Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE)

Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) (http://projectavalon.net/forum/index.php)
-   Australia and New Zealand (http://projectavalon.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Australian Ground Crew Members? (http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=569)

vesta 10-05-2008 10:15 PM

Re: Australian Ground Crew Members?

Brinty,

thanks for the book suggestions, the 'Worlds in Collision' sounds vaguely familiar to me....not sure why though perhaps I've read it many yrs ago as well???

I have an interest in tectonic plates and earth movements, again I think it comes down to the fire elementals that are around with all that friction creating sparks :winksmiley02: The kids and I rode out a biggish 5.? in Te Anau in January, when we were over visiting some rellies and they were greatful to have been on land to feel it rather than on the lake at the time!
We also felt some bump & grind a few yrs back in San Fran and my husband has been in Rabaul for an 8.0 and as a family were in Newcastle for the 5.5 - I guess you could say we like to shake, rattle and roll!!!:wink2:

The GDR is the result of volcanic activity many aeon ago and is dotted with cave systems along it's length. Makes for some interesting camping trips!

Blessings,

Vesta.

Brinty 10-06-2008 12:24 AM

Tectonic plates and pole shift are the topics of Charles Hapgood's "Path of the Pole" one of his many interesting books. You would find it a gripping read vesta. It has a foreword by Albert Einstein who thought Hapgood's theories were "electrifying."

Buruso 10-06-2008 05:36 AM

Hi Brinty, I'm from Tauranga too, I came to Brissy in the early eighties. I always thought that White Island had the chance of blowing up one day, I've been looking for possible causes of disaster sized tsunamis for the west coast of Australia, previously i considered how much affect a California earthquake would have on Brisbane, i think it would have to be massive to generate enough swell to pass both Morton and stradbroke, maybe we would experience a 5 to 10 mtr tidal surge. On the other hand if White island blew up on a smaller scale because it's facing away from us nothing would happen but on a scale large enough to split the north island in 2 the would cause a few problems along the coast, so a plauseable theory is that a California earthquake could cause a wave large enough to put water into the crater of white island which in turn could have the capacity to split the North Island. Does any body know how water in the crater would generate enough energy to split the island in two. (any links to websites would be great)

Brinty 10-06-2008 06:19 AM

It's not so much the height of a tidal surge or tsunami that is the thing that causes the damage, but the wavelength from trough to trough. Imagine a swell that is say, 5 metres high with a distance of 100 metres between troughs. For ease of explanation, and using a mathematical formula, picture this swell as a triangle 100 metres at the base and 5 metres to the top. You would finish up with an amount of water that would be contained in a rectangle 50 meters by 5 metres or, put another way, 250 cubic metres of water for every metre of the wave's width.

A cubic metre of seawater weighs over a tonne so if a wave was of the dimensions mentioned above, there would be the pressure of 250 tonnes pouring onto the east coast for every metre width. Increase the wavelength by tenfold to 1 kilometre and the weight of water would also be multiplied ten times to 2500 tonnes per metre width.

Scary eh? But we've left one other factor out of the scenario - the speed the wave is travelling at. If it were travelling at say, 100 kph, can you imagine the effect it would have? How far inland it would travel? Think on it this way - there is a mass of water weighing 2500 tonnes traveling at 100kph and it is 500 metres long.

If you still have difficulty with that picture, then imagine a runaway train that is 500 metres long consisting of a string of carriages five metres high and filled with water, travelling at 100kph. Now imagine a wall of these runaway trains, side by side for as far as the eye can see.

If it weren't for The Great Dividing Range, I reckon Alice Springs could get a tad damp.

vesta 10-06-2008 08:17 AM

Hi Brinty,

it seems I have several books to add to my ever-expanding library.......what to do??? LOL I share them around with like-minded souls of course! :naughty:

Throwing cold seawater into a pressure cooker like the caldera of White island could theoretically set off a chain reaction in the Nth Islands lava system and is certainly not something I would like to see occur.

I am also keen to see how the volcanic system matches up with the earths ley line grid - just to see if there's any correlation!

Blessings,

Vesta.

nOslaves 10-07-2008 01:47 AM

nOslaves

nOslaves 10-07-2008 02:09 AM

Hi all, just a little intro on this thread
I have sensed a crash coming for about 2 years and sold my house and got out of dept, i thought it was going to be another year before any kind of crash, but here we are its on our door step. I stumbled across Bill and Kerry earlier this year when a back problem laid me up for about 3 months. I basically spent 3 solid months educating myself on the many layers of control we hand our power over to. I mean "we" as a collective. dont take that personally:thumb_yello:
I feel as though i have been through every kind of emotion possible in discovering a bigger picture in how the world is operating. I dont think i need to name them.
Right now i am feeling ok about it all, all though a little anxious.
I have many building, gardening, martial arts, fishing, hunting skills, so maybe these will come in handy.

