Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE)

Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) (http://projectavalon.net/forum/index.php)
-   Project Avalon General Discussion (http://projectavalon.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Questions? (http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20842)

Lionhawk 03-13-2010 06:22 PM

Re: Questions?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen (Post 255568)
Moderators cannot read the private messages of other people.
I recently saw Lionhawk make this type of accusation in GaiaLove's chat room.
I investigated what I could. I found no such evidence.
Admins - I was told do not have easy access to PMs and why would they want to do that.


My Dear Karen,

I am really surprised by your response here. I also tried to do this in private with you and this is how you are now going to distort the facts. I was even willing to have a conference concerning all this by your suggestion.

Here are the net results. There are none. Nothing was proven one way or the other. The fact is the issues of security I was concerned about were put on a lazy Susan. They still haven't been addressed by whether certain people don't have the right skill set to get to the bottom of it. And also based on what that information might have been, they would never tell you Karen because you might not be able to grasp it. So now since we have to air this laundry out, maybe folks here might want to know my concerns here at this forum. And maybe this is what you wanted me to do all along.

I was informed that people had seen that I had logged on and was back in the forum on Feb 7th of this year. Fact is my account had been deactivated and I couldn't log in even if I wanted to. Richard reactivated my account a couple of weeks later as to my request. Now I have to ask how is it that I logged in on the 7th when I didn't or couldn't? Where are the logs Karen of that day. The real logs. You didn't even know there was such a thing. I have not seen the logs of that date I inquired about. Further more when posed the question of PM's, the answer was given in such a way that would not implicate the truth as being so but lead you to believe my accusation was accurate. Who is to say a mod with Admin privileges can't access any information? Maybe a course is computer networking and website building might be a course for you to consider. The fact is anything that is posted is PROPERTY of whoever owns this website. That includes everything from PM"s down to smiley faces. Now you are saying to me that you couldn't get to the bottom of it. And at the same time I have been barking about this site being infiltrated and I did that to give you a heads up and what do you do with that. Nothing Meanwhile when you now look around, the evidence is being swept under the carpet and even though you may claim innocent, you are now just part of it as you have also been played. If I was you, I would be kind of upset about that. But I am not you.

I was seeking the truth and all you have appeared to do is enable what is being swept under the carpet. And where I was coming from was of great concern for this forum. Security as to my account has been breached and all you can come up with is that I made an accusation. You can play your cards here as you see fit but it doesn't change anything and is a dis service to everyone by doing that. Just look around. All this reactance and everyone is spinning around in all of this confusion because you guys don't have the guts to tell the truth. You all could have told the truth in private but no, that would take so much effort. Well look at the mess you all have let get out of control and I guess now we play the blame card game.

I have been involved with computers for almost 25 years. It saddens me that people try to pull the wool over everyone's eyes who assume such a position on a website. Again my concerns were legit as I would not have brought them to your attention to waste your precious time or mine. It is very obvious that this site has been compromised on many levels and when the waves get rough, no one wants to deal with it in the right light.

I also didn't tell you everything my Dear Karen. Why would I when you haven't really done anything to earn my trust. Think on that for a while. All I can say was I was earnest with my efforts but I don't have the keys or the access and apparently you don't either. I sent you all warnings but you thought you knew better and Lionhawk was just paranoid. Look around Karen and explain all that away.

You people think some of us don't know what is going on. You assume we are stupid little mice in the maze. You place sanctions on folks like we do to other countries and then you want us to support you. I'll tell you by what I have seen demonstrated, that if I was going to reboot Avalon, I'd start from scratch from the top Admin on down. I say that even though I do appreciate some of who are in their present positions. To much of this Avalon has been compromised. Everyone sees it, why don't you?

So now since I have said this you guys are going to put sanctions on me and treat me like one of your kids. It will only further validate the hypocrisy
and double standards that have undermined all the efforts to Avalon. If the new Avalon is going to be run like this one was, please don't send me an invite. I got better things to do.

Also at the same time I knew you guys would not come up with any facts because of all this other stuff that has constipated the works. So as far as I am concerned I have all the answers I need. So you're off the hook Karen. It's called GRACE. I gave you a trail and there on that trail you would have found a key infiltrator. You gave up to soon.

