Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE)

Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) (http://projectavalon.net/forum/index.php)
-   Spirituality (http://projectavalon.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Why making God unfashionable never works.. (http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20133)

aroundthetable 02-22-2010 11:03 AM

Re: Why making God unfashionable never works..

Chris wrote...

"How may I serve you beloved God"

That is the attitude of a soul in their true constitutional postion.

Wonderful.

lisa 02-22-2010 09:03 PM

Wow, still going? God is such a heated topic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by truthseekerdan (Post 240116)
Jesus did not have to reincarnate on this Earth 2k years ago.
He was already an ascended being (soul).

Jesus chose (volunteered) to reincarnate from Pure Divine Love that he has for us.

...and so it goes that Billy chose to reincarnate here to help us (according to the Meier material).

Greybeard, why do people like to add letters to their names (Dr, PhD, MD etc.) even when they are fake?

truthseekerdan 02-22-2010 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa (Post 242298)

...and so it goes that Billy chose to reincarnate here to help us (according to the Meier material).

Greybeard, why do people like to add letters to their names (Dr, PhD, MD etc.) even when they are fake?

Lisa, I personally started to doubt that you are really looking for enlightenment on this thread. Correct me if I'm wrong... :sorry:

If you want to discuss about Billy and not God, then please start your own thread. Hope you don't take this the wrong way. Thanks! :original:

Love and light,

Dan

lisa 02-22-2010 10:30 PM

My point is - If Billy is really Jesus, a lot of people are poo-pooing him off.
In addition, it is not hard to see why people poo-poo Jesus off back in his days (including those who think they serve God).

This thread is: "Why making God unfashionable never works.." and people are debating that.
If my point of view contradicts your religious beliefs so much that it disturbs you, please put me on your "ignore list".

greybeard 02-22-2010 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa (Post 242298)

Lisa would you like to define fake for me?

Dr. David R. Hawkins

Biography Summary

Sir David R. Hawkins, M.D., Ph.D. is a nationally renowned psychiatrist, physician, researcher, spiritual teacher and lecturer. He co-authored the ground-breaking work, Orthomolecular Psychiatry with Nobel Laureate Linus Pauling, that helped revolutionize psychiatryDr. Hawkins' honors are vast. His background is detailed in Who's Who in America and Who's Who in the World, and his work has been acclaimed by many world leaders and Nobelists, including Mother Teresa. His life is devoted to the upliftment of mankind.Dr. Hawkins has lectured at the University of Argentina; Notre Dame, Stanford, and Harvard Universities; Westminster Abbey; and the Oxford Forum. In addition, he has been an advisor to Catholic, Protestant, and Buddhist monasteries. He has conferred with foreign governments on international diplomacy and has been instrumental in resolving long-standing conflicts that were major threats to world peace. He is the author of the best-selling trilogy, Power vs. Force (published in 17 languages);

I cut it short at that.

Well if thats fake!!!!
Regards Chris

beren 02-22-2010 10:37 PM

Greybeard,Frank,Arounthetable,Truthseererdan and others;

I will now paste one touching story :

John 13:3-17

3.Jesus knew that the Father had put all things under his power, and that he had come from God and was returning to God; 4.so he got up from the meal, took off his outer clothing, and wrapped a towel around his waist. 5.After that, he poured water into a basin and began to wash his disciples' feet, drying them with the towel that was wrapped around him.

6.He came to Simon Peter, who said to him, "Lord, are you going to wash my feet?"

7.Jesus replied, "You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand."

8"No," said Peter, "you shall never wash my feet."
Jesus answered, "Unless I wash you, you have no part with me."

9"Then, Lord," Simon Peter replied, "not just my feet but my hands and my head as well!"

10.Jesus answered, "A person who has had a bath needs only to wash his feet; his whole body is clean. And you are clean, though not every one of you." 11.For he knew who was going to betray him, and that was why he said not every one was clean.

12.When he had finished washing their feet, he put on his clothes and returned to his place. "Do you understand what I have done for you?" he asked them. 13"You call me 'Teacher' and 'Lord,' and rightly so, for that is what I am. 14.Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another's feet. 15I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. 16I tell you the truth, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. 17.Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.

What lessons we can learn here?

Humility and love.

He that is king of kings and lord of lords , bowed down ,did the work of a servant and washed feet.

