View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 10:43 AM   #63
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Default Re: March 8th International Woman's Day

Hi justpeter,

Be careful what you wish for there my friend. It's like a spot, it all starts out very small, a little irritating to begin with but not enough to bother you. Right?

Then you decide to prod it. You just had to prod it didn't you? Even though you knew you shouldn't.

Then one fine day, when you least expect it, when you wake up and look at your face in the mirror, POW! A huge festering spot that will destroy your plans for the day (or night).

So, now we have "Womens' Day", "Mothers' Day", a bastardized "Valentines' Day", "Birthday", "Anniversary of when you met", "Wedding Anniversary", just to name but a few. Forget any of those my friend and that is the beginning of the end.

By saying that men have the other 364 days of the year is now going to be a challenge for them. I think you may have stirred the sleeping beast!

As a bloke who likes to have a quiet life, all I can say is, "Thank you very much!".

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpeter View Post
Anyway, as a male myself I am very happy for women to have their own special day. It still leaves 364 for us
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote