Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 02-01-2010, 06:47 PM   #1
Waking.Up
Avalon Senior Member

Default President Obama answers questions on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/citizentube?feature=ticker

Last edited by Waking.Up; 02-02-2010 at 07:47 PM. Reason: fixed embed
Waking.Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 06:54 PM   #2
Waking.Up
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: President Obama answers questions on YouTube

As I see, there is a vote going on to which questions are gonna be presented to Obama.
So far, there are many marijuana related questions, some about the climate, and some about ET and space research (of the ones i find interesting).
Could this be some kind of marijuana legalisation disclosure?
Old 02-01-2010, 06:58 PM   #3
Firstlook
Avalon Senior Member

Legalization is a good one. I was just watching the trailer for "How weed won the west", and listening to Rick Simpson talk about hemp oil.

Its gonna happen. When is the question.

peace
Firstlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 07:11 PM   #4
Waking.Up
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firstlook View Post
Legalization is a good one. I was just watching the trailer for "How weed won the west", and listening to Rick Simpson talk about hemp oil.

peace
Marijuana is the best plant we have for producing clothing, paper and much much other products that are vital for our civilisation. The products whos production today destroys acres and acres of forests. I'm all for the legalisation of marijuana and bringing it back to the industrial production.

On the other side, it is quite frustrating to see for example how sustainable energy or free energy questions are being voted by THE PEOPLE to not be suitable to arise in this interview. What is wrong with people?
I understand that most people in America are concerned with health care, taxes and issues like that, but this is a question that has never been asked, and never been answered. I dunno, maybe I'm expecting too much
Old 02-01-2010, 08:19 PM   #5
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

I am still kind of shocked that they have not already legalized the weed, more so because there goal is to dumb us down, LOL.
tone3jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:24 PM   #6
Phtha
Avalon Senior Member

That is one of the reasons why it IS illegal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tone3jaguar View Post
more so because there goal is to dumb us down, LOL.
Phtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:43 PM   #7
777 The Great Work
Avalon Senior Member

Y today,Y -Q&A on a MOON day, to and from a U tube,from west wing, in the oval office. ?
777 The Great Work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:51 PM   #8
iainl140285
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 The Great Work View Post
Y today,Y -Q&A on a MOON day, to and from a U tube,from west wing, in the oval office. ?
Q MOON

iainl140285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:54 PM   #9
777 The Great Work
Avalon Senior Member

777 The Great Work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:05 PM   #10
Majorion
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phtha View Post
That is one of the reasons why it IS illegal!
Its illegal because it makes you think out-of-the-box.

Can't have that!
Majorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:09 PM   #11
oxiigen
Avalon Senior Member

Try to ask him something under this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7i7P63IByY

oxiigen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:05 AM   #12
shiftmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

peace
Sorry about the rant but I just wanted to comment on legalization since it's an issue that is very close to home for me.

Medical marijuana is already legal here in California and the growers here aren't convinced that legalization will benefit anyone except the government and big corporations. It certainly will not benefit the growers as they will tell you first hand.

Most of the growers here are families that work very hard to earn a living at it. Yes some make a good living, but they are very meticulous in their growing methods and most grow organic. They are already under an insane amount of imposed state restrictions that just keep piling up.

After legalization the federal restrictions will further undercut the small family operations and open the door to big corporations like Philip Morris and RJ Reynolds. These companies already own thousands of acres in South America just waiting for the legislation to go through. Restrictions will be such that it will be illegal to grow your own medicine.

After legalization cigarette companies will be the medical marijuana "industry" and you will likely see mergers and acquisitions between them and the pharmaceutical companies. It should already be apparent by examining the effects of the health care/pharmaceutical cartel that industry and medicine do not mix. Take a look at what tobacco companies have done to make tobacco more addictive and the toxic chemicals added to make cigarettes burn a certain way. Do people really want this insidious bunch growing medicine?

I certainly do not want cigarette companies or any corporation deciding what to spray on my medicine. Just stand back for a moment and you can see what's coming. Genetic engineering for maximum yield, chemical additives, toxic pesticides and more taxes to support the machine.

People want legalization but most are extremely short sighted in what the process will actually do. People need to wake up on this issue because legalization the way the government wants to do it is a trap. We need fewer laws and restrictions with less federal control not more.

At what point do people stop relying on the government to give them permission? Marijuana is a god given gift. If you want to smoke it- grow it yourself and smoke it- or at least get it from a source that you know and trust.

Last edited by shiftmonkey; 02-02-2010 at 01:20 AM.
shiftmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 01:03 AM   #13
shiftmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking.Up View Post
Marijuana is the best plant we have for producing clothing, paper and much much other products that are vital for our civilisation. The products whos production today destroys acres and acres of forests. I'm all for the legalisation of marijuana and bringing it back to the industrial production.
The rabbit hole just keeps getting deeper my friend

You are confusing marijuana with hemp. Industrial hemp is quite different than marijuana. It's a completely different plant with a completely different growing and harvesting process- and it will only give you a headache if you try to smoke it. Yes, it is in the same "family" as marijuana but still very different.

The hemp/marijuana obfuscation was the key to demonizing the plant. It was done to protect the interests of the paper and timber industry. Hearst Paper pulled that one off in the 1930's.

A book called "The Emperor Wears No Clothes" is what you want to read. Below is a link.

You might also want to take a look at my last post about why legalization (the way the federal government wants to do it) might not be such a good thing.

http://www.jackherer.com/chapters.html

Last edited by shiftmonkey; 02-02-2010 at 01:23 AM.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:21 AM   #14
housemouse2
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftmonkey View Post
Sorry about the rant but I just wanted to comment on legalization since it's an issue that is very close to home for me.

Medical marijuana is already legal here in California and the growers here aren't convinced that legalization will benefit anyone except the government and big corporations. It certainly will not benefit the growers as they will tell you first hand.

Most of the growers here are families that work very hard to earn a living at it. Yes some make a good living, but they are very meticulous in their growing methods and most grow organic. They are already under an insane amount of imposed state restrictions that just keep piling up.

After legalization the federal restrictions will further undercut the small family operations and open the door to big corporations like Philip Morris and RJ Reynolds. These companies already own thousands of acres in South America just waiting for the legislation to go through. Restrictions will be such that it will be illegal to grow your own medicine.

After legalization cigarette companies will be the medical marijuana "industry" and you will likely see mergers and acquisitions between them and the pharmaceutical companies. It should already be apparent by examining the effects of the health care/pharmaceutical cartel- industry and medicine do not mix. Take a look at what tobacco companies have done to make tobacco more addictive and the toxic chemicals added to make cigarettes burn a certain way. Do people really want this insidious bunch growing medicine?

I certainly do not want cigarette companies or any corporation deciding what to spray on my medicine. Just stand back for a moment and you can see what's coming. Genetic engineering for maximum yield, chemical additives, toxic pesticides and more taxes to support the machine.

People want legalization but most are extremely short sighted in what the process will actually do. People need to wake up on this issue because legalization the way the government wants to do it is a trap. We need fewer laws and restrictions with less federal control not more.

At what point do people stop relying on the government to give them permission? Marijuana is a god given gift. If you want to smoke it- grow it yourself and smoke it- or at least get it from a source that you know and trust.
You hit the nail on the head. People mistake "legalization" "repealing"

We need to repeal the drug laws and not make new ones.
housemouse2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:53 AM   #15
Firstlook
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

After legalization cigarette companies will be the medical marijuana "industry" and you will likely see mergers and acquisitions between them and the pharmaceutical companies. It should already be apparent by examining the effects of the health care/pharmaceutical cartel that industry and medicine do not mix. Take a look at what tobacco companies have done to make tobacco more addictive and the toxic chemicals added to make cigarettes burn a certain way. Do people really want this insidious bunch growing medicine?

Hey those are all things we should be aware of and keep working on. Im with ya.

With that said, Im Sorry man, but that is the most selfish rant ive heard in a long time.

1. Legalization means that hundreds of thousands of people will not get thrown into prison.

2. Your view that its wrong to legalize it, because Big pharma will contaminate it is understood, but irrelevant. Its about what "the people" can do once it is legal.

3. im sorry for all the regulations. But it is the name of the game when you deal with the government.

4. I do not see legalization as a money maker. I see it as whatever "the people" want it to be. whether it is for recreation, medical, or business.

5. I dont need permission to smoke or grow anything. I dont want to be thrown in jail when I do. What dont you get about being locked up?

Honestly sir, your reasons "sound" good, but your speaking politics to me.....and well It really bares no weight on the subject.

Just being honest.

LEGALIZE IT

peace

P.S. I just want to stress, that I dont care what new spin the government uses with the legalization movement. I want to be free.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:17 AM   #16
Firstlook
Avalon Senior Member

Shiftmonkey Im not trying to pick on you but your posts represent a train of thought that I would like to point out.

It seems that your basic argument is that it is overall safer if we dont make it legal for everyone to use. Because The elites of corporate companies and other negative interests will use this to their advantage for more control. Im afraid that this is becoming a hard reality for "awakened" people to realize. The fight isnt going to end. Its called authority. They dont stop because we sneak around doing things instead of out in the open with no apologies.

