Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE)

Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) (http://projectavalon.net/forum/index.php)
-   Project Avalon General Discussion (http://projectavalon.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Healing modalities... what are they? (http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19364)

bigmo 01-19-2010 02:27 PM

Healing modalities... what are they?

I am interested in learning about the different types of healing practices. To those of your who are 'experienced' or are currently practicing healing techniques on others, can you enlighten me as to the modalitiy that you use and reference me to more info on the subject?

My sister performs Reiki and has asked if I was intersted in learning the procedure. I am actually interested (have been for some time) in the 'laying on' of hands as understood in the biblical sense and wanted to check with any 'intuatives' on this forum first for their input. Thanks

Peace

greybeard 01-19-2010 05:04 PM

Re: Healing modalities... what are they?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigmo (Post 224723)
I am interested in learning about the different types of healing practices. To those of your who are 'experienced' or are currently practicing healing techniques on others, can you enlighten me as to the modalitiy that you use and reference me to more info on the subject?

My sister performs Reiki and has asked if I was intersted in learning the procedure. I am actually interested (have been for some time) in the 'laying on' of hands as understood in the biblical sense and wanted to check with any 'intuatives' on this forum first for their input. Thanks

Peace

Hello bigmo
Reiki is a good way to go.
Unlike most healing modalities you need to be inititated into Reiki and will be given symbols to use by a Riki Master.
In that initiation by a Riki master a profound spiritual awakening may occur.

Intuitives are a different question all together.
A person may become an intuative during the process of learning to be a healer
An iniuative may know nothing about healing though.

All healing modalities assist the healer to focus on the clients problem and this concentration of intention may bring about profound healing or absolutely nothing.

For reasons unknown to ourselves profound healing may not be in the best interest of the client.
The energy of the "healer" awakens the clients immune system and other self healing functions that are latent within. so the healer is only the catalyst.

Different strokes for different folks. One modality may be more preferable/effective than another.

I use Reiki also Bio-energy (Bi-Aura foundation trained me) and just hands on.

I always surrender the healing, no matter which modality I use, to Christ so I am just a channel.

If you believe in Karma you might feel that you are interfering in a persons karma. Dont think this is so as if its in the persons karma to be healed and in the healers karma to heal in this case at this time, then it will happen.

Hope this is helpful.
Chris

Phoenix 01-19-2010 06:13 PM

How much time have you got? :mfr_lol:

It is a complete minefield with what seems like something new popping up every day. Like most New Age spiritual practices there's always someone willing to take your money.

Before you jump into the internet research, consider your motives. What kind of healing do you want to do, how do you want to do it, what's in it for you (spiritually of course!) Are you mentally and spiritually strong enough? What are your strong and weak points? Its like buying a hat, get one that fits properly!

Personally I'm not a fan of Reiki, it became very much the "in thing," and if you had the money, you could become a Master in as short as 3 months, that dosnt sit right with me but having said that, Ive never tried it, just not my thing.

No modality is worth anything unless its effectiveness is provable so finding out about people who have had work done on them would be a good place to start. I'm sure you will find the one thats right for you :original:

greybeard 01-19-2010 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix (Post 224841)
How much time have you got? :mfr_lol:

It is a complete minefield with what seems like something new popping up every day. Like most New Age spiritual practices there's always someone willing to take your money.

Before you jump into the internet research, consider your motives. What kind of healing do you want to do, how do you want to do it, what's in it for you (spiritually of course!) Are you mentally and spiritually strong enough? What are your strong and weak points? Its like buying a hat, get one that fits properly!

Personally I'm not a fan of Reiki, it became very much the "in thing," and if you had the money, you could become a Master in as short as 3 months, that dosnt sit right with me but having said that, Ive never tried it, just not my thing.

No modality is worth anything unless its effectiveness is provable so finding out about people who have had work done on them would be a good place to start. I'm sure you will find the one thats right for you :original:

I must unfortunately agree with Phoenix.
It took a lot of study with the encouragement of an excellent Reiki Master to become a Master myself. A master of what???? The thing is en devouring to be a master of oneself.
But yes it can cost a fortune to learn that you have a natural gift.

I found Bio-energy to be most effective.
http://www.bi-aura.com/
A lot of info here.
Probably only available in UK.

Michael D Alton trained me ten years ago, he is now in Canada--- he is excellent

http://www.daltonsbio.com/

As suggested best to ask around to find who has had successful healing.

To be very honest I dont honestly think the modality is that important, a person can either heal or they cant, the paradox being that the healing comes not from the healer but through the healer.
Been to the Phoneix Findhorn often enough.

Regards Chris

http://www.daltonsbio.com/

bigmo 01-19-2010 07:11 PM

Thanks Chris and Phoenix for the comments.

I have had this feeling for years that I can heal people though I never ventured even close to an attempt. I have found people in very serious situations and immediately began to pray for them but have no idea how effective it was. (though I am sure it had an effect)

I think you are right Chris in stating that you can either heal or you cannot and I agree that this is probably so. I guess what I am looking for is a test; something that can help me determine if I have the potential to focus my abilities productively in that direction.

Thanks to both of you for your comments.

Peace