Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE)

Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) (http://projectavalon.net/forum/index.php)
-   SOUTH KOREA (http://projectavalon.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Project Cameloter in South Korea (http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1566)

TheShepard 09-12-2008 08:30 AM

Project Cameloter in South Korea

Just wanted to offer myself to anyone in South Korea. I am located in the middle of the country (Cheongju) and work for the Air Force Academy. You may contact me here or through my email.

Argumentum.ad.populum@gmail.com

Best regards to all everywhere. What an exciting time to be alive. Let's work together.

Brandon Cates

rustanddust 09-12-2008 02:37 PM

Re: Project Cameloter in South Korea

edit

mbowie361 09-18-2008 03:27 AM

Hi, I live in South Korea now as a Teacher, though I am living in Seoul at the moment. I thought I would send you an email and maybe we could get in touch and talk about what is going on.

Michael Bowen

TheShepard 09-18-2008 06:35 AM

To Rustanddust...

Everything is fine right now but I think we are going to see some large shifts by year end. Im not too familiar with the "main street" because I can't communicate with everyday citizens because of the language barrier. Right now just wanted to make a quick post to anyone living in SK so that they would know other like minded/concerned people exist here as well.

Have fun in NJ
B

IndigoPhoenix 09-19-2008 03:05 PM

I'm in Busan , teaching..i was wondering if there were some kind of way to get the message of whats really happening in the world to the koreans..i cant read or write in hangul so my hands are bound on this one.

Im ready for duty, lets get some work done and get stuff figured out.

:trumpet:

Rocky_Shorz 09-19-2008 11:22 PM

are you hearing much about North Korea re=opening it's Nuclear processing facility?

IndigoPhoenix 09-20-2008 01:26 AM

personally i am not hearing much about north korea's nuclear reactors, all i have heard is that they r doing it because the US and its allies have broken some deals in what was agreed to by them..which im not surprised...i'll look around for more info..keep in mind most foreigners in SK cant speak or read the language so we use oythersources..there r english news papers but i'm not really sure where to find them.

Jeremiad 09-21-2008 01:05 PM

Hey guys,

Like you I am in South Korea teaching as well. I'm right outside of Seoul in Bundang. Maybe we should all try to organize a get together here soon, seeing as how it looks like we've got some rough waters ahead.

Anybody up for a meeting?

IndigoPhoenix 09-22-2008 10:28 AM

yah im up for meeting..we should decide when and where. i'll get back in touch and let you know when is good for me. i need to have my g/f w/ me anywhere cuz im not abandoning her to the storm. peace

Jeremiad 09-22-2008 01:42 PM

Oh certainly. In fact, I imagine the more people we have the better (well.. you know, to a point). What, there seems to be like... four of us here? Depending on how things go, that might not be the best number for survival purposes.

Then again, I've never survived a cataclysmic event, so what the hell do I know?

Anyway, if anyone's down for a weekend coming up here, that's totally cool with me. Maybe this weekend or next. I have a feeling things might be getting hectic pretty quick.

Wherever we meet, it'd probably be good to do it during the day, you know, so everyone has access to the subways.

Shepard, you said you were somewhere in the middle of the country? How far away from Seoul is that? I know the buslines here are pretty good, so I'm wondering how long it might take to travel between the two.

So you guys let me know what's good for you, and we'll see if we can get something together.

- J

P.S. Do you guys have Skype? It may be easier as well to just set up some conferences too.

IndigoPhoenix 09-25-2008 12:33 PM

maybe our best bet is to find a buddhist temple in Kangwon-do province..i have been looking on google earth and there is a little town or something called Habajae, there in Kangwondo. plenty of wilderness there..its far enough away from the coast and in the mountains..i think we would be rather safe there, hopefully we can find a buddhist temple there that will take us in. ..at the very least maybe a farming village..the alternative is roughing it in the woods..which doesnt bother me really but we will have to make it through the winter and spring..if you can find a big amount of dried fish/squid, nuts, dried veggies, get a 90 day supply and through it in a duffle bag ..mean while get warm camo clothes, a good knife, and a blanket....remember if the military cant see us, the better off we will be...the big winter is upon us. also if you can find a way to get to Habaejae, then i'd take it. If you have better ideas let me know. thats what i got...peace

Jeremiad 09-25-2008 02:16 PM

I love how it seems like we're all spread out over Korea. It's like there are four of us here, each at the four different corners of the country.

But I like your idea Indigo. I think a Buddhist temple in a small village in the mountains would be the ideal place. The counter teachers at my Hagwon are really helpful, so I'll ask some of them about some sites that are in the interior of the country.

Also, I looked for the town your were talking about on Google Maps (lame Google Earth stopped working for my version of OS X), and I couldn't find it. I looked for the Kangwon-do province, but it told me that it was in North Korea, and I'm just going to go ahead and say that's probably not where we want to go =P

Anyway, I'll do some more research and get back to ya'll. I'm not too sure how we'd get there, so that'll be something I'll have to ask the other teachers at the school.

IndigoPhoenix 09-26-2008 11:24 AM

hmm thats weird, perhaps you should use google earth then.. u can download it for free. i think its much better than using the search engines cuz..well, its right there as a really sweet interactive map basically....plus the spelling that im using comes from google earth so maybe that is where the problems might be stemming from, cuz the spelling of these places might be different in the search engines compared to google earth...anyways, yah i think buddhist temples r prolly our best bet..high spiritual vibrations and a good, solid community mentality dedicated to helping humanity...language barriers can be dealt with after we get there...as long as we make ourselves useful i think there would be no problem for them to accept us in. anyways keep the search going, i'll be posting links this weekend of stuff that i find.

your right..it is rather interesting that the 4 of us r scattered on 4 completly different areas of korea..luckly we can still meet rather easily..its not like ur in canada and im in mexico or anything, haha..that would be interesting

anyways, im getting survival gear this weekend..if you have any savings i suggest you do the same. remember, camo is ur friend..particularly multi cam..try to get winter stuff, good knives, etc. we might be roughing it in the woods for a while , in which case we would need to build shelters from fallen timber and leaves....we need to at least get past the winter and early spring hump...so dried fish, nuts and dried veggies r ur friends too..90's worth in a duffle bag might do the trick...in any case it will be slim pick'ns either way until we find the right temple/monastary.

peace

Jeremiad 09-26-2008 05:38 PM

Hey, did you guys see this in the news forum?

http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=3464

Here I was thinking we'd be safe from the major stuff going down in the US, but it looks like it's hitting our backyards sooner than expected.

Unfortunately, I just got to South Korea at the end of August, and I won't get paid until the 10th of October (3 days after the supposed 'event'). I am buying some important gear this weekend however, so I'll see how much I can scrounge together with my advance.

Damn, I have to admit, I didn't expect things to be hitting the fan so close to my little get away. I'm going shopping today (Saturday) to get my junk together, because this weekend and next might be out last to get ourselves ready.

If you find a temple that seems to fit what we need, it'd be awesome if you could post the coordinates. I can't use Google Earth because I have OS X 3.9 which Google Earth stopped supporting about April of this year (arg!) but I did of course bring with me a bunch of paper maps I'll be able to lug around in my backpack. So, if I can get the general location, I'll be able to pinpoint it in case of a sudden need to flee the city.

Hopefully these things don't come to pass, but if they do... I'll be seeing you guys in another world.

TheShepard 09-28-2008 03:51 AM

Meeting arrangement

Hey guys,

Ive spoken with Mike Bowen (up in seoul) and we were thinking about getting together for a meeting around the 11th of october up in seoul. I think by now we have about 4-5 of us and it would be beneficial for us all to get together around this time. Im only 2 hours from seoul and could meet anywhere convenient....someplace equidistant for everyone up there would be best. I know indigo you are down in pusan so that's kind of a pain for you but let's see if we can work it out. This weekend unfortunately im gonna be in gangwon-do with the g/f so it will have to be the week after. I have spoken with Mike who owns a bar up in seoul and we were talking about making some flyers and posting them around the bar with our contact info on it for anyone open minded to this information. So for now let's plan on October 11th saturday...let me know if you have any problems with that date.

take care all of you...see you soon
B

IndigoPhoenix 09-28-2008 01:45 PM

Shep

yah i'll see what i can do to get to seoul on saturday..like you , i spend a lot of time with my girlfriend..so i'll see what our plans r..i'll talk to her and tell her that we need to meet up with you guys as soon as possible.

Whats it like in gangwon-do? we have been talking about retreating there when the time comes..do you know of any buddhist temples/monastaries there?

I have been looking at the taebaek mountain range as a good place to hide, can you confirm this with your connections to the military?..we can use a mountain called Seoraksan as a point of reference as well as a city called Sokcho too.

Jerimiad,

see what you can get, act fast..and hmm another world..yah thats one thing to think about.

Jeremiad 09-28-2008 02:29 PM

Hey guys,

I'm totally down for October 11th in Seoul. I'm not sure where your buddy David is, but Itaewon is sort of a hub for foreigners, so that might be a good place. I'm in Bundang, which is about a 30 min bus trip from Itaewon, to the South East, so if that works for ya'll we can meet at the subway station at the Itaewon exit.

Anyway, I'll keep that date open and I'm down to meet up at that time.

Catch ya'll on the flip side.

IndigoPhoenix 09-29-2008 02:20 AM

is that the exit in front of the hamilton hotel? i used to live in that area..i lived in Haebongchon by Noksapyeong station. anyways, im not sure if i can make it or not..im still trying to get stuff together ..if i cant make it then have the meeting w.out me and please fill me in on the details here. anyways..i hope everyone is getting ready cuz we r abut an inch away from the world coming unglued....but on the bright side.. we wont have to be wage slaves anymore lol..good thing this is all a dream and the universe is holographic.

mbowie361 09-30-2008 10:35 AM

Oct 11th works with me, which is going to be the second Saturday of Oct. My bar is located in Sinchon Station near Yonsei University. The name of the Bar is called Mike's Cabin, it's usually pretty busy on the weekends and it's quite noisy, so I wouldn't suggest it for a sit down and have a conversation type of place. I think Itaewon is ok with me, whatever that is more central for everyone. I know one of you is in Busan, which is about Four hour trip if you include the 3hr KTX to Seoul Station, and from there another 30min Subway ride to Itaewon.

From Bundang it's like about hour and a half or so...

Some of the things I thought we could talk about was;

1)Suggested locations for worst of the worst situations

2)How can we gather together to that location(s) incase of internet/cellphone disconnection...and what do we need to prepare...

3)What can and should we do to wake others up

I know there are a lot of things in people's mind, I have been living in Korea for past 5 years or so, though I can write some Korean, I can't say I am fluent, and certainly probably not enough to get these "conspiracy" theories across the general public, though I do know few who can.

Something to think about before we meet...

I don't have a cellphone, but my home number is 02-6408-9603, feel free to give me a call.

Email me at Mbowie361@hotmail.com

Cheers

lile_lu 09-30-2008 11:27 AM

Hello everyone!

I moved to Korea in November from the US thinking it would be safer here. I teach and live in Gwangju (Sw area) and noticed the chemtrail spraying immediately. My first reaction was to warn everyone, but that is difficult w/ the language barrier. On a particularly heavy spraying day, I stood on a busy sidewalk and pointed to the sky. People looked up, not sure what they thought.

Anyway, I joined this forum after reading this post and would like to contribute. I'm on Skpe (lile_lu) and very resourceful when it comes down to it.

peace

Jeremiad 09-30-2008 04:46 PM

Hey guys and gals,

So because it looks like we might not be able to communicate on this forum anymore (subscription thing), I've put together a mailing list with everyone's email that I've got. I've got Mike's (mbowie), Brandon's (Shepard) and Phoenix's (sorry man, haven't gotten your real name yet, I looked though =P).

Mine is jeremyschulze@yahoo.com

Lile, I looked for you on Skype but wasn't able to find you. If you type in jeremiad22 or Jeremy Schulze you might be able to find me, and if you want to send me an email I'll add you to the list.

Hey Mike, I've only been here about a month, so you might know of a better place for us to sit down and have ourselves a good long talk. If Itaewon work's for ya'll it works for me (though I have to admit Mike, having your own bar is sweet, it could be like our secret HQ =P).

I've only been there twice so I haven't really gotten a chance to scope out good meeting places, so if any of ya'll know of a good place I'm down for where ever.

I'll send everyone on my list an email with everyone else's email. I just got my ARC and I'm waiting on my first paycheck before I get my phone (on the 10th... three days after HPH's big event... awesome).

I'll be thinking about those things you suggested Mike, and hopefully come next Saturday we'll all have some good ideas to toss around.

Catch you guys later,

- Jeremy

ideagoras 10-01-2008 08:02 PM

Hello.

I write to share my views. My cut on this thing is that we (in Korea) will have a lot more time to get ready than some of you may think. I do not recommend that you rush out to some mountain or mountainous monk retreat in Korea and try to do the Les Stroud thing--believe me it is extremely cold in the winters here and the wind chill factor alone will make you wish you were back at the warm hakgwon. I think you will be more than safe in your apartments through the winter if not through til next spring. I predict at least 6 months before things start to kick in from whatever happens in the US (Korea has $220b to $250b in foreign reserves to use over this period to stabilize the local markets). And even then, I just do not see things getting that bad in Korea a la some nightmare scenario as wrought in recent Hollywood disaster flicks.

Korea/Asia will obviously be affected by the coming US dollar/economic collapse but my take on it is that it will be far less damaging/in your face than what it may be in the US.

Most Asian economies have fairly high national savings rates (Korea, Japan roughly 30%, China is up to 50% of GDP) maintained for years/ decades. Korea also has the benefit of having gone through a major economic crisis back in 1997 and the country/people has learned how to survive (the psychological factor is key here). Koreans in general during national emergencies, disasters know how to work together, cooperate, and help one another (with each other and foreigners alike) as was the case in the 1997 crisis.

I do not believe that the dollar/US economy/OTC derivatives crash (if and when it happens) will take down all the functioning economies in Asia (for too long anyways). It will take down the existing financial system based on dollar hegemony and it will take down any debtor nation. But for many of the economies in Asia, they have everything in place to be able to recover and recover quickly.

There are 3.2 billion people in the Asia-Pacific region. Not only is it the most populous and fastest growing region in the world, I believe its importance to the world will only be clearer after the dollar system collapses.

I think on the whole, Korea is not too bad of a place to be for now--it is a creditor nation, it's a democracy (& very friendly to English speakers), it has been through the 97 crisis, and it will continue to trade robustly with other economies regardless of the financial fallout in the West.

In truth, I think we will be fine here. My concern and prayers are for those ordinary people in America who have struggled to make ends meet and put food on the table for their families who may end up suffering even more as a result.

IndigoPhoenix 10-02-2008 05:21 AM

well i hope you are right but im not taking any chances...i boughta whole mess of survival gear and i have been researching how to build various styles of debris huts, trapping wild animals for food, etc. right now im storing up noodles, beans, dried fish, dried sea weed and the like ..i hope everyone can do the same. true i think we got more time than the folks in the states but lets keep in mind the globalists r striving to bring down everyone...anyways. Im well aware of the brutal winters thats why i bought plenty of warm clothes ..granted the winters r intense i think with some creativity and a strong will..we can not only keep ourselves alive but thrive. i'll try to make it up to seoul but i cant promise anything..i will try..if you guys meet please post what you talk about and the conclusions you have come to. In the meantime. peace.

Phoenix

PS. My real name is Brandon also

lile_lu 10-02-2008 06:21 PM

Hey Jeremy/others

my skype handle is:

lile_lu

I am freaking right now...just read this post:

http://projectavalon.net/forum/showt...ighlight=korea

What does everyone think?

Jeremiad 10-03-2008 11:10 AM

Yeah I read that. I'm curious what this new deal with South Korea means. Oh, I found you on Skype by the way.

So here's the thing, while I'm sure things will be safer in South Korea than they are with the US, I'm guessing that many of us here are from the US, with many friends and family back home. Also, I know South Korea's currency is very much tied to the US dollar. Now, maybe these new deals will help distance the won from the dollar, but I read today in the Korean Time that apparently the won is doing the worst out of Asians top ten currencies.

Either way, I think we'll have to wait and see what happens. I've been following the Half Past Human dudes like it's my job lately, and with this recent announcement, I'm going to guess that on October 7th, there will be a bank holiday that will shut down the entire banking system for a week (I'm thinking just the US). This will cause a major panic as people will be very angry they can't get their money. I think this is what the HPH guys were talking about when they said it was going to be a economic thing. Then on the 15th is when they talked about a military misunderstanding....

I'm not going to guess what happens on the 15th, but for right now, I'm betting the Oct. 7th event will be a bank holiday.

Time will tell...

- J