WHO are we with our foolish pride ?

If the one who is second to God did this, then can`t we humble ourself?

We can`t be named children of God tomorrow if we are not like him.

truthseekerdan 02-22-2010 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa (Post 242341)
My point is - If Billy is really :devil:, a lot of people are poo-pooing him off.

If you want to believe in Billy fine. However, we're not discussing him here.
So please do the people of this thread a favor and start your own. Thanks!

:thumbdown:

beren 02-22-2010 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa (Post 242341)
My point is - If Billy is really Jesus, a lot of people are poo-pooing him off.
In addition, it is not hard to see why people poo-poo Jesus off back in his days (including those who think they serve God).

This thread is: "Why making God unfashionable never works.." and people are debating that.
If my point of view contradicts your religious beliefs so much that it disturbs you, please put me on your "ignore list".

Lisa,

Billy is not Jesus.

lisa 02-22-2010 10:41 PM

As you know, Dr. David R. Hawkins, M.D., Ph.D's "Ph.D" is from an unaccredited diploma mill that was shut down by court order: http://www.skepdic.com/news/newsletter58.html#3

Why is his name still attached to those letters?

lisa 02-22-2010 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beren (Post 242351)
Billy is not Jesus.

beren, you are certain of it. However, certainty does not make it true/untrue.
He maybe, he may not be. In time, it will all be clear...

greybeard 02-22-2010 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa (Post 242353)
As you know, Dr. David R. Hawkins, M.D., Ph.D's "Ph.D" is from an unaccredited diploma mill that was shut down by court order: http://www.skepdic.com/news/newsletter58.html#3

Why is his name still attached to those letters?

Llsa I have no idea about the Ph.D and frankly it doesn't concern me. He was a practicing Dr and Psychiatrist for years.

Is it not just possible that he got the qualification honestly whilst the place was accreited?
If so he would be entitled to keep the qualification. If he was dishonest he would have been struck off
Regardless look at the rest of his biology is that false too?

It is easy to put stuff on the net and claim Hoax as you know.
Virtually every prominent spiritual person has had their reputation put in doubt.

All I can say is that I have benefited greatly from his books and I dont have to defend anyone.
You are perfectly entitled to your opinion Lisa and whatever moves you.

Regards to you
Chris

beren 02-22-2010 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa (Post 242360)
beren, you are certain of it. However, certainty does not make it true/untrue.
He maybe, he may not be. In time, it will all be clear...

Well true, but with that line of reasoning, everything may or may not be.
Who knows ,maybe your first neighbor is Jesus or bus driver in your street...

I am talking here straightforward without putting you down.

lisa 02-22-2010 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beren (Post 242367)
Well true, but with that line of reasoning, everything may or may not be.

There are things that we know to be true (for practical purpose), but yeah, people have very different certainties about God.

Quote:

Who knows ,maybe your first neighbor is Jesus or bus driver in your street...

That's right! :thumb_yello:

Quote:

I am talking here straightforward without putting you down.

Thank You!

lisa 02-22-2010 11:14 PM

I asked because Dr David Hawkins is supposed to be "in that rare state of nonduality -ego less, Oneness with God".
It is surprising that someone at that state is attached to letters behind his name.
Also, I think that a spiritual person should naturally be truthful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by greybeard (Post 242365)
All I can say is that I have benefited greatly from his books and I dont have to defend anyone.

That's great, thanks! :thumb_yello:

greybeard 02-22-2010 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa (Post 242379)
I asked because Dr David Hawkins is supposed to be "in that rare state of nonduality -ego less, Oneness with God".
It is surprising that someone at that state is attached to letters behind his name.
Also, I think that a spiritual person should naturally be truthful.

That's great, thanks! :thumb_yello:

Yes you are correct Lisa, Hawkins is not attached to anything in that he is not the this or that, being a Dr is a function not what he is. all functions are to be respected but they are just labels.
The reason for getting the PhD is that the first book Power Versus force was aimed at the intellect as a bridge between the linear and non linear and he is well aware in this world people of so called intellect are more likly to read a book by a PhD. Thats the way it is here. St Teresa wrote a foreword for the book.
Anyway its a good book to read as a bridge between the scientific and the world of the mystic.

Regards
Chris

greybeard 02-22-2010 11:35 PM

Thanks for the story Beren.
Jeus was offered much by the devil but refused.

