Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 04:01 PM   #576
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Abraxas was banned and his group is closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE eXchanger View Post
a round table, is just that round

time for all of us, to pull up our chairs

and, do something about being/making/and, taking all of our places

they are all equal seats

lets all park something into the seat that eXpands

we have all come, a very long way, to get here

we have all come, with different talents, etc.,

if you can NOT support one person, support another

and, for heaven sakes, remember, YOU ARE YOUR OWN BEST SUPPORT TEAM

SOMETIMES, if you do NOT truly love another

it is best, to take your love, and, put it into someone/or something else

there are threads here, on PA/PC,
that we do NOT choose to support,
or, be involved with,
as, currently, it is NOT that they do NOT have value,
it is only, that, we do NOT have time
to spread ourselves/and, our energy, everywhere

respect for others, is a key

if you can NOT give respect,
then, simply do NOT give anything

take your good energy, and, park it,
in places, you believe, it will make a difference

if all of us, where NOT necessary
all of us, would NOT be here in this time

trust your gut/and, your heart, along with your head

there isn't time to fight - align with what you believe in most

and, help those threads - sky rocket to the top

simple/easy, and, likely a lot more fun,
than these so-called soap operas !!!

time for everyone, to be the changes; they came here to be !!!

best to trust your hearts on that one !!!
ALL??? do you really mean ALL, can sit at the table,exchanger?
Old 03-09-2010, 04:01 PM   #577
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Céline View Post
NO IT WOULD NOT BE PUBLIC RECORD

Laws protect victims if they so choose to remain anonymous...

Are you saying that law is unfair ?
it would be public record-on the sex offender - if it was truth

when it is NOT the full/or real truth

should it NOT be public record - on the accuser ???

aren't we here, to deal in "truth" ???
Old 03-09-2010, 04:02 PM   #578
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE eXchanger View Post
it would be public record-on the sex offender

when it is NOT the full/or real truth

should it NOT be public record - on the accuser ???

aren't we here, to deal in "truth" ???
It would be public record after the trial and the victims name would NOT be devulged...
Old 03-09-2010, 04:03 PM   #579
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
ALL??? do you really mean ALL, can sit at the table,exchanger?
all who deal in truth, can sit at the same table

those who don't deal in truth, are very easily spotted

and, normally removed from 'truthful' rounds

they kind of stick out, like 'sore thumbs'
Old 03-09-2010, 04:06 PM   #580
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

The Nature of Sexual Harassment

[Excerpted from Chapter 1 of the Ontario Women's Directorate's Employer's Guide: A Time for Action on Secual Harassment in the Workplace. (Toronto, ON: Ontario Women's Directorate, 1993) To order, see Publications]

A hostile or offensive workplace for women 'is created by repeated subtle, yet, unwelcome harassing behaviour. This is sometimes called the "poisoned'' work environment.

Sexual harassment is a pervasive workplace problem. It permeates both large and small workplaces in Ontario, and affects all employment sectors. In Canada, the first national survey showed that 49% of women in the workforce have experienced at least one type of unwanted sexual attention.(1)

The Ontario Human Rights Code states that "harassment means engaging in a course of vexatious comment or conduct that is known or ought reasonably to be known to be unwelcome."(2) Examples of sexual harassment include unwelcome leering or suggestive looks, sexual remarks, teasing or insults, subtle or crude sexual hints and pressures, and unwanted physical or sexual contact.

Sometimes sexual harassment is obvious. Overt harassment includes threats (a poor performance appraisal, or preventing a training opportunity) for failing to comply with the harasser's sexual solicitations or advances. It can take the form of suggestions of workrelated rewards (a good performance appraisal, or consideration of promotion) for complying with those demands. But it has been estimated that overt harassment makes up only 5% of workplace sexual harassment problems. Most often, the problem is more subtle. A hostile or offensive workplace for women is created by repeated subtle, yet, unwelcome harassing behaviour. This is sometimes called the "poisoned" work environment.(3)

Sexual harassment generally takes place in the worksite in the office, factory or on work property but can also take place in other locations, such as at meetings or conferences away from the regular workplace, while employees are travelling on workrelated business, or at office parties and informal gatherings. Employers are obligated to address harassment in any work-related environment.

An abuse of power

Sexual harassment is an abuse of power in working relationships. It was first defined as "unsolicited nonreciprocal male behavior that asserts a woman's sex role over her function as worker. It can be any or all of the following: staring at, commenting upon, or touching a woman's body; requests for acquiescence in sexual behavior; repeated nonreciprocated propositions for dates; demands for sexual intercourse; and rape; ... an act of aggression at any stage of its expression, and ... contributes to the ultimate goal of keeping women subordinate at work".(4) Research shows that the vast majority of workers who are sexually harassed are women, and that the vast majority of harassers are men.(5) The harasser can be an employee, employer, supervisor, coworker or customer. Sexual harassment is a form of sexual discrimination. Often, its presence signals a gender-based abuse of power in the workplace.

Studies have also shown that some women are particularly vulnerable to multiple forms of harassment. Aboriginal women, women of colour, and women in religious minorities may be subjected to combined racial, religious and sexual harassment in the workplace. Women with disabilities are also at risk for multiple workplace harassment. Women are also more subject to other forms of harassment related to their age, family and marital status. In work situations, genderbased abuse of power intertwines with other forms of power abuse. It is important to remember that employers are obligated to prevent all kinds of harassment in the workplace.

Sexual harassment is part of a continuum of violence against women. It is an attack on a person's self-esteem, integrity, personal security and economic well being. Whether violence takes place in the home, on the street, or in the workplace, the problem needs to be addressed seriously. Those who argue against solving these problems use the same arguments to deny that the problems exist, try to blame women for these problems and sometimes even suggest that accusations are false. Statements such as, "Look how she was dressed, she was asking for it," exemplify arguments which blame the victim. In fact, incidents of sexual harassment and sexual assault are generally underreported.

Like other forms of violence against women, sexual harassment in the workplace hurts, destroys and costs. But while the problem is pervasive and costly, it can be stopped. It is the employer's responsibility to free the workplace from this form of violence against women. It is in the employer's interest to ensure a healthy working environment for all employees.

Differing perceptions

Different people have different reactions when they first think about sexual harassment in the workplace. Those reactions can be influenced by whether you are a woman or a man, an employer or an employee, and many other factors. But different people do have different perceptions. That is why, when preventive actions are developed in an organization, these points should be kept in mind:

* employers often perceive their risks differently than do judges;
* human resource personnel may perceive lower risks than workers;
* men may perceive low or no risk even while women in the same workplace are being sexually harassed;
* men and women tend to underrate the additional risk faced by women and men who are aboriginal, of colour, or persons with disabilities.

Some people claim that it is impossible to tell the difference between sexual harassment and flattery, or sexual harassment and romance. But the differences are not really mysterious. Women (and men) who mutually welcome the interactions do not wish they would may stay away from work to avoid stop. Women (and men) who are harassed want it to stop.

Does this mean that sexual harassment is just a matter of opinion? No. While opinions about harassment are shaped by different life experiences, we can develop some common understandings. Sexual harassment is unwelcome sexual attention in the workplace. Employers are obligated to take action to prevent sexual harassment in their workplace. It is to the employer's advantage to learn more about what sexual harassment costs and to take necessary actions to avoid these costs.

Sexual harassment costs

Experiencing sexual harassment in the workplace is traumatic for victims. Their economic wellbeing is threatened and harmed. This has a serious impact not only on the employee, but also on her family. As well as causing economic hardship, sexual harassment creates severe workrelated stress. It becomes difficult for the employee to concentrate on her work or to complete work tasks efficiently. Often, she suffers increasing mental anguish, selfdoubt and depression as her selfesteem as a productive worker is attacked. The psychological and physical health toll is high. An employee who is harassed may stay away from work to avoid the stress, and chronic stress related illnesses frequently result from workplace sexual harassment. Many victims reluctantly quit their jobs when the employer' takes no effective action.

