Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE)

Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) (http://projectavalon.net/forum/index.php)
-   News And Updates (http://projectavalon.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   THANKYOU GOD...Obama IS THE PRESIDENT...The Whole World IS WATCHING..& "YES WE CAN" (http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6782)

THE PEACEFUL WARRIOR 11-05-2008 06:10 AM

THANKYOU GOD...Obama IS THE PRESIDENT...The Whole World IS WATCHING..& "YES WE CAN"

Dear Friends, fellow Avalonians and all the citizens of The UNITED States of America...:mfr_omg:

As a none American watching the climax of the US Elections and the speeches of both President Elect Obama and McCain...I breathe a huge sigh of relief that there WILL BE an administration change in the USA.

I reflect on the enormous possibility for REAL CHANGE that has now entered the current paradigm. This is now a time of masssive transition and people of the US should know that in 22 countries polled by the BBC those favourable to Obama winning the US election was 3 to 1.

The whole world wanted this change and at last some sense has prevailed in America and this 'could be' the beggining of a New World, so let us pray and give thank's that maybe...just maybe...this IS the beggining of a NEW ERA!

I invite you all to leave your messages here for the New President Of America or for the People Of The World...

THE PURPOSE OF THIS THREAD...

Imagine that if you 'could write a PERSONAL MESSAGE TO OBAMA' what would you say? Leave THAT message here! :welcomeani:

Maybe you want to share your feeling's or experiences of the election if you are from the USA, tell us what's going on where you are, how are people reacting, let us know what's going down where you are!

Maybe you want to leave a message for fellow Americans or for others aroun the world, please leave that message here too.

This is an AMAZING moment in history...Let us all embrace it with TRUE HOPE and POSITIVITY...Coz as we THINK...so we CREATE!

The NEW CHAPTER HAS BEGUN...The Whole World IS WATCHING...

As Obama said in his speech - "Change has come to America"!

Woooohoooo ya all and I say respectfully and with total love for you all, let's go Mister Obama, locked, dropped and ready to rock.

My message to him and all of you is simply this -

" YES WE CAN, YES WE CAN, YES WE CAN...ONE WORLD - ONE LOVE - ONE PEOPLE"!

Peace Out :yikes::biggrin2::yikes::biggrin2::yikes::biggrin2 ::yikes::biggrin2:

Jenny 11-05-2008 06:37 AM

Re: THANKYOU GOD...Obama IS THE PRESIDENT...The Whole World IS WATCHING..& "YES WE CA

Obama:
Hello, Chicago.
If there is anyone out there who still doubts that America is a place where all things are possible, who still wonders if the dream of our founders is alive in our time, who still questions the power of our democracy, tonight is your answer.
It's the answer told by lines that stretched around schools and churches in numbers this nation has never seen, by people who waited three hours and four hours, many for the first time in their lives, because they believed that this time must be different, that their voices could be that difference.
It's the answer spoken by young and old, rich and poor, Democrat and Republican, black, white, Hispanic, Asian, Native American, gay, straight, disabled and not disabled. Americans who sent a message to the world that we have never been just a collection of individuals or a collection of red states and blue states.
We are, and always will be, the United States of America.
It's the answer that led those who've been told for so long by so many to be cynical and fearful and doubtful about what we can achieve to put their hands on the arc of history and bend it once more toward the hope of a better day.
It's been a long time coming, but tonight, because of what we did on this date in this election at this defining moment change has come to America.
A little bit earlier this evening, I received an extraordinarily gracious call from Sen. McCain.

Sen. McCain fought long and hard in this campaign. And he's fought even longer and harder for the country that he loves. He has endured sacrifices for America that most of us cannot begin to imagine. We are better off for the service rendered by this brave and selfless leader.
I congratulate him; I congratulate Gov. Palin for all that they've achieved. And I look forward to working with them to renew this nation's promise in the months ahead.
I want to thank my partner in this journey, a man who campaigned from his heart, and spoke for the men and women he grew up with on the streets of Scranton and rode with on the train home to Delaware, the vice president-elect of the United States, Joe Biden.
And I would not be standing here tonight without the unyielding support of my best friend for the last 16 years the rock of our family, the love of my life, the nation's next first lady Michelle Obama.
Sasha and Malia I love you both more than you can imagine. And you have earned the new puppy that's coming with us to the new White House.
And while she's no longer with us, I know my grandmother's watching, along with the family that made me who I am. I miss them tonight. I know that my debt to them is beyond measure.
To my sister Maya, my sister Alma, all my other brothers and sisters, thank you so much for all the support that you've given me. I am grateful to them.
And to my campaign manager, David Plouffe, the unsung hero of this campaign, who built the best -- the best political campaign, I think, in the history of the United States of America.
To my chief strategist David Axelrod who's been a partner with me every step of the way.
To the best campaign team ever assembled in the history of politics you made this happen, and I am forever grateful for what you've sacrificed to get it done.
But above all, I will never forget who this victory truly belongs to. It belongs to you. It belongs to you.
I was never the likeliest candidate for this office. We didn't start with much money or many endorsements. Our campaign was not hatched in the halls of Washington. It began in the backyards of Des Moines and the living rooms of Concord and the front porches of Charleston. It was built by working men and women who dug into what little savings they had to give $5 and $10 and $20 to the cause.
It grew strength from the young people who rejected the myth of their generation's apathy who left their homes and their families for jobs that offered little pay and less sleep.
It drew strength from the not-so-young people who braved the bitter cold and scorching heat to knock on doors of perfect strangers, and from the millions of Americans who volunteered and organized and proved that more than two centuries later a government of the people, by the people, and for the people has not perished from the Earth.
This is your victory.
And I know you didn't do this just to win an election. And I know you didn't do it for me.
You did it because you understand the enormity of the task that lies ahead. For even as we celebrate tonight, we know the challenges that tomorrow will bring are the greatest of our lifetime -- two wars, a planet in peril, the worst financial crisis in a century.
Even as we stand here tonight, we know there are brave Americans waking up in the deserts of Iraq and the mountains of Afghanistan to risk their lives for us.
There are mothers and fathers who will lie awake after the children fall asleep and wonder how they'll make the mortgage or pay their doctors' bills or save enough for their child's college education.
There's new energy to harness, new jobs to be created, new schools to build, and threats to meet, alliances to repair.
The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep. We may not get there in one year or even in one term. But, America, I have never been more hopeful than I am tonight that we will get there.
I promise you, we as a people will get there.
There will be setbacks and false starts. There are many who won't agree with every decision or policy I make as president. And we know the government can't solve every problem.
But I will always be honest with you about the challenges we face. I will listen to you, especially when we disagree. And, above all, I will ask you to join in the work of remaking this nation, the only way it's been done in America for 221 years -- block by block, brick by brick, calloused hand by calloused hand.
What began 21 months ago in the depths of winter cannot end on this autumn night.
This victory alone is not the change we seek. It is only the chance for us to make that change. And that cannot happen if we go back to the way things were.
It can't happen without you, without a new spirit of service, a new spirit of sacrifice.
So let us summon a new spirit of patriotism, of responsibility, where each of us resolves to pitch in and work harder and look after not only ourselves but each other.
Let us remember that, if this financial crisis taught us anything, it's that we cannot have a thriving Wall Street while Main Street suffers.
In this country, we rise or fall as one nation, as one people. Let's resist the temptation to fall back on the same partisanship and pettiness and immaturity that has poisoned our politics for so long.
Let's remember that it was a man from this state who first carried the banner of the Republican Party to the White House, a party founded on the values of self-reliance and individual liberty and national unity.
Those are values that we all share. And while the Democratic Party has won a great victory tonight, we do so with a measure of humility and determination to heal the divides that have held back our progress.
As Lincoln said to a nation far more divided than ours, we are not enemies but friends. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
And to those Americans whose support I have yet to earn, I may not have won your vote tonight, but I hear your voices. I need your help. And I will be your president, too.
And to all those watching tonight from beyond our shores, from parliaments and palaces, to those who are huddled around radios in the forgotten corners of the world, our stories are singular, but our destiny is shared, and a new dawn of American leadership is at hand.
To those -- to those who would tear the world down: We will defeat you. To those who seek peace and security: We support you. And to all those who have wondered if America's beacon still burns as bright: Tonight we proved once more that the true strength of our nation comes not from the might of our arms or the scale of our wealth, but from the enduring power of our ideals: democracy, liberty, opportunity and unyielding hope.
That's the true genius of America: that America can change. Our union can be perfected. What we've already achieved gives us hope for what we can and must achieve tomorrow.
This election had many firsts and many stories that will be told for generations. But one that's on my mind tonight's about a woman who cast her ballot in Atlanta. She's a lot like the millions of others who stood in line to make their voice heard in this election except for one thing: Ann Nixon Cooper is 106 years old.
She was born just a generation past slavery; a time when there were no cars on the road or planes in the sky; when someone like her couldn't vote for two reasons -- because she was a woman and because of the color of her skin.
And tonight, I think about all that she's seen throughout her century in America -- the heartache and the hope; the struggle and the progress; the times we were told that we can't, and the people who pressed on with that American creed: Yes we can.
At a time when women's voices were silenced and their hopes dismissed, she lived to see them stand up and speak out and reach for the ballot. Yes we can.
When there was despair in the dust bowl and depression across the land, she saw a nation conquer fear itself with a New Deal, new jobs, a new sense of common purpose. Yes we can.
When the bombs fell on our harbor and tyranny threatened the world, she was there to witness a generation rise to greatness and a democracy was saved. Yes we can.
She was there for the buses in Montgomery, the hoses in Birmingham, a bridge in Selma, and a preacher from Atlanta who told a people that "We Shall Overcome." Yes we can.
A man touched down on the moon, a wall came down in Berlin, a world was connected by our own science and imagination.
And this year, in this election, she touched her finger to a screen, and cast her vote, because after 106 years in America, through the best of times and the darkest of hours, she knows how America can change.
Yes we can.
America, we have come so far. We have seen so much. But there is so much more to do. So tonight, let us ask ourselves -- if our children should live to see the next century; if my daughters should be so lucky to live as long as Ann Nixon Cooper, what change will they see? What progress will we have made?
This is our chance to answer that call. This is our moment.

This is our time, to put our people back to work and open doors of opportunity for our kids; to restore prosperity and promote the cause of peace; to reclaim the American dream and reaffirm that fundamental truth, that, out of many, we are one; that while we breathe, we hope. And where we are met with cynicism and doubts and those who tell us that we can't, we will respond with that timeless creed that sums up the spirit of a people: Yes, we can.

Thank you. God bless you. And may God bless the United States of America

777 The Great Work 11-05-2008 06:41 AM

Re: THANKYOU GOD...Obama IS THE PRESIDENT...The Whole World IS WATCHING..& "YES WE CA

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE PEACEFUL WARRIOR (Post 70796)
Dear Friends, fellow Avalonians and all the citizens of The UNITED States of America...:mfr_omg:

As a none American watching the climax of the US Elections and the speeches of both President Elect Obama and McCain...I breathe a huge sigh of relief that there WILL BE an administration change in the USA.

I reflect on the enormous possibility for REAL CHANGE that has now entered the current paradigm. This is now a time of masssive transition and people of the US should know that in 22 countries polled by the BBC those favourable to Obama winning the US election was 3 to 1.

The whole world wanted this change and at last some sense has prevailed in America and this 'could be' the beggining of a New World, so let us pray and give thank's that maybe...just maybe...this IS the beggining of a NEW ERA!

I invite you all to leave your messages here for the New President Of America or for the People Of The World...

THE PURPOSE OF THIS THREAD...

Imagine that if you 'could write a PERSONAL MESSAGE TO OBAMA' what would you say? Leave THAT message here! :welcomeani:

Maybe you want to share your feeling's or experiences of the election if you are from the USA, tell us what's going on where you are, how are people reacting, let us know what's going down where you are!

Maybe you want to leave a message for fellow Americans or for others aroun the world, please leave that message here too.

This is an AMAZING moment in history...Let us all embrace it with TRUE HOPE and POSITIVITY...Coz as we THINK...so we CREATE!

The NEW CHAPTER HAS BEGUN...The Whole World IS WATCHING...

As Obama said in his speech - "Change has come to America"!

Woooohoooo ya all and I say respectfully and with total love for you all, let's go Mister Obama, locked, dropped and ready to rock.

My message to him and all of you is simply this -

" YES WE CAN, YES WE CAN, YES WE CAN...ONE WORLD - ONE LOVE - ONE PEOPLE"!

Peace Out :yikes::biggrin2::yikes::biggrin2::yikes::biggrin2 ::yikes::biggrin2:

To promise people change is one of the biggest tricks that have ever been played on the masses. Change is enevitable.
http://freshimagehosting.com/images/...m9k0lizxfc.jpg:mfr_lol: :roll1::lol3::lmao::lmao::wall::sleep_1::sleep_1:

THE PEACEFUL WARRIOR 11-05-2008 07:01 AM

Hi Jenny,
Thankyou very much for posting the acceptance speech Obama gave, would also like to know your thought's if you care to share.

Hi 777 The Great Work,
We can all be synical about his mandate for office and of course time will tell. Blair got elected in the UK on the mantra of change and delivered absolutely nothing, so yeah empty promises.

However I am just happy for now to hear and see millions of Americans partying and more importantly 'chanting and shouting' "YES WE CAN"!

Sure some change is inevitable but there are soem who have held mankind back by instigating and then controlling the WRONG kind of changes for millenia. The difference with Obama's office is that he might just have arrived at the right time (historically) to deliver poitive change.

For now though I leave myself open to all possibilities coz it is not time to call in the judge and the jury on a doorway that only just opened...For now let's just smile and be happy that an African American did actually make it to the White House, that alone is a totally new chapter for the USA, whatever you think of the man.

PEACE OUT :D...and I Smile

RubyTuesday 11-05-2008 07:09 AM

I don't put stock in most politicians (I'm a Ron Paul gal through and through).

My take on this election is that since WE are the ones co-creating regardless of whether Obama is/is not who he claims the "hope" is out there and that emotion is shaping the future. This election isn't about new policies and such. It's about acting out of hope or acting out of fear. Hope won. No matter what Obama does, that is good for all of us. :wub2:

Starlah 11-05-2008 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 777 The Great Work (Post 70822)
To promise peole change is one of the biggest tricks that have ever been played on the masses. Change is enevitable.
http://freshimagehosting.com/images/...m9k0lizxfc.jpg:mfr_lol: :roll1::lol3::lmao::lmao::wall::sleep_1::sleep_1:

__________________________________________________ _
My message to the new American President elect and to all of the people of the United States of America is CONGRATULATIONS!!

Barack Obama as the new President will have a long, mucky road ahead of him to clean up the chaos of the past 7/8 years created by the previous Administration...most people will have high expectations of him to do just that and hopefully we can all look forward to those changes...being positive will help as this cannot be accomplished overnight.
My wish for Obama is that he is a force for Love and Light to fight against the Darkness that pervades this World.
__________________________________________________ __
Kick at the Darkness until it bleeds Daylight...Bruce Cockburn

dayzero 11-05-2008 07:24 AM

>

THE PEACEFUL WARRIOR 11-05-2008 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dayzero (Post 70851)

Hard times ahead, sure, but have a look at Henry Deacon's post today.
I would say that the timeline has changed, or, rather, we [YOU] changed the timeline. Or one of 'em anyway.

Hi dayzero, can you post the link for Henry Deacons post please, many thank's.

PW

777 The Great Work 11-05-2008 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starlah (Post 70842)
__________________________________________________ _
My message to the new American President elect and to all of the people of the United States of America is CONGRATULATIONS!!

Barack Obama as the new President will have a long, mucky road ahead of him to clean up the chaos of the past 7/8 years created by the previous Administration...most people will have high expectations of him to do just that and hopefully we can all look forward to those changes...being positive will help as this cannot be accomplished overnight.
My wish for Obama is that he is a force for Love and Light to fight against the Darkness that pervades this World.
__________________________________________________ __
Kick at the Darkness until it bleeds Daylight...Bruce Cockburn

I have a deep and sincere respect respect for everyone's world view. This was in the cards a long time ago. Speaking as a black man, i have not heard any president say that we need to end war, create love and embrace our creator.

All leaders have their own agenda to fufill that is not known to the public. Thats why he leads. We need to stop looking outside of ourselves for the answers.

This is a quote from a 200 year old document of an agenda that has been passed down through several generations.

WE NAME PRESIDENTS

11. In the near future we shall establish the responsibility of presidents.

12. By that time we shall be in a position to disregard forms in carrying through matters for which our impersonal puppet will be responsible. What do we care if the ranks of those striving for power should be thinned, if there should arise a deadlock from the impossibility of finding presidents, a deadlock which will finally disorganize the country? ...

13. In order that our scheme may produce this result we shall arrange elections in favor of such presidents as have in their past some dark, undiscovered stain, some "Panama" or other - then they will be trustworthy agents for the accomplishment of our plans out of fear of revelations and from the natural desire of everyone who has attained power, namely, the retention of the privileges, advantages and honor connected with the office of president. The chamber of deputies will provide cover for, will protect, will elect presidents, but we shall take from it the right to propose new, or make changes in existing laws, for this right will be given by us to the responsible president, a puppet in our hands. Naturally, the authority of the presidents will then become a target for every possible form of attack, but we shall provide him with a means of self-defense in the right of an appeal to the people, for the decision of the people over the heads of their representatives, that is to say, an appeal to that some blind slave of ours - the majority of the mob. Independently of this we shall invest the president with the right of declaring a state of war. We shall justify this last right on the ground that the president as chief of the whole army of the country must have it at his disposal, in case of need for the defense of the new republican constitution, the right to defend which will belong to him as the responsible representative of this constitution.:welcomeani:

gordon 11-05-2008 07:31 AM

Can Obama really have a "UNITED" America/world? We hear alot about Abama father is from Kenya, and we ALL know that those poor people are in a "slave country". How well would Obama "fix" the problems over there, aswell as in America?

777 The Great Work 11-05-2008 07:35 AM

I apologize if i offended anyone here. I go in peace:original:

RubyTuesday 11-05-2008 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE PEACEFUL WARRIOR (Post 70855)
Hi dayzero, can you post the link for Henry Deacons post please, many thank's.

PW

I assume it's this?
http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=6777

Is there something else? :original:

Mori 11-05-2008 07:38 AM

Willy Clinton ran on the "Change Platform" in 91-92 and he signed the act that put the chemtrails in the sky in 98.

57 million people popular vote to elect the man, 300 million people in the country, a minority of the population dictating to the other 243ish million people. YAY! Not to mention the foreign policy that's going to effect 100's of millions of people. Not bashing the republic, just smashing the democracy.

Live by one rule, don't hurt others and help out if you can. Spread the love in all directions we are all the same in the oneness of creation.

Peace out

henners 11-05-2008 07:40 AM

Congratulations to Obama, i really hope you guys get some change. You deserve it. But unless TPB also want change, nothing will.
I don't want to be negative, far from it. I really hope this is the chance for the people above Obama, (all those hiding the truth and controlling the country) to come out and give the people real change. Tell the truths that we have all fought for. Release the information the public needs to know.

This is the chance for the PTB to give the people what they have wanted for the past 60 years. Real change, real truths about everything.

There are many people in the background that are tired of all these lies. Many whistle blowers would probably love to have the truth out in the open.
Maybe i am an optimist, but if enough people put their beliefs in the hands of Obama, all positive energy, who knows what we can achieve.

Good luck to all you guys over there in North America. We are looking with interest over here on the other side of the world.
:sweatdrop:

gordon 11-05-2008 07:46 AM

Quote:

Good luck to all you guys over there in North America. We are looking with interest over here on the other side of the world.
North America? And the South America?...Hey! Didn't America have a 'war' North v's the South.

henners 11-05-2008 07:49 AM

This post is in the wrong area. Sorry

Midnight Oil 11-05-2008 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henners (Post 70866)
Congratulations to Obama, i really hope you guys get some change. You deserve it. But unless TPB also want change, nothing will.
I don't want to be negative, far from it. I really hope this is the chance for the people above Obama, (all those hiding the truth and controlling the country) to come out and give the people real change. Tell the truths that we have all fought for. Release the information the public needs to know.

This is the chance for the PTB to give the people what they have wanted for the past 60 years. Real change, real truths about everything.

