View Single Post
Old 09-16-2008, 09:55 AM   #87
anonypony
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Poor Gary Mckinnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by murnut View Post
I don't believe the ends justifies the means.
Some here do.
Dear Murnut
You are of course entitled to believe anything you like, but that does not necessarily make it true or factual.

The fact is, as I have illustrated in an earlier post, the legal system in both the UK and the USA does not agree with your believe!

The courts on both side of the Atlantic have ruled on a number of occasions, that in some cases 'the end justifies the means'. I am afraid 'your believe' - does not come into it.

If you asked 'Does ANY cause ALWAYS justify ANY means'? I suspect the courts will say NO! But it seems, that when 'damage' to property - is the only injury, and the cause is to prevent, or expose an even bigger crime, the courts after considering the particular case and it's merits, do sometimes rule, that the ends justifies the means.

When you keep on insisting that YOUR believes are better or juster then others while your believes do not align with the law as it stands, you are in fact mirroring the behaviour you are attributing to those who don't agree with your views - 'the supporters'.

What we also need to bear in mind here, is that Gary admitted ONLY to un authorised access and ALWAYS denied the accusations of DAMAGE.

What happened to 'one is innocent until proven guilty'?

anonypony is offline   Reply With Quote