"Everyone wants to talk but when it comes to the walk, people can't find their own damn feet." Quoted by Hiddenfoot

What was I thinking?

Rocky_Shorz 03-13-2010 06:24 PM

Re: Questions?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stargazer1965 (Post 255798)

I was of sound and quiet mind when I wrote this....I can go into the mists now...

you are asking to be Mistified... :lol3:

be patient Grasshopper the message has been delivered and changes are unfolding before our eyes...

THE eXchanger 03-13-2010 06:25 PM

Re: Questions?
 
iF everyone dealt in truth...
they would NOT need to worry,
or, even be concerned,

who might/or might NOT
be reading their messages ;)

isn't the real avalon/and, the real camelot a place of truth ???

Stargazer1965 03-13-2010 06:30 PM

Re: Questions?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocky_Shorz (Post 255858)
you are asking to be Mistified... :lol3:

be patient Grasshopper the message has been delivered and changes are unfolding before our eyes...

And How did you know my nickname.....:original:

Rocky_Shorz 03-13-2010 06:35 PM

Re: Questions?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stargazer1965 (Post 255864)
And How did you know my nickname.....:original:

how do I know the sun rises in the sky every morning?

if anyone had any idea how well connected those in the forum are they would be laughing as it attempts to pull itself apart...

Welcome to the vortex... :wink2:

Stardustaquarion 03-13-2010 06:37 PM

Re: Questions?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stargazer1965 (Post 255864)
And How did you know my nickname.....:original:

Did you used to watch Kung Fu?....we all did:lmfao:

Love

SteveX 03-13-2010 07:39 PM

Re: Questions?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lionhawk (Post 255855)



My Dear Karen,

I am really surprised by your response here. I also tried to do this in private with you and this is how you are now going to distort the facts. I was even willing to have a conference concerning all this by your suggestion.

Here are the net results. There are none. Nothing was proven one way or the other. The fact is the issues of security I was concerned about were put on a lazy Susan. They still haven't been addressed by whether certain people don't have the right skill set to get to the bottom of it. And also based on what that information might have been, they would never tell you Karen because you might not be able to grasp it. So now since we have to air this laundry out, maybe folks here might want to know my concerns here at this forum. And maybe this is what you wanted me to do all along.

I was informed that people had seen that I had logged on and was back in the forum on Feb 7th of this year. Fact is my account had been deactivated and I couldn't log in even if I wanted to. Richard reactivated my account a couple of weeks later as to my request. Now I have to ask how is it that I logged in on the 7th when I didn't or couldn't? Where are the logs Karen of that day. The real logs. You didn't even know there was such a thing. I have not seen the logs of that date I inquired about. Further more when posed the question of PM's, the answer was given in such a way that would not implicate the truth as being so but lead you to believe my accusation was accurate. Who is to say a mod with Admin privileges can't access any information? Maybe a course is computer networking and website building might be a course for you to consider. The fact is anything that is posted is PROPERTY of whoever owns this website. That includes everything from PM"s down to smiley faces. Now you are saying to me that you couldn't get to the bottom of it. And at the same time I have been barking about this site being infiltrated and I did that to give you a heads up and what do you do with that. Nothing Meanwhile when you now look around, the evidence is being swept under the carpet and even though you may claim innocent, you are now just part of it as you have also been played. If I was you, I would be kind of upset about that. But I am not you.

I was seeking the truth and all you have appeared to do is enable what is being swept under the carpet. And where I was coming from was of great concern for this forum. Security as to my account has been breached and all you can come up with is that I made an accusation. You can play your cards here as you see fit but it doesn't change anything and is a dis service to everyone by doing that. Just look around. All this reactance and everyone is spinning around in all of this confusion because you guys don't have the guts to tell the truth. You all could have told the truth in private but no, that would take so much effort. Well look at the mess you all have let get out of control and I guess now we play the blame card game.

I have been involved with computers for almost 25 years. It saddens me that people try to pull the wool over everyone's eyes who assume such a position on a website. Again my concerns were legit as I would not have brought them to your attention to waste your precious time or mine. It is very obvious that this site has been compromised on many levels and when the waves get rough, no one wants to deal with it in the right light.

