Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Health / Alternative Medicine

Notices

Old 01-03-2010, 03:16 AM   #1
lightwalker
Avalon Senior Member

Default Cancer-mortality-reduction-with-Vitamin-D

Hi,

I received this from a long time friend in Australia. There are 2 links. One is to Dr Mercola's site and the other is an interview with another doctor in California.

The vitamin they are talking about is D3 and there are 3 ways of getting this nutrient: Regular sunshine, an in home lighting system or oral sublingual mouth spray.

http://www.grassrootshealth.net/

http://www.mercola.com/article/vitamin-d-resources.htm

For anyone deaing with cancer or a loved one who is this may be useful in their recovery program and also anyone's preventive program.

lightwalker
lightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 04:19 AM   #2
Majorion
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Cancer-mortality-reduction-with-Vitamin-D

Problem is I can't seem to find any Vitamin D above 400IU dosage.

Way too low.

Thankful for the sunlight though, we get a lot of that here.
Majorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 04:33 AM   #3
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

Wow, I got mine online. I used 20,000 twice a week for 3 weeks and now one 2000 a day.

Go for the Vitamin D3 What Country are you in ? If you like I will send you some through the mail
mntruthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 04:41 AM   #4
Majorion
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks for the offer, but really its not necessary!

I know people who can get some for me, but I need to get in touch, my only other option is (I haven't yet checked), perhaps GNC.

As far as I'm concerned, a Vitamin D supplement is only needed maybe in winter, like right now, but when its summer time and lots of warm sunshine, not really needed.

Reside in Saudi Arabia BTW
Old 01-03-2010, 04:50 AM   #5
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majorion View Post
Thanks for the offer, but really its not necessary!

I know people who can get some for me, but I need to get in touch, my only other option is (I haven't yet checked), perhaps GNC.

As far as I'm concerned, a Vitamin D supplement is only needed maybe in winter, like right now, but when its summer time and lots of warm sunshine, not really needed.

Reside in Saudi Arabia BTW
No, you are way off there. go read my postings under "have you healed yourself" and read what I wrote.

I used to go fishing constantly with my husband and was in the sun for hours and still had quite the deffiency. A doctor from India put me on it
Old 01-03-2010, 01:35 PM   #6
cueballri
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majorion View Post
Problem is I can't seem to find any Vitamin D above 400IU dosage.

Way too low.

Thankful for the sunlight though, we get a lot of that here.
a company called SOLGAR sells it in 5000 IU and it is made from vegetables. I get it at a local healthfood store but the bottle has this web site on its lable
www.solgar.com
cueballri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 01:42 PM   #7
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

D3 is a tool i have used often...but

i get kidney stones periodically in my life... and the D3 can aggravate that problem.

so i only use it when absolutely necessary ...
Céline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 05:51 PM   #8
eleni
Avalon Senior Member

Be sure to balance D3 with vitamin A- that's when the problems arise (when you are not eating/taking sufficient A along with D).

I use Liqui D3 or Quantum's Liqui D- both are in an olive oil base.

We use 20,000 IU's daily, yes that is correct for us (both had severe D deficiency) and when I was diagnosed with a form of breast cancer my ND tested my D status- it was 12. Now it's closer to 100 which is optimal.

Grassroots used to have cheap tests available- not sure of they still do.

Link is in an above post.

Always make sure to get tested......

All of the D studies were done on LIQUID D.

Quantum's is available here:http://www.qnhshop.com/product.php?p...age=1&featured

Liqui D here:
http://www.healthegoods.com/liquid-v...vitramins.html

To me both are identical products. I switch between both.
eleni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:08 PM   #9
Snowbird
Avalon Senior Member

Based upon Bill Ryan's interview with Gabriele Stahler http://www.projectcamelot.org/brusse...riele_Staehler I immediately went into my local health food store and purchased two different potencies of vitamin D-3. Both of these are the lanolin-based that Gabriele suggests. One, is made by Country Life, in 1,000 IU and the other is made by NOW, in 5,000 IU.

I have been slowly working up to the current 12,000 per day. Gabriele suggested starting off with 5,000 IU per day for 5 months and then 2,000 per day after that.

However, because this is flu season, I have made the personal decision to up the dosage.
Snowbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 07:55 PM   #10
ranma187
Avalon Senior Member

I've heard a well balance alkaline diet can also prevent many cancers. basically you eat a lot of vegetables.
ranma187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:49 PM   #11
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

Went straight on 20,000 twice a week by Drs request but after 3 weeks she made me go to 2000 IUs a day. I didnt know about the A but apparently I am OK on this as I eat lots of veggies. yum

In fact when I went to fill my prescription the pharachist called the doctor to make sure he was reading the dosage correctly.

All I know is that taking the D3, my life was made a whole lot easier
Old 01-03-2010, 10:32 PM   #12
Majorion
Avalon Senior Member

I don't think the benefits discovered recently for vitamin D tell us that it is the only vitamin with such powerful healing properties. For example, I always grew up (in the family) with vitamin C being recognized the best preventer/energy/healing/etc. And that could be true in some circumstances and perhaps not.

As research progresses within medical fields, naturally so does our knowledge of the different substances being tested over and over again. Maybe its true, maybe we're all D3-deficient, but taking over the top doses, and I've heard the same thing with vitamin C, people taking 5 grams when this is totally unnecessary. Unless one is actually determined deficient, a gram is probably enough.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:03 PM   #13
eleni
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranma187 View Post
I've heard a well balance alkaline diet can also prevent many cancers. basically you eat a lot of vegetables.
Yes, absolutely. A high raw/ high live foods diet low in sugar (fruit sugar) and proper food combining = greater health and immunity and can reverse serious diseases.

Last edited by eleni; 01-03-2010 at 11:06 PM.
eleni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:48 AM   #14
quetzalcoatl11
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleni View Post
Yes, absolutely. A high raw/ high live foods diet low in sugar (fruit sugar) and proper food combining = greater health and immunity and can reverse serious diseases.
This is true. For those who are hard-wired only to accept hard data, you may review the work of Otto von Warburg, the physicist who won the Nobel Peace prize in 1931. It was his research which showed that by increasing your body's ph level to a slightly alkaline state, not only did it reverse degenerative diseases and conditions such as cancer, but it eliminated the very environment they needed to thrive!

His research showed that cancer, along with many other degenerative conditions, can only operate in the absence of free oxygen- or in an anaerobic environment. By raising your body's ph levels you are bringing more oxygen into your body and destroying the very environment these degenerative conditions require in order to thrive. Now, it's not a good thing to be overly alkaline either, as this would subject one to ammonia poisoning- the ideal is a slightly alkaline ph. Let's not forget that even thoughts, such as negative thoughts, can influence and increase acid levels in the bloodstream, it's not only important to eat properly, you must also maintain the proper attitude as well!

Regarding the kidney stones and calcium deposits referenced above, one of the major purposes for D3 beyond it's many beneficial purposes, is to aid in the absorption of calcium. Also, be sure to take the correct form of calcium- the major types people are aware of are calcium citrate and calcium carbonate, calcium citrate absorbs much better in the body and would likely better suit you if you are encountering issues with absorption/deposits. It is also generally suggested that you take a 2:1 ratio of calcium to magnesium to aid in absorption. I just don't want you to give up so readily on such an important element.
quetzalcoatl11 is offline   Reply With Quote