The immediate costs to employers, such as, decreased efficiency, loss of productivity, high absenteeism, and disruptions from frequent and longerterm sick leaves all harm the employer. The organization must spend unneccessary money for avoidable problems. Profits are weakened by higher costs for employee benefits, by high workforce turnover, by the loss of trained and effective workers, and by the resulting increase in human resource costs. Obtaining legal counsel for the resolution of formal complaints or human rights commission investigations can add even greater costs as can any legal orders brought against the employer for failure to take appropriate actions.

Doing nothing can be the most expensive option for everyone concerned. Employer actions that are too little, too late, harm the complainant, the alleged harasser, and the organization's bottom line. Preventing sexual harassment is not just the right thing to do. It is also the employer's legal responsibility and makes good business sense.

Notes

1 Canadian Human Rights Commission. Unwanted Sexual Attention and Sexual Harassment: Results of A Survey of Canadians. Ottawa: Minister of Supply and Services Canada, 1983 (page 5).

2 Ontario Human Rights Code, 1981, Section 9 (f).

3 Louise Fitzgerald's New York Times article, cited in "The Nature of the Beast" by Anita Hill. Ms., JanuaryFebruary 1992, Volume 11, Number 4 (page 33).

4 Lyn Farley, Sexual Shakedown: The Sexual Harassment of Women on the Job. New York: McGrawHill, 1978.

5 Canadian Human Rights Commission. Harassment Casebook: Summaries of Selected Harassment Cases. Ottawa: Minister of Supply and Services Canada, 1991. See also the Ontario and Canadian Human Rights Commissions'Annual Reports.A
Old 03-09-2010, 04:13 PM   #581
SteveX
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

i am what i am ...i cant change that
There is nothing to fear... err.... apart from physical things like detranged axe men. eXchager has it pegged

http://projectavalon.net/forum/showp...&postcount=551
Old 03-09-2010, 04:15 PM   #582
fr66ajc
Avalon Senior Member

Not wishing to butt in here.. but I will.

If the accused is guilty... hang them out to dry.
If the accusers were stiching the accused up then hang them out to dry.

However if the accusers were truthfull then they should have the right to annonymity should they so wish.

That's my take anyway.

The difference in this scenario though is the 'court' is not open and public. There is no jury of '12 good men/women' so this, I think, is where some of the distrust and frustration is coming in. The public cannot view the proceedings because we are not mods.

So, given the nature of the case and the way forums are run, we have to wait and see what info we get from the 'closed' court and trust the fact that the mods are good people and will do what is right for those involved.

That's how I see things anyway.

93 93/93
Love is the Law, Love under Wiill
Old 03-09-2010, 04:15 PM   #583
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveX View Post
There is nothing to fear... err.... apart from physical things like detranged axe men. eXchager has it pegged

http://projectavalon.net/forum/showp...&postcount=551
deranged axe men? been there done that..no worries ...i carry a big stick.

and i dont believe i said i was affraid
Old 03-09-2010, 04:16 PM   #584
UncleJohn
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
The Nature of Sexual Harassment

[Excerpted from Chapter 1 of the Ontario Women's Directorate's Employer's Guide: A Time for Action on Secual Harassment in the Workplace. (Toronto, ON: Ontario Women's Directorate, 1993) To order, see Publications]

Sexual harassment is an abuse of power in working relationships.

Thanks Celine.
I say this a moderator, but feel that it would be best if GaiaLove straighten this out to me and the rest of forum. Perhaps this would include unbanning Abrax but I don't know all the facts of this situation. I must say, not knowing, really bothers me.

Last edited by morguana; 03-09-2010 at 05:13 PM.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:18 PM   #585
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr66ajc View Post
Not wishing to butt in here.. but I will.

If the accused is guilty... hang them out to dry.
If the accusers were stiching the accused up then hang them out to dry.