I also didn't tell you everything my Dear Karen. Why would I when you haven't really done anything to earn my trust. Think on that for a while. All I can say was I was earnest with my efforts but I don't have the keys or the access and apparently you don't either. I sent you all warnings but you thought you knew better and Lionhawk was just paranoid. Look around Karen and explain all that away.

You people think some of us don't know what is going on. You assume we are stupid little mice in the maze. You place sanctions on folks like we do to other countries and then you want us to support you. I'll tell you by what I have seen demonstrated, that if I was going to reboot Avalon, I'd start from scratch from the top Admin on down. I say that even though I do appreciate some of who are in their present positions. To much of this Avalon has been compromised. Everyone sees it, why don't you?

So now since I have said this you guys are going to put sanctions on me and treat me like one of your kids. It will only further validate the hypocrisy
and double standards that have undermined all the efforts to Avalon. If the new Avalon is going to be run like this one was, please don't send me an invite. I got better things to do.

Also at the same time I knew you guys would not come up with any facts because of all this other stuff that has constipated the works. So as far as I am concerned I have all the answers I need. So you're off the hook Karen. It's called GRACE. I gave you a trail and there on that trail you would have found a key infiltrator. You gave up to soon.

"Everyone wants to talk but when it comes to the walk, people can't find their own damn feet." Quoted by Hiddenfoot

What was I thinking?

So!

Are you suggesting the great Thuban witch hunt is down to reading private messages?

OR

Are you suggesting reading private messages is being covered up with the Thuban witch hunt?

Stargazer1965 03-13-2010 07:54 PM

Re: Questions?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveX (Post 255924)
So!

Are you suggesting the great Thuban witch hunt is down to reading private messages?

OR

Are you suggesting reading private messages is being covered up with the Thuban witch hunt?

I know for a fact that each word you type can be viewed...now...later and then archived if someone wants to look at it next year.

Karen...I know you meant well but everything....even the deleted PMs are archived and viewable.

Just have to know a password and where to look

Everyone is real nervous right now.....:shocked:

You can say downright TWITCHY

I live in what I know...not what I can speculate

peace Y'all

Lionhawk 03-13-2010 07:58 PM

Re: Questions?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveX (Post 255924)
So!

Are you suggesting the great Thuban witch hunt is down to reading private messages?

OR

Are you suggesting reading private messages is being covered up with the Thuban witch hunt?


Did I suggest anything about Thuban in the first place in my post? If my concerns had anything to do with Thuban, I would have stated it so that no one would get confused. Just out of respect. Your deduction is very misguided in this instance. Also a useless fire starter. Why am I not surprised? Just another provoking poster who doesn't have a clue as to what I was talking about. May I suggest you reread what I posted and what I was after before you paint more falsehoods as you have also done here in the past. It is stuff like this that has contributed to the present conditions here at this forum. MP2 and I might have had our disagreements on many things, but we also had agreements as well, so get a grip will ya?

Thanks Stargazer for telling it like it is. I hope Karen was paying attention, finally.

SteveX 03-13-2010 08:01 PM

Re: Questions?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stargazer1965 (Post 255935)
I know for a fact that each word you type can be viewed...now...later and then archived if someone wants to look at it next year.

Karen...I know you meant well but everything....even the deleted PMs are archived and viewable.

Just have to know a password and where to look

Everyone is real nervous right now.....:shocked:

You can say downright TWITCHY

Anchor was misted yesterday for no apparent reason. No one said he posted anything wrong and I haven't seen a post of his deleted. So one has to assume the offence for which he was Misted was done either in PM or Friends messages.

My question is why are PM's being read?

Is it to bust an agenda


or is


an agenda trying to be covered up.

Stargazer1965 03-13-2010 08:16 PM

Re: Questions?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveX (Post 255938)
Anchor was misted yesterday for no apparent reason. No one said he posted anything wrong and I haven't seen a post of his deleted. So one has to assume the offence for which he was Misted was done either in PM or Friends messages.

My question is why are PM's being read?

Is it to bust an agenda


or is


an agenda trying to be covered up.

I don't believe anyone will come right out and say....Most Mods don't know...

You can tell from the posts....

Karen 03-13-2010 08:31 PM

Re: Questions?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lionhawk (Post 255937)
Did I suggest anything about Thuban in the first place in my post? If my concerns had anything to do with Thuban, I would have stated it so that no one would get confused. Just out of respect. Your deduction is very misguided in this instance. Also a useless fire starter. Why am I not surprised? Just another provoking poster who doesn't have a clue as to what I was talking about. May I suggest you reread what I posted and what I was after before you paint more falsehoods as you have also done here in the past. It is stuff like this that has contributed to the present conditions here at this forum. MP2 and I might have had our disagreements on many things, but we also had agreements as well, so get a grip will ya?

Thanks Stargazer for telling it like it is. I hope Karen was paying attention, finally.

I am exhausted by this project and have been for a long time. I went to you Lionhawk and asked for names and all I got was riddles. I went to the admins and I got no help sorting your problem. I reached a dead end. I could not puzzle out your riddles and if there was any hot clue there, I did truly miss it.

I am now done here. This decision was made some time ago. I have watched in anguish and disappointment the actions of the various moderators and the events marked by the last banning of Abrax. I do not approve of the way things are being handled recently and I do not want my name or personal energy associated with this project.

I do not approve of posts and threads being deleted and I made a big campaign for that to stop when I became moderator here. Now it has started again. I watched as my mod team was split over this Thuban issue, and I did not understand what was being played out.

I have even been accused of some plotting between me, GaiaLove and Bill to take out half the mod team. NO I WAS NOT INVOLVED IN THAT. It was like I brought into a meeting, where decisions had already been made, spun around a dozen times and the blindfold removed. I am just as confused and disoriented as almost everyone else.

I've looked on in dismay - decisions were made without my input or approval. If anyone is snooping into people's PMs, I have not been made privy to how that is done nor to one word of that insider intel.

Spring is spronging and I look forward to life without Avalon and much less time spent at the computer. We had some great times here and it's been quite the wild ride. I'm getting off here - much love to all.

Nebula9D 03-13-2010 08:55 PM

Re: Questions?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocky_Shorz (Post 255870)
how do I know the sun rises in the sky every morning?

if anyone had any idea how well connected those in the forum are they would be laughing as it attempts to pull itself apart...

Welcome to the vortex... :wink2:

:mfr_lol: iow are you implying that they can try to get rid of us and that's next to impossible :wall:



Quote:

Originally Posted by Stargazer1965 (Post 255935)
I know for a fact that each word you type can be viewed...now...later and then archived if someone wants to look at it next year.

Karen...I know you meant well but everything....even the deleted PMs are archived and viewable.

Just have to know a password and where to look

Everyone is real nervous right now.....:shocked:

You can say downright TWITCHY

I live in what I know...not what I can speculate

peace Y'all

:thumb_yello: well said Stargazer. Lionhawk, i agree, tell it like it is :)

BROOK 03-13-2010 08:57 PM

Re: Questions?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by THE eXchanger (Post 255859)
iF everyone dealt in truth...
they would NOT need to worry,
or, even be concerned,

who might/or might NOT
be reading their messages ;)

isn't the real avalon/and, the real camelot a place of truth ???

Again Susan, You are speaking from what end of the spectrum?

PM means "Private" so what in the blazing heck does that mean.

Truth?...you speak of truth? When what is being spoken of here is about personal emails...and accounts? Opened before someone signed back in to an account.

There are many ramifications here..one is posing as an imposter....the other is private mail.

I wonder...susan...would you like to have your emails posted on the board for all to see..or at the very least, one that should not have access to such information?

You don't even allow messages on your profile page..so I'm sure you would not post all of your pm's to be read by others. And that is the point...not some silly suggestion that "iF everyone dealt in truth...
they would NOT need to worry,
or, even be concerned,"

please spare us :sneaky2:

Nebula9D 03-13-2010 09:06 PM

Re: Questions?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen (Post 255952)
I am exhausted by this project and have been for a long time. I went to you Lionhawk and asked for names and all I got was riddles. I went to the admins and I got no help sorting your problem. I reached a dead end. I could not puzzle out your riddles and if there was any hot clue there, I did truly miss it.

I am now done here. This decision was made some time ago. I have watched in anguish and disappointment the actions of the various moderators and the events marked by the last banning of Abrax. I do not approve of the way things are being handled recently and I do not want my name or personal energy associated with this project.

I do not approve of posts and threads being deleted and I made a big campaign for that to stop when I became moderator here. Now it has started again. I watched as my mod team was split over this Thuban issue, and I did not understand what was being played out.

I have even been accused of some plotting between me, GaiaLove and Bill to take out half the mod team. NO I WAS NOT INVOLVED IN THAT. It was like I brought into a meeting, where decisions had already been made, spun around a dozen times and the blindfold removed. I am just as confused and disoriented as almost everyone else.

I've looked on in dismay - decisions were made without my input or approval. If anyone is snooping into people's PMs, I have not been made privy to how that is done nor to one word of that insider intel.

Spring is spronging and I look forward to life without Avalon and much less time spent at the computer. We had some great times here and it's been quite the wild ride. I'm getting off here - much love to all.


My Lovely Karen,

I can't even start to imagine all the you have done here for PA and what you meant to alot of us. I'm just so thankful to know ya and have met you here on PA. Wishing you all of the best where ever your path leads you.

much love,

Nebula

SteveX 03-13-2010 09:07 PM

Re: Questions?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lionhawk (Post 255937)
Did I suggest anything about Thuban in the first place in my post? If my concerns had anything to do with Thuban, I would have stated it so that no one would get confused. Just out of respect. Your deduction is very misguided in this instance. Also a useless fire starter. Why am I not surprised? Just another provoking poster who doesn't have a clue as to what I was talking about. May I suggest you reread what I posted and what I was after before you paint more falsehoods as you have also done here in the past. It is stuff like this that has contributed to the present conditions here at this forum. MP2 and I might have had our disagreements on many things, but we also had agreements as well, so get a grip will ya?

Thanks Stargazer for telling it like it is. I hope Karen was paying attention, finally.

Firstly Lionhawk, as a fair bloke your point is taken and understood. I apologise for taking you out of your context.
With regard to the upheaval within the forum i.e. Thuban, bans and mist’s I was trying to ascertain what the agenda is for reading PM’s or activating accounts. It’s obviously for internal reasons but what reasons? Hence my reference to the Thuban crisis (again sorry for taking you out of context) and asking 2 questions.

Now, I’ll ask you a few straight up questions. Please don’t answer if you feel it may jeopardise your position. That is totally understandable. Also don’t answer if you think I am deliberately yanking your chain. With regard to your statement that this gig is compromised, my question is

who has compromised what…. and for what reason.

BROOK 03-13-2010 09:17 PM

Re: Questions?
 
I can't speak for Lionhawk...but if it was my account that were hacked, and my PM's had any sensitive information in them....then suppose telling that person not to use PM's any more, and only use a "new" email address...one set up spicifically for the purpose of communication.

That is only one scenario...I can imagine many others here....go ahead and give it a try..see what you can imagine...and then think about "compromise".... :shocked:

:wink2:

Rocky_Shorz 03-13-2010 09:58 PM

Re: Questions?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebula9D (Post 255969)
:mfr_lol: iow are you implying that they can try to get rid of us and that's next to impossible :wall:

I have been stuck in the vortex for years every time I try to run from the path laid before me I "mist"eriously end back up on the one I tried to leave.

People I have walked away from several times keep reappearing down the road...

There has been something drawing us all together and I'm almost positive running away will end up bringing everyone back to the center through destiny...

Karen 03-13-2010 10:01 PM

Re: Questions?
 
From a former insider on this forum as to Admins abilities to look at PMs:
"No Colin said can't do
And I believe him."

Anchor is the one that told me it would be extremely difficult.

What went on over at Astrovera (or any other forum) and snooping into PMs is no reflection on what the admins at this forum would do.

Now if someone hacked into Lionhawk's user account and accessed PMs that way - then that is a whole other issue from admins snooping into people's private messages. I reported it to admin - and I hammered at them a few times. I got nowhere, which was a typical scenario. By that time we knew we were moving to Avalon 2.0 anyway.

BROOK 03-13-2010 10:09 PM

Re: Questions?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen (Post 256023)
From a former insider on this forum as to Admins abilities to look at PMs:
"No Colin said can't do
And I believe him."

