View Single Post
Old 09-28-2008, 02:12 AM   #10
Soul Sequence
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: For "Survivors" Eyes Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by historycircus View Post
(heat signatures will be what gives these hidden communities away from satellite imagery)?
It got me thinking when you said this.....I have researched unmanned planes the military uses that can, in reality, its just a remote controlled spy plane taking heat signatures and I'm sure they can also equip to target certain signatures automatically..........this is scary........but something to be prepared for....I'll do some research and see what I can find to combat this if any.

"Technology has its role. Ground-penetrating radar and heat sensors can locate enemy fighters in tunnels or behind walls.

One such device was quietly loaned to rescue teams after the Sept. 11 attacks on the World Trade Center, Pentagon officials said. Called the Tactical Mobile Robot, this small, remote-controlled vehicle, which is still undergoing tests, burrows through walls or concrete and sends back pictures.

Urban operations would begin after sundown, when American optical technology allows its forces to dominate the battlefield while many adversaries are blinded by the night. Most residents are at home, so they do not fill the streets. The streets are the most dangeous place. "

Last edited by Soul Sequence; 09-28-2008 at 02:17 AM. Reason: added info
Soul Sequence is offline   Reply With Quote