I wouldn't want the responsibility of power or to be a co-creator with God.
Like everyone else I have had a measure of success and my 30 seconds of fame:mfr_lol:
Im happy with the little I have now and the freedom of not having my own house or car to worry about.
My five children are grown up and have never given me a sleepless night. God has been and is kind.
My mind is quiet.
What more could I want?
With love
Chris

RedeZra 02-23-2010 01:23 AM

what is not confined within the heart

but can be found there

what is not chained within Creation

but can be unlocked there

what is not lost nor bound

but forever fresh and free

whose form is Love and name is Truth

lisa 02-23-2010 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greybeard (Post 242390)
The reason for getting the PhD is that the first book Power Versus force was aimed at the intellect as a bridge between the linear and non linear and he is well aware in this world people of so called intellect are more likly to read a book by a PhD. Thats the way it is here. St Teresa wrote a foreword for the book.

Thanks Chris.

If that is the case, Dr. David R. Hawkins, M.D., Ph.D should know that the Bible says:
"Thou shalt not lie."
not
"Thou shalt not lie unless you want to sell a book."
nor
"Thou shalt not lie unless you find a good excuse."

truth and integrity 02-23-2010 03:53 AM

Greetings, aroundthetable :original:

truth and integrity 02-23-2010 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Frank Samuel
At one point in my life I had an amazing collection of books, proud to consider myself an educated man.
I have been there too.:original: I love studying, learning, and growing and I’ve always wanted to understand the depth of human psyche. But I felt that I was chasing a shadow. I was fascinated by a new theory and than I experienced a dark night of the soul when I entered a questioning period. It is another stage in our growth when after questioning, synthesizing, and integrating our experience and knowledge we reach our inner truth. There is no more guessing but inner clarity and peacefulness, a place where values, beliefs, and the actions become one. We do not need to think about values but simply living them and our faith is more than beliefs or even a way of life, but is a total commitment to the ongoing, guiding presence of God. This is how I understand my cherished verse: Seek the truth and the truth shall set you free.

greybeard 02-23-2010 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa (Post 242478)
Thanks Chris.

If that is the case, Dr. David R. Hawkins, M.D., Ph.D should know that the Bible says:
"Thou shalt not lie."
not
"Thou shalt not lie unless you want to sell a book."
nor
"Thou shalt not lie unless you find a good excuse."

Oh lisa
if you get a degree from what you believe to be a credible source to further your aim to reduce the suffering of the world, how come thats a lie?

Please read the book get the informtion first hand or at least read the info here
http://www.veritaspub.com/index.php?page=about

You are coming from a place of lack of knowledge about the subject.
Thats ok but please take at least a little time to study Dr Hawkins before you cast stones.
He has helped thousands of people face to face and thats a fact.

Let he who is without sin etc.

Anyway your thoughts are yours.
Thanks for giving me the opportunity to talk more about Dr Hawkins who also helped set up AA which saved my life.
Have a nice day.

Regards Chris

aroundthetable 02-23-2010 12:16 PM

Good day my fine friends. That was a nice passage Beren, a humble attitude is required for spiritual progress. Spritual practice as taught for thousands of years cleans the dust off the heart and restores the natural beauty of the soul within. It is like a mirror that gets dusty and loses its reflection qualities, steady spiritual practice cleans the mirror of the soul and thereby brings the intelligence with which to understand Gods message. Whilst a person is filled with hate and anger, they will never understand, they never actually try the experiment offered in scripture, though they are most in need to do so.

aroundthetable 02-23-2010 12:35 PM

My friends, why do you think making God unfashionable never works? Even a small browse amongst the wonderful posts here indirectly makes this kind of obvious, but i think returning to the original question can bring some good answers from the thinkers here.

Ill attempt to start this off again as best as i am able.

Its because God is REAL, he sits next to us ALWAYS in our heart ( actually Nassim Haramein has made some good progress on this albeit in a mostly physics sense) We may forget God, we may choose to be a slave to the senses and run around in circles collecting the baubles of material existence and engage in consumerism.

So God is real, God is within and without and he never forgets us, he is always there for us when we wish to return home. We have a much better place to be, free from the cycle of birth, old age, disease and death. As long as we inhabit a material body we will never be in our constitutional position. We are meant to go home, back to Godhead.

