Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 03-02-2010, 07:54 AM   #1
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Thumbs up The shocking truth about public schools

This young student must be an Indigo, taking the stage & speaking out about education in Public schools.

waitinginthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:10 AM   #2
truthseekerdan
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The shocking truth about public schools

Thanks for sharing! Great video
truthseekerdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 06:46 PM   #3
Northern Boy
Avalon Senior Member

good video WW the only thing about it some of the wording he uses we all know by now the meaning of a person according to Blacks Law Dictionary but it wasn#t till recently I looked up thew name human in it you will not believe this ..............it says ...........see monster
Northern Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:28 PM   #4
-Axiom-
Avalon Senior Member

That kids seriously lacks critical thinking skills.
-Axiom- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:54 AM   #5
Kikine
Avalon Senior Member

My god!!! i so agree with that video.. I am still at school and I still dont like it. ITs brainwashing!! I assure you that it works that way! ANd... i have critical thinking lol
Kikine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:04 AM   #6
Boober
Avalon Senior Member

Charter schools are going be the new thing! It sucks because the only kids who are going to be going to Public schools are the poor kids who cant afford transportation to a charter school.
Boober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 04:32 AM   #7
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Maro View Post
Charter schools are going be the new thing! It sucks because the only kids who are going to be going to Public schools are the poor kids who cant afford transportation to a charter school.
Hi Maro......I have never heard of Charter schools......can you tell us about them?
Old 03-03-2010, 04:33 AM   #8
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Axiom- View Post
That kids seriously lacks critical thinking skills.
He wouldn't be doing that vid, if he didn't have a thinking brain.......unless your being sarcastic of course.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:55 AM   #9
Bauzer
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitinginthewings View Post
Hi Maro......I have never heard of Charter schools......can you tell us about them?
I think he's referring to Private schools? Maybe its called that there?

I thought he did a pretty good video there. I would pretty much agree with everything that he says. Most of school is ********. They don't teach you important skills that you actually have to deal with. I find it interesting as well that they don't teach you things like Finance in school. Learn how to balance a budget, or watch your savings, or any number of real world things you are forced to deal with in this world. You are just to be set loose, and fend for yourself. Get sucked in to spending and sucked in to debt, then they own you all the more.

Maybe someday this could all change... hopefully for the better.

Last edited by Bauzer; 03-03-2010 at 05:59 AM.
Bauzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 06:14 AM   #10
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Boy View Post
good video WW the only thing about it some of the wording he uses we all know by now the meaning of a person according to Blacks Law Dictionary but it wasn#t till recently I looked up thew name human in it you will not believe this ..............it says ...........see monster
So basically, we are "useless eater seamonsters"? Is that about right? It gets better all the time

Was it tptb that put Blacks dictionary together.?.....
Old 03-03-2010, 06:58 AM   #11
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boober View Post
Charter schools are not guaranteed to be better than public schools, especially the religious ones, which indoctrinate the students in a different way (through religion).

I went to both a charter school and a public school. The public school had better education and more incentive to score higher grades. The charter school had poor educational standards, lazy teachers and they hired a lot of suspicious people, such as sexual predators, leading to scandals.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 06:47 PM   #12
-Axiom-
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
He wouldn't be doing that vid, if he didn't have a thinking brain.......unless your being sarcastic of course.

That kid is regurgitating what he has been fed by others.
There is a grain of truth in there somewhere.

I'd like to see him try to support any of his claims.

Seriously, public schools are a Illuminati conspiracy?
That is bullchit of the highest order.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence". - Carl Sagan.

Last edited by -Axiom-; 03-03-2010 at 07:38 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:27 PM   #13
Stardustaquarion
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikine View Post
My god!!! i so agree with that video.. I am still at school and I still dont like it. ITs brainwashing!! I assure you that it works that way! ANd... i have critical thinking lol
Hi Kikine

You are right school is brainwashing and it has for purpose to make us comform. There are alternative schools but still to thin on the ground but a movement called Regio Emilia has started in Italy of all places

Regretfully is only for little people

Still, is a good thing that you are a discerning being and trying to find your way out of the maze

Love
Stardustaquarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:33 PM   #14
Kikine
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardustaquarion View Post
Hi Kikine

You are right school is brainwashing and it has for purpose to make us comform. There are alternative schools but still to thin on the ground but a movement called Regio Emilia has started in Italy of all places

Regretfully is only for little people

Still, is a good thing that you are a discerning being and trying to find your way out of the maze

Love
Two words: Thank You!
Old 03-03-2010, 11:09 PM   #15
dddanieljjjamesss
Avalon Senior Member

I graduated high school in 06, and public schooling is one of the constant things I look back on in trying to figure out exactly why the world seems so bonkers.

Every year the 0 tolerance policies get harsher, and every year the new freshman are even more wild and rebellious. When I was just learning about pot, kids in school were doing coke, now my younger sister tells me heroin is rolling through our area. This is small town USA, I grew up in the woods for crissake. It is something that all of my friends can attest to. Doesn't matter where you live... the control structure of schools and the rebellious ideas associated with drugs go hand in hand... can't imagine what kind of world loses a few students every year to drunk driving accidents, drug overdoses, and voilence.

The school authorities position is too much in the past. Stricter control only reinforces the roles. This kid may not be expressing his point of view as clearly and directly as possible (I'll blame the schools for that as well) but he knows what system he is a victim of.

Growing up for me was always about trying to survive the clone-machine while everyone else was running around completely unaware.
dddanieljjjamesss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:18 AM   #16
krokhult
Avalon Senior Member

Axiom- All of these student's claims are supported and fully documented by the work of John Taylor Gatto. Check out johntaylorgatto.com. I teach second grade - after studying Gatto's work, I feel like a bit of a subversive. The history of public education is documented. Where we are headed is frightening.
krokhult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:38 AM   #17
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Its notable, how many parents now are choosing to home-school their kids. They are smart parents, who see today's classrooms for what they are, programming rooms.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:29 AM   #18
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Its notable, how many parents now are choosing to home-school their kids. They are smart parents, who see today's classrooms for what they are, programming rooms.
Unless they program their kids at home to be mindless Christian soldiers. I've seen it.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:07 AM   #19
Jonathon
Avalon Senior Member

I would offer up that there is just as big of a conspiracy in failure to parent. There are two sides to this story. The truth is also that students have become less teachable, parents are either disinterested, unavailable or unwilling to participate, and as a result there is no longer any real form of discipline or recourse for schools and teachers. There are demands and accusations made by irresponsible students parents that want results they aren't willing to sacrifice for themselves, except in cases where monetary awards may be received through litigation. These lawsuits, although perhaps a huge minority,shape the entirety of policies governing education. It's a cake and eat it too type of situation. It is also true that while teacher's have one hand tied back by their inability to maintain order with students and parents, the administrative bureaucracy ties the other hand. There is a push on both sides. More times than not, people get exactly what they ask for... as the decent/intelligent folk are out to lunch while the riff raff litigate their way to ignorance.

This is not to comment at all on the material that is being taught (you'd have to be blind not to see what is going on there) and the level it is taught down to. School is mostly daycare these days, however you get out of it what you put into it like anything else. Almost all schools have honors programs, yet the large majority do not participate in them. Now why is that? You know how excited most schools would be to have more kids in their honors programs? More kids and parents that gave a crap? That translates to big numbers folks - more affluent neighborhoods, more tax revenue, happier and better teachers etc and so on.

[Insert egotistical rant] All I see in this kids video is another victim looking for someone to blame or scapegoat. He is hardly researched and makes a poor argument. Where is his responsibility in this? He claims he is being indoctrinated and fed BS, yet he can't make a simple valid argument to support his case? Does he not have access to the internet or a library? Seems kind of ironical doesn't it? "I aren't being edumacated!!" He can cry anarchy all he wants - that's not going to fix anything. Educate yourself. Don't hold everyone else accountable and make enemies of the world. If you see a problem, then isn't it your job to find a solution - not become it's victim? Totally uninspiring. [rant /out]
Jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:05 PM   #20
JuLiSsa
Avalon Senior Member

Great video! I also like this one:

Cheers,

Julissa
JuLiSsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:41 PM   #21
-Axiom-
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathon View Post
I would offer up that there is just as big of a conspiracy in failure to parent. There are two sides to this story. The truth is also that students have become less teachable, parents are either disinterested, unavailable or unwilling to participate, and as a result there is no longer any real form of discipline or recourse for schools and teachers. There are demands and accusations made by irresponsible students parents that want results they aren't willing to sacrifice for themselves, except in cases where monetary awards may be received through litigation. These lawsuits, although perhaps a huge minority,shape the entirety of policies governing education. It's a cake and eat it too type of situation. It is also true that while teacher's have one hand tied back by their inability to maintain order with students and parents, the administrative bureaucracy ties the other hand. There is a push on both sides. More times than not, people get exactly what they ask for... as the decent/intelligent folk are out to lunch while the riff raff litigate their way to ignorance.

This is not to comment at all on the material that is being taught (you'd have to be blind not to see what is going on there) and the level it is taught down to. School is mostly daycare these days, however you get out of it what you put into it like anything else. Almost all schools have honors programs, yet the large majority do not participate in them. Now why is that? You know how excited most schools would be to have more kids in their honors programs? More kids and parents that gave a crap? That translates to big numbers folks - more affluent neighborhoods, more tax revenue, happier and better teachers etc and so on.

[Insert egotistical rant] All I see in this kids video is another victim looking for someone to blame or scapegoat. He is hardly researched and makes a poor argument. Where is his responsibility in this? He claims he is being indoctrinated and fed BS, yet he can't make a simple valid argument to support his case? Does he not have access to the internet or a library? Seems kind of ironical doesn't it? "I aren't being edumacated!!" He can cry anarchy all he wants - that's not going to fix anything. Educate yourself. Don't hold everyone else accountable and make enemies of the world. If you see a problem, then isn't it your job to find a solution - not become it's victim? Totally uninspiring. [rant /out]

I couldn't agree more.
I was trying to find a way to post what you did, you did much better than I would have.

I think the bigger problem is the erosion of the family unit, the schools have to deal with this daily across a wide spectrum.

Nowadays we have all these school shootings, that simply didn't happen when I was in school.
I used to bring a pocket knife to school with me, it was never a problem.
I wasn't threatening anybody though either.

This is just a side effect of the decline of our social values over the last 30 yrs.
Some public schools are better than others and it is largely dictated by the socio-economic factors of a given school district.
It is not the amount of money the schools receive, it is the social standards of the people in the school district.

To say that this is a conspiracy of international bankers is akin to believing that the World Trade center was demolished by nano-thermite...
Old 03-05-2010, 01:41 AM   #22
Kikine
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathon View Post
Almost all schools have honors programs, yet the large majority do not participate in them. Now why is that? You know how excited most schools would be to have more kids in their honors programs? [rant /out]
Haha sry but that made me laugh. Honor program. For sure i would never do that. And there are reasons for that you know. And it is not because students dont want to learn or work(like most people think) etc. Honor are too demanding for nothing. I know people in those kind of program and there are becoming crazy by all the stuff there is to do. I always had super grades at school and i always did my best but i assure you that school is too demanding. I think nobody can understand that if they havent been to one recently. I am in a normal program because Honor are too ''stressed''. I would have been able to get into one. But Honor program are just too loaded. It kills your brain. (in a manner of speaking llol). There are reasons for that.. i just name one.. anyway... I could go for hours so lets stop here
Old 03-05-2010, 02:17 AM   #23
metaw3
Avalon Senior Member

I've seen that kid before. He's a fan of Alex Jones and active member of We Are Change. He's been a few times on the Alex Jones show. Here's a video where he explains why he's an activist:

metaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 02:29 AM   #24
Jonathon
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikine View Post
Haha sry but that made me laugh. Honor program. For sure i would never do that. And there are reasons for that you know. And it is not because students dont want to learn or work(like most people think) etc. Honor are too demanding for nothing. I know people in those kind of program and there are becoming crazy by all the stuff there is to do. I always had super grades at school and i always did my best but i assure you that school is too demanding. I think nobody can understand that if they havent been to one recently. I am in a normal program because Honor are too ''stressed''. I would have been able to get into one. But Honor program are just too loaded. It kills your brain. (in a manner of speaking llol). There are reasons for that.. i just name one.. anyway... I could go for hours so lets stop here
Don't you see how you just made my whole point? Let's not sweat too much now. Let's shoot for the target somewhere in between middle-ground mediocrity and apathy... just enough to make us feel like we are doing something, when in fact deep down perhaps we fear our own god given potential. Don't notice that piece of trash on the sidewalk, someone might expect you to pick it up (that someone is probably you).

This is why the masses are so difficult to wake up. Somewhere in there they know how much work it is to change their paradigm... there isn't time between 3 hours of TV comedy and there's no point in getting all 'stressed'. Besides... people w/ different paradigms are too busy and concerned; and no one else is doing it so it must not be that important.

Welcome to the conspiracy
Jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 02:32 AM   #25
Kikine
Avalon Senior Member

lol I would love to work 24/7 on changes. . anytime! But sry i dont know what point you are talking about.. haha my bad english....