Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:44 AM   #1
droid56
Avalon Senior Member

Default Faith for the non-religious.

When I say non-religious, I mean people that aren't into the dogmas of various religions, and in this case people such as me. But I don't mean people that are unwilling to accept that a creative force connects everything that is, physical and non-physical.

I have faith that despite the dark forces that dominate our reality, that a universal justice will ultimately prevail. I'm not sure how this will effect my future but I hope that the changes I have made in recent years will mean that my future will be filled with light and not darkness.

I have faith that this is the case, even though I am not religious.

Do you non-religious types have faith that things will work out for you as I do?
droid56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:10 AM   #2
PilotSimone
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Faith for the non-religious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by droid56 View Post
Do you non-religious types have faith that things will work out for you as I do?
Absolutely, I have faith things are going to work out for me.

It's interesting you post this. I was curious how many others come from a non-religious background.
PilotSimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 04:44 PM   #3
Machforce1
Avalon Senior Member

I'm highly spiritual, but not religious at all. The two don't appear to mix - at least not for me.
Machforce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:47 PM   #4
Kamikaze
Avalon Senior Member

Religions are much like communities where you find like minded and can share in whit everyone else the same. Though current "religions" are manipulated and controlled whit non good end results. Much about information being in formation.

When you are not a member of a community or am like which you can be in spirituality there are many camps of different spiritual paths and their information in formation like religion but they might not always be so pervasive in their control, but there exists some in the end.

Then there are those that pertain to always seek out new stuff and try not to "settle" their belief but still have faith. It can take various forms depending on which informations you look into. But be wary of falling in formation. Peer what you feel is right to take and not all to take to not take in the stink.

There can be formed communities within these "searchers" as they find various informations and fall in formations but they might find some other information and then they shift their position.
Sometime they fall in another formation but they often start to change and change until they no longer can find any community in which they can participate in.
Then they participate in many communities like a rebellion.
Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:58 PM   #5
Jnana
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by droid56 View Post
Absolutely. In fact, compared to my current understanding, I find most religions a bit pessimistic about humanity and our potential, and what life beyond this life holds in store for us.
Jnana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:43 PM   #6
Moxie
Avalon Senior Member

Faith to me has experience to back it up.
Blind faith is merely hope (in my view).

Faith has substance.. as for the human race? I dunno, it doesn't look so good right now, I mean, seems to be that things have to get pretty darned hard before people participate enough to turn things around.

Individually, I have faith in a personal, two way God/higher self connection that does inform & direct me...from experience, I have faith in that... however, I am non-compliant still, at times apt to be lazy, which makes me part of the problem...juz bein' honest..... (but I am laughing alot today).
Moxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:41 PM   #7
futureyes
Avalon Senior Member

i believe in gods and goddesses ... within and without ...
i believe beyond religous structures ...
i connect ... through higher self and oneness of all ...

faith ... yes i absolutely have faith ...
i don't very much wish or hope ... moreso ... what i do is trust ...

i trust 'this' in this moment is not 'it' ...
i trust we are moving in the direction we are meant to move ...
i trust everything happens for a reason ...
i trust hugely in humanity to shift and move to the new ...
i trust the old paradigm ... will dissolve ...
i trust we are learning and we never stop ...
i trust we ... as a whole ... upon the dawn of the new day ... live within being ... fulfillment of all that we are ... abundance of happiness ... and clarity of truly what is ...

the more i trust ... the more i know ...
one day ... this will be so ...

futureyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:06 AM   #8
Panta rhei
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machforce1 View Post
I'm highly spiritual, but not religious at all. The two don't appear to mix - at least not for me.
Exactly, that's the way I would express it for myself too. Spritual but not religious at all.
Panta rhei is offline   Reply With Quote