Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 10-09-2008, 02:56 AM   #26
wes_whitewolf
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The change in contributors to Avalon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baggywrinkle View Post
On a positive note,

As an Avalon researcher with an interest in traditional
farming techniques I just ran across the
Alfred R Mann Library of Core Historical Literature of
Agriculture.

What a score this was! These are full text books online.

LIGHTEN UP PEOPLE!

Those of you who are further along are expected to help
those who are just beginning. Those of you who are unable or unwilling to participate as a teacher or student
are excused to run and play.

http://chla.library.cornell.edu/c/chla/index.html#top
Current online holdings: Pages: 850,264 Books: 1,849 (1,910 Volumes) Journals: 6 (288 Volumes)
Right On Baggywrinkle! Now that's what this site was created for!!!!
Love & Light
wes_whitewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:33 AM   #27
Myplanet2
In The Mists

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilgrim View Post
I totally agree with you and I will not argue with that, as I was making a statement and not asking for proof of anything.
Tom
Sorry if you thought I was talking to you. It was just a bit of a rant.
Myplanet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:35 AM   #28
Myplanet2
In The Mists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undooz View Post
From my perspective, interpersonal and conceptual devolution rear up on all sorts of internet based modes such as this.

It's crept into the majority of groups I've been a part of over the years. Hilariously wide ranging modalities such as pet toad boards
to African-American hair care FAQs to forums of the most esoteric sub-genre of the wildest woo. ...Heehee!

A few things things that may be causes of such derision come from some participants not realizing:
--- Forums are not exchange based conversations.
--- Your personal opinion of someone else's post matters deeply only to you and is best kept to yourself.
--- Conjecture (which is often misconstrued as opinion) does nothing to move along what you mistakenly considered to be a conversation in the first place.

So we can empower ourselves by simply:
--- Staying clearly on topic and being very concise.
--- Ignoring the posters that either blatantly or subversively take away from what is being built.

Agreeably, the looping debates are tiresome; and yes, I've pulled way back from reading and participating on this and other forums.
Time is so precious and such of the essence that I just can't see fit giving it up to those who erode community rather than offer substance.

Eloquently put.
Myplanet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:35 AM   #29
addalight
Avalon Senior Member

I don't spend much time here now. It's just my opinion; this site was not set up with enough protection in realms beyond I.T.. The first couple of weeks were great. Then bullies and those with very negative intentions arrived. Not that there isn't something to be learned from that. I'm always the first to say, it's all grist for the mill. I just don't have time to wade through all this to get to the good stuff.
addalight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:38 AM   #30
Racsouran
Banned

Quote:
Has anyone noticed the marked change in the quality of contributors and threads to Avalon this past week or two?
The threads have become so childish, so outlandish in the accusations of whistleblowers and advocates of the call to freedom, that I for one was thinking of giving up on visiting this site. That is, until I realised that Avalon has become a victim of it's own sucess.
In other words, it has attracted a huge amount of attention from the 'enemy'.
The almost illiterate writing, unsubstantiated accusations, name calling and so on, is a deliberate attempt to put off the more serious and discerning people that visit and enjoy this site as a focal point, a gathering place, of the 'alternative community' .
I can only suggest that agent provocateurs are at work trying to disrupt the excellent work that Avalon does.
The quality of the writings for the first few weeks was absolutely brilliant. Then it started to decline as voices of descension, nit-picking etc, started to creep in.
Because of the overwhelming need for a site such as this, the avalance of new members took Kerry, Bill and the moderators by surprise. Now that it is settling down a bit we can see that we have unwelcome 'guests' amongst us that have inveigled there way in.

If that is the case, I can only ask that the genuine contributors to this forum stick with it, post your opinions with renewed vigour and know that we are making the difference by their presence. Their presence means we are getting to them.
good luck, Tom

haha man, welkom to Godlikeproductions Addendum.
Racsouran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:53 AM   #31
Thunderbird
Avalon Senior Member

I have to be childish or else id get bent and depressed.

besides i feel more connected to source when i make fun...s'better than making fear....

i take everything disclaimed and disclosed and play coyote with it, and if it can stand the test of anti-rubric then it finds its way into the halls of acceptance as truth, for the greatest men of achievement i know, when faced with the childlike fun making of innocence, allow and make room for the absurd in the "hallowed" grounds of fundamental reality.

meaning everyone needs a clown....

every somber ceremony must have its fool.

else we become so enamored wit our own importance that we loose sight of the mere game that we partake in and find ourselves in mental shackles of iron rather than those of straw which are much easier to rid ourselves of when the hour is upon us....

what i mean is even in the final hours where one may face the firing squad itself, joy and frivolity must win the day, or else give way to misery and small mindedness, lost in the illusion of meaningless meaningfulness.

chew on that...

how easy it is for individual humans to become so enamored with the character they think they are, and in their forgetfulness, loose sight that they are in fact merely the creator itself playing small. what fictions we carry. what illusions we burden ourselves with in our vain effort at being our own islands of awareness...sleeping gods in a sea of fiction made real...separate from the fabric of intention itself...

ok too much sake...

god save the animals...

FTH...

except the good ones....

painting star shine...

amen.

_your friendly neighborhood thunderbird
Thunderbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:56 AM   #32
Thunderbird
Avalon Senior Member

Ive seen enough life-arcs to know that this ones isnt even NEAR completion...

its hit a plateau...

which is cool...

soon come a dip then a spike unto a whole new plateau...

watch earth children...

soon come
Old 10-09-2008, 04:27 AM   #33
Lance
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Hey Katherine,
That's exactly what I'm getting at. Don't let them get to you, hang on in there.
There has been some good rational, logical replies to this thread. May not agree with them.., but they are rational.
MMe M. Forgive me, but I was trying to point out the deliberate illiteracy aimed at lowering the tone of the site to put people off. I am not the most articulate person and may not have expressed myself properly.
regards, Tom
The deliberate illiteracy is a global phenomena being represented here. There are mods more interested in editing swearing out of direct quotes, people whom are being introduced to a multiple of newish ideas for the first time whom care not to surf the archives to see if their banality has already been burped up ad nauseum. The problem I see with most forums is that late comers DON'T read older threads.

How many times is someone whom knows something, I'll take metals as an example...how many times are those in the 'know' supposed to keep battering the dead parrots? If someone comes aboard, sure, its a slough to read through any and all older posts they may have questions about. It's easier to pop off a question rather than doing your own research on this or any other site. But for those of us whom have a hard time typing and don't CARE if its a skill we 'should' have...answering the same question more than thrice causes a gag reflex.

This reflex results in shorter, more terse, and in cases down right nasty responses. Not because said writer is an agent, a 'them' a troll or whatever,
it's because the question has already been answered, thrice in many instances. If anyone with a question like 'what about solar/wind/microhydro', instead of starting a thread, looked at all the numerous, previous threads...we'd be way further along. But it's a cesspit/blackhole expecting the mostly dumbed down populace to do any research or study on their own. They want instance response for tools and techniques and ideas they will more than likely never put in action.

'Just wondering, no-lookie' is a resounding truism on ANY forum. I think this thread is probably the third along these lines in the last 3 weeks!
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 04:39 AM   #34
Thunderbird
Avalon Senior Member

not to be an outlandish bore....but "whom" is grammatically proper when used as the object and not the subject....

example...

people who know something...subject

you spoke to whom?..object

im drunk forgive me
Old 10-09-2008, 04:47 AM   #35
OceanWinds

lol... I cant say P.A. didnt bring this on itself. Ever since Camelot was shut down the good posters have been leaving. Then the two flakey interviews left a bitter taste in alot of peoples mouths, while attracting a whole new sort.

When people asked for the forums to be restructured... they never asked to have camelot shut down.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:55 AM   #36
MMe M
Avalon Senior Member

Its all good Tom/Pilgrim.

I will admit that when reading a post, spelling errors do take some of the wind from the sails. Who listens to a mental deficient? I hope people see the message, not just the content.

Sometimes it really does help to close your eyes and try to feel the one behind the words. Often they dont match. What seems negative can be a cry for help or depression from a brother or sister. One that seems positive and full of light may in fact be a dark force. I have seen some examples of both here.

Last edited by MMe M; 10-09-2008 at 04:57 AM.
MMe M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 05:01 AM   #37
333mark333
Avalon Senior Member

Location: The Western Shore of the Hudson Bay-churchill, manitoba, canada

Im finished posting on Avalon. Too much bad vibes for me, ill leave it up to the more evolved.

This is turning into a debate, im not here for that energy.

333mark333 out
333mark333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 05:07 AM   #38
bennycog
Avalon Senior Member

we have spent most of our lives filtering through the mess to get to the truth and we are looking for the reason that has brought us here at this time.
i think we are just filtering on a higher level now. i dont doubt there are disinfo agents here, if you want to call them that. but i think we outnumber them, and i think, for us to be here to connect, learn and give. we just might be able to find truth. at least we will all know the truth when it falls infront of our eyes.
it is when every one else does not see it that we have to step in to help them through.

benny

Last edited by bennycog; 10-09-2008 at 08:00 AM.
bennycog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 06:13 AM   #39
MargueriteBee
Avalon Senior Member

To those who are adversary, may the light of love light up your being.
MargueriteBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 09:52 AM   #40
Bagatell
Avalon Senior Member

If my search skills haven´t deserted me, no one has yet mentioned that this forum has an Ignore feature in the Users CP. You weren´t refering to me were you

Last edited by Bagatell; 10-09-2008 at 10:11 AM.
Bagatell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:10 AM   #41
eurosceptic
Avalon Senior Member

yes it seems to have settled down a bit again.....
eurosceptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:14 AM   #42
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Hey Bagatell, that ignore feature is cool - thanks for pointing that out.

Automated discernment at a macro level !

Sorry, is no-one listening?

Ahh I see

I admit that I had a bit of posting frenzy at the start, and now I am spending more time reading. I find that much of what I would say has been said. There are over 40,000 posts on this forum now, not bad for just over a month!

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:17 AM   #43
optimistic
Avalon Senior Member

Yeah, for a moment I thought I had accidentally visited David Icke's forums.
:P
optimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:25 AM   #44
ChristinCP
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Has anyone noticed the marked change in the quality of contributors and threads to Avalon this past week or two?
The threads have become so childish, so outlandish in the accusations of whistleblowers and advocates of the call to freedom, that I for one was thinking of giving up on visiting this site. That is, until I realised that Avalon has become a victim of it's own sucess.
In other words, it has attracted a huge amount of attention from the 'enemy'.
The almost illiterate writing, unsubstantiated accusations, name calling and so on, is a deliberate attempt to put off the more serious and discerning people that visit and enjoy this site as a focal point, a gathering place, of the 'alternative community' .
I can only suggest that agent provocateurs are at work trying to disrupt the excellent work that Avalon does.
The quality of the writings for the first few weeks was absolutely brilliant. Then it started to decline as voices of descension, nit-picking etc, started to creep in.
Because of the overwhelming need for a site such as this, the avalance of new members took Kerry, Bill and the moderators by surprise. Now that it is settling down a bit we can see that we have unwelcome 'guests' amongst us that have inveigled there way in.

If that is the case, I can only ask that the genuine contributors to this forum stick with it, post your opinions with renewed vigour and know that we are making the difference by their presence. Their presence means we are getting to them.
good luck, Tom
I completely agree with you Pilgrim. It also seems that the majority of people posting on here aren't even very familiar with the Project Camelot interviews, which bothers me b/c a lot of the dis-information that's being put out on here would be quickly thwarted had people done their PC homework. Clearly this is not the case.
ChristinCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 12:58 PM   #45
historycircus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
I think this thread is probably the third along these lines in the last 3 weeks!
There have been more than that, and that alone sort of proves your point - instead of looking through older threads that have been created to bemoan the fact that people here have different opinions, there is a new thread every day, in one recent instance two in twenty-four hours, complaining about those who think differently on the forums.

What if the energy expended on complaint were spent on preparation - physical or spiritual? That would be more fitting to the stated purpose of Avalon. Instead, here is yet another thread that seems to lament a PMRC-like approach to what people talk about here.

As someone who has invested a lot of time in edumakashun, and who is still plugged into academic circles, I actually am greatful that I have the opportunity - through this forum - to share ideas with people I would not be able to in the physical world. Typos and spelling be damned.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:40 PM   #46
bill7907
Avalon Senior Member

Well the situation is as follow:

We are, as the in the "Project Camelot Crew", getting more and more new people who are starting to wake up the subject about all this hidden stuff by the Governments.
The only place that would not be manipulated by the Governement for the monent, would be Project Camelot Forum.
So those new people probably don't know much about the Extraterrestrial phenomenon, but the good thing about them is that they are already accepting the idea and are willing to learn more.

But frankly, I don't see and I can't envision a skeptic posting on this forum because with so much evidence around us, it is impossible to refute all those facts hidden from the standard population.
bill7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 04:46 PM   #47
Connecting with Sauce
Avalon Senior Member

I haven't read all the replies to this post but I agree entirely. Fingers crossed we can stay positive and start to understand those with a hidden agenda...

Right I'm off to Pilates
Connecting with Sauce is offline   Reply With Quote