Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE)

Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) (http://projectavalon.net/forum/index.php)
-   Books, Videos, Articles, etc. (http://projectavalon.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   The Secret - Must see film/docu - (Law of Attraction) (http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1588)

Mike_Jetson 09-12-2008 12:35 PM

The Secret - Must see film/docu - (Law of Attraction)

Hello folks. Im going to post this in both general discussion forums as I believe it covers issues with Avalon & Camelot and I wouldnt want anyone to miss it but if mods decide one is enough etc then cool

For years now we have heard that we co-create our existance, we fear failure and we will bring failure, we visualize and feel the emotions of what we want and it will come true. These words are almost everywhere now and are increasing and I firmly believe this is what will bring the victory to us and the possible intervention from other non earth life if it is needed when enough of us truly want it and feel and visualize it. (Oct 14th for example)

Im halfway through watching the docu/film The Secret. Whether you subscribe to the thoughts of people like Anthony Robbins the life coach dude or read books like Rich Dad Poor Dad or The Science of becoming Rich or stuff like that, this film is unmissable for everyone who may be skeptical too but is curious about how our positive thoughts and feeling help us create our world and help us acheive what we want.

I have some codes for 90 day lovefilm(.com) UK dvd rental if anyone wants to get hold of it for free. I suggest as many people as possible try and get hold of a copy either second hand or rent it or whatever. If anyone wants the DVD friend reccomendation link for a long free trial just ask and ill post it here.

Antaletriangle 09-12-2008 03:11 PM

Re: The Secret - Must see film/docu - (Law of Attraction)

I agree with the evidence provided in the film but i find it presented a little too glossy-Follywood style,the guys interviewd about his multi million pound house and yachts,cars etc. It's almost presented in a cultish like manner.You don't use this information in this way-it's supposed to be channeled into earth for a better place for everyone.Everyone should think i want and will make the rainforests flourish,wars will end and people will meet half way etc etc.
Thanks for the post as i think people need to discuss the information contained in it.

King Lear 09-12-2008 03:21 PM

I'm sorry but I have to be critical.

I watched the full movie and frankly I have to say this is total Bull! :blowup:

There's is no "Secret"!
I tell you why 1% own 96% of the welth, because they live at other people's expense!

It always was so and always will be so.
All systems are constructed pyramidal, wether it's democracy, monarchy, communism, fascism, cleptocracy, plutocracy, theocracy....

Always there's a narrow top living at the expense of a broad base.
And worldwide and in general the western world is at top and the rest of the world is the base, wether there's a billionaire in Brunei - exceptions confirm the law.
We all wish to turn this pyramide upside down, but it will never ever happen.
Because if there are only millionaires, who will collect the trash? Who will serve the drinks? who will cut people's hair?

This obvious bad installation/situation cannot be solved just because of positive thinking and "sending out wishes to the universe".

Do you people don't recognize that this whole movie is made up like an advertising? Showing good dressed "Secret"-witnesses, of these some aren't even able to state their revolutionary knowledge about "the secret" without reading it from the teleprompter.

Why does "Dr." Vitale not send out the message to the universe "let my hair grow again" if he is able to get the wish of juvenescence to be fullfilled.

The wish of the boy just is fullfilled because his grandpa has the financial capacity, if the boy would live in Afghanistan it wouldn't be fullfilled however how strongly he wishes it.

Of course they are rich and have luck but it's just because they sell 100-thousands of books and DVDs where they state this and not because they got a present from universe.

Do you think 40 million children starve every year just because they didn't state their wish of a piece of bread to the universe correctly?
Or do you think a poor bootblack in Bangladesh has deserved his misery because he does not think positvely?
Or was Martin Luther King just assassinated because he thought negatively? And JFK too? And Mandela was imprisoned for decades because of the same reason?

And the example of the "gratitude rock" of the man and his son in South Africa is ridiculous. He just got cured because of good medicine or because of luck and I don't want to exclude self-regulating forces, but not of a stupid rock.
During the boy has the luck of cure, ten miles around him there are dying hundreds of others because they got AIDS by their mothers.
Is it just because they hadn't this stupid stone? C'mon!

This is unbeliveable to state - it's almost an evil ideology "people just living in misery because they think negative - so they deserve it"!
Lord Jesus would have condemned these people as false prophets and Albert Einstein, who they abuse in this concoction, would have kicked their asses. He said: "There are two infinite things, the universe and human stupidity!"

The only good thing in this movie was the idea to think of the appreciating aspects on other persons and not in their vices - that's a good attitude.
But one is able to find that out without this hocus-pocus.
Altogether this whole movie is a mixture of superstition and esoteric witch-faith, made up like a toothpaste-advertising.

People follow to an good old proverb:"Heaven (GOD) helps those who help themselves.!"

Antaletriangle 09-12-2008 03:53 PM

Yeah i go along those lines Kinglear;i was trying to illustrate in my short reply that positive energies should be given away freely tp help less fortunate souls;not hoarded for personal gain and wealth-dead simple!

Phtha 09-12-2008 04:27 PM

I've watched the film and I agree that is is a little to glossed over and hollywoody so to speak. Using this law to attract love and personal wealth only proves the type they are trying to target with this movie.

The law of attraction is very real and has been known since olden times, but what the film fails to mention is that working with the law of attraction is not something you just sit down and do. It's a mastery and depending on the individual can take years to properly understand how to work with it.

Telling someone to just start working with the law of attraction would be the equivalent to telling anyone who has never played the piano before to sit at one and play Chopin. :shocked:

SirKnight 09-12-2008 05:19 PM

The Secret:

I am sorry but I see this only as a new age gimmic to help the film makers get rich. All of the information that I have viewed is nothing more then the same universial laws I was taught while studying "Science Of Mind" classes 30-40 years ago. :sleep_1:

Now it's wraped in a nice pretty package giving others the impression that this was an unknown secret that has now been discovered. There is nothing secret about these teachings. They have been around for many many years.

Phoenix 09-12-2008 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirKnight (Post 8850)
The Secret:

I am sorry but I see this only as a new age gimmic to help the film makers get rich. All of the information that I have viewed is nothing more then the same universial laws I was taught while studying "Science Of Mind" classes 30-40 years ago. :sleep_1:

Now it's wraped in a nice pretty package giving others the impression that this was an unknown secret that has now been discovered. There is nothing secret about these teachings. They have been around for many many years.

Yep, it concentrates on just one of the seven Hermetic principles.

Mike_Jetson 09-12-2008 05:56 PM

I agree it comes across a bit gushy and focussed too much on people making money but the reasons people have criticized it seem to be more about the film than the principle. Many people on this forum will have much more experience than your average truth seeker in the areas of positive energy and thought.

To be honest it seems like some of you are unhappy because a group of folk have turned this into a 'product'. I know very few people who even agree with me about the power of positive thought but listening to you folks, you just sound like people who know it all already and expect everyone else to think this is all obvious :)

Courtier 09-14-2008 01:35 AM

i think the secret is just an intro to the subject to get the people interested.. there is a lot of knowledge on this

live your life by the law http://www.universallawstoday.com/Articles/loa.html , keep away from negative people, pray for their ignorance to be gone, give love to everyone you meet and to the world as whole,....and you'll be fine! Guaranteed!!!
This is from cabbala: "...I'm never a victim. I'm responsible for everything that happens in my life. And for understanding that,- it happens for the best!"

uboslav 09-17-2008 09:25 PM

I too was unsure if the secret or law of attraction was truthful. For me it took a clairvoyant to confirm that this was a reality and that we have the ability to deliberately create.
I was then led to The Teachings of Abraham by Esther Hicks which are the real teachings of the law of attraction. They have changed my life beyond belief. Unexplainable things have happened to me since I have been inline with myself and on the stream of well being :)

DoctorTony 09-17-2008 09:33 PM

The Law of Attraction seems pretty real to me. However, the whole Secret propaganda left an utter trail of the world is a candy store mentality. I do agree with King Lear that the wealth is in the hands of those who take advantage of those who are of lower financial status. That is the whole reason for trying to destroy the middle class. People at the top of the chain will control the lower class. Kind of sounds like what's going on to an extent now.
I do, however, believe in abundance for ALL. There does have to be a balance though.
The complaint I have about The Secret is that it does not consider the Effort or Action steps taken to acheive your manifestation. It takes time, but requires constant planning and vision and ACTION. There is NO FREE LUNCH - so I've been told.

Read Wallace Wattle's book The Science of Getting Rich, Napolean Hill's Think & Grow Rich, Florence Schinn's The Game of Life and How to Play It and As A Man Think It by James Allen. These books are where the Secret got it's influence. The books were written from 70-100 yrs ago and still apply now & forever.

:original:

Nik 09-17-2008 09:42 PM

I watched The Secret several times now, and although I too find it rather 'Hollywoody' there is still an underlying message of truth.

More recently I read 'Happier than God' by Donald Walsch (author of Conversations with God). Now this book really put the content of The Secret into a more encompassing and 'connected' perspective. In Happier than God, Walsch also addresses the concern felt by many with regard to reconciling The Law of Attraction and simply horrible circumstances.

Bigfatfurrytexan 09-17-2008 10:08 PM

A moderator at ATS (and a wonderful person as well) has posted the following thread on The Law Of Attraction:

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread326476/pg1'

Sorry to link to there...but it is really good info. The moderator is also an author (no, i won't divulge his/her true name) of some of the books that will be mentioned later in this thread, i am sure.

2infinityandbeyond 09-17-2008 10:17 PM

Hey there guys.

A word of caution when approaching the secret. If it does interest you then i would advise you to learn more about it elsewhere.

The Secret is just a buttered up version of the law of attraction, but it contains many flaws and if you follow it as it explains how then you will end up much worse off then you are now.

The universe is not your vending machine, and to treat it as such will eventually make your life very difficult.

Peace and best wishes.

Circlewerk 09-17-2008 11:26 PM

I don't know about you guys, but when I immerse my attention in any one area for a long enough amount of time, such as skepticism, religion, the nightly news, or any theory, I tend to think in terms of "this is how it is, this is so."
Only when I step outside of all that is offered as truth (whether it has scientific backing or not ), and process it by way of being neutral, detached & objective, am I better able to process what is true, FOR ME.
I've seen the secret, I listened to Esther Hicks channel Abraham for years, I've read plenty of books concerning different spiritual perspectives, I've had my time watching the news, seeing all the supposed atrocities around the globe, I've been the supposed "victim" of violent crimes and sexual abuse, and I'm left here standing with my own perspective, experience & truth. Much is remembered with impact, in retrospect.

It has been my experience that my focused thoughts which become emotions, absolutely DO attract a like energy.
Whether that is through an individual or a circumstance, now that I pay attention, I see the fruits of my focus, my vibration.

If you agree with those who speak on the law of attraction, or not, has zero effect on me.
I'm taking responsibility for my vibration, not holding others hostage with my self created dramas by pointing the finger as if my feelings are their fault.
I'm free now.
Aware that my thoughts create my feelings, which attract like frequencies, in my now.
My happiness, is not contingent upon anything outside of me.

The message I got from The Secret, was the freedom that comes by way of taking responsibility for my life, and doing my part to add to the overall vibration of mankind. It doesn't take a physicist to figure out that love feels good, fear feels bad. So I focus on feeling good. And trust me, it has taken years of breaking through the programmed fear & division, to get to a place where I give myself permission to feel good no matter what.

I did not get the message that I can have whatever I want by thinking happy shiny thoughts all the time. I find it baffling that so many DID in fact get that message.
It is telling of their own paradigm.

When it comes to attracting bad, such as the case kinglear mentioned about the starved people on this planet, you consider them less fortunate because you judge from your perspective, as if your perspective is better than, a have, as opposed to a have not. Yet you decided "having" is the best place to be in life. As if no happiness can be derived from being without.
Ego.
It is innate, that we desire a good feeling. I've had nothing, with nowhere to go, and been on top of the world emotionally. Survival.

From a neutral place, which the universe is, there is a blanket force of expansive, unconditional energy.
Where everything is nothing.
Here, in this dimension, we label the crap out of everything, as if these definitions are real.
They are nothing more than a temporary convenience, created so that you can attach identification to them.
Un-Real.
Everything is nothing until it is labeled, and the label we attach to any thing, will only decide how we feel about it. Conditioning.

Until I had realized that I was responsible for my entire life, I pointed the fingers at those who victimized me..I felt the burden of the man-made definition "victim," and all that paid professionals told me would go along with that title. My future was determined by my focus, and my focus was ef'd with from a young age, I was told what to think, I was told what I was, "victim".

I played out the lie, because I was focused on it, it had become a belief.

A belief is in fact, nothing more than the same thoughts repeated over & over.
Have any of you ever believed something in your core, that you eventually came to understand as false, if not only for you?

If you're in this forum, chances are, this is the case.

When I got brutally honest with myself, I could see that I had a part in attracting the abuse.
But it was never titled "abuse" until other programmed humans feeding on the ego machine told me it was.
I was a kid..I took the bait, and fought a one man war for years because of it.

I am not here to tell everyone they need to believe that the law of attraction is a very real & definitive power..
I am writing about my experience, which happens to correlate with the very fabric of not only that law, but the other 6 as well.
There is synergy there, there is balance. A confirmation that WE as a race are responsible for our own future, and can have the bliss we desire if we create it with a focused intent. This is not about an outside hierarchy coming to save us~ We created this, we can create differently too.
If I continue to look at this world through my ego lens, I will not be doing my part to change it into what I prefer.
Love.
Be against whatever you want..you feed the very thing you are against when you focus on it.
Know that.
I know that, so I focus on what I am for.
Observing all that this world offers, summing it up to necessary contrast, I direct my attention to what I prefer.
Taking actions that support that feeling, that desire..
And because I am aware of this power I have, the next logical step makes it's way to me, every time.
This has been my truth.
The only reason a bald man cannot manifest a head of hair, is because he believes he can't.

Circles,
CW

2infinityandbeyond 09-17-2008 11:32 PM

Hi there Circlework :)

Something you said there urged me to respond. Its not that i dont believe in some of the methods in "The Secret" because i understand and agree with a lot of it.
I know your statement was not directed at me but id like to say this anyway.

Controling your thoughts so that you attract stuff that resonates with you is an amazing process and i have no disagrements with it.

I would just like to urge people to be cautious about requesting too much stuff off the universe without giving anything back.

I much prefer to control my energies so that i am optimistic and happy, that way i get all the good things in life without ever having to ask for them. Anyways, i just feel guilty for asking for stuff without giving anything back, im an old sod i know :original:

Nik 09-18-2008 03:18 PM

Well said both Circlewerk and 2infinityandbeyond...

For yet another perspective, check out 'The Peaceful Warrior' (I watched the movie). Powerful , inspirational, and not at all 'vending-machine' oriented. :D

2infinityandbeyond 09-18-2008 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik (Post 18583)
For yet another perspective, check out 'The Peaceful Warrior' (I watched the movie). Powerful , inspirational, and not at all 'vending-machine' oriented. :D

Thank you for that Nik, i havent seen that movie yet so i'll check it out.

Nik 09-18-2008 10:03 PM

Glad to help! :D

maya12-21-2012 09-22-2008 12:14 AM

The Secret / LoA, works if you firmly believe it will work. Th real secret behind the secret, is firmly believing that your end goals have already been met. This is the biggest difference between those who it's worked for and those it hasn't.

Also, the LoA always seems to work the best when your goals are geared toward humanity and not ego.

Chris Parson 09-22-2008 12:19 AM

there are no ordinary moments. :original:

Nik 09-22-2008 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Parson (Post 24112)
there are no ordinary moments. :original:

There's never nothing going on. ;)

banshee 09-22-2008 01:31 AM

Delete

2infinityandbeyond 09-22-2008 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banshee (Post 24224)
There is only one secret...and that is Rhonda Byrne's **** is getting sued.
The secret is an old concept....it lacks substance and dwells too much into material possessions ;)

Bingo!

The secret should be used to manifest good for all, not just good for self.

I know many people who are having difficulty with it and many more who have abandoned it altogether. The reason it doesnt work for them is because they adopt a 'me, me, me' attitude.

It works well for those worthy of its power. And that does not extend to selfish egotistical people. Its something that made me think seriously about the nature of the universe and how we know if we are walking the correct path. If you are getting rewarded for doing good then you are working in conjunction with the universal inteligence, and to me that must be the right path.

JSErwine 09-22-2008 03:43 AM

To me this sounds like trading spiritual wealth for material wealth, which leads to yet another trip around the same mountain. Personaly I would give up all material to explore a new mountain.