So God will never become unfashionable because He will not allow it to become so. There is so much more in store for us in the spiritual world.

Frank Samuel 02-23-2010 01:12 PM

Good morning to all I love to see that all is alive and well on this thread.
God indeed never goes out of style. From a Historical perspective I am a bit disappointed that many books concerning the life of Jesus where left out intentionally out of the new testament. One example of that if Jesus mother Mary . His Mother was an integral part of Jesus life specially after his crucifixion. Good old Peter never thought that a woman should be given any credit so her version was not included. For those that already know Jesus was not born from a virgin. Jesus did have a biological Father. Jesus did marry and had children , no mention of this in the New Testament. Jesus had brothers and sisters . I can go on and on. Many of these facts are important because they unravel the true story of Jesus . I want to give you an example of how we deify good people and overlook the real history. Martin Luther King jr. a great man who is given credit for helping black and minorities gain civil liberties in America. Martin's real story was told by a dear friend of his, Rev. Abernathy.
He mention both Martin's attributes and Martin's faults. Many people where angry with Abernathy. He in turn just said this is what Martin would have wanted. The Romans of that time use Jesus as a political tool to maintain control in a fallen Kingdom. While I do agree that Jesus came in the position of a Messiah. We are looking at Jesus from the eyes of those that wanted to replace the Roman and Greeks Gods with Jesus. I know many people would be angry with me for mentioning these things. I ask you do you think less of Martin Luther King Jr. because of the facts concerning his life? The facts do not take anything away from the real Jesus on the contrary it helps all of us to establish a better relationship to this important Figure in History. If they would have done that history would had change, the Catholic church would have not been the power structure that it is today, the crusades, the witch hunting, the burning of heretics at the stake, etc. I often wonder how does Jesus feels when people talk about him without really knowing the real story. I know you guys are going to kill me, well my relationship to Jesus is personal and Jesus has played a major role in my life since my birth. So for me the things I have mention do not make Jesus a less important figure quite the opposite it strengthens my relationship and understanding of him. :thumb_yello::wub2::original:

truthseekerdan 02-23-2010 03:52 PM

My friends, let's all live by these words... :original:

Quote:

I use for my lips. . . truth

I use for my voice . . kindness

I use for my ears . . compassion

I use for my hands . . charity

I use for my figure . . uprightness

I use for my heart . . love

I use for any who do not like me . . prayer.

Love and Blessings to All,

Dan

greybeard 02-23-2010 04:26 PM

Deleted due to edit below

greybeard 02-23-2010 04:27 PM

[QUOTE=greybeard;242734]Yes aroundthetable we have moved some way from the original topic
Try as I will, I cant see a way that making God unfashionable would work.
I looked a the way the world is at the moment.
Hawkins said "Its not more freedom of speech, it freedom from speech we need ."
Think that sums up.
We have gone overboard to be politically correct.
So in these difficult times we need God more than ever.
On teacher said " Man rarely learns by gentle reminders"
We might be in for a very big reminder who exactly is Boss and created all that is.

With love
Chris

aroundthetable 02-23-2010 04:32 PM

Hey Dan did you get a chance to listen to that radio show, i put on a thread called Glenn Kimball visits Hell,

It does drive home that urgent need to wake up. oh he also visits heaven :thumb_yello:

truthseekerdan 02-23-2010 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aroundthetable (Post 242743)
Hey Dan did you get a chance to listen to that radio show, i put on a thread called Glenn Kimball visits Hell,

It does drive home that urgent need to wake up. oh he also visits heaven :thumb_yello:

Yes I did, was great listening to him even though did not quite agree with everything that was said. :lmfao:

aroundthetable 02-23-2010 05:14 PM

Glad you enjoyed Dan, what struck me was the way the experience humbled him so much that he just wanted to be a janitor at the gates of heaven, in the Vedas, great saints pray to become a speck of dust on the Lords feet.

