Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE)

Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) (http://projectavalon.net/forum/index.php)
-   Project Camelot General Discussion (http://projectavalon.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Poor Gary Mckinnon (http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=585)

murnut 09-14-2008 03:35 PM

Re: Poor Gary Mckinnon
 
I understand your point.


No hacker has ever gotten any sentence more than 10 years in the States.



I am sorry that Gary's appeals to the courts of the UK and Europe have failed.

But the 70 year thing is an exaggeration,

More disinfo from Gary's team include, but not limited to.

Gary is being tried as an enemy combatant....NOT

Gary faces the death penalty.....NOT

Gary is going to Guantanamo.....NOT

I am sorry Gary did these acts without considering the consequences.

I am sure that many have committed acts thinking the punishment would be one thing, only to find out it is another.

Why is Gary not responsible for his own actions?

If you read the house of Lords decision, it is unlikely Gary get more than 8 to 10 years.

Yes Gary is entitled to his day in court.

But if found guilty, he faces the maximum time.

This is the same for all defendants.

Some are offered plea bargains, some are not.

Gary was offered a fair plea bargain, and he turned it down.

Are the Ptb responsible for this?

Is Gary not responsible for his own actions?

Did you read the House of Lords Decision?

My question is, why do so many want Gary to go to trial, against his best interest?

If 6 month plea bargain was offered again, 6mos usa minimum security jail, and 18 mos uk jail, would we be encouraging him to take the deal, or go to trial?

murnut 09-14-2008 03:46 PM

Re: Poor Gary Mckinnon
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadrush (Post 11484)


Under US law each indictment carries a possible sentence of 10 years and there are as I understand it seven charges. These will not run concurrently under US law, but back to back. So my understanding is a possible sentence of 70 years!!!

If Gary is extradited and sentenced, it will set a very dangerous precedent for all British citizens who can then be shipped out whenever Uncle Sam demands.

In the UK, a British citizen is "innocent until proven guilty" and that does not appear to be happening here!

Ross Hemsworth
http://www.nowthatsweird.co.uk
English and Proud of it!


20. If, however, the appellant chose not to cooperate, and were then extradited and convicted, he might expect to receive a sentence of 8-10 years, possibly longer, and would not be repatriated to the UK for any part of it. He would accordingly serve the whole sentence in a US prison (possibly high security) with at best some 15% remission.

Gary has not had a trial yet on the US charges., the trial occurs , and evidence is presented.

The extradition trial has occurred, and Gary lost .

draconine 09-14-2008 03:56 PM

Re: Poor Gary Mckinnon
 
“US foreign policy is akin to government-sponsored terrorism these days . . . It was not a mistake that there was a huge security stand down on September 11 last year . . . I am SOLO. I will continue to disrupt at the highest levels . . .” “

That pretty much closes the case. I believe that Gary broke into the most classified computer networks on earth only with the best of intentions. And perhaps this whole case is just to show what happens when you break into such places... but Gary is an adult and should have been prepared for this possibility, or shouldn't have been hacking in the first place.

nomadrush 09-14-2008 04:08 PM

Re: Poor Gary Mckinnon
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by murnut (Post 11531)
20. If, however, the appellant chose not to cooperate, and were then extradited and convicted, he might expect to receive a sentence of 8-10 years, possibly longer, and would not be repatriated to the UK for any part of it. He would accordingly serve the whole sentence in a US prison (possibly high security) with at best some 15% remission.

Gary has not had a trial yet on the US charges., the trial occurs , and evidence is presented.

The extradition trial has occurred, and Gary lost .


The Law Lords got this wrong as they took this to mean the indictments would if found guilty, run concurrently. This has been a well-publicised balls-up by the Lords.

The trial has NOT taken place, we have only heard the presentations as to why Gary should not be extradited.

In my opinion, there has been a major cover-up here, no real press attention and no-one daring to stand-up up to the Americans and saying NO you can't have him ,he will be tried here!

It makes me wonder if amongst the stuff Gary allegedly downloaded, there may be some evidence so damaging, that the US do not want it presented as evidence in a UK courtroom for all to see????

Ross

murnut 09-14-2008 04:26 PM

Re: Poor Gary Mckinnon
 
What hacker has gotten 70 years?