Anchor is the one that told me it would be extremely difficult.

What went on over at Astrovera (or any other forum) and snooping into PMs is no reflection on what the admins at this forum would do.

Now if someone hacked into Lionhawk's user account and accessed PMs that way - then that is a whole other issue from admins snooping into people's private messages. I reported it to admin - and I hammered at them a few times. I got nowhere, which was a typical scenario. By that time we knew we were moving to Avalon 2.0 anyway.


Well as difficult as it might be...I personally saw Lionhawk signed on, on 02/07/2010...but he did not reactivate his acount until afterward....so that is a question that should be addressed. Because someone was in the account..and the question is why? If I were him, I would be asking the same questions....and he should get some answers, and not be stalled on it. It should be the forum Administrators main concern when things like that happen. And surly not swept under the rug.

:wink2:

THE eXchanger 03-13-2010 10:33 PM

Re: Questions?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BROOK (Post 255970)
[COLOR=plum]LOR]

[B][I][COLOR=#dda0dd]
I wonder...susan...would you like to have your emails posted on the board for all to see..or at the very least, one that should not have access to such information?

You don't even allow messages on your profile page..so I'm sure you would not post all of your pm's to be read by others. And that is the point...not some silly suggestion that "iF everyone dealt in truth...
they would NOT need to worry,
or, even be concerned,"

please spare us :sneaky2:

http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/member.php?u=8
is quite postable - there is NOTHING that prevents a member
from posting to my profile ?

also, we have NEVER written anyone anything
-that we would have any reason,
to be embarrassed/or, feel any shame for writing it
should it be discovered, and, posted publically

wouldn't it be great if everyone,
lived like that

instead of living shallow !!!

if we have something to say to another - we just say it

or, keep silent ~ silence is the greatest weapon of all

besides, is there anything that really is private in this world ???

VERY likely

NOT ?

BROOK 03-13-2010 10:48 PM

Re: Questions?
 
:zip:
Quote:

Originally Posted by THE eXchanger (Post 256051)
http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/member.php?u=8
is quite postable - there is NOTHING that prevents a member
from posting to my profile ?

also, we have NEVER written anyone anything
-that we would have any reason,
to be embarrassed/or, feel any shame for writing it
should it be discovered, and, posted publically

wouldn't it be great if everyone,
lived like that

instead of living shallow !!!

if we have something to say to another - we just say it

or, keep silent ~ silence is the greatest weapon of all

besides, is there anything that really is private in this world ???

VERY likely

NOT ?

I'm sure, somewhere there is something you would like to keep private, that you have written...if not, then I think one of, or perhaps several of your aspects should be put up for Sainthood :harp:

However...this means nothing when it comes to the "rights" of "privacy"...which is in question...so take the harp, and give it a break...take your aspects out for lunch or something..they deserve it for all the "open truth" they seem to be sharing...and not one secret unrevealed...hmmm That deserves a gold medal as well :winner_first_h4h:

:wink2:

Nebula9D 03-14-2010 12:57 AM

Re: Questions?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocky_Shorz (Post 256021)
I have been stuck in the vortex for years every time I try to run from the path laid before me I "mist"eriously end back up on the one I tried to leave.

People I have walked away from several times keep reappearing down the road...

There has been something drawing us all together and I'm almost positive running away will end up bringing everyone back to the center through destiny...


Very true indeed. I say embrace your path, whichever way it takes you; good or bad. All lessons learned, wisdom gained, greater understanding gained, still your destiny awaits.

SteveX 03-14-2010 02:45 AM

Re: Questions?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BROOK (Post 255984)
I can't speak for Lionhawk...but if it was my account that were hacked, and my PM's had any sensitive information in them....then suppose telling that person not to use PM's any more, and only use a "new" email address...one set up spicifically for the purpose of communication.

That is only one scenario...I can imagine many others here....go ahead and give it a try..see what you can imagine...and then think about "compromise".... :shocked:

:wink2:

I'm sorry Brook but I just don't get what you are trying to say. It's all quite vague with regard my questions.

who has compromised what…. and for what reason.

BROOK 03-14-2010 05:16 AM

Re: Questions?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveX (Post 256200)
I'm sorry Brook but I just don't get what you are trying to say. It's all quite vague with regard my questions.

who has compromised what…. and for what reason.

