Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 02-16-2010, 01:30 PM   #1
AscendingStarseed
Avalon Senior Member

Default URGENT Call to action: Stop Monsanto's GMO Contamination!

After reading the following article, please go to the USDA website at the link below to voice your opposition, they are taking comments through today Feb 16th. I encourage you to send this info to everyone you know and if you have a blog or website, please post it there as well. This irresponsible decision making on the part of an agency designed to protect us is criminal in it's intent to pander to corporate interests. Thank you! ~A~>

http://www.usda.gov/wps/portal/?navid=FEEDBACK_FORM

Stop Monsanto's GMO Contamination

Global Research, February 14, 2010
Credo Action

During the Bush administration, Monsanto illegally won USDA approval for its genetically engineered (GE) alfalfa by convincing regulators to bypass a mandatory environmental review. In response to a lawsuit by consumer groups, the courts then stepped in and banned GE alfalfa until the USDA followed the law.

In December, the USDA released its belated review of Monsanto's GE alfalfa seed and determined that Monsanto's alfalfa met the Obama Administration's standards, despite the risk of organic contamination.

This conclusion came despite the acknowledgment by USDA researchers that GE alfalfa is virtually certain to "contaminate" normal seeds. Cross-contamination is the number one concern with genetically engineered crops.

Organic contamination is devastating for organic farmers, especially organic dairy farmers, most of whom use organic alfalfa for feed. The presence of even the smallest amount of GE material can cause a farm to lose its organic certification. And court documents indicate that early plantings of GE alfalfa did contaminate conventional alfalfa. Yet the USDA maintains that Monsanto's existing safety protocols are good enough. This is ridiculous!

Even worse, the USDA concluded that the possibility of contamination of organic fields is of no concern, since consumers won't care if their organic food or milk contains genetically engineered components. Yet central to the definition of the USDA Organic label is the total absence of genetically modified ingredients. An overwhelming majority of consumers buy organic to avoid GE products and would be shocked to learn the USDA is so cavalier about the risks of transgenetic contamination.

The USDA is accepting public comments on Monsanto's application through February 16. Make your voice heard today.
Disclaimer: The views expressed in this article are the sole responsibility of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the Centre for Research on Globalization. The contents of this article are of sole responsibility of the author(s). The Centre for Research on Globalization will not be responsible or liable for any inaccurate or incorrect statements contained in this article.

© Copyright , Credo Action, 2010

The url address of this article is: http://www.globalresearch.ca/PrintAr...rticleId=17613

© Copyright 2005-2007 GlobalResearch.ca
Web site engine by Polygraphx Multimedia © Copyright 2005-2007
AscendingStarseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:34 PM   #2
pyrangello
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: URGENT Call to action: Stop Monsanto's GMO Contamination!

You ever get the impression that there is an all out assault on food production here in the U.S. and abroad. The world has the capability to feed itself 4-5 times over in a year yet there are agendas in every corner. Just whenever you here the word Monsanto, pay attention as to what the angle is there up to now.
pyrangello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:45 PM   #3
Mercuriel
Avalon Senior Member

Thumbs up Re: URGENT Call to action: Stop Monsanto's GMO Contamination!

Copy of Email Text to the Secretary...

Anything that takes natural selection out of the order of how We as Humans and the Planet have evolved to this point, demonstrates a lack of common sense by those Who would push such an Agenda on the People.

Only Naturally Organic Food MUST be grown or harvested - Nothing else.

GM Seeds, Crops and Livestock have proven many times to be very harmful to Our Ecosystem and Us as a Species. Simply put - No ecosystem - No Humans and many other Species.

Please help the People to voice their "No" to this most heinous Proposal. After All - YOU are there to do the PEOPLE'S WILL - Not an Agenda's...

Through REFLECTIVITY - We continue to Observe YOUR actions on this Issue and many others with Interest...

Namaste...

Mercuriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:55 PM   #4
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
Avalon Senior Member

i dont eat any processed foos if i can help it, buscuits, confectionary ect. if you look at the labelling( i can only speak from a uk perpsective) most of this stuff contains soya, corn startches and maize. all of these will be GMO. in the uk a product does not have to be labbelled gmo if one of its ingredients has gmo derivatives. if you eat any processed food from a big corp. its gonna be gmo.
pineal-pilot-in merkabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 02:03 PM   #5
She-Ra
Avalon Senior Member

Exactly pineal-pilot-in merkabah, I try not to eat out either and have food from home where we've selected the products ourselves and if I do eat out I try to only go to places who conscientiously do so as well but that's not always possible. Of course though, it's not the same as growing yourself and making the items you need from scratch.
She-Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 02:25 PM   #6
AscendingStarseed
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrangello View Post
You ever get the impression that there is an all out assault on food production here in the U.S. and abroad. The world has the capability to feed itself 4-5 times over in a year yet there are agendas in every corner. Just whenever you here the word Monsanto, pay attention as to what the angle is there up to now.
For many years I've wondered if there is an outright conspiracy between the USDA, FDA and American Medical Association to keep us sick as a by product of what they've been doing with our foods. You can't walk into a grocery store and buy anything that hasn't been assaulted with pesticides, radiation, preservatives, GMO/GE frankenfood and all kinds of processing that turns it into some sort of non-food totally devoid of nutrition.

Monsanto runs agriculture like mobsters, they are nothing but a bunch of greedy thugs out to totally control the worlds food production and make us sick in the process. It's obvious that they are behind the push for global population reduction, they have absolutely no conscious and need to be stopped before they destroy the integrity of the entire natural food chain - and kill us off in the process. Isn't Monsanto another Rockefeller organization?
Old 02-16-2010, 02:29 PM   #7
AscendingStarseed
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuriel View Post
Copy of Email Text to the Secretary...

