Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 09-08-2008, 04:18 PM   #1
Bill Ryan
Project Avalon Co Founder

Default Project Avalon suggestions and requests

Hi, Folks:

We'd appreciate suggestions and requests for the Project Avalon site itself. It's embryonic at the moment, and we have a lot more content to add. I intend to do this the moment I can.

In particular, we currently have a number of resource sections:

• safe places
• amateur radio
• electromagnetic shielding
• health and well-being
• the safeguarding of assets
• survival awareness
• free energy

We plan to add:

• permaculture, hydroponics and how to grow stuff
• innovative building and construction
• medical and dental emergency awareness
• much more on amateur radio (any 'hams' out there, please do contact us)
• self-defence (martial arts, not gun law)

We're also interested in links and information about existing or planned communities all over the world. Some people have written to us about this privately, and we intend to post the information. We're also aware that there's already a gold mine of information on the forum if one knows where to look!

We don't want to swamp everyone with information (too much can be overwhelming and disempowering), and want to organize it, prioritize it and make it as accessible and easy to understand as possible.

Finally we'd appreciate:

• PDFs of any literature which we can link to - which is non-copyrighted. We have some valuable documents available already, but there's much more we can provide.

• Anyone to contact us who considers themselves an expert or authority (or who has in-depth information or experience) about any of the above topics.

Please use this thread for concise suggestions and references (and concise feedback - is this new site headed in the right direction for you?). That'll make it easier for us to make use of the information. It's really fine to discuss it in depth! But maybe a thread could be set up separately for that purpose.

Important note: despite the above resource lists, this is NOT a survivalist site. It's about what the GROUND CREW can learn, do and be (not necessarily in that order). We know that spiritual awareness and preparedness can be more important than vitamins.

And while I'm at it: thanks again to everyone (this is written Monday morning, US Pacific time) for your wonderful contributions over the weekend. Kerry and I are heartened and impressed by every one of you.

Do spread the word and make this community everything it can be. There are a lot of Ground Crew out there who have not yet learned about PROJECT AVALON.

Very best to all - Bill

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 09-13-2008 at 04:48 PM.
Bill Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 04:36 PM   #2
Myplanet2
In The Mists

Default Re: Project Avalon suggestions and requests

I'd suggest putting some order into the indexing of information types on the various forums, by combining duplicate or redundant threads, and moving posts which were put into whatever thread the poster happened to be on, into threads which deal with that data type.

Another large forum I'm on did this, and everything became very easy to find and keep track of just by looking at the index of forums, and names of threads.

It helps a lot.

Fritz
Myplanet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 04:38 PM   #3
ewald

Hi Bill and all others,

I would suggest three more topics

1 evacuation procedures. How to set up a evacution plan.

Reading on the forum I can see different trends in how people prepare.
- groups that are setting up well organised pre event places with lots of things included.
- people that think about forming or joining a group but have not really started yet
- people who have constrains (money, family, confidence,...) to get going
- people who plan initially to sit it out in te place they are now.

for all four groups good evacuation plans are vey necessarry. Noboy knows who it is going to play out and how the mix of natural and human events will be. Even people well prepared in communities might find them in the midst of all. Flexibility will be key, esp in the beginning, before the smoke goes down a bit, we all might have to move several time

2 securing a community or radiant zone. How do you guard and how do you seal off an area for intruders.

3 morse code and or other international languages (like the the Aplha bravo charlie for radio), indian smokesignals, etc...

if more comes up, I will let you know.
ewald
Old 09-08-2008, 04:42 PM   #4
Colin

Hi Bill

I'll volunteer my services for the self defence (martial arts) section

Brief History
  • Studied various styles (both full contact & non contact) for over 25 years
  • Teaching Choi Kwang Do for the last 15 years
  • I hold Dan grades in the following arts: Choi Kwang Do (3rd), Aikido (1st), TaeKwanDo (1st)
  • Currently working my way through the Krav Maga syllabus
  • Skilled in the not-so-nice-but-effective side of self defence

Is this the sort of thing your after?
Old 09-08-2008, 04:46 PM   #5
lock'N'load
Avalon Senior Member

Hey Bill

There was one thing i was thinking about earlier that i feel would be quite a valuable addition, a place to name all the great researchers who have devoted their lives to unraveling the truth from the big ball of lies.

Ive already mentioned somewhere a couple of people i feel are worthy of being noted, amongst them would be : Lyod Pye, Dr. Deagle, Philip Schneider, Jordan Maxwell, William Cooper.

A place to post their works would be a fantastic idea for those who are new to the whole topic of 'truth'. Just a thought.

Also im not quite sure if this forum is able to host videos from google and youtube, if not it would be a valuable addition.
lock'N'load is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:04 PM   #6
Kate
Avalon Senior Member

Location: currently UK, searching for a safe relocation in next year

heya Bill, I have been giving the layout of this site alot of thought over the weekend, because it is self evident how massively quickly this site is going to explode with new members over the coming months.....!!!

following on from above suggestions...to keep things as simple a layout as possible, maybe a COLOUR CODED site map would be helpful to direct the visitor straight to an area of interest/concern....endless lists can be very hard on the eye after a while, so to break up each section/zone into colour coded/associated to threads would have the instant visual impact...and lead people easily to wwhere they need/want to be!

In the meantime, i did start up an advice/help thread for anyone out there wishing to express their angst/confusion/emotional feelings regarding any of the issues presented by PC and this forum....I am happy to visit it on a regular basis to offer any support/identification as i am a trained counsellor, however, it would be great if other professionals also in the holistic field could pop in regularly as well so we can keep the support going more easily...
all the best to you, kerry and the team!!
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:35 PM   #7
EYES WIDE OPEN
Avalon Senior Member

I think we are going to need alot more mods & admins to reflect the different time zones. Maybe something like the amount on the Open minds forums?
EYES WIDE OPEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:05 PM   #8
EYES WIDE OPEN
Avalon Senior Member

We need some forum guidlines in place. Abbusive posters or spammers must be dealt with quickly.
3 strikes and out maybe? We need to keep it civilised here. Also, threads need to stay on topic - somebody needs to moniter that. It gets too confusing otherwise. Also, multiple threads about the same things should be merged.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:25 PM   #9
llogun
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Bill i know a lot about health and why most people get ill and cancer. ive got rid of cancer my self after doing loads of research. I will offer any imfo you need. Thanks for this website you and kerry are stars
llogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:42 PM   #10
Andre
Avalon Senior Member

Yeah! I agree with most of the post so far.

We definitely need to do the following:
1. Organize the forum layout so that information is more easily accessible. So far, I think Bill and Kerry are doing a great job.

2. Ensure that we maintain a civilized discussion here. It makes no sense for us descend into abusive language towards one another. Measures must taken against anyone that does that.

3. Create quick and accessible email contacts and instant messaging capabilities.
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:07 PM   #11
EYES WIDE OPEN
Avalon Senior Member

this forums sub-heading is :
"Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions."

I think website & forum problems / suggestions needs its own sub-forum as that is totally different to "resources for building communities".
Old 09-09-2008, 06:26 AM   #12
EYES WIDE OPEN
Avalon Senior Member

bump.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:47 PM   #13
Heretic
Avalon Senior Member

well so far I am just writing up info and posting it to the "How To Learn Foums"

It will just take some organization from that point on eh?

team work will get this site rocking in a short amount of time
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:18 PM   #14
Stephen

Everything seems fine so far.

The only thing I would suggest is a SPELL CHECKER.

My spelling is 'gooder' then it use to be but, a spell checker is really helpful.