What hacker has gotten more than 10?

Most are under 5.

Many plead out to less than 2.

In order for Gary to be tried in the UK, the UK would have to charge him.

This has not happened.

Besides, the UK does not evidence of a crime committed against the UK.

Gary should have hacked the UK military network.

For all of Gary's efforts, he in fact has no proof of anything he claims.

If he had any real proof, we would have never of heard of him, he would have been "heart attacked"

It goes against logic that the Ptb would want this out in the open don't you think?

It goes against logic that the biggest secret in the history of mankind would be available to common hackers.

Since Gary decided he did not like his potential punishment, he has been "selling" his story.

You bought it.

But there is little reality in it.... In my opinion.

Bill Ryan 09-15-2008 06:07 PM

Re: Poor Gary Mckinnon
 
Hi, Murmut:

We'll always welcome intelligent, well-informed passion here, but regardless of your passion to criticize Gary, and your presumed intelligence, you don't seem to be well-informed.

I've not yet read every post of yours here, but I believe I get the gist. You've certainly got your teeth into this for some reason that is not clear to me.

As best I know, Gary has never personally made any of the claims (re his legal situation) that you seem to be assigning to him. These are the conjectures of other pundits in the UFO community.

Gary is legally prohibited from using a computer. He can't even send an e-mail himself. He does not post on any forums. He does not manage his own website. As best I understand, his mother, Janis, does that.

It's legitimate to debate the interesting issues, but not to criticize him personally. That's way out of order. It sounds as if you've never seen a single interview he gave, which is puzzling because I assume you would have informed yourself well before posting.

As a separate issue, Gary has no proof of anything which he saw or read on screen. He was using a dial-up modem and was not able to download anything (although I believe he did try, but it took too long.) He readily admits he broke the law.

I have two questions:

1) Can you help us understand where you're coming from?

2) (as Einstein would have called a thought experiment) - If Gary was here, what would you like to ask him? (Between us, we MAY be able to answer fairly on his behalf.)

Very best wishes, Bill

JoinTheFun 09-15-2008 09:46 PM

Re: Poor Gary Mckinnon
 
I would like to ask him if he holds any bargaining chips.

King Lear 09-15-2008 09:51 PM

Re: Poor Gary Mckinnon
 
I would ask him:
If he, or another one could make sketches of what he saw.

But probably, that only will happen after his trial.

Bill Ryan 09-15-2008 11:38 PM

Re: Poor Gary Mckinnon
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JoinTheFun (Post 13488)
I would like to ask him if he holds any bargaining chips.

As best I know, he doesn't... except that Dan Burisch and Marci McDowell have stated that they will testify under penalty of perjury about the details of the secret space program - if called to do so.

That's a real wild card that might actually cut both ways... it COULD mean that it never goes to trial (i.e. gets delayed forever).

To King Lear's question: the only images he saw, as best I recall, were 'unairbrushed' lunar photos. They were clearly in two folders: the original images, and the same images when 'treated'. [My paraphrase - I don't recall what Gary said the folder names were.]

He found one original and was trying to download it on his 56k modem, but was interrupted and never completed the download. It was a very large file.

Very best, Bill

King Lear 09-16-2008 12:03 AM

Re: Poor Gary Mckinnon
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Ryan (Post 13710)
To King Lear's question: the only images he saw, as best I recall, were 'unairbrushed' lunar photos. They were clearly in two folders: the original images, and the same images when 'treated'. [My paraphrase - I don't recall what Gary said the folder names were.]


Dear Bill,
I don't rember if it was in your interview or the others he gave on tv, but he mentioned to have seen a kind of space station, of that he was pretty much sure that it wasn't earth-made.


Something like that:
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/2...schiffefp3.jpg

murnut 09-16-2008 02:03 AM

Re: Poor Gary Mckinnon
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Ryan (Post 13109)
Hi, Murmut:

We'll always welcome intelligent, well-informed passion here, but regardless of your passion to criticize Gary, and your presumed intelligence, you don't seem to be well-informed.

I've not yet read every post of yours here, but I believe I get the gist. You've certainly got your teeth into this for some reason that is not clear to me.

As best I know, Gary has never personally made any of the claims (re his legal situation) that you seem to be assigning to him. These are the conjectures of other pundits in the UFO community.