There are many people in the background that are tired of all these lies. Many whistle blowers would probably love to have the truth out in the open.
Maybe i am an optimist, but if enough people put their beliefs in the hands of Obama, all positive energy, who knows what we can achieve.

:sweatdrop:

Amen to that, you've put it together real nicely. :original:

seekur3 11-05-2008 07:55 AM

‘This victory alone is not the change we seek. It is only the chance for us to make that change. And that cannot happen if we go back to the way things were.
It can't happen without you, without a new spirit of service, a new spirit of sacrifice.
So let us summon a new spirit of patriotism, of responsibility, where each of us resolves to pitch in and work harder and look after not only ourselves but each other.’

this quote from obama’s speech was the most memorable.
altho i had never been obamasized (the state of being enraptured by his oratory skills) before, i do feel a shift, the possibility of change is palpable. & that’s a good feeling, after 8 years of power & money grabbing.
we need to stay focused more than ever now.

henners 11-05-2008 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seekur3 (Post 70880)
‘This victory alone is not the change we seek. It is only the chance for us to make that change. And that cannot happen if we go back to the way things were.
So let us summon a new spirit of patriotism, of responsibility, where each of us resolves to pitch in and work harder and look after not only ourselves but each other.’

this quote from obama’s speech was the most memorable.
altho i had never been obamasized (the state of being enraptured by his oratory skills) before, i do feel a shift, the possibility of change is palpable. & that’s a good feeling, after 8 years of power & money grabbing.
we need to stay focused more than ever now.

Well said. Totally agree.

gordon 11-05-2008 08:04 AM

Quote:

Re: THANKYOU GOD...Obama IS THE PRESIDENT...The Whole World IS WATCHING..& "YES WE CAN".
Wow. A nother 4-8 years of spam on Avalon! Really...is that what Avalon needs? Nooooooooooooooooooooo.

THE PEACEFUL WARRIOR 11-05-2008 08:11 AM

Polite Reminder to all posters...

If you wanna have a 'rant and rave' or 'moan and groan' about the US Elections please go to the thread titled: Election results!!!

This thread is intended for a more positive and uplifting response to the result of Obama being elected.

Henners, waddid you mean when you said - " This post is in the wrong area. Sorry"?

777, I have heard of and read parts of this information before. Please will you name this document/book and where it can be viewed etc, ie: on net, in book etc. It is important to allow others to view such 'source material'.

Apart from that I refer again to my OP...This thread is for your MESSAGES TO OBAMA, or to Americans, or to the world...Let us all know what you wanna say.

THE PEACEFUL WARRIOR 11-05-2008 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gordon (Post 70884)
Wow. A nother 4-8 years of spam on Avalon! Really...is that what Avalon needs? Nooooooooooooooooooooo.

Oooooh aren't you the clever one Gordon, what a surprise more negative moaning from a total 'Spam Head'.

The election was today, the discussion is 'TODAY'...not four years from now as you imply.

777 The Great Work 11-05-2008 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE PEACEFUL WARRIOR (Post 70888)
Polite Reminder to all posters...

If you wanna have a 'rant and rave' or 'moan and groan' about the US Elections please go to the thread titled: Election results!!!

This thread is intended for a more positive and uplifting response to the result of Obama being elected.

Henners, waddid you mean when you said - " This post is in the wrong area. Sorry"?

777, I have heard of and read parts of this information before. Please will you name this document/book and where it can be viewed etc, ie: on net, in book etc. It is important to allow others to view such 'source material'.

Apart from that I refer again to my OP...This thread is for your MESSAGES TO OBAMA, or to Americans, or to the world...Let us all know what you wanna say.

.Here is the link www.aztlan.net/protocols.htm

http://freshimagehosting.com/images/...tn6dwgsqy7.jpg

By the way, this guy owns REVELATIONS ENTERTAINMENT

Mostly all his films deal with REVELATIONS

Swanny 11-05-2008 08:27 AM

Hate to be the one to break it to you, but politians have been known to lie to get into power.
At least he can't be any worst than bush, can he?????

:original:

Shellie 11-05-2008 08:46 AM

The people who wanted change so bad never asked themselves what kind of change they wanted. I think most will be in for a rude surprise.