Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE)

Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) (http://projectavalon.net/forum/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (http://projectavalon.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Sex robot Roxxy (http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19118)

burgundia 01-11-2010 08:17 AM

Sex robot Roxxy

http://www.crunchgear.com/2010/01/09...-robot-roxxxy/

sjkted 01-11-2010 08:35 AM

Re: Sex robot Roxxy

First robot pets, now this. There's just no limit to the delusions that we can create for ourselves.

--sjkted

dAkapacity 01-11-2010 08:44 AM

Don't know what to think about it... ::shocked: or :wall: or :tears: or :mfr_lol:
Maybe all of the above...

It fits right in with the human degradation of the senses. All tricks to keep us numb, docile... Intentionally? Don't know... the effect is the same!

sjkted 01-11-2010 08:50 AM

I see it as people not being happy with reality, so they try to create an alternative virtual reality that has everything they can't get in the outside world.

--sjkted

dAkapacity 01-11-2010 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjkted (Post 220296)
I see it as people not being happy with reality, so they try to create an alternative virtual reality that has everything they can't get in the outside world.

--sjkted

I agree, but it goes both ways. If the ptw(b) don't want you to know who you really are (which they've set the blueprint for with the help of...) and you fell for it (as humanity has fallen for it), you'll live in this human degradated reality, a lower reality that creates unhappy people (don't get me wrong by interpreting lower reality as an opposite of higher/better reality... there's no value added here... imo they're just different dimensional playgrounds)... it perpetuates itself. If you saw the guy in the video who designed the doll, I guess in his way he meant well ("innovations to make your life more sexually fullfilling and to spice my bank account"). He might actually (want to) believe that he's helping people to "create an alternative virtual reality that has everything they can't get in the outside world".

morguana 01-11-2010 09:22 AM

:eek: :mfr_omg: :nono:
i am speeckless!!!!
oh my! burgundia, really dont know what to say, apart from wow, i feel very sorry for anyone whom is sooooo lonely that they need something like this.
are people really so disconnected that they need pretend beings?
m x

Swanny 01-11-2010 10:35 AM

I wonder if she does the washing up?? :thumb_yello:

whitefluffy 01-11-2010 10:35 AM

:mfr_omg:
the concept is inevitably ,predictable, sad people who cant have a real relationships would think like this.
the article was a total non starter, the comments left typicallly disturbing and divisive, but then i watched the video, :shocked: he just casually assualted the doll and no-one watching seemed even mildly disturbed.. hope they dont use him as a model for a male version.
:eek:
made me angry!

bring on the new earth,:jawdrop::blowup::blink: quick

morguana 01-11-2010 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny (Post 220317)
I wonder if she does the washing up?? :thumb_yello:

not to your standard swanny :tongue2: :lol3:
m x

aroundthetable 01-11-2010 03:18 PM

WOW As a matter of interest, have you any idea how much they cost? Oh and is it possible to switch off the voice?

Céline 01-11-2010 03:26 PM

Loneliness is a horrible, destructive emotion in our society..

Are these inventions the answer?

i believe each one of us, know someone who is lonely enough that , they could use someone like this...

These days ...you can get by on a smile.... Beauty is a commodity ..

i fee; very sad for the lonely...the "ugly"...

i dont even want to watch the video..

no caste 01-11-2010 04:40 PM

It looks like a minor upgrade to a blow up doll, now with choose-your-Voice Box!
No wonder females can get a bit fed up with "male's" perceptions, hopes and scientific endeavors.

Oh, well. It's probably better than, what, GMO seeds. (?)

Ammit 01-11-2010 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aroundthetable (Post 220436)
WOW As a matter of interest, have you any idea how much they cost? Oh and is it possible to switch off the voice?

LMAO, beat me to it, very sad to see it though, next will be mechanical cats and dogs as pet replacements that you can put away when you get fed up with cleaning up there leaked battery acid..

dAkapacity 01-11-2010 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no caste (Post 220484)
It looks like a minor upgrade to a blow up doll, now with choose-your-Voice Box!
No wonder females can get a bit fed up with "male's" perceptions, hopes and scientific endeavors.

Oh, well. It's probably better than, what, GMO seeds. (?)

Yes, it works thus far with non-manipulated seeds.

Sorry... had to say it!

:roll1:

Céline 01-11-2010 05:14 PM

No offense meant to the OP ...but this thread leaves a bad taste in my mouth...

Am i alone in feeling this way?

Swanny 01-11-2010 05:29 PM

Apparently Julie the deluxe model comes with a built in MP3 player, radio, mobile phone and WiFi connection.
Guess where the radio tuning buttons are :naughty:

Ammit 01-11-2010 05:33 PM

ear lobes, yes, am I right....lmao
There is one for sale on ebay at the moment, 128 uk pounds.
If you contact me direct then I will give 10% off.

burgundia 01-11-2010 06:01 PM

This is the world that is being prepared for us....better be informed...we have fluoride, aspartame, GMO, airport scanners...and now this....

mkspllmn 01-11-2010 06:01 PM

Do men really see this as a viable alternative to a real woman?

Why?

Céline 01-11-2010 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkspllmn (Post 220553)
Do men really see this as a viable alternative to a real woman?

Why?

i understand your shock...

but what else are some to do? live lonely?

how long have you gone without human touch? (though i agree this is not the best alternative..but if thats all they got...why not?

mkspllmn 01-11-2010 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Céline (Post 220568)
i understand your shock...

but what else are some to do? live lonely?

how long have you gone without human touch? (though i agree this is not the best alternative..but if thats all they got...why not?

I suppose. This one costs $9000 for a good one. A really bad real woman could run into $100,000 or more.

DiVineEnvy 01-11-2010 06:33 PM

The fun begins when said bots are linked in real time to actors (shades of The Diamond Age and Being John Malkovich). Safe sex? How weird is that! Also, If you like your bot avatar more than your own body, can you hire a shaman to upload your soul to the robot? :roftl:

mkspllmn 01-11-2010 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiVineEnvy (Post 220581)
The fun begins when said bots are linked in real time to actors (shades of The Diamond Age and Being John Malkovich). Safe sex? How weird is that! Also, If you like your bot avatar more than your own body, can you hire a shaman to upload your soul to the robot? :roftl:

Cool, no pain and all the sex you want! :smoke: You could record your life and when you come back as a robot you can recall you past life! :thumb_yello:

futureyes 01-11-2010 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Céline (Post 220502)
No offense meant to the OP ... but this thread leaves a bad taste in my mouth...

hi celine ...
i know what you mean ... initially i felt this roxxy robot a degradation to females ... perhaps because of the '10' they built her to be ...

but then as i processed this more ... i felt more and more we are taking away from our humaness of who we are ... replacing our true selves with who we want ourselves and others to be ... as if what we are is not enough ...

i'm very open about everything ... i know miss roxy will be of interest to some ... and that's great ...
but something feels like it is constantly being taken from our humaness ...

the distractions just keep getting more distracting i suppose ...

pulling us further away ...

:wub2:

mkspllmn 01-11-2010 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Céline (Post 220502)
No offense meant to the OP ...but this thread leaves a bad taste in my mouth...

Can you be more specific as to why?