However if the accusers were truthfull then they should have the right to annonymity should they so wish.

That's my take anyway.

The difference in this scenario though is the 'court' is not open and public. There is no jury of '12 good men/women' so this, I think, is where some of the distrust and frustration is coming in. The public cannot view the proceedings because we are not mods.

So, given the nature of the case and the way forums are run, we have to wait and see what info we get from the 'closed' court and trust the fact that the mods are good people and will do what is right for those involved.

That's how I see things anyway.

93 93/93
Love is the Law, Love under Wiill
Theire right to anonymity does not reside on whether or not the accused is guilty..the right to anonymity is given so women dont FEAR coming forth...

And this thread...this battle is a PRIME example why women do NOT come out and do something about it...and why the laws are there to PROTECT these any women who wish to come forth...

i am dumbfounded why some cant see that

1 mistake + i mistake does NOT equate Growth...
Old 03-09-2010, 04:23 PM   #586
Myplanet2
In The Mists

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJohn View Post
Thanks Celine.

I say this a moderator, but feel that it would be best if GaiaLove straighten this out to me and the rest of forum. Perhaps this would include unbanning Abrax but I don't know all the facts of this situation. I must say, not knowing, really bothers me.
Thanks Uncle John, and Fr66ajc. Did I get that right?

Thanks for the voices of reason. Yes, if Abrax is guilty he should stay gone. Yes if Gaialove lied to forward his already set upon agenda of removing Abrax, he should be gone, although as admin, that's lots less likely than abrax staying gone, and those who would have to pick up the slack in workload would probably cringe at the idea too. practicalities.

And if someone has been wronged, and they feel having it paraded in public would be a further wrong, then that should be respected too, although this is hard to reconcile with the groing notion that Abrax may himself have been deliberately wronged in the whole crusade to restore holiness to the castle.

Truth is the cure.

Last edited by morguana; 03-09-2010 at 05:17 PM.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:25 PM   #587
SteveX
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Theire right to anonymity does not reside on whether or not the accused is guilty..the right to anonymity is given so women dont FEAR coming forth...

And this thread...this battle is a PRIME example why women do NOT come out and do something about it...and why the laws are there to PROTECT these any women who wish to come forth...

Quite right `ere `ere.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:26 PM   #588
Myplanet2
In The Mists

Quote:

And if some spiteful, vengeful woman puts some man who jilted her in jail on false charges, what has this bleeding heart approach to justice done then. This has happened lots of times.

Some laws are laughably stupid. anonymous accusation is one of them. Is that even a law in the jurisdiction where Avalon falls? I"ve noticed you quote Canadian references.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:26 PM   #589
fr66ajc
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
That is a very good point, but I really wasn't suggesting we should know before hand, only after the results and only if the 'accusers' were truthful and wish to reveal themselves. Anonymity should be guaranteed unless the accuser is proven false. If the accuser is proven truthful and chooses not to remain anonymous then that is up to them.

Granted men are not sexually harassed nearly as much nor as vilely but I would stand by that for us too. If I accused a woman of sexual harassment just to get her into trouble and it was proved I lied in court, I wouldn't expect any protection from the press as I stepped out of court and into the wagon taking me to prison.

I hope I made myself clear there as I had no intention of defending the idea that the accusers should be exposed if the accusations were truthful.

93 93/93
Love is the Law, Love under Will
Old 03-09-2010, 04:27 PM   #590
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJohn View Post
Thanks Celine.

i used to to make a point...

Yes volunteers...but does that negate the rights of a victim to stay anonymous?

Dont you have to remouve your mod hat before you share your opinion?

If you dont know all the facts how dare you make these assumptions?

Not knowing... bothers you...

not knowing what...the name of the victim? the circumstance?

Who are we to demand that?

Last edited by morguana; 03-09-2010 at 05:17 PM.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:30 PM   #591
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myplanet2 View Post
And if some spiteful, vengeful woman puts some man who jilted her in jail on false charges, what has this bleeding heart approach to justice done then. This has happened lots of times.

