Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Health / Alternative Medicine

Notices

Old 05-03-2009, 08:54 AM   #1
henners
Project Avalon Researcher

Exclamation Ten leading causes of death in the U.S.A.

G'day folks, Henners once again trying to add light to all the panic about " Swine Flu ".

Firstly, look at this graph regarding the ten leading causes of death in the U.S. Next time they try to instigate panic regarding the " swine' flu, Sars, "avian flu" or any other type of flu, remind yourself and others , what is really killing the majority of Americans and others around the world.

Heart disease is the leading cause of death of Americans 24 years of age and older, 30.3% or 724,269 annual deaths are due to heart disease. Sixteen percent of those deaths, 115,883, occur in smokers. Cancer is the second leading cause of death causing 23% or 538,947 deaths. Twenty-three percent of those are lung cancer, 83% of lung cancers occur in smokers and ex-smokers (101, 724).

Now, it is not that different in other countries.

I don't mean to harp on about death, but next time TPTB try to instigate panic with some sort of pandemic, look at what is really killing people around the world and in what numbers.

................................................ World Deaths in millions.......% of deaths
Coronary heart disease...............................7.20........ ...............12.2
Stroke and other cerebrovascular diseases .. 5.71....................... 9.7
Lower respiratory infections........................ 4.18....................... 7.1
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease......... 3.02....................... 5.1
Diarrhoeal diseases.................................... 2.16....................... 3.7
HIV/AIDS.............................................. ..... 2.04....................... 3.5
Tuberculosis...................................... .........1.46....................... 2.5
Trachea, bronchus, lung cancers..................1.32..................... .. 2.3
Road traffic accidents..................................1.27... .................... 2.2
Prematurity and low birth weight..................1.18...................... ..2.0

So lets keep things in perspective and keep calm, and pass this info on to others when they go on and on about "swine flu".
Henry
Choose wisely which ones you throw.
henners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 05:47 PM   #2
Malynda
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Ten leading causes of death in the U.S.A.

Very nice, Henry. You captured in pictures what was only known to me by intuition and hearsay. Thanks for this.
Malynda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 05:56 PM   #3
sleepingnomore

I thought the number one killer was stress? I guess most of the leaders could be chalked up to that category including smokers.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:19 PM   #4
Malynda
Avalon Senior Member

Good point. I think stress contributes to us having all the health problems we have but I don't know whether or not anyone had been listed as actually dying from stress.
Malynda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:40 AM   #5
Lt Ripley
Avalon Senior Member

Good one Henners!

Definitely puts things in perspective.

By the way, last week I was walking to Flinders Street Station on my way from work and I actually saw 2 people wearing those face mask things! In the middle of peak hour at a busy train station, I just couldn't help but laugh out loud when I saw this.

Just goes to show how seriously some people take claims of a "pandemic".
Lt Ripley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 04:22 AM   #6
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

'They' seem to want to crack down on everything...and want to remove rights and freedoms...to 'protect' us. So...why don't 'they' really crack down on smoking? Money wouldn't have anything to do with it...would it? What percentage of worldwide 'healthcare' expenditures are for prevention and natural treatment?

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 05-04-2009 at 04:27 AM.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 07:25 AM   #7
sleepingnomore

I wouldn't mind seeing tobacco just plain banned from being marketed. It's the government involvement in prevention and education that bothers me.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:49 AM   #8
Luminari
Avalon Senior Member

Unhappy Re: Ten leading causes of death in the U.S.A.

So Heart Disease the big one...

Whats causing all this Heart Disease?

Could it be effected by the lack of love in our society ?

Sex and violence all over the media..

People unable to forgive or show compassion...

People unable to express love to the people around them...

Our technosphere is brain and phallus-centric.

The heart has been devalued.

Coronary artery disease is a disease of the artery caused by the accumulation of atheromatous plaques within the walls of the arteries that supply the myocardium. Angina pectoris (chest pain) and myocardial infarction (heart attack) are symptoms of and conditions caused by coronary heart disease.

Cardiomyopathy literally means "heart muscle disease" (Myo= muscle, pathy= disease) It is the deterioration of the function of the myocardium (i.e., the actual heart muscle) for any reason. People with cardiomyopathy are often at risk of arrhythmia and/or sudden cardiac death.

Cardiovascular disease is any of a number of specific diseases that affect the heart itself and/or the blood vessel system, especially the veins and arteries leading to and from the heart. Research on disease dimorphism suggests that women who suffer with cardiovascular disease usually suffer from forms that affect the blood vessels while men usually suffer from forms that affect the heart muscle itself. Known or associated causes of cardiovascular disease include diabetes mellitus, hypertension, hyperhomocysteinemia and hypercholesterolemia.

Heart failure, also called congestive heart failure (or CHF), and congestive cardiac failure (CCF), is a condition that can result from any structural or functional cardiac disorder that impairs the ability of the heart to fill with or pump a sufficient amount of blood throughout the body. Therefore leading to the heart and body's failure.
Luminari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:40 AM   #9
henners
Project Avalon Researcher

Hello all, again i say that i don't want to keep talking about death. My argument is the unnecessary worry that most of us have about death . The fear to die.

Deepak Chopra, M.D., a pioneer of alternative medicine, once said that everything we fear has already happened. In other words, there's no need to fear most of what we spending time fearing.

Here are some more facts about the most feared but Least likely causes of Death.

# Airplane crashes: Some 30 million Americans describe themselves as "anxious" flyers.
# Shark attacks: many Americans fear getting killed by a shark.
# Being murdered: According to the World Health Organization (WHO), one person is murdered about every 60 seconds worldwide.
# Falling to death:
# Terrorist attack: Particularly after 9/11
# Natural disaster:

So what does this all mean?

It means we must redirect fear into love

When we speak of fear, we speak of the most profound of all negativities. Profound because fear is the root of all negativity, and because it most clearly exposes us to the most powerful of all dangers, the loss of awareness of our real self, our soul.

It is the ego that fears, not the soul. Its ultimate fear is to lose itself. This is why death scares it so much. It is sure it is all there is, so death means extinction. It also fears what it perceives to be separate from itself. Other people. Nature. The Wind. A storm. Fate. Animals. Even one’s own soul.

The soul knows that we are not separate from each other. We are one. So why should we fear? The soul says ‘there is nothing to fear. Even time or death are but manifestations of our eternal experience.’

Anger, stress, anxiety, doubt, all negativity has fear at their core. Conquer fear and liberation is very close by.

The only reason we have not attained liberation is fear. In our meditations the most powerful force that stops from us going deeper is fear. As we have seen, to transform any negative, we must not suppress it, but allow the energy to be redirected to its own higher form. The higher form of fear is trust and faith. The highest is love.

Now you know what to do help others and lets spread the love.

Henry
Choose wisely which ones you throw.
henners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 04:02 PM   #10
sleepingnomore

You have hit the nail on the head, fear and chaos are always the adgenda.