Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > What Does It Mean ?

Notices

What Does It Mean ? What does this all mean for the Ground Crew ?

Old 01-26-2010, 09:33 PM   #1
Christo888
Avalon Senior Member

Default A Red Hummingbird

Does anyone have information on a brilliant red hummingbird?

I was sitting on a park bench and heard this rhythmic buzzing coming from under the bushes and saw what looked like maybe a tail wagging through the leaves. Then after a few moments a brilliant all Red Hummingbird flew out of the bushes over me and then another brown one flew in the opposite direction. The Red Hummingbird was solid red, but all I can find is ruby red hummingbirds on Google.

Any bird aficionados out there?
Christo888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:07 PM   #2
fossileyesed
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: A Red Hummingbird

last summer my dad had one checking him out on the patio at his seniors home
it had a red head and and neck that glowed luminescent.he was tripping,thinking it had a light attached to it some how.quite funny.
turned out that some of them have luminescent feathers.

also they are a good animal totem if your into that stuff.
http://www.animaltotem.com/hummingbird.html

http://hummingbirdworld.com/h/totem.htm

they are definately beautiful,mesmerizing somehow

probally not what you were asking for,but hope you like

peace...kent
fossileyesed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:38 PM   #3
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

It could well be you met the Rufous Hummingbird Christo .

Keys to identification Help

Rufous Hummingbird

Size & Shape
A fairly small hummingbird with a slender, nearly straight bill, a tail that tapers to a point when folded, and fairly short wings that don’t reach the end of the tail when the bird is perched.

Color Pattern
In good light, male Rufous Hummingbirds glow like coals: bright orange on the back and belly, with a vivid iridescent-red throat. Females are green above with rufous-washed flanks, rufous patches in the green tail, and often a spot of orange in the throat.

Behavior
Rufous Hummingbirds have the hummingbird gift for fast, darting flight and pinpoint maneuverability. They are pugnacious birds that tirelessly chase away other hummingbirds, even in places they’re only visiting on migration. Like other hummers, they eat insects as well as nectar, taking them from spider webs or catching them in midair.

Habitat
Rufous Hummingbirds breed in open areas, yards, parks, and forests up to treeline. On migration they pass through mountain meadows as high as 12,600 feet where nectar-rich, tubular flowers are blooming. Winter habitat in Mexico includes shrubby openings and oak-pine forests at middle to high elevation.

Adult male

Red-gold iridescent throat and chin Rufous face and sides Green forehead (may be mostly rufous) Rufous nape and back (back may be green on some birds)

Love from me
mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:42 PM   #4
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Hummingbird:
Messenger of Joy

For me, there is no more joyful indication that winter is over than the return of the hummingbirds. One of my favorite warm-weather activities is to sit outside in the evening and watch their graceful acrobatics.

As teachers of joy, their lessons are many.

Although hummingbirds eat small insects, they require nectar as fuel, and in gathering this they pollinate flowers in a mutually beneficial relationship.

Because of this, many cultures associate hummingbirds with the healing properties of flowers and herbs.

I find also that in meditating on Hummingbird I think of flower and other essences. The vibrating hum of its wings and its lightness seem to symbolize the subtle energetic healing which essences can provide.

Its physical lightness serves as a powerful reminder for us to lighten up. When we are heavily burdened with worries and fears our spirits cannot soar. Hummingbird deepens this message with its rainbow-iridescent feathers which have caused some species to be named after precious stones (such as the ruby-throated species).

The hummingbird is unique in that it can fly not only forward, but backward and sideways. It also has an unusual hovering pattern, and can move its wings in a figure eight pattern -- a symbol for infinity.

This flying pattern also has meaning for us. So often, we find ourselves stuck in time: lost in regret about or longing for the past, or hoping (often without much true hope) that the future will be better, hanging our dreams on a distant cloud.

Hummingbird shows us how to re-visit the past for the purpose of releasing it instead of being caught in a permanently backward flight pattern. It also helps us to see that if we step aside we may see our life differently.

Hummingbird teaches us to transcend time, to recognize that what has happened in the past and what might happen in the future is not nearly as important as what we are experiencing now. It teaches us to hover in the moment, to appreciate its sweetness.

Hummingbird tells us to drink deeply of the nectar of life.

Love Always
mudra
Old 01-26-2010, 10:43 PM   #5
lindabaker
Avalon Senior Member

If the hummingbird comes your way, it is representative of joy!
lindabaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:45 PM   #6
lindabaker
Avalon Senior Member

Ha ha: Mudra: we posted the same thought at the same time. The Hummingbird represents Joy. Of course, your post was much more poetic and beautiful! Linda
lindabaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:05 PM   #7
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindabaker View Post
Ha ha: Mudra: we posted the same thought at the same time. The Hummingbird represents Joy. Linda

One Love Linda

mudra
Old 01-27-2010, 12:45 AM   #8
Harper
Avalon Senior Member

well you know that humming is of course a beautiful sound, and we are all looking for the keys to the truth. Those keys in my opinion are sounds

The beauty and creativity of our uni VERSE,

The tones or notes those Unified Verses we all sing.