Some laws are laughably stupid. anonymous accusation is one of them. Is that even a law in the jurisdiction where Avalon falls? I"ve noticed you quote Canadian references.
it was pure;ly to make a point to exchanger...who yes is canadian

If that is the thruth then it is an argument for the COURT ..not for us.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:34 PM   #592
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

important to hold fast,
your force, and, your power
and, NOT unselectively share it, with others,
you do NOT really know

more times, than NOT
it is curiousity,
that kills the cat

more times, than NOT
it is the accusor,
who solicits, the one who stands accused

all was done, in this senario,
as consulting/and, curious adults,
on their own time, and, within their own space
and, NOT even here, on PA/PC

quite frankly, there are a lot of men
who are making it, their business,
here on PA/PC
to put themselves out there,
as, big spiritaulists, and, think they can act like super-man
when the truth is, many of them, really do NOT know
their whole asses, from holes in the ground,
and, believe, it is, their job
to protect, a lot of women
from 'blue dragons', black/red/and, white orbs/and, serpents etc.,
and, who believe, they can actually do these healings on others,
without the permission, from that persons
higher self/essence/and, monad
WHICH is NOT a truth
WITHOUT permission from someone elses higher team
you can do NO work ~ you are simply kidding yourself
about, what the truth, of your powers actually really are

People need to learn, to handle their own complex aspects
and, quite frankly, without their own higher self/essence/and, monad
in agreement - there is NOT anyone, who can do this type of work

time to learn, to go within, and, discover your own true magnificence
and, own it !!!

Time to quit blaming others, for your own short-comings
and, step into the truth, of all that you truly are !!!

Turn inward, it is all there !!!

melding/and, blending with others, in a 3D sense
is, just is NOT the right road !!!

at least not until you are in full command/and, full demand
of all you 13 aspects; along with your 7 energetic eXpressions,
then, and, only then, can you do YOUR OWN WILL !!!

and, YOUR OWN WILL, is THE WAY
Old 03-09-2010, 04:35 PM   #593
SteveX
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
deranged axe men? been there done that..no worries ...i carry a big stick.

and i dont believe i said i was affraid
You quoted me saying "burn the witch burn the witch" A quote refering to FEAR. Fear within the Village idiots at the burning.

Now... I don't play drama drama. By saying "go ahead call me a witching burning idiot" you got the correct answer. Face your fear because it's within you.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:35 PM   #594
hippihillbobbi
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agape View Post
Theorethical maths is such a wonderful thing..it knows no religion, and so and so, it can't give answers to your 'quest for truth' either
unless you know where to cross those vast limitless boundaries extending in space over to the other side,
our mirror reality, where numbers read : truth, peace, love, compassion.

Remember that the whole story here is about logic and systems, and the game for an advanced adept in logical sciences has its rules ,
the rules are : how far can you go into explaining right everything ( infinite..) and stay logical and sane at the same time ..?

There are many ways how to do it but one of the most encompassing ones is about creating mirrors, systems of awareness that are able to hold certain quanta of theoretical facts tight together . Less personally you take it , better for you , but then again ,
where does it leave 'you', standing on the path .....

The eagles of Spirit sore high in abstractions and all worldly is too mean and foreign to them,
the saying goes: '' the shadow of an eagle is a turtle on a ground''

Even with the best of intentions, you can't control, the light..and the shadow .

To control our mind, even the very refined analytical mind, requires that we embrace one subtle system or another .
The matrix, the grid, the times of magicians are over remind you, but it's all about systems .
Hold on to it or create a new one but know you can't replicate Divine Law in its infinity , in its precision,
in another words, the upper and lower limits are both touching zero but never reach there.

It's mirrors of reality in us reflecting much bigger mirrors. Even if you 'capture' the reality for short time, are we still able to record it ?

It also suggests, that we are all free to stand still, practise discernment and reflect the reality in the most amazing ways we are able to do so..

