View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 05:22 PM   #46
Jnana
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Ivan "Evon" Stein 2012 Presentation!

Quote:
Who are some scientists that can be trusted to provide information surrounding possible natural disasters associated with 2012?
I don't think I can answer that question. First of all, I don't buy into the 2012 mythology. It's just a date that will come and go. I do feel very strongly that we are in a period of transition, but it's a good thing, not something to fear. It's already started and will continue past 2012. Just my view based on my experiences. Pretty much all fear-invoking scenarios associated with 2012 have been devised to make people afraid in a lame attempt to interfere with this consciousness raising process.

For the most part, established science and 2012 just don't mix. Very few geologists give a hoot about the interpretation of the Mayan calendar that says 2012 is significant. Very few Mayan scholars buy that interpretation, which is essentially the work of one man. Science works by consensus. In claiming a scientific basis for 2012 predictions, Stein is just making stuff up, but invoking the word "science" to give his presentation on air of credibility to people that don't notice how many horribly wrong things he says (e.g.: carbon dating of rocks, the bicycle wheel fan analogy for the galaxy, and how fossil formation works, just for starters).

People with scientific training can and do find themselves interested in the spiritual side of the universe. I consider myself reasonably scientifically literate, which is why it really rubs me the wrong way when some says "scientific" and then spews a bunch of nonsense that proves their ignorance of the science they are invoking. That being said, I also know that much of established science is dogma, and there's a whole bunch missing from it. That's still no reason for presenting BS as "science".

Anyone can tell you that eventually San Francisco is going to experience another big earthquake eventually. It's difficult for geologists to say when with much accuracy because there are so many unknown quantities. We know there are coronal mass ejections from the sun, but saying for certain that a big one will come our way on a certain date isn't possible using conventional science. If you are looking to conventional science for predictions, just remember how accurate long term weather forecasts usually are.

Preparing for a certain amount of trouble is probably a good idea. Things could get messy as TPTW try desperately to hang on to control. Worrying about specifically what is going to happen where and when is probably a waste of time. Get in touch with your intuition and follow it. As Obiwan said, "trust your feelings".
Jnana is offline   Reply With Quote