View Single Post
Old 10-17-2008, 05:39 AM   #19
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

Default Re: Come have a sit down with me around the Pot Bellied Stove and talk story.

You won't believe it. Take a look at this.

Your very own super duper underground shelter. http://www.survivalcenter.com/UG.html
Our Under ground shelters are designed to protect from earthquake, nuclear, biological or chemical events, tornadoes, hurricanes, fires, etc., and as a home safe area. Great Idea for VIP or Executive Protection - retreat, Secure Data Storage, Backup Command Post, Remote Protective Location, and more. Our heavy duty steel reinforced under ground shelters are air tight and water tight. Your particular situation may require additional equipment.

This reminds me of an underground motor home. I remember hearing this story from a friend who knew these folks in australia who bought a series of rail cars and buried them using them as an underground tunnel system which they also took their horses through. I guess one could always just bury some good size steel culvert and at least have the basics. I was kind of hoping for a nice simple root celler... but this looks pricy and elaborate.

The Basic Under ground Shelter ( Order Code # UG1) is an internally and externally reinforced ( reminds one of a submarine ) 8 ft diameter by 27 ft long ¼ inch thick steel tank. Includes: Lockable Air valves, entrance with ladder, emergency exit, emergency hatch opening 20 ton jack system, storage shelves, paint inside and out, metal protective anodes ( to prevent rust ), wood floor down the middle approx. 6 inches high. One low volume Flush Toilet, Shower, Double Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink, Food preparation area, 4 bunks + hangers to hook up additional hammocks, etc., and lots of storage. Lifting hooks for easy installation.

All shelters are air tight and water tight. These are tried and proven shelters tested over time. Starting at $59,995.00 plus delivery and installation.
YIKES!!!!

Air filtration, septic tank and hook up are optional. Why heavy duty steel? It works the best.

I just read the lifting hooks for easy insultion.. laughing I am. How the heck would we get something like that here. I'd likely be better of with an inner tube and snorkle gear... lathered with copious amounts of sun screen. I guess it's comforting to know there is an underground hidy hole.. but could you get your money back if it didn't work?

I guess one could use it as the mother-in-law habitat... or for the teens when they get noisy.. just send them below and lock the door from the outside for a little peace and quiet.

It kind of reminds me of the underground bunker house in the Eureka series. All one would need next is the talking computer to go with it.

However, I've decided that my back up plan is to throw my arms up to the heavens and shout take me quick!

Well my eyelids are saying... sleep, sleep. England is waking up and our Neatherland mod, Jenny and our UK buddys Kate, mikey, Colin are waking up and getting ready to take over the reins. Hawaii is saying Aloha and good night, while Europe is all bright eyed and bushy tailed and ready to carry the tourch. I forgot to add that Mary Lou from the mid US and Contactee77 from New Yourk are STILL UP modding. It's 2:07 am in New York where 77 is. They're the late, late, really late night shift. Shhh, 77 tends to fall asleep on his laptop. Steve from South America should be popping up soon and Johnno from Austraila is here now for their day shift, which is my shut-eye time. Amazing isn't it? We have this wonderful global community watching over both Camelot and Avalon 24/7.

Last edited by Carol; 10-17-2008 at 06:14 AM.
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote