Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE)

Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) (http://projectavalon.net/forum/index.php)
-   UK (http://projectavalon.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Devon and Cornwall people!! (http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=469)

Kulapops 10-10-2008 08:25 PM

Re: Devon and Cornwall people!!

Ok Here goes !

The first 'meeting' of the D&C... held by unilateral decision at the Grand Central Pub... Torbay Road October 10th....

That is... I'm going to the pub. I'll be wearing a blue t-shirt with a green frog on it. Anyone reading this is welcome to tap me on the shoulder and say hello in the pub to me. :original:

Strand may well be joining me... but after several attempts at contacting each other it's looking a little flaky ! So I'm going to be bold... I'm going to be brave... I'm stepping out of the forum into the real world where beer and talk costs money...

Strand - I really hope you read this and come on down. Look, even if just two of us meet up it will be a start - if only to compare knitting patterns.

I detect an air of frivolity in between the doom and gloom, so I'm taking the bit and heading out into synchronicity land. See you there... you're all welcome to join me.

And if it's just me at the bar for the next hour, I can handle my own company (I spend enough time in it at this PC !!)

Peace and love...

Strand ?? Get your shoes.... we're (i'm ? ) going outside....

K

Kulapops 10-10-2008 11:42 PM

:partytime2:

Just wanted to post the minutes of the first D&C meeting (that I'm aware of!):

I met with Strand in a bar. Whe-hey ! We exist. That proves it :wink2:

We didn't exactly sort out the worlds problems 'en toto' but we did compare knitting patterns.

No, we didn't compare tactics for hoarding food, or snaring rabbits, or avoiding sheeple - but we did make a rather human connection - We verified that we both exist, and are both human !(well the pupils defnitely looked circular to me rather than slitted :thumb_yello:).

I think that would be neat to do that again. Perhaps next time with a bit more notice we might get a few more along. But fair play to you to coming away from the PC at short notice Strand :smoke:.

Nice to have met you. Hope to meet the rest of you some day...

Till the next ... signing out...

Peace n love

K

Caladan 10-12-2008 01:28 PM

Hi guys,

I just got back from holiday and its nice to be back.
Glad to hear we are starting to meet up. If I was back in the country on time I would have loved to have gone to the pub for a meeting.

If you set up a meeting again Kulapops, you can count on me coming. Just give me as much notice as possible.

Cheers.

Kulapops 10-14-2008 12:22 AM

Hi Caladan,

Sorry you missed us ! I hope there'll be another meet sometime. If anyone wants to organise anything - I guess this thread is the place to do it.

I've got a daily email things for this thread (I'm new to forums so don't laugh if that's an obvious thing to do! Or laugh :original: I don't mind... be happy :naughty:) so I'd recommend setting up a subscription to this thread if anyone's local and passes through this thread... that way you'll know if something crops up.

Cheers !

:cheers:

rhythm 10-14-2008 08:46 AM

yealet me know too if you dont mind having , a female along , i can blend in with u guys
, just think of me as one of the lads , CHEERS rhythm .

Kulapops 10-14-2008 02:10 PM

Yep... pipes, glasses with false noses and slippers will be provided, it will be hard to recognise you from the others...

:original:

rhythm 10-16-2008 11:28 AM

er that sounds like the perfct picture of me , who told you .
keep up the humor , bring back the balance my man .
catch yer later .

leeboy 10-19-2008 05:07 PM

HI GUYS!!
Leeboy here, im so pleased that there are so many of us down here. Weve all been hiding in the shadows for so long and i feel in my soul that our time is comming. I dont know if this is good or bad we will just have to wait and see, in the meantime keeping a positive attitude is the best defence against the powers that be. As for setting up rally points in the event of the worst that is very sensible idea, also if things get realy bad then we need to have basic information regarding the location of fresh water, shelter and food also fuel and the means to obtain it would be a problem. The threat of the advanced weapons that may be in existence also means we could do with some form of mechanical / engineering advice on how to repair communications,, vehicles etc in the event of an EMP burst or some similar event. Most of all setting up a network of communication in the event of the internet failing and telecommunications would be very advisable. Remember together we stand divided we will fall, all of this that is happening on the financial stage at the minute and stupid things like the smoking ban are all designed to keep us seperated and in our homes, no social interaction leads to people believing all that they see and read and so amount to another form of control. We can stop this and we must this is our world it has not been provided for a small handfull of scumbags to rule over us all. Another thing to bear in mind any, "social modification experiments", would most likely be trialled in remote areas such as cornwall where travel, power and communication can be controlled far more easily than a large city. I myself live in Reawla which is near to Camborne and pretty isolated.
Anyway enough of the doom and gloom we are all here for the same reason and that is the truth and we will get to it the wheels that are now turning will see to it
Best wishes and peace to all

Caladan 10-19-2008 06:41 PM

Hi leeboy,

Welcome to the forum mate. I agree with a lot of what you say. Fresh water locations would be invaluable should the worst ever happen and i suggest we should all make it common knowledge. With the financial crisis building up, I'm starting to lose hope that we can stop the powers that be from completing what ever plan they had on the table. I believe time is running out and my main concern now is to take the groups on here and form us into a group outside of the internet, together and on the ground. If the whole world caved in around us, I'd like to know that we could all come together to help each other.

Any ideas friends?

leeboy 10-19-2008 11:52 PM

thanks for the greet caladan.
I personally think we need to make preperations for the worst case scenario sooner rather than later, in case of total technology breakdown. The first thing we should do is find out where all of our ground crew is and come up with staged meeting points to pick up members along the way to wherever. we need to give different members or groups of members roles such as, communications, food and water, shelter etc. We need to find somewhere safe, maybe underground to use as a bolthole to either ride out the worst of whatever or to make "home", we need to ultimatley get out of the uk as i dont think there will be anywhere safe in the aftermath of whatever occurs, so maybe info about europe and safe havens there ie: the swiss alps etc. we may need advance souting parties (may sound extreme) but if the worst happens then the weak and unprepared would be easy targets for desperate groups looking for food etc. so we may even need some form of protection? The main thing to remember is we would be totally reliant upon each other and to avoid any form of authority that may exist official or otherwise.
The best bet would be to hope and pray for the best but plan for the worst. Whatever plan is decided upon all members MUST be aware of its existence. Unfortunately we may all have to become people we dont like in order to get through this and survive.
Hope. Pray. Prepare.
Thanks mate take it easy.

Caladan 10-20-2008 05:46 PM

I completely agree with what your saying lee. Some people think we are nuts when talking like this and I hope they're right. But in either case we should all be prepared. If you ever find your way down this end (Newquay) give me a shout and I'd be glad to chat over a beer. Good to have you onboard mate.

leeboy 10-20-2008 08:48 PM

I will defo take you up on that mate but this whole credit crunch ******** has cost me a few months work so im a bit screwed financially at mo but we will prevail. We have to dont we. I dont know much about computers and web page things but it may be a good idea to have some sort of digital map of devon and cornwall where people who are in our ground crew could indicate their location (no addresses or anything for obvious reasons) that way you or i could start to come up with some form of exodus that would allow us to pick up members, i was thinking of somerset as a tempory place somewhere like cheddar gorge perhaps. More to the point the rest of the southwest group should pick up the slack a bit as the clock is ticking, meeting up in public is beneficial only as far as personal relations go, we know we are all going to get on otherwise why would we be on this forum? we need to start this plan now, so everyone should get their thinking hats on and start to post ideas or thoughts this is the only way we have a chance should the worst happen (god forbid) work together is the key take individual responsibility for ourselves together.
sorry to sound like a preacher my friend but we all need to wake up to the trurh, freedom is a dying thing and the majority of the public are quite happy to let it happen or there is still a feeling of what can we do? We can do all we can to come out the other side relativley intact its our duty to each other.
Hope. Pray. Prepare
Take care, (by the way what is caladan off its bugging me)

Caladan 10-20-2008 10:42 PM

Hi lee,
My name on here is from the book's called Dune, Written by Frank Herbert. It's the Home planet of the house Atradies if you know it.:original:

Your right. We need to have a big meet with all the guys from this thread, not just to talk about what could be coming but to get to know each other. It's a great thing we have this forum to come together, lets make the most of it.

Kulapops 10-20-2008 11:12 PM

Hi Leeboy, welcome to D & C !

Rhythm - you managed to get that picture on your avatar after all ... neat :original:

I agree with what you say Leeboy... that we must keep a positive attitude. In fact a few weeks ago, I was thinking along the lines that you mention... water... grouping together, working out how to survive...

But lately I've been changing my mind about that a bit. I think that there are some 'holes' in the survival logic (imo) and it's just something I'm weighing up right now. But it seems to me, that as far as one goes to be 'prepared' in that post apocalyptic scenario, there's a step further that someone else can go that puts one's plans to nothing.

For example, you grow your own veggies on dartmoor.... someone comes and finds them and pinches them. So you set a patrol ? someone comes and nobbles the patrol ? Anything you own, you then have to protect from those that don't own it and maybe looking for it.

So maybe the real (r)evolution for me is when it gradually dawns on everyone that we're all in this (planet) together... and actually the only way forward is for people to see that everyone needs help, or at least our core values need to change for all :wub2:. And that is the sticking point for me with 'survival', because it seems largely concerned with the individual or an individual group. (yes.. I've thought too about hiding out with others till 'the worst is over' but that's a future that gives in to fear too... )

The difficulty theoretically for me with that scenario is that you end up 'preserving' a section of the population who's core values are in fact not much different from the society they then go on to replace. See what I mean? Even if they are more enlightened, if they are thinking, if we got to think even for a second 'sc*w everyone else who ain't prepared'...then we're no different..and we'll ultimately just have a new elite group before too long, with probably even more barbaric rules.

I don't know this site that well, but I'm guessing from what I've seen that this is a line that roughly divides two schools of thought. The lets get prepared and the lets wake everybody up. Ok, maybe I'm not clever enough to paraphrase what this site is about.. but maybe you get my drift.

No kidding, I bought a fishing line and some hooks...got some matches, got a nice pair of walking boots (If I got nothing else from October 7th :wink2:). But I also started thinking too, as you've written...

"Unfortunately we may all have to become people we dont like in order to get through this and survive." - Or in my case... there's a lot of stuff I'm going to have to do... or my life is going to become miserable... and I'm going to have to exist while people are in a whole lot of trouble... but I'll be alright...

And then I started thinking... 'but then I wouldn't be me anymore.'. I've lived my life so far always considering others, and if someone else is in pain or hurt (even emotionally) then I feel that dissonance. (god help me then when everyone's running round like in Debenhams on Boxing Day :shocked:)

And I thought... hang on... is this my fear of what could happen to me talking?. There is no need to be afraid in life - unless it's actually happening to me right now. In which case my natural instincts will kick in. Run, jump, fight, or go see a movie. :original:

Being afraid can also become a way of life, and I now notice with reading a lot on this subject of all the evil plans that are possibly out there against me, that that's exactly what had started to happen for me.

So now I'm swinging back the other way. towards trust and faith. Faith in us, that is everyone, faith in those who are waking up sooner than some others, faith in the planet, faith in 'the force' or whatever you will.

Maybe I'll be one of the first swept out with the tide :original:.

But I think the work of connection here with like and unlike minds is the real important work, of discussion and understanding of point of view.. and yes... meeting people for real too.

Here at D&C it's a very interesting time ! (btw who said 'may you live in interesting times' ? - looks like we got our wish !)

look forward to getting to know you all, new arrivals and old posters alike...

peace n love

K

P.S. can I plug my thread on fear in the spirituality section :original:?? (which was a turning point for me... :trumpet:) http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=5475

It's not half as popular as

http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=3594

:wink2:

P.P.S Sorry about the inordinately long post (doesn't he just go on.. and on... and on.... ????). But perhaps like some of you, I'm new to all of this and finding my way as I go. I'll get snappier, promise !

leeboy 10-21-2008 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caladan (Post 57198)
Hi lee,
My name on here is from the book's called Dune, Written by Frank Herbert. It's the Home planet of the house Atradies if you know it.:original:

Your right. We need to have a big meet with all the guys from this thread, not just to talk about what could be coming but to get to know each other. It's a great thing we have this forum to come together, lets make the most of it.

AH!! now i remember, Arakis, Harkonnan, the spice and the bloody sand worms!!

leeboy 10-21-2008 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kulapops (Post 57225)

Rhythm - you managed to get that picture on your avatar after all ... neat :original:

I agree with what you say Leeboy... that we must keep a positive attitude. In fact a few weeks ago, I was thinking along the lines that you mention... water... grouping together, working out how to survive...

But lately I've been changing my mind about that a bit. I think that there are some 'holes' in the survival logic (imo) and it's just something I'm weighing up right now. But it seems to me, that as far as one goes to be 'prepared' in that post apocalyptic scenario, there's a step further that someone else can go that puts one's plans to nothing.

For example, you grow your own veggies on dartmoor.... someone comes and finds them and pinches them. So you set a patrol ? someone comes and nobbles the patrol ? Anything you own, you then have to protect from those that don't own it and maybe looking for it.

So maybe the real (r)evolution for me is when it gradually dawns on everyone that we're all in this (planet) together... and actually the only way forward is for people to see that everyone needs help, or at least our core values need to change for all :wub2:. And that is the sticking point for me with 'survival', because it seems largely concerned with the individual or an individual group. (yes.. I've thought too about hiding out with others till 'the worst is over' but that's a future that gives in to fear too... )

The difficulty theoretically for me with that scenario is that you end up 'preserving' a section of the population who's core values are in fact not much different from the society they then go on to replace. See what I mean? Even if they are more enlightened, if they are thinking, if we got to think even for a second 'sc*w everyone else who ain't prepared'...then we're no different..and we'll ultimately just have a new elite group before too long, with probably even more barbaric rules.

I don't know this site that well, but I'm guessing from what I've seen that this is a line that roughly divides two schools of thought. The lets get prepared and the lets wake everybody up. Ok, maybe I'm not clever enough to paraphrase what this site is about.. but maybe you get my drift.

No kidding, I bought a fishing line and some hooks...got some matches, got a nice pair of walking boots (If I got nothing else from October 7th :wink2:). But I also started thinking too, as you've written...

"Unfortunately we may all have to become people we dont like in order to get through this and survive." - Or in my case... there's a lot of stuff I'm going to have to do... or my life is going to become miserable... and I'm going to have to exist while people are in a whole lot of trouble... but I'll be alright...

And then I started thinking... 'but then I wouldn't be me anymore.'. I've lived my life so far always considering others, and if someone else is in pain or hurt (even emotionally) then I feel that dissonance. (god help me then when everyone's running round like in Debenhams on Boxing Day :shocked:)

And I thought... hang on... is this my fear of what could happen to me talking?. There is no need to be afraid in life - unless it's actually happening to me right now. In which case my natural instincts will kick in. Run, jump, fight, or go see a movie. :original:

Being afraid can also become a way of life, and I now notice with reading a lot on this subject of all the evil plans that are possibly out there against me, that that's exactly what had started to happen for me.

So now I'm swinging back the other way. towards trust and faith. Faith in us, that is everyone, faith in those who are waking up sooner than some others, faith in the planet, faith in 'the force' or whatever you will.

But I think the work of connection here with like and unlike minds is the real important work, of discussion and understanding of point of view.. and yes... meeting people for real too.

Here at D&C it's a very interesting time ! (btw who said 'may you live in interesting times' ? - looks like we got our wish !)

peace n love

K

P.S. can I plug my thread on fear in the spirituality section :original:?? (which was a turning point for me... :trumpet:) http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=5475

P.P.S Sorry about the inordinately long post (doesn't he just go on.. and on... and on.... ????). But perhaps like some of you, I'm new to all of this and finding my way as I go. I'll get snappier, promise !

I completely agree with you the only down side of what your saying is that although having an enlightened view is the key, we only number in the few. A person on their own can be a rational thinking creature, a large group of people under intense fear and pressure become a dangerous pack fear feeds fear and hate feeds hate. My main thinking is to be somewhere safe until things calm down so we can then all come together and move forward both physically and spiritually which is the ultimate goal for ALL of us, please dont think im some sort of mad max survival nut, im just trying to priorortise the important things first and to me and alot of others on here survival is the first priority. IF this happens (hopefully it wont) society will show its true colours we already have gangs prowling the streets that have little if no respect for law if that law was taken away then what state would our streets be in then?
Just a thought

Caladan 10-21-2008 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leeboy (Post 57672)
AH!! now i remember, Arakis, Harkonnan, the spice and the bloody sand worms!!

Yes thats the one mate. :original:

I agree thats it's not a mad max situation we're after but there are some people out there with the intensions of just looking out for themselves, no matter what the cost. I couldn't walk on by people in need but we would need to be watchful. Even the best person can turn into the worst if they were hungry or thirsty. Survival is an instinct for everyone, and there are many different ways to survive.

Kulapops 10-21-2008 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leeboy (Post 57679)
My main thinking is to be somewhere safe until things calm down so we can then all come together and move forward both physically and spiritually which is the ultimate goal for ALL of us,

I agree with you and Caladan, and I imagine I'm not the only one to be wondering, 'where exactly would I go and who would I go with?'

I used to think even before all this stuff kicked-off that there may come a time where there would be disarray and some people would gather together and build a new start out of the mess. Those that were really interested in humankind, maybe we'd get a second chance to do things better.

So the idea of keeping safe out of harm's way is a good one. People will go nuts at the drop of a hat, such is the mass mentality unfortunately.

It's great that we have the chance to discuss sensibly here what the options could be and what we might do in that event.

But having done a bit of the 'what if' thinking and possible scenarios to prepare for for the last couple of months, it was starting not to ring true for me - this can also be a totally addictive world to immerse oneself in - as the possibilities are endless - and every day you read stuff that makes your heart sink further. That's starting to make me wonder about the whole thing.:hypo:

I'm just throwing into the pot the notion that we can change hearts and minds as we go rather than count on a tumble that may not actually happen and that might be something to visualise instead. I'm not against talk of being prepared or of linking up with likeminded souls. I think this site has great potential, and who knows, they may cut the cord to the internet one day - great if there are already connections growing between the hearts of people when that time comes.

Great that we've got such keen minds in the D & C thread as yourselves thinking on the possiblities. I hope we'll get another meet soon.

peace n love n a martini

:drinks_wine:

Donny 10-22-2008 08:20 PM

Hi all
I see a lot of people from devon and cornwall on here but is there anyone from the looe area, moving there soon and would be nice to know..

Donny 10-22-2008 09:21 PM

What no one around looe??

Donny 10-22-2008 10:02 PM

This is shocking, maybe i will have to start one then eh...

Caladan 10-22-2008 10:35 PM

Hi donny.
Not near there myself but welcome to the forum anyhow. :original:

Kulapops 10-23-2008 10:47 PM

Hi Donny !

Welcome to the D&C social :original:

NIce place, Looe. Not a hundred million miles from 'the bay'. Great fish and chip shop... ideal meeting point for hungry posters to gather at and point chips at one another whilst expounding their theories and knowledge. :original:

See you there someday.

peace n love and a great big welcome,

:cheers:

K

leeboy 10-25-2008 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kulapops (Post 57225)

peace n love

K

Just a quick note to my first response to your post. If you havent already i urge you to watch bill deagle: prognosis for planet earth (project camelot) pay particular attention to what he says in the last 15 mins of part three, but if you have the time watch the whole thing as it is very worrying, informative but sent chills through my soul

Kulapops 10-25-2008 10:22 AM

Hi Leeboy,

Thanks for the headsup on camelot. Yep... they've been quiet for ages and now there's a whole bunch of stuff to watch again.

I'll take a look... yep.. I was one who was up plonking on the keyboard when his 'phonecall' got posted. I think that was a turning point for me.

I didn't post it at the time, because I didn't want to add to anyone's worries, but I had a dream earlier this year in which I was walking down a highway of stopped cars, with people milling about, some burned cars too.

When Deagle started talking about nuclear attacks in LA I thought...ooh... wow... oh no... I felt really worried and a bit helpless.

But I'm not the only one to have noticed that the vibration has changed since then. I'm not going to worry anymore about all the bad things that can happen to me.

And you know why? Because, one day I'll die anyway. I could be run over by a bus...I could be caught in in a nuclear holocaust and have forgotten to buy iodine...either way... it's how I live today that matters and for the moment, I'm striking a balance for me between connecting with people and myself , which I believe is more key to the 'ground crew' issue... and less on watching another doomygloomy scenario.

I'm not saying that these whistleblowers/information is not correct, it may well be... but I'm starting to think that we are being distracted away from what is really going on. There ! - another conspiracy for ya :wink2:

While we are running/preparing and being fearful, we are perhaps not noticing the awakening connections between us and each other.

For eg. ..think of a number between 1 and 10.....

was is 6 ?

ok, wait... I'll try again....

3?

Oh.. never mind... I'll get the hang eventually.... thanks for your info...I will take a look this weekend....

love

K