truth and integrity 02-24-2010 12:37 AM

Before I asked why making God unfashionable never works, I had asked myself why 27 million people in US suffer from major depression, while others are tormented by anxiety disorders, addiction and many more. Why I could observe this blank and empty gaze on so many faces, faces devoid of any emotional expression. Why people are loosing their ability to think critically. Why there is so much suffering and pain. And my heart was broken. My quest led to mind control. I think I have found today a missing piece that put my doubts at rest. I have been watching a response of Dr. Lewis to Dr. G. Well, assistance professor of social science at MIU who does research on Transcendental Meditation and Unified Field Theory. Dr Well said: “The goals of TM and technology of Unified Field theory is to create human life according to its design and to restore to its potential…. to restore to human functioning what is being lost” He was talking about potential and happiness but his face was a mask with an empty and soulless eyes. Do I want to have that kind of happiness? Absolutely not. On contrary, Dr Lewis’s face was fully alive with vibrant and soulful eyes. His response is a quintessence of my search. Dr. Lewis said: “The tragic is that in the name of simple technique of relaxation and in the name of science, the American people and the people of all nations of the world are being sold a way of the occult which literally ask to remove and abandon himself from critical thinking, to give up conceptual though, science, history, doctrine, and Bible and live himself open to any influences which may come along. Literary, there is a possibility of demonic influence as Jesus warned many time and many scripture recorded. Loosing one’s intellectual and conceptual thinking and blowing one’s mind literally not on drugs but in meditation is a theory that reality is not conceptual but experienced with blank mind. God wants us to love him with whole heart, soul, strengths and mind”.

Our mind matters. To love God in spirit and in understanding.:original:

Love to you all

aroundthetable 02-24-2010 11:19 AM

Good Day to everyone :)

Truthandintegrity, wow, that was a brilliant post, thank you very much...no really, very excellent insight and well written. :thumb_yello:

greybeard 02-24-2010 12:03 PM

Thanks Truth and Integrity for the post and good morning to aroundthetable and all here.

Yes the lower astral, which is ego in extreme "EDGE GOD OUT", denies the sovereignty of God.
The demonic hates souls making spiritual progress and feels threatened by the progress being made by souls on the journey back home.
It pervades the media with shock horror negativity to bring out the worst in humans.
The average child by the age of fifteen has watched countless thousands of murders on tv.
The video games are full of blood, violence. It actually trains our youngsters to be killers.
Its almost as though we are being sold the lie that it is normal to kill anything we disagree with or fear.
People who say we are not influenced by what we see repeatedly are deluded and naive.
Think of the millions spent on advertising. Manufactures do it because it vat ly increase the volume of sales.

I dont even like to post what I am posting just now regarding demonic lower astral.
However it has to be said. "Beware of wolves in sheep's clothing" unfortunately the lower astral is very clever and seductive, Most are completely unaware and therefore unable to distinguish truth from falsehood.

Making God unfashionable is dangerous in the extreme.

I hope for, pray for. Christ consciousness to be with us soon and I believe this is in progress.
The energy being released in our solar system and observed by scientists may well be part of this, let us hope so.

With Love
Chris
Ps a pint Beren? Your round, ginger beer for me. :mfr_lol:

Frank Samuel 02-24-2010 06:04 PM

A lot of people today are into quick fixes which are advertise all over the place. Majority of people are walking around with a void inside , not knowing why they are so unhappy. Some people turn to psychiatric help this is pretty normal for children who have emotional disorders. The success rate is extremely low for these types of treatments , if you ever get a chance to visit a psychiatric ward is a pretty scary place. So since we are so much into artificial quick fixes to fill the void, we missed the point altogether. It is very simple to find peace and happiness within your life. The heart has been found to contain emotional memories which shape our character and our moods . So while you look everywhere to find ways to fill the void , the problem is not related to your intellect at all , it is a problem related to the heart which in turn is how we fill the void by connecting to God and drawing the inner strength that give our lives peace, tranquility and everlasting happiness . Prayer , meditation, self reflection, walks in nature, quiet time for self reflection are indeed powerful tools that create a heart to heart connection to God . :thumb_yello::original::wub2:

truthseekerdan 02-24-2010 08:50 PM

Below is an excerpt that I felt compelled to post on this Thread:

Quote:

That is the next level of spiritual awareness. Oh! My mother! All of a sudden you give up the ego, because you are not the only soul in the universe.

One of my questions to the light was, "What is heaven?"

I was given a tour of all the heavens that have been created: the Nirvanas, the Happy Hunting Grounds, all of them. I went through them. These are thought form creations that we have created. We don't really go to heaven; we are reprocessed. But whatever we created, we leave a part of ourselves there. It is real, but it is not all of the soul.