Gary is legally prohibited from using a computer. He can't even send an e-mail himself. He does not post on any forums. He does not manage his own website. As best I understand, his mother, Janis, does that.

It's legitimate to debate the interesting issues, but not to criticize him personally. That's way out of order. It sounds as if you've never seen a single interview he gave, which is puzzling because I assume you would have informed yourself well before posting.

As a separate issue, Gary has no proof of anything which he saw or read on screen. He was using a dial-up modem and was not able to download anything (although I believe he did try, but it took too long.) He readily admits he broke the law.

I have two questions:

1) Can you help us understand where you're coming from?

2) (as Einstein would have called a thought experiment) - If Gary was here, what would you like to ask him? (Between us, we MAY be able to answer fairly on his behalf.)

Very best wishes, Bill

Hi Bill

Great site you have here.

I am a great admirer of what you and Kerry have done, are doing, and will do.

By the way...it is murNut, with an N.

I am disappointed that you would make a comment about me being uninformed, without reading my other posts.

I hope that Gary does as little time as possible, or none at all.

I don't think this is likely though.

If you would read some of my other posts on this matter, you would see that my main criticism is of Gary's supporters...speaking it would seem on his behalf.


I don't believe the ends justifies the means.

Some here do.

The circle must be broken, IMO, other wise how are we any different than those we despise?

I do have some problems, with some of the misinformation that has been floated by those that have identified themselves as Gary supporters.

Gary is not a terrorist, and was offered a fair plea arrangement in my opinion.

He declined, and this is his right.

If the issue is that the UK should not allow Gary to be extradited, that is a different matter.

I have no real opinion...other than Gary has had his day in court, 3 times on this issue, and lost.

Are all of these judges in on the conspiracy to get Gary?

Yes, I have seen multiple interviews of Gary, and read many news accounts.

If I am being asked if I believe Gary is credible, no, sadly I don't.

I don't believe secret ufo/space files are on computer networks.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

The biggest secret in the history of the world on a network?

I just don't think it is logical to believe this is true.

I am not aware that I have criticized him personally.

Maybe I questioned some of his decisions?

I have no questions for Gary.

Many have posted that Gary is a hero.

I can't say I agree.

The ufo community has hero's that don't break the law.

What about those that break their security oath, you might say?

Who has been prosecuted for this?

Gary's supporter making wild claims, hurts the credibility of the ufo community as a whole.

I believe only the best cases, that have the best witnesses, with supporting documentation, should be the cases that are debated in the public.


I feel bad for Gary, but time to man up.

anonypony 09-16-2008 09:55 AM

Re: Poor Gary Mckinnon
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by murnut (Post 13928)
I don't believe the ends justifies the means.
Some here do.

Dear Murnut
You are of course entitled to believe anything you like, but that does not necessarily make it true or factual.

The fact is, as I have illustrated in an earlier post, the legal system in both the UK and the USA does not agree with your believe!

The courts on both side of the Atlantic have ruled on a number of occasions, that in some cases 'the end justifies the means'. I am afraid 'your believe' - does not come into it.

If you asked 'Does ANY cause ALWAYS justify ANY means'? I suspect the courts will say NO! But it seems, that when 'damage' to property - is the only injury, and the cause is to prevent, or expose an even bigger crime, the courts after considering the particular case and it's merits, do sometimes rule, that the ends justifies the means.

When you keep on insisting that YOUR believes are better or juster then others while your believes do not align with the law as it stands, you are in fact mirroring the behaviour you are attributing to those who don't agree with your views - 'the supporters'.

What we also need to bear in mind here, is that Gary admitted ONLY to un authorised access and ALWAYS denied the accusations of DAMAGE.

What happened to 'one is innocent until proven guilty'?





King Lear 09-16-2008 10:07 AM

Re: Poor Gary Mckinnon
 
I'm astonished of the manner how many energy murnut does expense on this thread.:yikes:
Posting yards-long posts and ongoing to criticise Gary's behaviour and our understanding of law.

