Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 05-05-2009, 01:41 AM   #1
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Default Hollywood is so painfully obvious

While I don't watch as much TV as I once did, I have to admit that I caught an episode of "Two and a Half Men" earlier and I've always realized that this show promotes a lot of negative views on life. The main characters are constantly trapped in a cycle of negative actions and emotions. Charlie Sheen's character for example became "Charlie Waffles" in one episode where he was this children's entertainer. His real reason? To pick up women. He even did a concert drunk and the children still clapped along, even when he started singing "I like boobies".

Anyway, I just thought it was interesting. It's so painfully obvious that whoever is writing these scripts is "in the know" and they seem to be promoting an overly negative agenda. The constant debauchery is just an indicator.

I'm not a moralist by any means but it's always good to be able to spot the bull$h1t.

TPTB are not fooling me anymore.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:54 AM   #2
Lorien
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Hollywood is so painfully obvious

That's why I loved Battlestar Galactica so much. Amazing story, writing, and meaning. Most other TV is too mind numbing. However LOST and Fringe are good also.
Lorien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:15 AM   #3
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

I don't watch television at all....I was at work the other day, and went to the lounge to get coffee...there was a commercial for the History channel...they were advertising a series.."The Art of WAR"...
If that is not a subliminal message I don't know what is....
Now they are making WAR an art form
BROOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:07 PM   #4
Lorien
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOK View Post
I don't watch television at all....I was at work the other day, and went to the lounge to get coffee...there was a commercial for the History channel...they were advertising a series.."The Art of WAR"...
If that is not a subliminal message I don't know what is....
Now they are making WAR an art form
I don't think it's subliminal at all Brook. Most likely just referencing Sun Tzu's treatise on war tactics written in the 6th Century BC. Still to this day it is a staple reading requirement in every war college across the planet. Granted, the fact that we even have war colleges is the problem.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:20 PM   #5
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorien View Post
That's why I loved Battlestar Galactica so much. Amazing story, writing, and meaning. Most other TV is too mind numbing. However LOST and Fringe are good also.

Hi Lorien, i think Lost and Fringe are the best things on tv at the moment, not worth looking at anything else.
These two programs touch on, cloning, telekenetics, secret government agendas, Lost have covered just about everything we have discussed on here even the Dharma inititive, Looking glass technology, time travel, and i'm still waiting to see what the actual temple holds (black cloud serpent like entity) egyptian based, can't wait to see how they are going to explain that one.
Jacqui D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:29 AM   #6
Lorien
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqui D View Post
Hi Lorien, i think Lost and Fringe are the best things on tv at the moment, not worth looking at anything else.
These two programs touch on, cloning, telekenetics, secret government agendas, Lost have covered just about everything we have discussed on here even the Dharma inititive, Looking glass technology, time travel, and i'm still waiting to see what the actual temple holds (black cloud serpent like entity) egyptian based, can't wait to see how they are going to explain that one.
I agree Jacqui. Lost especially is my favorite. I have been convinced for quite some time now that the island is in fact the remnants of Atlantis. It would explain the temples, magnetic properties, ancient technology, and the "security system" smoke monster that cannot be explained. Also the fact that the island can move through time and space would explain why it has never been found. And throughout history there are references of people from different cultures like Egypt visiting Atlantis, which would explain the pictograph of Anubis visiting the island perhaps to get guidance or knowledge from the smoke monster? I also think that Richard and some of the "others" may be immortal guardians of the island, making sure it doesn't get into the hands of the wrong people.