As I stated, I cannot speak for Lionhawk. But compromise can come in many shapes and sizes....all one needs to do is use their imagination.
Vague...yes...I agree..but certainly compromised.

ellie 03-14-2010 05:26 AM

Re: Questions?
 
A negative last minute dash to procure some poor innocent souls are being made here hoping to led them to slaughter.

I have made a little list I think of the members that will be invited to the yards....................

Let's see if I am right mmmmmh.

SteveX 03-14-2010 12:29 PM

Re: Questions?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BROOK (Post 256285)
As I stated, I cannot speak for Lionhawk. But compromise can come in many shapes and sizes....all one needs to do is use their imagination.
Vague...yes...I agree..but certainly compromised.

I understand your not speaking for Lionheart. If he doesn’t want to contribute then that’s his prerogative. As to there being a compromise …yer! well maybe. As for using the imagination on a forum with conspiracy theorists…. that’s just asking for trouble lol.
The Kerry & Bill split I see as being a difference of opinion and the Thuban crisis the catalyst for their separation. The way the Thuban crisis was handled is, to some degree, the cause in the split of the moderators and the reasons behind Abrax being banned compounded this. Neither did it help the members of this forum in search of honesty and clarity. Most of the people in the Mist are related to the Thuban group in one form or another. Mods accusing mods that intern Mist mods. It’s a bit too jumpy or dictatorial.

The compromise, if any, seems to come from within. Guilt by association seems to be the order of the day in what appears to be the unfolding of a scapegoat in the Bill & Kerry split.

BROOK 03-14-2010 02:12 PM

Re: Questions?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveX (Post 256507)
I understand your not speaking for Lionheart. If he doesn’t want to contribute then that’s his prerogative. As to there being a compromise …yer! well maybe. As for using the imagination on a forum with conspiracy theorists…. that’s just asking for trouble lol.
The Kerry & Bill split I see as being a difference of opinion and the Thuban crisis the catalyst for their separation. The way the Thuban crisis was handled is, to some degree, the cause in the split of the moderators and the reasons behind Abrax being banned compounded this. Neither did it help the members of this forum in search of honesty and clarity. Most of the people in the Mist are related to the Thuban group in one form or another. Mods accusing mods that intern Mist mods. It’s a bit too jumpy or dictatorial.

The compromise, if any, seems to come from within. Guilt by association seems to be the order of the day in what appears to be the unfolding of a scapegoat in the Bill & Kerry split.

That's what I do around her...seems to be the thing I do best...get into trouble :mfr_lol:

Stevex....I am nothing more than a truth seeker.....and if that takes ruffling a few feathers...then so be it. Maybe after the dust settles we will see the turn of events an they have unfolded, and discover some truth in the process.

but never let it be said I did not voice my opinion..as we all must :wink2:

Gareth 03-14-2010 08:11 PM

Re: Questions?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by no caste (Post 255471)
Are PM's (private messages) between members read by any moderators and/or passed along to mods/administrators' friends,
in a kind of (either) gossip and/or internal research chain?

PM's are not read and in fact cannot be read except by the person sending them and the person receiving them.

Privacy is respected at all times.

In the case of members being deleted, all PM's that belong to them are removed along with the account automatically.

G

mntruthseeker 03-14-2010 08:20 PM

Re: Questions?
 
I have to say that , Any person setting up a forum can read others PMs, I have seen it happened. My sister is a programmer and I know Anchor is one also, She says its possible, my old boss proved it was so.

Gareth, maybe you do not have the authority but thats not to say its not possible.


One thing that I am hearing is that LionHawk says that was done but I dont think that was the message..............I think he said the information was put out there / shared with others

That to me is pathetic and why would he lie ? He is way above that

Anchor 03-14-2010 08:26 PM

Re: Questions?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mntruthseeker (Post 256848)
I have to say that , Any person setting up a forum can read others PMs, I have seen it happened. My sister is a programmer and I know Anchor is one also, She says its possible, my old boss proved it was so.

Gareth, maybe you do not have the authority but thats not to say its not possible.