There are only a few explenations:
- He has to be a Neo-Con
- an Ex-CIA agent
- an Ex-NASA employee who's computer got hacked and "damaged" and he disgraced
- or he is just a guy who's banking account got hacked by Gary;)


And Yoda says:

The

Enter

Key,

he

seems

to

love,

young

Padawan.
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/384/250pxyodaop8.jpg

anonypony 09-16-2008 11:06 AM

Re: Poor Gary Mckinnon
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by murnut (Post 13928)
"I do have some problems, with some of the misinformation that has been floated by those that have identified themselves as Gary supporters.

Gary... was offered a fair plea arrangement in my opinion. He declined, and this is his right."...


Dear Murnut and all

Was it a fair plea?

The question of 'a fair plea' and the notion that it was guarantied in writing, something you repeat ad infini with an air of authority, is where you are grossly misinformed in my view.

I would be very interested if you could provide any documented EVIDENCE to support this claim. Quoting the House of Lords decision, is not sufficient. and here is why:
When Gary was offered the plea he was inclined to take it. However when he asked for all the promises offered, to be guarantied in writing, the prosecutors refused. Within the bundle of documents submitted to the courts, there is a letter from the prosecutors, which clearly states that they reserve the right to declare Gary a terrorist and reserve the right to prosecute and lock him up ‘tanamo style. This letter was part of the evidence submitted to the house of lords hearing, it was never refuted as authentic, and it was discussed as part of the hearing, but despite it all, there is no mention of it in the HL ruling.
With this information in mind what do you think - Is that a fair plea?

Can we trust this people?

Lets look at another similar case, that of Kevin David Mitnick - he was left to rot in jail for four and a half years pre-trial, until he agreed to a plea! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Mitnick

In other words there is a great chance, that there is never going to be any court case, UNLESS there is a guilty plea!

Should one plea if s/he did not do the crime they are accused of?

This is a huge question. What would you do? (question to all)


anonypony 09-16-2008 11:32 AM

Re: Poor Gary Mckinnon
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by King Lear (Post 14386)
I'm astonished of the manner how many energy murnut does expense on this thread.:yikes:
Posting yards-long posts and ongoing to criticise Gary's behaviour and our understanding of law.

There are only a few explenations:
- He has to be a Neo-Con
- an Ex-CIA agent
- an Ex-NASA employee who's computer got hacked and "damaged" and he disgraced
- or he is just a guy who's banking account got hacked by Gary;)


Or just the thought police paid to post?
:bash:

In any case I am grateful, as I said before, it gives me an opportunity to talk about it taking it a point at a time...
:trumpet:

murnut 09-16-2008 12:50 PM

Re: Poor Gary Mckinnon
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by King Lear (Post 14386)
I'm astonished of the manner how many energy murnut does expense on this thread.:yikes:
Posting yards-long posts and ongoing to criticise Gary's behaviour and our understanding of law.

There are only a few explenations:
- He has to be a Neo-Con
- an Ex-CIA agent
- an Ex-NASA employee who's computer got hacked and "damaged" and he disgraced
- or he is just a guy who's banking account got hacked by Gary;)



I was responding to Bill Ryan.

He asked me to reply and I have.

I respect Bill and owed that to him.

I am none of the above.

Plea arrangements are never guaranteed, in the US, they must be approved by the court.

But they are approved as written, 99% of the time.

Phoenix 09-16-2008 12:55 PM

Re: Poor Gary Mckinnon
 
Just in case you missed it!


Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadrush (Post 11484)
You're missing the whole point here....#

The alleged "crime" was committed from a house in North London and that means that under British law he should be tried and sentenced if found guilty, in the UK, that is not up for dispute it's a fact of British law.


murnut 09-16-2008 12:57 PM

Re: Poor Gary Mckinnon
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by anonypony (Post 14414)


Dear Murnut and all

Was it a fair plea?

The question of 'a fair plea' and the notion that it was guarantied in writing, something you repeat ad infini with an air of authority, is where you are grossly misinformed in my view.

I would be very interested if you could provide any documented EVIDENCE to support this claim. Quoting the House of Lords decision, is not sufficient. and here is why:
When Gary was offered the plea he was inclined to take it. However when he asked for all the promises offered, to be guarantied in writing, the prosecutors refused. Within the bundle of documents submitted to the courts, there is a letter from the prosecutors, which clearly states that they reserve the right to declare Gary a terrorist and reserve the right to prosecute and lock him up ‘tanamo style. This letter was part of the evidence submitted to the house of lords hearing, it was never refuted as authentic, and it was discussed as part of the hearing, but despite it all, there is no mention of it in the HL ruling.
With this information in mind what do you think - Is that a fair plea?