A
Thanks, Agape. I appreciate your bringing this back around to the concept of mirrors, i.e., the "evil" we perceive in the other is typically a reflection of our own unrecognized "evil." But many people are not comfortable yet releasing the concept of duality ..... or of seeing it as a "step" on the way to Unity.

At the risk of continuing the brouhaha, i feel i must say (as, indeed, someone already has noted...MP2 perhaps) that one of the primary "Truths" that i appreciated from Abraxas and the Thuban thread (YES ... I AM ONE OF THE DRAGON-CULT MEMBERS! Fair Disclosure!!) is the emphasis put on the importance of transcending polarity, e.g., the polarity on this thread, between B&K, and in all its various forms out in the "real" world. I have been "attacked" for this concept (though not by name) by many dragon-haters here who seem to equate "transcending polarity" with ideas like "it's ok for evil dracs to eat babies and possess our souls." those of you who have studied some Buddhism or Taoism or even any "pop" western translation of these ancient philosophies can probablyl recognize this interpretation as coming from the perception that duality is real rather than illusary. but to many others of us here, it sounds instead like ya'll think "transcending polarity" is tantamount to "choosing NOT to fight with the forces of light/good against the forces of darkness/evil."

As a member (in good standing! LOL!) of the Abraxasinas/Thuban/Dragon Cult, i feel the right to assert that it has certainly been painful for me to read this entire thread, with its persistent theme of exorcism, witch hunt, inquisition, lynching, demonization. Tony/Abraxas undoubtedly can be said to be a man-with-a-mission, but he is most certainly a MAN, not a MONSTER or evil spirit or ET out either to eat us, possess our souls, sexually harrass us, or turn us into Thuban slaves!

Unless someone was harassed by Abraxas in a PM or personal E-mail (which, at the moment, i don't think we know), then HE HARASSED NO ONE!! How do i know this?!!? I was there! i have read every word of his original thread and every word posted on the threads in our "Thuban Social Group." There was no sexual harassment in any of this material! There may have been teachings re: sexuality that offended someone--either a member of the Social Group or someone just "lurking" there. But there was NOTHING that I was ever exposed to in this group nor on the public thread that could remotely be construed as sexual harassment!

If, indeed, there HAS BEEN some instance in a private message that either WAS or WAS CONSTRUED AS sexual harassment by Tony toward the "recipient," then that is another matter altogether. (and all our love and wishes for healing should go out to both "perp" and "victim.") But we DO NOT KNOW THIS at the moment, and so imo we should hold our judgment of Abraxas as a person until this IS KNOWN (if ever) one way or another. As far as the Thuban material goes, of course, everyone is free to discern/discriminate/judge its worthiness untill the cows come home, (as we say down south!). but it sure would be nice if those of you who perceive this material to be "evil, dangerous, unworthy" or whatever would AT LEAST talk respectfully to those of us who (using our own God-given powers of discernment) fail to see the same devils and demons in it and Abraxas as you do.

I Love You All, my sisters and brothers. dragon-lovers and haters alike!

Your sister in the love of Father-Mother God and her-his Son, Jesus
hippihillbobbi

Last edited by hippihillbobbi; 03-09-2010 at 04:54 PM.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:37 PM   #595
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

the real topic here is this:

OWNED and, OWING YOUR OWN FORCE/AND, YOUR OWN POWER

FIRST AND FOREMOST !!!

BEFORE, making any choices

be who you really are - and, do that eloquently

there are NO errors; or, NO mistakes

there just is, what there is

bad judgements
Old 03-09-2010, 04:38 PM   #596
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

a good eXample of a good male spiritualist here on project avalon/and, camelot
is tone3jag / brad

he is one, who does know, what end is UP !!!
Old 03-09-2010, 04:38 PM   #597
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

a good eXample of a good realist, who is a spirit - is Bill
Old 03-09-2010, 04:39 PM   #598
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

and, Kerry is a good eXample of a spiritualist

every here, should develop their own spirit, as, best they can

it goes with you, from this life cycle to the neXt life cycle