GM Seeds, Crops and Livestock have proven many times to be very harmful to Our Ecosystem and Us as a Species. Simply put - No ecosystem - No Humans and many other Species.

Please help the People to voice their "No" to this most heinous Proposal. After All - YOU are there to do the PEOPLE'S WILL - Not an Agenda's...

Through REFLECTIVITY - We continue to Observe YOUR actions on this Issue and many others with Interest...

Namaste...

Kudos' to you!! I overlooked making a copy of mine, I let'em have it!! I'm furious about this c**p, they;ve gone too far this time...Thank you for taking action!
Old 02-16-2010, 02:31 PM   #8
K626
Avalon Senior Member

The process takes the earth energy out of food.
K626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 02:56 PM   #9
Mercuriel
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AscendingStarseed View Post
Kudos' to you!! I overlooked making a copy of mine, I let'em have it!! I'm furious about this c**p, they;ve gone too far this time...Thank you for taking action!
It was My pleasure...

I will put it simply as this - How can I do anything else if not at least - That...

We must Stand up for Our Collective Reality/LOM (LOM = Level of Maifestation) and State Our Free-will Choices to the Creation Consciously and Overtly. This should obviously mean overt Action when needed...

This was, is and always will be - Required. I do this willingly - Standing in the Open - Declaring My Intentions to the Creation for the Highest and Best Good of All Concerned...

Mercuriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:04 PM   #10
truth and integrity
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AscendingStarseed
For many years I've wondered if there is an outright conspiracy between the USDA, FDA and American Medical Association to keep us sick as a by product of what they've been doing with our foods. You can't walk into a grocery store and buy anything that hasn't been assaulted with pesticides, radiation, preservatives, GMO/GE frankenfood and all kinds of processing that turns it into some sort of non-food totally devoid of nutrition.
I came to the same conclusion. Big Pharma controls not only doctors but also medical schools.
Well, knowledge is power especially if one controls who the experts are.

Quote:
Monsanto runs agriculture like mobsters, they are nothing but a bunch of greedy thugs out to totally control the worlds food production and make us sick in the process. It's obvious that they are behind the push for global population reduction, they have absolutely no conscious and need to be stopped before they destroy the integrity of the entire natural food chain - and kill us off in the process. Isn't Monsanto another Rockefeller organization?
I was quite shocked when I learned how big Corporations step by step took over Healthy Food chain. Now, they took off their white gloves and everything is bloody obvious.

Best regards,
truth and integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:34 AM   #11
AscendingStarseed
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth and integrity View Post
I came to the same conclusion. Big Pharma controls not only doctors but also medical schools.
Well, knowledge is power especially if one controls who the experts are.
I was quite shocked when I learned how big Corporations step by step took over Healthy Food chain. Now, they took off their white gloves and everything is bloody obvious.
You know it was one thing when I felt as tho I had freedom to chose between allopathic medicine or natural remedies, but now bigpharma is encroaching on my right to chose how I treat health issues. If that isn't fascism at it's best then what is? And it's all disguised in the name of safety...Was it Andrew Jackson that said "When we give up our freedom in the name of security, then we deserve neither" This time we're not giving it up, they're blatantly taking it from us.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:29 AM   #12
truth and integrity
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AscendingStarseed
You know it was one thing when I felt as tho I had freedom to chose between allopathic medicine or natural remedies, but now bigpharma is encroaching on my right to chose how I treat health issues. If that isn't fascism at it's best then what is? And it's all disguised in the name of safety...Was it Andrew Jackson that said "When we give up our freedom in the name of security, then we deserve neither" This time we're not giving it up, they're blatantly taking it from us.
You are right. If I can not make my own decision regarding my body there is not freedom. Sometimes, I feel that it is difficult to be aware and I wish I had just a bad dream. How can I even talk to a doctor who is convinced as you said that it is for a safety reason?
truth and integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 07:39 AM   #13
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

GMO LABELS - at least! let the market decide. However, the dipwhads probably already know what will happen
{no thanks! to fish pigs, rabbit tomatoes, dead seedlings, endgame pollen, nitrate "fertilizer", big farma partners}

Check this - OPERATION ROTTEN TOMATO, Fraud in the Food Industry 02/18/10

The former owner of one of the nation’s largest tomato processing companies was indicted today for his role in the pervasive manipulation of the industry through price fixing, bribery, and bogus product labeling that often resulted in consumers paying inflated prices for dated, moldy products.
http://www.fbi.gov/page2/feb10/tomato_021810.html

way to go FBI
no caste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:20 AM   #14
AscendingStarseed
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth and integrity View Post
How can I even talk to a doctor who is convinced as you said that it is for a safety reason?
Interestingly enough I've discovered that a Doctor I'm acquainted with is leaning toward naturopathic medicine and is completely unaware of the assault that going on behind the scenes against supplements. It appears that he's a sleeper on the verge of awakening so I sent him tons of information on what's going down and virtually got up in his face emphasizing how he needs to organize lawyers and doctors to attack this threat head on.

We can gripe and moan all we want, but the difference will be made in court....which takes $$$$$ or attorneys willing to donate time pro bono for a cause that would literally save millions of lives. So it's seems like if the doctors finally rise up and say ENOUGH maybe they can get Bigpharma to back off this murderous scheme...they definitely took the gloves off with this fight, it's getting bloody...

Evil is more like it...pure evil

Tags
alfalfa contamination, gmo, monsanto, protest usda