Tis only a good thing -- enjoy
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 01:01 AM   #9
fossileyesed
Avalon Senior Member

i just noticed you can see my humming bird feeder in my avatar
hanging on the post to the left.its a pic of my sanctuary,observatory for star pictures.
peace
Old 01-27-2010, 01:05 AM   #10
Harper
Avalon Senior Member

oh fossil,

I get caught by the seeming coincidences everyday

isnt it wonderful?

bees

gg
Old 01-27-2010, 01:14 AM   #11
fossileyesed
Avalon Senior Member

amen bro,lol
peace...kent
Old 01-27-2010, 01:19 AM   #12
Harper
Avalon Senior Member

if twas me you were you referring to - im a sis,

if not I am delighted to meet you

are you a stone or tones my fossil?
Old 01-27-2010, 04:24 AM   #13
Christo888
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossileyesed View Post
last summer my dad had one checking him out on the patio at his seniors home
it had a red head and and neck that glowed luminescent.he was tripping,thinking it had a light attached to it some how.quite funny.
turned out that some of them have luminescent feathers.

also they are a good animal totem if your into that stuff.
http://www.animaltotem.com/hummingbird.html

http://hummingbirdworld.com/h/totem.htm

they are definately beautiful,mesmerizing somehow

probally not what you were asking for,but hope you like

peace...kent
Thanks Kent, I love the discovery of animal totems when they show up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudra View Post

Hummingbird:
Messenger of Joy

For me, there is no more joyful indication that winter is over than the return of the hummingbirds. One of my favorite warm-weather activities is to sit outside in the evening and watch their graceful acrobatics.

As teachers of joy, their lessons are many.

Although hummingbirds eat small insects, they require nectar as fuel, and in gathering this they pollinate flowers in a mutually beneficial relationship.

Because of this, many cultures associate hummingbirds with the healing properties of flowers and herbs.

I find also that in meditating on Hummingbird I think of flower and other essences. The vibrating hum of its wings and its lightness seem to symbolize the subtle energetic healing which essences can provide.

Its physical lightness serves as a powerful reminder for us to lighten up. When we are heavily burdened with worries and fears our spirits cannot soar. Hummingbird deepens this message with its rainbow-iridescent feathers which have caused some species to be named after precious stones (such as the ruby-throated species).

The hummingbird is unique in that it can fly not only forward, but backward and sideways. It also has an unusual hovering pattern, and can move its wings in a figure eight pattern -- a symbol for infinity.

This flying pattern also has meaning for us. So often, we find ourselves stuck in time: lost in regret about or longing for the past, or hoping (often without much true hope) that the future will be better, hanging our dreams on a distant cloud.

Hummingbird shows us how to re-visit the past for the purpose of releasing it instead of being caught in a permanently backward flight pattern. It also helps us to see that if we step aside we may see our life differently.

Hummingbird teaches us to transcend time, to recognize that what has happened in the past and what might happen in the future is not nearly as important as what we are experiencing now. It teaches us to hover in the moment, to appreciate its sweetness.

Hummingbird tells us to drink deeply of the nectar of life.

Love Always
mudra
Thank you much Mudra for the info. Such awesome little busy bees with feathers. And so loud when they fly next to you. I watched a bee and a hummingbird work side by side on a 'Bird of Paradise' the other day... surprised they didn't knock each other out of the way with their buzzing each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindabaker View Post
If the hummingbird comes your way, it is representative of joy!
Thank you Lindabaker for pulling on the Joy part of the totem aspect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper View Post
well you know that humming is of course a beautiful sound, and we are all looking for the keys to the truth. Those keys in my opinion are sounds

The beauty and creativity of our uni VERSE,

The tones or notes those Unified Verses we all sing.

Tis only a good thing -- enjoy
I must say Harper that I was deep in thought sitting there on the park bench when this occurred. I was virtually in a trance in thought about the rhythm, sound, vibration and voice effect upon the individual matrix we each live within and what vibration or sound opens the vortex of the immediate matrix we are attached too and to what degree we are blocked or unblocked (can't think of a simple way to explain what I was working on to accomplish). But nonetheless maybe I was invisible to these two hummingbirds at the moment as they began their mating ritual three feet away from me. What looked like a tail wagging in the bushes was the male doing his arc dance back and forth and the female was doing a pulsed vibrating rhythm It snapped me out of my deep thought.