I saw the Christian heaven. We expect it to be a beautiful place, and you stand in front of the throne, worshipping forever. I tried it. It is boring! This is all we are going to do? It is childlike. I do not mean to offend anyone. Some heavens are very interesting, and some are very boring. I found the ancient ones to be more interesting, like the Native American ones, the Happy Hunting Grounds. The Egyptians have fantastic ones. It goes on and on. There are so many of them. In each of them there is a fractal that is your particular interpretation, unless you are part of the group soul that believes in only the God of a particular religion. Then you are very close, in the same ball park together. But even then, each is a little bit different. That is a part of yourself that you leave there. Death is about life, not about heaven.

I asked God, "What is the best religion on the planet? Which one is right?"

And Godhead said, with great love, "I don't care."

That was incredible grace. What that meant was that we are the caring beings here.

The Ultimate Godhead of all the stars tells us, "It does not matter what religion you are."

They come and they go, they change. Buddhism has not been here forever, Catholicism has not been here forever, and they are all about to become more enlightened. More light is coming into all systems now. There is going to be a reformation in spirituality that is going to be just as dramatic as the Protestant Reformation. There will be lots of people fighting about it, one religion against the next, believing that only they are right.

Everyone thinks they own God, the religions and philosophies, especially the religions, because they form big organizations around their philosophy. When Godhead said, "I don't care," I immediately understood that it is for us to care about. It is important, because we are the caring beings. It matters to us and that is where it is important. What you have is the energy equation in spirituality. Ultimate Godhead does not care if you are Protestant, Buddhist, or whatever. It is all a blooming facet of the whole. I wish that all religions would realize it and let each other be. It is not the end of each religion, but we are talking about the same God. Live and let live. Each has a different view. And it all adds up to the Big Picture; it is all important.

For the full read (recommended), visit this link:

http://www.near-death.com/experience...rnation04.html

I would like to credit also the thread on this forum that posted the above link:

http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20352

:thumb_yello:

~ Love & Light ~

Dan

beren 02-24-2010 08:52 PM

Making God unfashionable never works because everything that you can feel,smell,try,eat,touch,see and hear are made by him.

Therefore if you deny God, you deny yourself and reality around you.
Denial of God has almost ruined this planet.

In the form of liberalism and democracy ,politics and knowledge; people shook God from their lives and suffered badly.

That is like five year old kid suddenly say that its got no parents and that he or she can do all by him/her self.

What happens next?

The kid dies in the matter of hours or days.
Why can`t we realize that if God wished this second that ,say, take our atmosphere away because he removed laws and forces that our earth functions,we would perish instantly?

Why do people dare to be that stupid,evil and ignorant and claim vicious things about God and rest and in the very next second breathe the very air that God created and drink the coffee or tea or wine that is made from things in God`s Earth?

P.S.

If they make Guinness without alcohol ,you `re on Greybeard :naughty:
I like the real stuff :lol3:

greybeard 02-24-2010 10:40 PM

Truth seekerdan posted this
One of my questions to the light was, "What is heaven?"

I was given a tour of all the heavens that have been created: the Nirvanas, the Happy Hunting Grounds, all of them. I went through them. These are thought form creations that we have created. We don't really go to heaven; we are reprocessed. But whatever we created, we leave a part of ourselves there. It is real, but it is not all of the soul.

I asked God, "What is the best religion on the planet? Which one is right?"

And Godhead said, with great love, "I don't care."

That was incredible grace. What that meant was that we are the caring beings here.
End quote.

Hi Dan
Yes I believe heavens are thought form creations.
We may well be reprocessed.
One teacher told me that on the way back to earth the soul goes shopping for all that it needs for this earthly incarnation. Perhaps a past life identity, a personal ego, a share of the collective etc. I don't really buy that but who knows.

Krishna M well known for his long and in depth talks stopped in the middle of one and asked his audience "Do you really want to know my secret?" of course they did they had been coming to his talks for many years.
He said " I don't MIND what happens" MIND being the important part. Ie He didn't think about it just accepted.

God doesn't mind either. LOVE just Loves.

Chris

beren 02-25-2010 12:07 AM

Read this very carefully:

1 Corinthians 13
Love
1.If I speak in the tongues[a] of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2.If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3.If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames,[b] but have not love, I gain nothing.