Can we trust this people?

Lets look at another similar case, that of Kevin David Mitnick - he was left to rot in jail for four and a half years pre-trial, until he agreed to a plea! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Mitnick

In other words there is a great chance, that there is never going to be any court case, UNLESS there is a guilty plea!

Should one plea if s/he did not do the crime they are accused of?

This is a huge question. What would you do? (question to all)


Thanks for proving my point....he did 5 years...not 70.

Gary has admitted the hacking.

When I get a speeding ticket, I pay the fine

murnut 09-16-2008 12:58 PM

Re: Poor Gary Mckinnon
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix (Post 14497)
Just in case you missed it!

So why again was he not charged by the UK?

mikey 09-16-2008 05:21 PM

Re: Poor Gary Mckinnon
 
Hi people...with all due respect to gary i have got to say this thread is becoming ridiculous.
I think the majority of people (please shout if u think otherwise) on here and in general who are ''aware'' actually want to see this man not extradited either unjustly or unfairly...which seems to be what is happening.
Murnut, i mean no disrespect in any way but i find ur ongoing posts and arguments quite repetitive and dismayingly suspicious. I am by no means hailing gary as a hero nor am i ignoring the ''real'' heroes in the ufo community but one has to ask if u can not see how unjust this case has gone then one can only assume it is a matter of ur awareness on gary mckinnon's case and/or the global/universal/multiversal issues and tptb in general. It is a struggle to see how u can persistantly argue in somewhat of an inhumanely, negative manner and still wish for the best result for gary in his case.

Again i stress, i mean no disrespect or offense to u or anybody and whole-heartedly apologise if iv done so...

Whatever happens to gary is happening to us...we are all we are

peace
bananaman

EchosLament 09-17-2008 12:32 AM

Re: Poor Gary Mckinnon
 
To me, this is civil disobedience.

Rosa Parks was arrested for civil disobedience.

If we never break the unconstitutional laws and we always stay within the confines of laws that harm other humans... we are no better than those who would oppress us.

I am not saying that this is on the same level as civil rights, but they know and they aren't telling US... the people.

The Governments keep secrets from us, the people. The same people who they are supposed to be representing.

murnut 09-17-2008 02:09 AM

Re: Poor Gary Mckinnon
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bananaman (Post 14547)
H
It is a struggle to see how u can persistantly argue in somewhat of an inhumanely, negative manner and still wish for the best result for gary in his case.


What have I suggested that is inhumane?


Govts have secrets, govts will always have secrets.

I don't like it, but it is a fact.

Sorry my opinion have offended.

Apparently, my opinion is not the "approved" opinion.

Do you realize this is exactly what the "other" side does as well?

murnut 09-17-2008 02:21 AM

Re: Poor Gary Mckinnon
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by anonypony (Post 14414)




Lets look at another similar case, that of Kevin David Mitnick - he was left to rot in jail for four and a half years pre-trial, until he agreed to a plea! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Mitnick

Are you sure this is the case you want to use as an example?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_VYWefmy34

Colin 09-17-2008 08:59 AM

Re: Poor Gary Mckinnon
 
Ok guys We've had some very valid arguments, both for, and against the way Gary is being treated, but now we appear to be going round in circles, and I think the thread has run it's course.

So, I've created a Poll which will run for 24 hours.

http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=2327


There are 2 options:
  • Close the thread, we agree to disagree, time to move on
  • Leave the thread open, more discussion is needed


I cant stress enough that this is in no way any form of censorship.

Please vote guys, it's your choice :original:

bluestix 09-17-2008 09:11 AM

Re: Poor Gary Mckinnon
 
Any slave with the audacity to question the masters is sure to be whipped.


It is terrible and sad but such is the nature of the Babylon Slavery System.




Rasta free the people
Over hills and valleys too
Don't let them fool you
Don't believe one minute that they are with you
Jah free the people
Over hills and valleys too
Don't let them fool you
Don't believe for a minute that they are with you


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Project Avalon