Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

View Poll Results: Should Historycircus be a moderator for Project Avalon
Yes - Historycircus rocks 29 34.12%
No - Historycircus is dillweed 27 31.76%
I don't know - I thought this was a porn site. 19 22.35%
I don't care - like, shut up, yo. 10 11.76%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2008, 04:06 AM   #1
historycircus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Moderator Election

I volunteer right now, right here to be a "mod," which I assume means converstation moderator.

If I'm picked, I will not delete or edit without good reason. I only have two criteria for "good reasons," as I am an incredibly busy man, and totally lazy:

1: The indiscriminate posting of porn - like that jerk on Halloween. Or bomb building schematics. Or nuclear secrets. Anything that could get Avalon sued or put under FBI investigation (he he), or multi-post giant ding-dongs will not be moved to "Off Topic," they will be deleted permanently.

2. Personal threats. "I'm gonna' track you down with my special computer shixt, your IP, and kill you man" will not be tolerated. A personal threat is a life ban - no second chances. And we might even call the cops . . . Disagreement, if expressed rationally and non-violently, will be self-regulating.

Who else will nominate me? I said I wanted to run for POTUS, maybe Avalon is the first step? Huh?

I will only accept the position if over 30% of Avalonians give thier "yay." To have one third of Avalon support my bid for moderator would be a true honor, and I hope to have it.

Thanks

Last edited by historycircus; 11-22-2008 at 04:09 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 04:14 AM   #2
historycircus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Moderator Election

You better believe I'm gonna' vote for myself.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 04:32 AM   #3
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: So. Cal. U.S.
Posts: 4,205
Default Re: Moderator Election

Two questions, when and how much will you be on? (day or night) and where is your devotion? here or another site? (you know what I mean), I like you and if I have to pick my mod I'm going to be very careful! Yes I was born at night, but it wasn't last night! I mean no disrespect but I must be sure on what I'm voting for, so give me your speech, HaHa lol! Main reason is I thought you were leaving per your goodbye thread.

Last edited by Dantheman62; 11-22-2008 at 04:43 AM.
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 04:46 AM   #4
historycircus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Moderator Election

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman62 View Post
Two questions, when and how much will you be on? (day or night) and where is your devotion? here or another site? (you know what I mean), I like you and if I have to pick my mod I'm going to be very careful! Yes I was born at night, but it wasn't last night!
I will answer your questions honestly:

1. I am on pretty much everyday, I do a general thread check at least once an hour, and sometimes, when I am engaged in conversation, I'm on pretty constantly. If given a specific time to be "on" - a "shift" if you will - to carry out moderating duties - if by that term we mean conversation moderating - I will be there.

2. My devotion is to many things, but I am guessing that you mean "Astrovera or Avalon." Well, I say, why not both? If I serve as a "mod" here, cannot I exchange ideas elsewhere too? There are good people over there, and I guess now is a good time to say that if I get 30% of the vote (although I guess technically 33% is fairer) I will personally lobby for the lifting of the ban for all previously banned members. One more shot. You violate my rules, you're out. Keep it civil, you're in. Some, however, I feel won't come back to Avalon, and I feel that they are good people. As long as Astrovera is open, and the good people there are talking, well, I'll probably check in and say hi. Mod duties are mod duties, personal choices are personal choices - I think a lot of folks here are upset because that fine line has been crossed so many times.

I hope that answers your questions, and I hope you vote for me Dantheman.

Who picked porn site? That was supposed to be joke!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 05:04 AM   #5
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: So. Cal. U.S.
Posts: 4,205
Default Re: Moderator Election

Thanks hc, that answers everything, and I have nothing against Astrovera as much as a couple people want to think lol!, yes mod duties are indeed mod duties, and should not be shared elsewhere.You've got my vote and I trust your judgement!, not because of what you said here, but I take all past exchanges and this into consideration. Can I swear now g...d d..m....t, s...t, f....k, oops nevermind. Just being me!...I'll recommend you to those I know!
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 05:09 AM   #6
historycircus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Moderator Election

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman62 View Post
Thanks hc, that answers everything, and I have nothing against Astrovera as much as a couple people want to think lol!, yes mod duties are indeed mod duties, and should not be shared elsewhere.You've got my vote and I trust your judgement!, not because of what you said here, but I take all past exchanges and this into consideration. Can I swear now g...d d..m....t, s...t, f....k, oops nevermind. Just being me!...I'll recommend you to those I know!
Thank you Dantheman, although I will not advocate lifting the restrictions on open vulgarities. The restrictions force us to be more creative with our keyboards, eh?

Aw, fxck it. Just vote for me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 05:13 AM   #7
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: So. Cal. U.S.
Posts: 4,205
Default Re: Moderator Election

I did, OMGLMFAO, I almost blew Jack Daniels, doh!, not literally! Thanks dude!
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 05:19 AM   #8
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NE Oregon boondocks, USA
Posts: 1,767
Default Re: Moderator Election

And you run right over to Astrovera and mock me?
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 05:25 AM   #9
Orion11
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,098
Default Re: Moderator Election

hahaha,

i chose number 2 just because it cracked me up while reading it. lol

honestly tho you are cool, and i dont really care either way. lol
Orion11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 05:26 AM   #10
historycircus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Moderator Election

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen View Post
And you run right over to Astrovera and mock me?
Karen, I have been engaged with Norval about spiritual matters, and I don't believe I have mocked you. Where have I mocked you? I did not post a single negative thing about you on Astrovera, nor would I. I feel bad about the way I spoke to you earlier.

Last edited by historycircus; 11-22-2008 at 05:46 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 05:30 AM   #11
historycircus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Moderator Election

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion11 View Post
hahaha,

i chose number 2 just because it cracked me up while reading it. lol

honestly tho you are cool, and i dont really care either way. lol
No, Orion11, you chose number two because you have seen my posts, understand my positions on things, and don't want me to be a moderator.

That's cool - that is what a vote is all about! At least you voted - I wonder how many hard-core Avalonians will participate in choosing their own moderator?
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 05:41 AM   #12
Orion11
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,098
Default Re: Moderator Election

lol, hey man..

honestly , i like allot of your posts...
and actually dont disagree with your position on many things,
you are very wise, but i dont agree with 100% of anyones posts really.. not even my own. lol
so thats nothing if i disagree with something, we all do it...
i still think your cool and very intelligent.

if i really thought you were a "dillweed".. i wouldnt have chosen that answer and then told what i chose. lol
silly.

like i said, either way its all good.

peace
Orion11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 05:45 AM   #13
historycircus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Moderator Election

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion11 View Post
lol, hey man..

honestly , i like allot of your posts...
and actually dont disagree with your position on many things,
you are very wise, but i dont agree with 100% of anyones posts really.. not even my own. lol
so thats nothing if i disagree with something, we all do it...
i still think your cool and very intelligent.

if i really thought you were a "dillweed".. i wouldnt have chosen that answer and then told what i chose. lol
silly.

like i said, either way its all good.

peace
Fair enough, and thanks for the vote.

Anyone else?
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 06:15 AM   #14
historycircus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Moderator Election

"Bringing you back to the top"

A policy I will argue against amongst the other moderators and the administrators.

Unless two threads are merged, and the author of one wants to give recognition to the author who's post was merged with the title post.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 06:17 AM   #15
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posts: 2,280
Default Re: Moderator Election

I voted for you but it was sort of an accident

Last edited by Anchor; 11-22-2008 at 06:20 AM.
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 06:31 AM   #16
Dean Plejaren
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 170
Default Re: Moderator Election

Quote:
"I don't know - I thought this was a porn site."
historycircus, shame on you for creating this option in the poll, and shame on the two who voted that option.
Dean Plejaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 06:33 AM   #17
historycircus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Moderator Election

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Plejaren View Post
historycircus, shame on you for creating this option in the poll, and shame on the two who voted that option.
Sometimes I can be a terrible human being, I beseech thee, oh great Dean Plejaren, to forgive me.

Just so you know, had I been able to post a NB at the end of the last sentence, I would have posted four of them.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 06:41 AM   #18
Dean Plejaren
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 170
Default Re: Moderator Election

Your sarcasm and lack of remorse is even worse. I would never have you moderator.
Dean Plejaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 06:44 AM   #19
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NE Oregon boondocks, USA
Posts: 1,767
Default Re: Moderator Election

Quote:
Originally Posted by historycircus View Post
Karen, I have been engaged with Norval about spiritual matters, and I don't believe I have mocked you. Where have I mocked you? I did not post a single negative thing about you on Astrovera, nor would I. I feel bad about the way spoke to you earlier.
End of this post
http://www.astrovera.com/forum/showp...91&postcount=1

You see if you act one way in one place and another way in another place then that is looking rather two-faced to me. I did today come up with "nasty bananas" all on my own - then there it is at astrovera, complete with lots of them. Is there something I misinterpret here?

Your apologies on those two threads were appreciated. At first I wanted to zap you with some choice zingers, but like begets like and that's not where I want to spend my life energy, in a war of words.

I am 100% for trying to clear up misread communication, apologizing where apologies are due, and thank you for that. The truth is I called Kerry myself yesterday about upgrading the way the forum is moderated and I was asking for a conference call where we would all discuss it, then next thing I knew, poof there was her post. I saw how some were feeling a great injustice had been done to them and I have been working to change how moderating is done on this forum in the future. Kind and gentle communication is the key as far as I'm concerned. Just talk, clear things up. Sure I may have much more serious disposition than some of you jokers (meant lovingly), but I don't see it as part of my mission to be the comedian. That job belongs to others. I think all can be allowed to express their own personality!

So if you have taken a mean approach to me because I am now one of the evil nazi mods - then you don't know what I'm doing every day behind the scenes to change things for the better at Avalon. Or maybe that's just your personality style. I don't go around looking to pick a fight with anyone. So maybe we understand each other a little bit better now?

My two encounters with you earlier today do not make you look like someone I want on a moderating team with me. But, I'll check you out a little more before voting no. I do agree on much of your campaign platform.

Peace out,
And you comedians out there, keep it light!
Karen

Last edited by Karen; 11-22-2008 at 06:46 AM.
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 06:45 AM   #20
historycircus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Moderator Election

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Plejaren View Post
Your sarcasm and lack of remorse is even worse. I would never have you moderator.
That was not sarcasm, it was an attempt at humor. I am sorry if it turned you off.

I respect your decision, and appreciate your vote.

Everyone here who can should vote.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 06:47 AM   #21
jenali11
Avalon Senior Member
 
jenali11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4
Default Re: Moderator Election

OK historycircus...........you got my vote...........don't let us down man......remember....this forum is FOR the members...
jenali11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 06:53 AM   #22
historycircus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Moderator Election

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen View Post
End of this post
http://www.astrovera.com/forum/showp...91&postcount=1

You see if you act one way in one place and another way in another place then that is looking rather two-faced to me. I did today come up with "nasty bananas" all on my own - then there it is at astrovera, complete with lots of them. Is there something I misinterpret here?

Your apologies on those two threads were appreciated. At first I wanted to zap you with some choice zingers, but like begets like and that's not where I want to spend my life energy, in a war of words.

I am 100% for trying to clear up misread communication, apologizing where apologies are due, and thank you for that. The truth is I called Kerry myself yesterday about upgrading the way the forum is moderated and I was asking for a conference call where we would all discuss it, then next thing I knew, poof there was her post. I saw how some were feeling a great injustice had been done to them and I have been working to change how moderating is done on this forum in the future. Kind and gentle communication is the key as far as I'm concerned. Just talk, clear things up. Sure I may have much more serious disposition than some of you jokers (meant lovingly), but I don't see it as part of my mission to be the comedian. That job belongs to others. I think all can be allowed to express their own personality!

So if you have taken a mean approach to me because I am now one of the evil nazi mods - then you don't know what I'm doing every day behind the scenes to change things for the better at Avalon. Or maybe that's just your personality style. I don't go around looking to pick a fight with anyone. So maybe we understand each other a little bit better now?

My two encounters with you earlier today do not make you look like someone I want on a moderating team with me. But, I'll check you out a little more before voting no. I do agree on much of your campaign platform.

Peace out,
And you comedians out there, keep it light!
Karen
The post at Astrovera that you are referring to does not mention you, or any mods. It makes fun of the whole situation - humor, a very useful thing for us humans.

I never called you a Nazi, nor would I, and again, if I have alienated you I am sorry. I don't think, in all my posts on Avalon, I have ever criticized the mods - check my posts to see, but I don't think I have gone up against the mods. The TWO post in which we confronted each other earlier were mistakes on my part and I am sorry.

C'est la vie, mon amie?
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 06:54 AM   #23
Dean Plejaren
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 170
Default Re: Moderator Election

Quote:
That was not sarcasm
Dude you can't even admit that much....Your ego is really out there......

Quote:
I beseech thee, oh great Dean Plejaren
Unless you think I am some sort of god, that was sarcasm.
Dean Plejaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 06:55 AM   #24
historycircus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Moderator Election

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenali11 View Post
OK historycircus...........you got my vote...........don't let us down man......remember....this forum is FOR the members...
And I thank you.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 07:08 AM   #25
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: So. Cal. U.S.
Posts: 4,205
Default Re: Moderator Election

Hey DeanPlejaren, I'll gladly speak for those who won't, or can't, I think everybody has had enough of your BS! Enough is enough and go somewhere else! I've heard the mods try and deal with you, I've heard Bill try and deal with you, don't leave, just get the h..ll out! God, when are you gonna get the clue! You don't make any sense and need to listen to yourself sometimes! Just my opinion, but lose the swastika, I mean, would you wear that into a job interview? Would you wear that walking down the street?, Would you wear that on your hat?, C'mon man, first impression dude! History circus just ignore him please!
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Project Avalon