4.Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5.It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6.Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7.It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8.Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9.For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10.but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11.When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12.Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13.And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

greybeard 02-25-2010 02:50 AM

Hi Beren
Guess the guiness is on me.
I love your statement
"Love love and then see what happens"
What else is needed?

Dr Hawkins says.
"Be Kind to all life including your own no matter what".

With love appreciation and respect.
Chris
Ps every night, day one day at a time, I put my head on the pillow sober with gratitude to that which saved my human life.

In essence AA says (and its all a sugestion) "Surender to God or die" No where is that written but thats the truth of it, as I see it...........

Tell millions of sober AA members that God is unfashionable and see what happens.!!!

Off to bed happy.

Ch

truthseekerdan 02-25-2010 06:38 AM

What is truth and how/where can we find it?

What makes something true? Every single one of us has their own opinions and ideas, and they are all valid because we are all unique drops in this infinite ocean of divine intelligence. The time for ignorance is over and we are are all being called to wake up from much of what has kept us in the dark.

But, we've all been told different things about truth, especially through religions and their doctrines. Many of us are afraid to question these "beliefs" because we fear moving away from our comfort zone or what others might think. But whatever the excuses are, we need to realize that it is just ego and we need to transcend this aspect of ourselves to move towards our higher being and our true selves--more than just the physical body and egoic mind and reach for our true potential.

I, for one, am excited to be living in a time when masses of people are expressing freedom of thought, that was previously wasted on dogma and mental boxes; set up by those who had hidden agenda's. Speaking from a Christian background I know that the fear based religions would rather prevent the true knowledge and wisdom from seeping into the minds of the people. They encourage a closed mind to remain in power and distorted and manipulated many truths. They also don't encourage opening your mind to any outside knowledge or anything that might liberate you from the fear based paradigm.

It was very empowering for me to finally realize that I didn't have to serve my "religious" beliefs but rather have my beliefs serve me. I could choose what my higher self was guiding me to believe based on love rather than fear or the ego-identity. Many of us are now realizing that our "faith" or the fear based beliefs that we were conditioned to believe, that what our parents and their parents were conditioned to believe were not assisting us into evolving to a higher level of consciousness. What a perfect way to transcend it, by growing up within such an environment and moving beyond it, to become more of who we really are?

I know for me, the path to opening my mind was subtle but I know what I resonated with and what I didn't even as a child. If ego had any part to play in the teaching or book I was came across, I would feel the tension and the fear and knew that it wasn't my truth, even though it was conflicting for me. I now see that human made truth is just that, not divine truth. Divine truth never changes but man made dogma and creeds always have, always to suit those most craving power and money and control.

I know one thing for certain, a true religion or set of beliefs should not hide knowledge that has the potential to set you free. But those who have the power won't give you that knowledge. We are moving to the point where we have to see how we are all connected as one Humanity and not get pulled away from knowing we are all in this evolutionary journey together. Therefore we must embrace everyone, regardless of any difference in faith, color, political standing, nationality, etc.

It does require courage to break away from limiting beliefs and the barriers that prevent us from reaching our full potential but the rewards are so worth it. When we realize that the truth is within our hearts we will never give our power away to anyone ever again. The reward is the joy of freedom to be who you were created to be. Our inner guidance can never lead us astray if we focus on taking full responsibility for ourselves -100% of the time and remain centered in our integrity to follow our higher self. Their are great websites and books that your higher self will guide you to find when you are ready.

So as our wayshower, Jesus said, "the key of knowledge is within", inside one's feeling body. Innocent ignorance is no longer an option when quantum physics has proven what the mystics have said for thousands of years. One thing is for sure, you won't find the whole truth in religions, governments, media or any other institution owned by those few who possess all the money and power. The goal was to keep you ignorant but it wasn't meant to last forever. We can claim our abdication with courage and will, the will that comes from our higher self that is always leading us out of the untruth.

Ask yourselves these questions about any of your beliefs:

1. Where did the belief originate?

2. Why do I believe it?

3. What do I feel when I think about not believing it?

4. Is fear part of this belief?

5. Does the belief serve my sense of inner peace or is it serving someone or something else?

When you ask these five questions of all your beliefs, then you realize that 99.99% of what you have confidence in, including what you claim to be your spiritual knowing can be traced to someone's need to control and/or be right.
:original:

~ Love & Light ~