View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 06:25 PM   #17
Morgan
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The Coming Starvation In America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulapops View Post
I have to agree with Izz here. For many years, I've just bought food as I've needed it, and as I mostly buy from the local greengrocer, butcher, fishmonger etc I just buy the food as I need it. I go with the flow and buy as and when.

This means I generally go shopping almost every other day. It also means my cupboards only have a few bits and pieces in them, the odd tin of soup or beans for rainy days.

Since this whole kerfufle started, I've been buying the odd extra extra tin and now my cupboards are nearly full (btw they're small cupboards and that probably represents only a couple of weeks worth of food).

And you know what? It doesn't feel right.

I don't want to change subject, but my point here is you have to trust your instincts.

A cupboard full of food doesn't feel right to me currently (especially if other people's cupboards will be empty) and neither does a bathroom full of toilet rolls.

(the feng-shui alone is muggy and heavy )

But look, surely if we want some spiritual awakening, this ain't going to happen unless everyone pulls together. And 'everyone' surely doesn't just mean the 'well-informed' and prepared. Doesn't make sense to me.

A time may well come when a lot of people (me included) will have to make a decision whether they are going to help others in distress, or wall themselves in. (I am legend springs to mind - what kind of an existence is that , really ?)

I hope that when the time comes I will make the right decision for spirit and not just for my self.
This is how I've been feeling. We don't just want to continue the same self-preserving paradigm that we've had for so long. I certainly would not want to be the last one surviving in a permanent martial law/nuclear war/one pandemic after another/etc. world. I have to agree that if I am the only one in my neighbourhood with food stores for a year, how good will I feel watching my neighbours suffer and possibly die?

Nevermind that if it got REALLY bad (which everyone is saying/thinking), how long do you think you will actually be in possession of food stores - be it the gov't confiscating, or crazy mobs looting, or your neighbour notices you're quite plump while everyone else is rail thin and decides he/she is not going to starve while you stuff your face.

Hmmm.

Aside from that stuff though, it just doesn't feel right to know in my godlike wisdom I have been hoarding/storing food for months/years to prepare for a coming emergency that I'm so determined is going to occur. And everybody else who is naive and/or stupid to not have been living in such awareness can all starve around me because they did not prepare.

Yeah, that sounds like a great attitude. Sounds like a world I want to live in :\
Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote