Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 01-05-2009, 11:39 AM   #1
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Default G.Bush senior said that Jeb Bush

would be a good candidate for president. I don't know whether to laugh or cry after hearing that.
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:48 AM   #2
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: G.Bush senior said that Jeb Bush

I certainly hope another Bush is not elected in this country. Two were enough.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:59 PM   #3
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi burgundia,

Prediction: Never gonna happen.

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgundia View Post
would be a good candidate for president. I don't know whether to laugh or cry after hearing that.
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 01:13 PM   #4
Avid
Avalon Senior Member

LOL - the name reminds me of Jed from the Beverley Hillbillies. DOH!
The sooner that mad family is persecuted for it's misdemeanours the better!
Avid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 02:18 PM   #5
Antonia
Avalon Senior Member

God forgive me for saying this because I say it with humor and not ill intent... as ill intent just feeds the ignorance that is the evil or negitivity... but if Obama is strong enough to do away with rendition and close down Quantanimo etc and if George Bush has passed a Bill were he can't be tried for war crimes after he is no longer president.... cant they use rendition one more time?? And grab the Bushes in thier ranch in South America or where ever it is they will crawl away to and haul them all over to the Haag where the war crimes tribunal is ongoing.... American law is useless there??? Yes Rendition ..... one last time..... Antona
Antonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:17 PM   #6
Kathleen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonia View Post
cant they use rendition one more time?? And grab the Bushes in thier ranch in South America or where ever it is they will crawl away to and haul them all over to the Haag where the war crimes tribunal is ongoing.... American law is useless there??? Yes Rendition ..... one last time..... Antona

I'm quite sure wherever the Bush crime family lands, it will be in a country that will not extradite.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:22 PM   #7
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

I thought they were moving to Paraguay?
Old 01-06-2009, 12:07 AM   #8
alyscat
Avalon Senior Member

Actually, JEB is a name composed of his initials. I heard that the plans were for him to be president, but I think he'd just been elected governor of Florida, so we ended up with George.

IMNHO, Jeb is a heck of a lot smarter than his brother. Whether he would have made the same mistakes, I don't know. But I think the family knows he's toast now, in terms of a presidential bid. However, if there were enough people who would vote for Sarah Palin on a ticket (even as VP), I guess anything would be possible.

alys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avid View Post
LOL - the name reminds me of Jed from the Beverley Hillbillies. DOH!
The sooner that mad family is persecuted for it's misdemeanours the better!
alyscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:22 AM   #9
oldpaganfreak
Avalon Senior Member

what the hell?? one puppet should be much like the other, but i doubt if a bush could get elected to a pta seat in the states these days. but, with electronic voting, anything is possible for the ptb. it wouldn't be the first election that was 'fixed'.
oldpaganfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:14 AM   #10
Antonia
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Kathleen.... I was only messing about rendition but my point was that it is toally illeagel it is kidnap... nothing to do with extradition.... Thats why it's so appauling and thats why it could be used on Georgy Porgy , Cheney and co.... They invented it...even claim it doesn't exist in some cases...men in black kidnap people from democratic counties who would never extradite .... then these poor renditiond people just dissappear or turn up in non officail black hole prisons in europe ....Quantonimo is just the tip of the ice burg.... Can you immagine that my freind who is very high up in Amnesty International is fighting to get a nine year old boy out of Quantonimo at the moment??? Absolute fact..... that's why i say use it one last time.... black van pulls up,,,, men jumpout,,,, throw blanket over George.... inside van he is drugged and taken aboard a non offical CIA plane as is common practice and flown to the Haag... and just dummped out at the war crimes tribunal by men in black.... just a little fantacy i have.... tee hee
Antonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:25 AM   #11
cantaloupe
Avalon Senior Member

There's also a Jebediah Bush somewhere in their shady past, though it sounds almost made up to me.
cantaloupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:38 AM   #12
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

John Ellis "Jeb" Bush (born February 11, 1953) is an American politician and was the 43rd Governor of Florida. He is a prominent member of the Bush family: the younger brother of current President George W. Bush; the older brother of Neil Bush, Marvin Bush and Dorothy Bush Koch; and the second son of former President George H. W. Bush and Barbara Bush

In addition to his business, civic and charitable activities, the Episcopalian Bush converted to Catholicism (1995). He and his wife belonged to the Epiphany Catholic Church in Miami for many years. Bush is also a Third Degree Knight of Columbus according to an August 3, 2004 speech his brother, George W. Bush, made at the 122nd Knights of Columbus Convention in Dallas. The following is an excerpt from the speech:

"I'm proud to say that my family has contributed to your ranks. A few years ago, Governor Jeb became a Knight. And he – yes – and he recently took his Third Degree. I'll see him this weekend. His son is getting married. I'll pass on the word, aim for the Fourth."
In 2004, (Former) Florida Gov. Jeb Bush is inducted into the Fourth Degree by Gary L. McLain at a ceremony held Nov. 1. Bush, a member of Father Hugon Council 3521 in Tallahassee, joined Father Hugon Assembly.

New function
In April 2007, Jeb Bush joined Tenet Healthcare's board of directors. The following August, Bush joined investment bank, Lehman Brothers, as an adviser in its private equity group.

Possible run for U.S. Senate
Bush has indicated that he is considering running in the 2010 U.S. Senate race for the seat being vacated by Mel Martinez, who announced that he will retire at the end of his term.
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:40 AM   #13
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

I guess I should add this about Jeb Jr. LOL!
John Ellis Bush, Jr., Bush's youngest son, works for a Miami commercial real estate firm. He has received media attention on two occasions: in 2000, at the age of 16, he was caught having sex in a Tallahassee, Florida, mall parking lot with a 17 year old girl. On September 16, 2005, he was arrested and charged with public intoxication and resisting arrest on the street corner near Sixth Street in Austin, Texas. His father responded that this was a "personal family matter" which was being handled privately.
HaHa you go J.J.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:52 AM   #14
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman62 View Post
I guess I should add this about Jeb Jr. LOL!
John Ellis Bush, Jr., Bush's youngest son, works for a Miami commercial real estate firm. He has received media attention on two occasions: in 2000, at the age of 16, he was caught having sex in a Tallahassee, Florida, mall parking lot with a 17 year old girl. On September 16, 2005, he was arrested and charged with public intoxication and resisting arrest on the street corner near Sixth Street in Austin, Texas. His father responded that this was a "personal family matter" which was being handled privately.
HaHa you go J.J.
I wonder if he lists his uncle as a role model? He sounds like the son that Dubya never had.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:13 AM   #15
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – Former Gov. Jeb Bush announced Tuesday that he won't run for the U.S. Senate in 2010 to replace the retiring Mel Martinez, saying that it was not the right time to return to elected office.

"I can play a role in helping to reshape the Republican Party's message and focus on 21st century solutions to 21st century problems," Bush told The Associated Press in a phone interview. "Not running does not preclude me from being involved in these things and I will be."

Bush seriously considered a run after Martinez said last month he wouldn't seek a second term. Bush spoke with senators, supporters and family, including his brother, President George W. Bush, and his father, former President George Bush.

He said his decision wasn't based on politics, but on his "personal journey." He said his brother's low approval rating didn't factor into his decision, and that Floridians are familiar with his record as governor.