One thing that I am hearing is that LionHawk says that was done but I dont think that was the message..............I think he said the information was put out there / shared with others

That to me is pathetic and why would he lie ? He is way above that

I stand accussed ?

I can tell you that during my time as administrator there was no additional software installed on this site that would permit anyone to read private mails. Yes it is possible. It is not easy - it requires extra software to be installed (a vBulletin addin). Only administrators with actual host server access can do it.

If it was done that way no one would have known about it because it would not leave any logs nor evidence of anyone logging in. The thing that Brook observed may well have been someone trying to log in as Lionhawk and getting the error message. I dont know. The forum security is good. If everyone has a good password, thier accounts and private mails are safe.

AJ..

Rocky_Shorz 03-14-2010 08:30 PM

Re: Questions?
 
hey Anchor,

I was standing on the edge of the mist looking around for you with a flashlight, glad to see you found your way out again... :wink2:

Anchor 03-14-2010 08:42 PM

Re: Questions?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocky_Shorz (Post 256864)
hey Anchor,

I was standing on the edge of the mist looking around for you with a flashlight, glad to see you found your way out again... :wink2:

Thanks - I could hear the shouting, but everytime I opened my mouth, no words would come out.

You have no idea how annoying it is to see people putting nice comments on your visitor page, but not being able to respond.

The only thing I could do (I tested everything :) ) was to send out friend requests :D

AJ..

lightblue 03-14-2010 08:45 PM

Re: Questions?
 
i didnt get it... :wink2:





m

burgundia 03-14-2010 08:51 PM

Re: Questions?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anchor (Post 256880)
Thanks - I could hear the shouting, but everytime I opened my mouth, no words would come out.

You have no idea how annoying it is to see people putting nice comments on your visitor page, but not being able to respond.

The only thing I could do (I tested everything :) ) was to send out friend requests :D

AJ..

Do you at least know who put you in the mists?

777 The Great Work 03-14-2010 08:54 PM

Re: Questions?
 
Do you guys notice that phrases are being coined, and repeated into the ether? :naughty:

Rocky_Shorz 03-14-2010 09:02 PM

Re: Questions?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anchor (Post 256880)
Thanks - I could hear the shouting, but everytime I opened my mouth, no words would come out.

You have no idea how annoying it is to see people putting nice comments on your visitor page, but not being able to respond.

The only thing I could do (I tested everything :) ) was to send out friend requests :D

AJ..

Well, I understand I was in the middle of a heated topic and someone hacked my computer and set internet explorer so I couldn't log back in...

Out with the old and in with the new...

I hopped back in through Firefox...

I knew you'd be back, that's why I was searching so hard...

I couldn't imagine Avalon without our Anchor...

Rocky_Shorz 03-14-2010 09:03 PM

Re: Questions?
 
LMAO... wow right when I thought my system was clear it hung and double posted, well at least we know we are important enough to have them take the time to be annoying.

but we can overcome and will...

Harper 03-14-2010 09:04 PM

Re: Questions?
 
Hahahha, the jig is now up Anchor, as we would say in Ireland.....

So were you misty eyed in the mists? I know from experience that the frustration passes after about 6 months:roll1:

But its a great experience all the same and a wonderful experiment in knowing how to relinquish control. Tis only yourself in the end of it all.

During the pay time everything stopped me from literally buying into the forum. If you can believe this, my bank card was recalled, lets put it that way and although I had money I now had to go into the bank and get it out, I could write cheques but no one takes them anymore. 2 emails to the forum asking how I could send a bank draft etc...and I had offered to pay for a year for someone else who couldnt afford it...went unanswered....hehehehehe

So those sorts of signals should be listened to, madness really and I thank the trix dept for stopping me, it was the best thing that could have happened hehehe

Just writing it all out still astonishes me but money is energy I guess and I wasnt supposed to give money here...

Probably total tomfoolery hypocrasy as now I cant stop, I have learned most days to hold my typing longer before I react. So theres a mad evolution in a short time--- take it easy everyone, hope you are smiling wherever you are.:wink2:

Harper 03-14-2010 09:08 PM

Re: Questions?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 777 The Great Work (Post 256889)
Do you guys notice that phrases are being coined, and repeated into the ether? :naughty:

What meaning 7?


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Project Avalon