Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Economy and Currency

Notices

Old 10-24-2008, 03:59 PM   #1
CosmicFever

Default BB&T, Wachovia and Bank of America Down In Charlotte, NC.

All branches of Bank of America, BB&T and Wachovia are closed for withdrawals in Charlotte. You cannot access your account or use your ATM. I spoke to a manager and they told me it was computer problem. I asked her "at all three banks?". She said, "Yes".

peace,
julie
Old 10-25-2008, 01:45 AM   #2
granny
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: BB&T, Wachovia and Bank of America Down In Charlotte, NC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicFever View Post
All branches of Bank of America, BB&T and Wachovia are closed for withdrawals in Charlotte. You cannot access your account or use your ATM. I spoke to a manager and they told me it was computer problem. I asked her "at all three banks?". She said, "Yes".

peace,
julie
Oh that is scary .... hmmm ... guess it is time to stock up on more toilet paper and pie.

Gran
granny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 11:24 PM   #3
munit
Avalon Senior Member

Hey i live in statesville, nc and my father was talking to a banker buddy who had told him to take his money out of the bank because something may happen next week, anyway he calls me on friday and tells me to take cash out. I go to BBT wait in line, i get to the teller she says they can take deposits, but if you want to withdrawl cash it has to be under 100 dollars (its like there putting all our money on hold) so I ask why she says the computers are down system wide then i said so if i wanted to close my account and take my money out that couldnt be done and she replies Yes thats right.
so that was my experience
i did in fact buy a couple of things at the grocery store and got cash back!

Last edited by munit; 10-26-2008 at 02:37 PM.
munit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 11:28 PM   #4
Tuza

Now that is a concern, maybe stocking up more now would be the way to go.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:30 PM   #5
munit
Avalon Senior Member

Yes i think so
that day was very odd indeed!!
munit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 12:36 AM   #6
gwangsun
Avalon Senior Member

Wow that is pretty crazy, but I just finished watching V for Vendetta and right now I'm kinda amped, I say bring it on.

Yea I don't get paid till Wednesday, I hope nothing happens before then.
gwangsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 12:38 AM   #7
Wetpicketfence
Avalon Senior Member

I know someone at wakovia in raleigh, and said no problems there, and did not know anything about other problems at other banks, but did say there was protesters outside of here main branch in downtown Raleigh, about the bailout.
Wetpicketfence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 01:23 AM   #8
deb003
Avalon Senior Member

I live in Florida and my mom told me her co-worker's BOA debit card didn't work at a store this week even though he had funds and never has a problem before.
deb003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 01:29 AM   #9
Tuza

Eventhough I live at one of the most far away places from the US I have started planting vegetables now. If you haven't got a garden, maybe a balcony or something put the vegetables in pots give that a go. I am just trying although not a great gardener. Cherry tomatoes, tomatoes, brocolli I have found pretty easy to grow, potatoes are easy to grow but you sort of need a backyard.
Old 10-26-2008, 03:08 AM   #10
mmerlinn
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb003 View Post
I live in Florida and my mom told me her co-worker's BOA debit card didn't work at a store this week even though he had funds and never has a problem before.
Makes for a good reason to always have some cash on hand. Personally I feel naked without some cash always available.
mmerlinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 04:36 AM   #11
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

All the more reason to pull out any cash you have in your bank account.

Haven't seen problems like this around here but it's enough to make me want to pull out the rest of my money.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 06:03 AM   #12
california
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicFever View Post

peace,
julie
Thanks for posting Julie Cosmic Fever...

That is a GREAT tip... at least we need to stay on our toes and be absolutely prepared for any contingency.....

cash in a cigar box.... the ONLY way to keep it safe these days...
california is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:08 AM   #13
CosmicFever

Update From Charlotte:
Someone in my accounting department told me they went to the BBT branch on Friday. People were VERY unhappy about not being able to cash their paychecks Friday. She said it was a very volatile situation.

Namaste,
julie
Old 10-26-2008, 11:15 AM   #14
CosmicFever

I'd like to add one thing that I'm not sure you're aware of. Charlotte is the #2banking center in the US beind NYC. BBT, BofA and Wachovia are all based here.

Namaste,
julie
Old 10-26-2008, 11:15 AM   #15
Rareheart
Avalon Senior Member

It's a catch-22 situation...your worried that your bank will fail...so you withdraw your cash. If we all do that...we'll force the banks to fail.
Almost sounds like a no-win situation...unless you remove fear from the equation.
Proper planning prevents **** poor performance.
Rareheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 02:57 PM   #16
CosmicFever

I believe the banks will fail regardless. That's part of the game. Here's a positive way of looking at that scenerio. Take your money out and buy things you can barter with. Spending will help the economy.

Namaste,
julie
Old 10-26-2008, 03:19 PM   #17
Wolfladyk
Avalon Senior Member

Sounds like they are practicing for the planned "bank holiday" that will lead to riots, etc., then martial law, and off to the camps. Or else they are testing the public reaction to bank closures...

Most people still have no idea how the NWO plans will go down. My heart breaks for the innocent children who will be caught up in this disaster through no fault of their own including my own grandchildren whose parents think I am nuts.

Hugs to all.

Wolf
Wolfladyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 03:29 PM   #18
elka
Avalon Senior Member

Julie,

You are absolutely correct!
Why to put a trust in a shaky bank with your well being anyway?
There will be the fall of the banks, and there will be the run on the banks.

I wonder, what all the deniers will say, once the hell will break loose!

It's not fear mongering, it's being aware of what really is going on.
elka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 03:51 PM   #19
Esther
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwangsun View Post
Wow that is pretty crazy, but I just finished watching V for Vendetta and right now I'm kinda amped, I say bring it on.

Yea I don't get paid till Wednesday, I hope nothing happens before then.

I saw it last night for the first time. Loved it. No wonder this movie crashed at the box office. People do not like to think.
Esther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 04:06 PM   #20
TranceAm
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esther View Post
People do not like to think.

Evey Hammond: Who are you?
V: Who? Who is but the form following the function of what and what I am is a man in a mask.
Evey Hammond: Well I can see that.
V: Of course you can. I'm not questioning your powers of observation I'm merely remarking upon the paradox of asking a masked man who he is.
Evey Hammond: Oh. Right.
V: But on this most auspicious of nights, permit me then, in lieu of the more commonplace sobriquet, to suggest the character of this dramatis persona.

V: Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.
[carves V into poster on wall]
V: The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.
[giggles]
V: Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

Evey Hammond: Are you like a crazy person?
V: I am quite sure they will say so. But to whom, might I ask, am I speaking with?
Evey Hammond: I'm Evey.
V: Evey? E-V. Of course you are.
Evey Hammond: What does that mean?
V: It means that I, like God, do not play with dice and I don't believe in coincidences.
btw, pay attention to the START of that movie... The Situation in the USA that is depicted... ;-)

Last edited by TranceAm; 10-26-2008 at 04:11 PM.
TranceAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 04:12 PM   #21
california
Avalon Senior Member

TranceAm.... I haven't seen the movie.

What is the situation in the USA at the start of the movie?
Old 10-26-2008, 04:14 PM   #22
deb003
Avalon Senior Member

I agree Merlin.

Wolf, I feel the same way about the children.
The thing that helps me is singing made up songs with my drum and praying for the children and sending love to them and as much good intention as I can. I feel so sad and vulnerable thinking of children suffering so it helps me allot when I can send them love in some kind of way.
Maybe if things get out of hand, we will be able to bring some comfort to people if they feel lost and scared, including the little ones.
deb003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 04:26 PM   #23
TranceAm
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by california View Post
TranceAm.... I haven't seen the movie.

What is the situation in the USA at the start of the movie?

Lewis Prothero:
So I read that the former United States is so desperate for medical supplies that they have allegedly sent several containers filled with wheat and tobacco. A gesture, they said, of good will. You wanna know what I think? Well, you're listening to my show, so I will assume you do... I think it's high time we let the colonies know what we really think of them. I think its payback time for a little tea party they threw for us a few hundred years ago. I say we go down to those docks tonight and dump that **** where everything from the Ulcered Sphincter of Ass-erica belongs! Who's with me? Who's bloody with me?
[audience applauds]
Lewis Prothero:
Did you like that? USA... Ulcered Sphincter of Ass-erica, I mean what else can you say? Here was a country that had everything, absolutely everything. And now, 20 years later, is what? The world's biggest leper colony. Why? Godlessness. Let me say that again... Godlessness. It wasn't the war they started. It wasn't the plague they created. It was Judgement. No one escapes their past. No one escapes Judgement. You think he's not up there? You think he's not watching over this country? How else can you explain it? He tested us, but we came through. We did what we had to do. Islington. Enfield. I was there, I saw it all. Immigrants, Muslims, homosexuals, terrorists. Disease-ridden degenerates. They had to go. Strength through unity. Unity through faith. I'm a God-fearing Englishman and I'm goddamn proud of it!
This is not all, there is an spoken intro at the beginning of the movie depicting the situation in the USA, (I have loaned my copy to my neighbour, otherwise I could look it up for you.)
Old 10-26-2008, 04:32 PM   #24
california
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks for posting it, TranceAm...

Leper colony.... God's judgement..... trading for medicine....

Old 10-26-2008, 04:45 PM   #25
TranceAm
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by california View Post
Thanks for posting it, TranceAm...

Leper colony.... God's judgement..... trading for medicine....

Well eh, :-) Lewis Prothero character is a combination of Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and Dr. Paul Joseph Goebbels, So you can put the "Leper" and "God" part into the basket labbeled agiprop.. But the USA has collapsed in the scenario..