The Hummingbird was all red as it flew up from the bushes and over me, I wonder if maybe they turn Red for the romance dance or are Red temporarily from the tantric sex they just had or something.

Maybe it has something to do with why they are attracted to anything RED!!!! Strange momentary phenomenon.

And Harper... I was focusing on sound as a key for lots of applications because sound or voice is one of our senses that science does not want to include as one of our five senses!!!

Eyes and ears; Sight and sound; Light and dimension!!! Keys to the doorway of the Red light dimension.

Old 01-27-2010, 04:41 AM   #14
Christo888
Avalon Senior Member

This is the only pic of a red hummingbird I could find.

Old 01-27-2010, 04:51 AM   #15
777 The Great Work
Avalon Senior Member

The awareness represented by the hummingbird is the realm of archetypes and the sacred. It is the ability to perceive the mythic in the mundane. For example, your physical presence

1 is sitting in front of your computer right now as your mind

2 interprets the symbols on the screen into words, phrases, and concepts; but, who’s reading, who’s observing through the mind and the body? Like a hummingbird darting from flower to flower, our soul—indwelling consciousness—is experiencing this, it draws the nectar of meaning that connects to your life and ultimately that connects you the reader. with the author across time and space.

So, what happens when we shift our awareness to the perspective of the hummingbird? If we look at our lives from the perspective of being the soul within, our journey changes from the worries of the cycle of life, to experiencing an adventure. Life changes from cycling through the same old worries, to discovering what each day offers. Clearly, it takes a little practice to let go of the control we “think” we have in our lives and learn to know that everything has a purpose on our great adventure, so we attract the inner hummingbird into the garden of our everyday awareness.

We starve our inner hummingbird when we stay in our head, in our thoughts, and playing the same old record in our heads. If the tiny bird analyzed its stature, it would determine that it could never fly with such small wings, nor could it store enough energy in its minute body to make a transatlantic flight. It doesn’t question, it moves towards its destiny. Hummingbird consciousness attracts the big picture; it gives the inspiration that changes lives ,knowing that the mind and body are tools it will use ,to accomplish the task. When we realize the magnitude of the possibilities we embody, we need not look so cautiously before we leap. We just need to take off, knowing that our soul will find the route and provide everything that is required even if we don’t know exactly what we are doing. A well-fed inner hummingbird will surely guide the way.

Calls from hummingbird are easy to overlook at first. The mind will tell you that it isn’t real, your body will tell you, “you can’t pull it off.” Nevertheless, callings are persistent. If you don’t listen the first time, they get louder. If you never listen, they turn into a nagging “could have been.” If you’re daydreaming , it will zip right up in front of your eyes, and flash you awake. Prepare to take the fight of the hummingbird.

777 The Great Work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 05:12 AM   #16
Christo888
Avalon Senior Member

Old 01-27-2010, 12:02 PM   #17
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 The Great Work View Post
The awareness represented by the hummingbird is the realm of archetypes and the sacred. It is the ability to perceive the mythic in the mundane. For example, your physical presence

1 is sitting in front of your computer right now as your mind

2 interprets the symbols on the screen into words, phrases, and concepts; but, who’s reading, who’s observing through the mind and the body? Like a hummingbird darting from flower to flower, our soul—indwelling consciousness—is experiencing this, it draws the nectar of meaning that connects to your life and ultimately that connects you the reader. with the author across time and space.

So, what happens when we shift our awareness to the perspective of the hummingbird? If we look at our lives from the perspective of being the soul within, our journey changes from the worries of the cycle of life, to experiencing an adventure. Life changes from cycling through the same old worries, to discovering what each day offers. Clearly, it takes a little practice to let go of the control we “think” we have in our lives and learn to know that everything has a purpose on our great adventure, so we attract the inner hummingbird into the garden of our everyday awareness.

We starve our inner hummingbird when we stay in our head, in our thoughts, and playing the same old record in our heads. If the tiny bird analyzed its stature, it would determine that it could never fly with such small wings, nor could it store enough energy in its minute body to make a transatlantic flight. It doesn’t question, it moves towards its destiny. Hummingbird consciousness attracts the big picture; it gives the inspiration that changes lives ,knowing that the mind and body are tools it will use ,to accomplish the task. When we realize the magnitude of the possibilities we embody, we need not look so cautiously before we leap. We just need to take off, knowing that our soul will find the route and provide everything that is required even if we don’t know exactly what we are doing. A well-fed inner hummingbird will surely guide the way.

Calls from hummingbird are easy to overlook at first. The mind will tell you that it isn’t real, your body will tell you, “you can’t pull it off.” Nevertheless, callings are persistent. If you don’t listen the first time, they get louder. If you never listen, they turn into a nagging “could have been.” If you’re daydreaming , it will zip right up in front of your eyes, and flash you awake. Prepare to take the fight of the hummingbird.

Most inspiring 777

Close both eyes
to see with the other eye.

Rumi

Love from me
mudra
Old 01-27-2010, 12:03 PM   #18
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 The Great Work View Post

Calls from hummingbird are easy to overlook at first. The mind will tell you that it isn’t real, your body will tell you, “you can’t pull it off.” Nevertheless, callings are persistent.

Most inspiring 777

Close both eyes
to see with the other eye.

Rumi

Love from me
mudra

Last edited by mudra; 01-27-2010 at 12:44 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:58 PM   #19
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

A link you might like to check :
" List of hummingbirds "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_hummingbirds

Love from me
mudra
Old 01-27-2010, 02:48 PM   #20
saxapower
Avalon Senior Member

OOOOOOh! I've been being visited by a hummingbird almost daily for months! Not red anyway, but a hummingbird. It comes flying, makes some sounds arround and then stay near to me for a while hanging on one of the ropes we've got outside for wet clothes, then it goes flying.

So that is joy, uh?

Thanks I was wandering if it would mean something.
saxapower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:41 PM   #21
fossileyesed
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper View Post
if twas me you were you referring to - im a sis,

if not I am delighted to meet you

are you a stone or tones my fossil?
didnt see this yesterday harper,sorry again,lol
stones or tones.never thought about it like that.libra answer...both.
stones can make tones and i think tones can make stones.
yep ,both i would say,lol

peace...kent
i hear a tone,lol
http://s4.postimage.org/UD8XS.jpg
Old 01-27-2010, 10:47 PM   #22
Christo888
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossileyesed View Post
didnt see this yesterday harper,sorry again,lol
stones or tones.never thought about it like that.libra answer...both.
stones can make tones and i think tones can make stones.
yep ,both i would say,
lol

peace...kent
i hear a tone,lol
http://s4.postimage.org/UD8XS.jpg

The stuff diamonds, ruby's, emeralds, opals, sapphires, garnets, etc., are made of.

Beautiful rays of Sunshine that sing a different tune!
Old 01-27-2010, 10:59 PM   #23
Majorion
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christo888 View Post
Does anyone have information on a brilliant red hummingbird?
I'm wondering if the sight of this red bird provoked any special senses or perhaps a flash of psychic ability, did you feel anything like that, I'd like to hear more about this story, is there an interesting plot twist to all this?
Majorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:25 PM   #24
Christo888
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majorion View Post
I'm wondering if the sight of this red bird provoked any special senses or perhaps a flash of psychic ability, did you feel anything like that, I'd like to hear more about this story, is there an interesting plot twist to all this?
Yes... there are several twisty things at play and working on what created what and/or nothing at all cept two birds having a trist in the bushes. But ventures in red seem to have many meanings and the use of red has many applications.

So I'll start with three ponderings:

1). Is there an actual hummingbird that is all red?

2). Did the hummingbird momentarily turn red because of having sex?

3). Was I tuned into another density, or just mentally relaxed and unblocked, (?) by being deep in thought and when the hummingbird flew out of the bushes the energy being emitted by the bird appeared to be red because of a momentary frequency change of transmission, like pheromones?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pheromone

Are we supposed to see Pheromones?

A start...

Oh... and is there a red horse called trigger? (that is just a joke)
Old 01-28-2010, 08:08 AM   #25
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

Such a red horse is usually called diablo famous trigger was a palamino....

can't resist!!

Hummingbirds are as far north as here, and not that common to spot. We seem to get the ruby throated, which also doesn't seem to be what you saw, christo. Hmm. Hate to rain on a (bird sex) parade, but could it be a by-product of red food dye (that's put in nectar feeders people put up), like weirdy carnations in floral shops? Are there lots of those around? It sounds like it was in a natural area though... ?

Or, was the light caught on the bird by something else, so the bird reflected as red? I haven't heard of pure red hummingbirds. Maybe it just was. Who was its partner, its colour? That could tell you the species - they stick together for mating.

I've seen birds mate - the near flyby is amazing. Birds seem kind of a miracle to me, especially the little ones!! You should see the cold temps chickadees and whatnot sparrow species endure here in the winter. Some of those hummingbird eggs are supposed to be the size of tictacs!

Coincidentally, I heard a hummingbird story just a few days ago, how a little hummingbird community set itself up with little nests in a tree with a hawk. They were safe from predators, because of the hawk. Also, they were too little for the hawk to care to hunt, because hawks are careful about energy expense vs return; they just get tired and flop with little chases.

So it was a Great Hummingbird Tree.
no caste is offline   Reply With Quote