Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Preparations / Advice

Notices

Old 10-08-2008, 12:10 AM   #1
UncaRay
Avalon Senior Member

Default Finessing The Web

It's pretty clear that what we need to do, and fast, is re-localize food production and manufacturing. The way the Russians survived when the economy of the Soviet Union collapsed was that they all participated in the "Informal Economy," to one degree or another. We need to build that informal economy and start growing and manufacturing the bulk of our needs within local regions.

ning.com offers free, modifiable "Internet Communities." I have created one called "Cosby Co-op,." (http://cosbycooperative.ning.com/) and added a forum entitled "Free Classifieds,", and one titled "Skill Pool," and one called, "Ride Share," and one for general discussion. I am going to get as many people as I can find who are online and live somewhere relatively near Cosby to join and participate. I'd guess we need at least 100-200 people involved for it to work and prosper.

So this is a call for anyone who lives near (30-50 miles?) Cosby, Tn. USA to check it out and join up.

It is also a request that the folks on this forum consider doing the same in their own regions. ning.com could handle thousands of such sites.

The advantage we will have over the Russians is the efficiency of our interpersonal communications, thanks to the Internet. We need to put these networks into operation ASAP, and this is a practical way to do it.
UncaRay is offline   Reply With Quote