View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 05:38 AM   #13
RSF
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Do you think there is too much paranoia going on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post
I think today I started to feel some fear as the financial world I grew up in is crumbling. Gas for us has double. A bag of 20lb rice went up $3 more per bag. A half-gallon of milk here is $7 and a loaf of bread around $5 a little less and a little more. Our electric bill went up even though we had cut our usage by more than half. All the extra money we used to have is now going to pay bills we didn't use to have and each day it seems like we're sinking a little bit more with the continued rising costs.

Our miniature horse got sick which meant a trip to the vet and meds. Another several hundred dollars out the door.

Everywhere I hear, “save your money.” I'd like to ask, "What money?" What happens when we run out of money to buy food? Then what? We have already started to use what I stocked up on several months ago and I'm worried because what used to be on the shelves isn't. Being on an island is different because 97 percent of what we use is imported, even the feed for the horses is imported because of lack of minerals in the grass here.

Sometimes there are moments when I just feel overwhelmed and these are the times when I feel a need to retreat and regroup. Take some quiet time to unplug from the depressing news of finance and politics.

However, it’s scary as we are all on this roller coaster and we are all teetering on the edge of a world-wide financial precipice. This is the moment, on each roller coaster ride, when I experience that moment of dread and think to myself what have I done. Only this time, this ride is not something of my choosing.

The felt sense I’m sensing now is akin to the wave that builds underneath the ocean's surface as it prepares for a giant tsunami. I feel this energy building and wonder, am I safe, will I survive this pending onslaught?

Then I think to myself, I’m of the generation where my parents went through the war. My husband’s family was in Germany and had to search the woods for mushrooms for food just to eat. Then I reflect on current news and I hear stories of future food wars and see pictures of prison rail cars in our own country. This information does not comfort me.

I guess I’m also feeling a bit overwhelmed and wondering if we can get self-sufficient in time before it gets worse. Like many I wonder if the money will continue to come in to pay the house mortgage. Then I wonder if gas is going to be $20 a gallon where my husband is affected just to go to his work. I’m sensing a mentality of fear and rage mounting around me. And I know I’m not alone. I worry about my people on this island and how are we going to manage… all of our electricity is dependent upon oil.

I worry about the old people and what will happen if they don’t get their medicine. I worry about all of our animals and pets that depend upon food from the mainland. I worry about my brothers and sisters who work 2 – 3 jobs just to make ends meet and how are they going to fair. I worry about our children who lack direction as their parents aren’t home because they have to work too many hours just to pay bills.

I just don’t think our lives are meant to be lived like this. I’m furious at the banksters and politicians that have been robbing us blind for years and I’m extremely ****** at our own Federal Reserve and Government. I’m so angry that I think they should all be fired and tired for treason. I think we should abandon the Federal Government and go back to a State system. I think we need to be smaller not bigger. I think our money should me spent in our own country to help our people here and not spent on other countries to help them out when we can’t even help ourselves. And our hard earned money earned of the sweat of our brow certainly should not be spent on bailing out Wall Street Criminals!

I think each state should establish its own currency… even if it’s just chickens, they’re worth more then a dollar bill is today. We need this change. This change is long overdue. This change terrifies me. Yet, it has to happen if we ever hope to be free of the criminals who have been controlling our planet.

Some of us will not survive this change and for this I’m deeply saddened and want to cry. It breaks my heart to see people suffer when life is meant to be lived so differently. Yet even with a breaking heart I know we must move forward. We cannot fall back and be victims in this war we are fighting because we are fighting to win our freedom back.

I would rather be dead then let these criminals take over the planet and have dominion over me. I don’t know about the rest of you but I do know this. God is with us, and god meant for us to be free.

I choose to fight for what I know in my heart is the right and ethical thing to do. I will not give up nor will I surrender. And with each breath, irrespective of how scary it gets, I will move forward with my fellow brothers and sisters to help build the world we were all meant to live in.

Aloha (your sister in spirit),

Carol
---

Carol I read your stuff and seems to me you may posses the qualities of a pure Worry-Wart.
Of course the World's going to cave in but after we have raised our Children and they know where to go from there(Us).
Bleakness is part of living but in this God forsaken land we can still hope pressures such as Russia, China, North Korea, Pakistan and India will learn to communicate it's all a no-win consideration.

Very interesting post Carol.

RSF
RSF is offline   Reply With Quote