Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE)

Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) (http://projectavalon.net/forum/index.php)
-   Project Avalon General Discussion (http://projectavalon.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Enki as Goddess (http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19894)

omshanti 02-07-2010 12:22 AM

Enki as Goddess

Given the inconclusive interpretation regarding Sumerian Clay Tablets...is it not possible that Enki/Ea could in fact be female: the goddess...??

The name translates as "house of water" (the womb) and indeed Enki was the "scientist" who cloned/created humans or, as Sitchin writes, homo sapiens sapiens. Enki was given the epithet, "god of widsom/keeper of secrets", and was associated with horns/crescent moons/fins/water- all feminine attributes in terms of seeing through the lens of duality.
Enki, as first born (to Anu) also did not stand to inherit the throne (reason never fully explained). Why not? S/he was not male perhaps...??

It is well known that scriptures/ancient sources subvert the presence of the goddess. his-"story" as it were...why?
The people of Sumer were patriarchal and war-faring in terms of their social structure...more the "blade" (in terms of the chalice and the blade). obviously these very people scribed versions of their past upon clay tablets.
and recorders of history always have an agenda.

So you maybe asking, well, so what...?
my point, is the necessity to reclaim the feminine face of Creation: that there is a need to integrate this aspect that has been deeply wounded, robbed, censored and destroyed. If we are to "ascend" duality into unity consciousness (to open and trust our hearts, thus raise frequency) this needs to happen on a personal and collective level.
Reclaiming distortions of our past stories is a means of correcting imbalance.

I found Robert Morningsky's linguist research about the name "Adam" most interesting...he proposes that Adam is female, the feminine principal. "Eve", meant at the side of...coming out of the woman.

Personally I have found Sumerian mytho-stories makes more sense much (and palatable!) with Enki as Goddess....

Chamber 02-07-2010 01:24 AM

Re: Enki as Goddess

Just from memory I think Enlil was the elder....Enki being the younger brother. I could be wrong though.

But it is an interesting theory. Regardless if Enki was male or female I think the same theory still sticks. Being a high up 'equal opportunity' deity would still pose a huge threat to a patriarchy.

I've often speculated on these type of things. The sort of demonization of the feminine principle.

Enki - Lord of the world.
Lucifer - Lord of The Morning...also called The Morning Star.

And what's the morning star? Venus. The planet named after the Roman Goddess of Love.

And all this reminded me of the John Lear interview where he's joking around and saying how Venus is supposedly this awful planet with a sulfur atmosphere and oceans of acid and basically a nasty place. He's implying it was all just sorta made up so people would ignore Venus even though he believes there are civilizations there.

No one questions anything about the planet Venus....everything is Mars Mars Mars Mars. Mars was the Roman god of war.

So here you have this feminine concept of Venus.....a male concept of Mars.....and Earth right smack in between them.

And the patriarchy says "Oh no forget about Venus...it's a nasty awful place....look here at Mars...it's much nicer."

Just a few of my thought patterns.

omshanti 02-07-2010 02:43 AM

yes, more venus in the psyche!
anton parks views venus as nibiru
inanna (over lay of goddess archetype enki?)
is also associated with the morning/evening star, planet venus...
the pentagram also marks the path of venus (as it makes its eight year journey around the sun) well, this is how the ancients once viewed this sacred geometrical orbit against a backdrop of fixed stars...
interesting also how mitochondrial dna passes via female line...

Phtha 02-07-2010 03:28 AM

Good points it makes some sense for sure. I wonder how long that this same imba|ance has been going on for.

I like Eliphas Levis take on Adam and Eve, I'll type it here:

"
ADAM is the human tetragram, summed up in the mysterious JOD, type of kabalistic phallus. By adding to this JOD the triadic name of EVE, the name Jehova is formed, the Divine Tetragram, which is eminently the kabalistic and magical word http://www.esotericarchives.com/solomon/sw_13b.gif orYHVH/JHVH, being that which the high-priest in the temple pronounced JODCHEVA. So unity, complete in the fruitfulness of the triad, forms therewith the tetrad, which is the key of all numbers, movements and all forms. By a revolution about its own centre, the square produces a circle to itself, and this is the quadrature of the circle, the circular movement of four equal angles around the same point. "

And if we align the Tetragrammaton vertically we get androgynous man. :lmao:
http://colline.dk/yhwh-vertical2.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by omshanti (Post 234519)

I found Robert Morningsky's linguist research about the name "Adam" most interesting...he proposes that Adam is female, the feminine principal. "Eve", meant at the side of...coming out of the woman.

Chamber 02-07-2010 04:14 AM

Just something interesting I pullled from the Enki page on Wikipedia:

"In character Enki is not a jester or trickster god, he is never a cheat, and although fooled, he is not a fool. Enki uses his magic for the good of others when called upon to help either a deity or a human. Enki is always true to his own essence as a masculine nurturer. He is fundamentally a trouble-shooter god, and avoids or disarms those who bring conflict and death to the world. He is the mediator whose compassion and sense of humour breaks and disarms the wrath of his stern half-brother, Enlil, king of the gods. He is the Challenger who tests the limits of Inanna in the myth Enki and Inanna and the Me and then concedes graciously his defeat by the young goddess of Love and War, by strengthening the bonds between Eridu and her city of Uruk. So he becomes the Empowerer of Inanna."

That sounds like one balanced dude to me. :thumb_yello:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enki

orthodoxymoron 02-07-2010 05:07 AM

How about an alternately Good and Evil Interdimensional Reptilian Being perfectly possessing various Human Beings who served as the Gods and Goddesses of This World? Could Gabriel, Michael, and Lucifer be the prime candidates for who this hypothetical Reptilian really was and is? Or...have they been battling for control of the Human Race since the beginning of our history. Even if what I'm suggesting is complete BS...think in terms of three beings who never die...and who never forget their reincarnational past...and who have not been dumbed down in any way, shape, or form. Think three major factions...which underlie All of Human History. I am seeing the Goddess as being the dominant underlying historical and contemporary force...despite the apparent Patriarchal Dominance...wherein we males were given the illusion of power...while really being enslaved by the ladies!!!!:lol3: I'm both joking and serious. The male/female, race, national, and religious rivalries may be at the center of how we have been controlled as Prisoners of War on this Prison Planet. Check out these related threads. 1. http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18223 2. http://projectavalon.net/forum/showt...%2C+lucifer%3F

:mfr_lol:Namaste:mfr_omg:

omshanti 02-07-2010 10:01 PM

hey ortho

have to agree that the Goddess is "the dominant underlying historical and contemporary force"...emphasis on the under-lying though...behind the veil, so to speak. We Humans are born through the female, we all carry the X chromo (so at at some stage were female) then some take on Y, morph into males...The energy to create is the Goddess...why it makes sense that Enki is a female (unless hermaphrodite). Why is/was there a need to violently push down the presence of the Goddess?

orthodoxymoron 02-07-2010 11:53 PM

Consider God/Satan, Gabriel, Michael, and Lucifer. I'm almost afraid to really dig into this...and I've been putting it off. There's the 'book answers'...and then there are the 'real answers'. It's the potential 'real answers' that are frightening me. As I've stated elsewhere...my New Theology is Christocentric Egyptological Science Fiction...and very non-traditional. Most of religion and history is BS...but there is still the underlying truth...which should not be ignored. Hathor may be the key to Enki as Goddess. I'm not sure why...but it sounded cool! :lol3: Here is a very interesting music video...which I keep referring back to. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3A6_blpqpU Also...here is a Stargate SG-1 episode titled 'Hathor'. http://www.hulu.com/watch/62967/stargate-sg-1-hathor Listen very carefully to what gets said in this episode. But heck...why not get the 'truth' straight from the horse's mouth? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrEgoXieg0E Here is a rather dull link which contains a few tidbits of interesting information. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoPg3...eature=related Could this pretty preacher (I'm in love!) approximate a modern manifestation of Hathor? http://pastormelissascott.com/ Do a little research on this last one. You'll be amazed...

:thumbdown:Namaste:thumb_yello:

jaby 02-08-2010 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omshanti (Post 234838)
hey ortho

have to agree that the Goddess is "the dominant underlying historical and contemporary force"...emphasis on the under-lying though...behind the veil, so to speak. We Humans are born through the female, we all carry the X chromo (so at at some stage were female) then some take on Y, morph into males...The energy to create is the Goddess...why it makes sense that Enki is a female (unless hermaphrodite). Why is/was there a need to violently push down the presence of the Goddess?

Interesting idea about Enki....maybe all our very distant ancestors were
hermaphrodite ? Or female ?

This thing about us maybe being 'created' as a slave race...well the slaves
would need to be strong physically if they were to take over the hard manual
labour that the Anunnaki (or who-ever) didn't want to do.

If Sitchin is correct...

So perhaps they 'made' a strong human by creating the male.
The male as we know him now. Testosterone would have beefed up
the slave-race, maybe. But testosterone also added the potential for
violence? For the hierarchy that is headed by the Alpha Male. Which
is all to do with who's sperm gets used....and the fighting that goes
with it. (to put it in a nut-shell....:original:)

Perhaps the supression of the goddess and the female is down to the
hormone, testosterone? Originally added for physical strength...

orthodoxymoron 02-08-2010 12:58 AM

Are Human Males the real slave race? :mfr_omg:

omshanti 02-08-2010 11:54 PM

jaby- yeah- higher testosterone levels increase aggession/violence (and physical strength)...and also sexual libido (lots of this in sumerian texts)and obviously this steriod hormone produces facial/body hair -...an interesting departure from the scales/fins/serpent line of Enki. And the serpent is heavily associated with the Goddess in archaeomythology, art and ancient scripture.

In relation to Sitchin's analysis...given the technical know-how of the annunaki, why not develop machine beings with no soul to mine for gold?
No "theory" relating to the annunaki is set in stone that is for sure.

Earth is a water planet after all and, perhaps, with the rise in galctic radiation via the sun portal our dna changes will return (some of us) to the waters....

observer 02-09-2010 01:41 AM

The great ages of history must be kept in perspective whenever discussing origins of Humanity, i.e. the age of Taurus, Aries, the age we are just leaving, Pisces, or the one we are now entering, Aquarius. An "age" of time is linked to the great procession of equinoxes and represents approximately 26,000 years. The creation of the human species dates back - by all accounts - several hundred thousand years.

The accounts of the Sumerians date back from the 3rd to the 6th millenium BC or about 5,000 to 8,000 years ago, so they are only the records of an "understanding" regarding the origins of man.

It is interesting to note, however, the mythologies of the antediluvian civilizations, i.e. Lemuria, Atlantis, etc. all speak of societies where woman were the Goddess/Rulers. Acknowledging, even these civilizations don't approach the times of the origins of man, it is an interesting concept that a woman may have created homo sapien.

I have little problem with this concept because the Cathars (the last living social structure of the ancient Gnostic tradition) believed that Amour was the Goddess of All Creation.

The Cathars, however, are a completely different discussion....