Peace to all
nOslaves

firefly 10-08-2008 04:11 AM

Hi! nOslaves, Yes I too have been feeling that the crash is coming and have done for some time, can't believe its almost here. I tried to tell my friends 10 years ago about the nwo before I moved to Binna Burra. They thought I was crazy, so I never discussed it with them again and in the meantime so many more people are now aware of it. Of course you know that the illuminati are behind this economic slide into oblivion. They are pure evil and worship lucifer and they think they own this planet. Youtube have a series called 'The Arrivals' although its long about 42 episodes, if you get a chance to watch it, its mindboggling, however, you have to have an open mind.

firefly

vesta 10-08-2008 08:52 PM

Re: Australian Ground Crew Members? AUSD falling fast!!!

Good morning all,

have woken up this morning to see our AUSD has hit 0.66 against the USD overnight.......... as I mentioned to Pabs last night a friend of mine in the banking industry told me yesterday he only crawled out from his foetal position under the desk to attend an emergency mtg late yesterday afternoon. We are about to be hit and hard for our reserve bank sticking it's neck out to offer respite to the Aussie population. Not good folks!

Love, light and blessings to us all,

Vesta.

Tez 10-08-2008 09:55 PM

Re: Australian Ground Crew Members? AUSD falling fast!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vesta (Post 44394)
Good morning all,

have woken up this morning to see our AUSD has hit 0.66 against the USD overnight......... We are about to be hit and hard for our reserve bank sticking it's neck out to offer respite to the Aussie population. Not good folks!

Love, light and blessings to us all,

Vesta.

Yes Vesta, i was listening to the ABC Radio news until late last night, and hearing how the Au$ fell drastically, then climb back a few cents late last night. Just to think a few months ago we had climbed to over 90 cents..............
Not a good time ahead for quite a long time............

Tez

Brinty 10-08-2008 10:38 PM

Reading through this thread, there are a couple of things that caught my eye. The first was a suggestion that 300m altitude might not be high enough. The second was the concept of going underground. It occured to me that burying a shipping container or two isn't a silly idea provided you were above 300m. It further occured to me that getting said containers above that altitude would take a fair amount of tugging and pushing after which you would then have to dig a hole to drop them into. Dunno about anyone else, but I'd be bloody knackered by then! :sweatdrop::sweatdrop::bleh:

Darcman 10-08-2008 11:08 PM

Hi folks
Ive noticed a few of you are appearing from the northern rivers district. you may be interested in this link http://www.coalitionforhumanity.com/index.htm seems to be a Byron crew forming outside of projectAvalon

Firefly did you check my post about google earthing canberrra and look for the eye of the pyramid at capital hill, am curious of your thoughts?

Take care all
Darc
Also i urge those interested in money to see the new Zeitgeist Addendum at http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/ very pertinent to the current state of econimic's:lightsabre:

other alternative solutions... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQXGz...eature=related

Tez 10-09-2008 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darcman (Post 44576)
Hi folks
Ive noticed a few of you are appearing from the northern rivers district. you may be interested in this link http://www.coalitionforhumanity.com/index.htm seems to be a Byron crew forming outside of projectAvalon

Couldnt access it from that URL, but could from http://coalitionforhumanity.com/, thanks Darcman for the link

Tez

firefly 10-09-2008 04:23 AM

Sorry Darcman, will have to check it out Fri. and let you know. And yes am aware of the Coalition for Humanity, but thank you.

Friendship and Love
firefly

Tez 10-09-2008 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darcman (Post 44576)
Hi folks
Ive noticed a few of you are appearing from the northern rivers district. ..........
Darc

Yes, i have been having some good email exchanges and a phone exchange with Firefly recently, great to have a relatively close by member to chat to
Tez

vesta 10-09-2008 08:35 AM

Hi all,

glad to see the nthn rivers region is really starting to form up for another GC......do any of you others besides Tez think you might be able to make it to the MB&S meet up on Nov 8 in Sydney?

Blessings to all,

Vesta.

PS My friend has resumed his position beneath his desk decrying this as a groundhog day.........:thumbdown:

vesta 10-11-2008 04:02 AM

Bump,

hope you're all OK out there and staying safe and well into your preparations - which would explain why we're all a bit quite on the threads at the moment.........

Bill & Kerry,

if you're still here in Oz does that mean you'll be around to attend/speak at the Mind, Body & Spirit Festival in Sydney during early Nov???

Blessing to all,

Vesta

vesta 10-11-2008 05:11 AM

Hi again all,

just while I think of it the question was raised during discusion between Manda, Misfit, Pablo and myself last w/e as to the availability of native bushfoods.

I was wondering if perhaps the different regions GC's could look into this and perhaps post what was readily accessed in their area for others that may consider the area for relocation or transition through and be needing to supplement their food sources?

Love and light,

Vesta.

Tez 10-11-2008 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vesta (Post 47116)
............Bill & Kerry,

if you're still here in Oz does that mean you'll be around to attend/speak at the Mind, Body & Spirit Festival in Sydney during early Nov???

Blessing to all,

Vesta

Now that would be great, wouldn't it. BUT the MBS is still a few weeks away

Quote:

Originally Posted by vesta;
....I was wondering if perhaps the different regions GC's could look into this and perhaps post what was readily accessed in their area for others that may consider the area for relocation or transition through and be needing to supplement their food sources?

I am trying to get info from the local aboriginal corp as i had heard they previously held bushfood information talks, i had already obtained a booklet they have as a guide for indigenous communities called "Starting a Herb or Bush Tucker Business" which has some interesting information in it.
On the back it states that "This Document is available as a PDF on www.nrrdb.com.au" Click Here

:original:

vesta 10-11-2008 11:09 PM

Hi Tez,

you're right about the timing but I was hoping that Bill & Kerry might be sniffing around a few good stories on this great sthn land 'cause there's plenty of that here and would give them the opportunity to broaden their reports to increase news of the sthn hemisphere - a girl's gotta dream about something besides shoes right??? :mfr_lol: Seriously though, I believe that there are groups of ppl that have 'retired' to certain areas around this great land who for a few hrs of your time and a few drinks will more than happily share their information and it is just as relevant today and into the future as it was a few yrs ago when they were still working........ our whistle blowers are a bit more laid-back and wait for ppl to ask the questions rather than coming forward saying I need to tell someone!:wink2:

Thanks for the food link, I think it's really important for us all to have that sort of knowledge to hand, because should we need to move from our now current area of residence I am certain the time of yr and food availability will influence our decisions as to how/where we travel........ so this is a call out to other GC's around the country for similar information to share amongst us all.

Blessings to all,

Vesta.

wags 10-11-2008 11:30 PM

Any idea’s of how we can still communicate should this site be closed, or indeed if, the net goes down.
Wags.

Tez 10-12-2008 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wags (Post 47866)
Any idea’s of how we can still communicate should this site be closed, or indeed if, the net goes down.
Wags.

My thoughts on this are based on, mainly because Oz, and indeed all of its individual states are so large, that trying to get the word out to many in all areas so that all can have access to a "local" GC area, and each local area can also interact as one if possible due to extremes of distance.

Making contact and exchanges of contact information, as necessary.
Just like the October and November meeting already arranged if possible and to be able to build on community from there.

Biggest problem at this stage is that many are so widely dispersed that regular contact/meeting may be virtually impossible, but at least if we are able to maintain a list of each of out contacts that we are able to establish, if the 'net goes down we may still have phone contact or some other arranged method of keeping that contact..............
As an example, my closest contacts from here, timewise by road, are 2, 3, 3-1/2, and 5 hours away.

Would like to hear a few thoughts on this as well...........

Cheers, Tez

vesta 10-12-2008 03:54 AM

Hi Tez, Wags and all GC's,

I think this is so important and why we all need to be able to make that initial contact with others in our 'immediate vicinities' and also build contact's within other regions as well........... if it all goes down and we have to rely on some really old-fashioned methods of comm's and movement then it would be nice to have an already established network on whom we could :

(a) rely &
(b) have trust in

For myself, I have started by using a map of this country and drawing concentric, radiating rings around my current location. I am then populating information onto this map about which GC member's are in those areas and what food/water/shelter is available. I have also been annotating mileage by road and appx times expected to take to reach said areas under duress - we need to be real about the fact that there may be roads that are blocked, (like when the equine flu outbreak occurred and tptb prevented travel to/from certain parts of the state........). I have made my map purchases those of topographical maps as these also indicate far more accurately the rise and fall of the land, just because on a flat map it looks the shortest route doesn't mean you can use it - unless you've got abseiling equipoment in your backpack.........:naughty:

That is the sort of thing and more that I wish to discuss with you all when we do catch up.

Blessings,

Vesta.

vesta 10-12-2008 05:18 AM

Re: Australian Ground Crew Members? Finance Special on Ch. 7 tonight!!!

Hi all,

this has been getting advertised on Channel 7 this afternoon and don't know how many of you are aware of this "special programming", here's the link:

Minding Your Money - Seven News Special
(30)6:30pm - 7:00pm

6:30pm - 7:00pm | Seven Business and Finance, Closed Captions
David Koch presents an exclusive Seven News Special on minding your money during this time of economic crisis.
Record to TiVo

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/tv-guide/?hou...n=10&year=2008

Don't know how much detail will be in it or the exact content but should be informative for we Aussies at least on were things are currently at and what will happen in appx 16 hrs time when and if the markets open for trade!

Blessings,

Vesta.

vesta 10-12-2008 05:29 AM

Re: Australian Ground Crew Members? More $$$ and non-cents!

Hi all,

here's another link to a ninemsn article from less than 20 mins ago by our PM stating 'Prime Minister Kevin Rudd announced the government would guarantee all deposits being held in Australian financial institutions for the next three years'.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=645728

I guess it's really important for all of us to stay informed about our $$$ and what the fallout will be for all of us 'cause I don't think tomorrow is going to very pretty - kinda like Friday ....

For NSW GC member's here's another link, looks like we're about to start paying our dues, expect the already eroded state services to decline further......

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=645735

Blessings,

Vesta.