Im sorry that things will escalate, but that is inevitable. Politics is a sink hole. There is always gonna be someone with a gun in their hand telling you what to do. Im also sorry that is so.

People need to understand that reacting to the government and authority is only useful in the moment. When you start assuming the future of the game, well your losing the idea of what free will is and its importance with the people.

ok I'll stop now. I think my point is pretty clear and obvious. Atleast I hope to god it is.

peace
Old 02-02-2010, 09:37 AM   #17
Waking.Up
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
[B][COLOR="YellowGreen"]Sorry about the rant but I just wanted to comment on legalization since it's an issue that is very close to home for me.

Ok, I'm just curios how do you know what the restrictions are gonna be? How can it with legalization on a federal level be possible to still be illegal to grow your own pot? It seems pretty obvious to me, if you don't want to smoke corporation pot - grow your own.

Quote:
[B][COLOR="YellowGreen"]
The rabbit hole just keeps getting deeper my friend

You are confusing marijuana with hemp. Industrial hemp is quite different than marijuana. It's a completely different plant with a completely different growing and harvesting process- and it will only give you a headache if you try to smoke it. Yes, it is in the same "family" as marijuana but still very different.

The hemp/marijuana obfuscation was the key to demonizing the plant. It was done to protect the interests of the paper and timber industry. Hearst Paper pulled that one off in the 1930's.

A book called "The Emperor Wears No Clothes" is what you want to read. Below is a link.

You might also want to take a look at my last post about why legalization (the way the federal government wants to do it) might not be such a good thing.
I'm not confusing. I'm not American, so my vocabulary is not that detailed.
I'm aware of the differences between hemp and pot, and that's exactly what I was talking about. The true good side of the legalisation would be a new raw resource for the gigantic paper and clothing industry. Thats the most important thing in the legalisation of the plant, and that is where the money lays. So, I'm not all that assured that the corporations will focus on marijuana, because it will still be grown by small buisnesses, or on your own, but on hemp which would turn in to a multi-billion dollar industry.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:24 AM   #18
Waking.Up
Avalon Senior Member

Well, the interview went exactly as I thought it would go. The questions were extremely filtered, nothing new was said. Go to sleep America, your goverment is in control.

http://www.youtube.com/citizentube?feature=ticker

Last edited by Waking.Up; 02-02-2010 at 07:47 PM.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:23 PM   #19
shiftmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Hey those are all things we should be aware of and keep working on. Im with ya.
Thanks! Please don't take offense at some of the sarcasm that you are about to read. I have absolutely no ill feelings here. I'm writing this with a smile on my face- Okay?

Quote:
With that said, Im Sorry man, but that is the most selfish rant ive heard in a long time.
Selfish? Please cut me some slack dude... I think it's more accurate to say that you just don't agree.

Quote:
1. Legalization means that hundreds of thousands of people will not get thrown into prison.
Umm... I don't agree. When legalization happens it will come in the form of "Medical Marijuana" legislation and it will come with strings attached- all kinds of new laws and restrictions. Those laws and restrictions will protect corporate interests and create more opportunities to throw regular people in prison.

You will also need a prescription to smoke it or buy it- without which you will still go to prison. You will be limited to the amount you are allowed to carry and have at home. No big deal until the cops start patting you down or show up at your door because the music is too load.

Legalization is not about you. It's not about the regular guy who likes to smoke a nice fat blunt with his buddies. It's about control, it's about taxes, and it's about big business.

Quote:
2. Your view that its wrong to legalize it, because Big pharma will contaminate it is understood, but irrelevant. Its about what "the people" can do once it is legal.
Irrelevant? Come on... who died and made you the boss of this thread? And I did state beforehand that it was a rant so get over it.

It has nothing to do with "the people" my friend. Do you want to know what it's really about? go back and read what I wrote in step 1.

Quote:
3. im sorry for all the regulations. But it is the name of the game when you deal with the government.
Exactly... that's why you don't want to create more laws. All the government needs to do is "repeal" the laws that are already on the books... the ones that make marijuana "illegal". If they repeal the current laws nobody goes to jail and you don't have all the stings attached. I never said that I was against "legalization". I said that "the way the government wants to do it" is not a good idea, and I firmly stand by that.

Quote:
4. I do not see legalization as a money maker. I see it as whatever "the people" want it to be. whether it is for recreation, medical, or business.
No offense but that statement is really naive.

Quote:
5. I dont need permission to smoke or grow anything. I dont want to be thrown in jail when I do. What dont you get about being locked up?
That's right. You don't need permission. It's your god given right to smoke whatever natural herb on the face of this beautiful planet. I don't want you to be thrown in jail either buddy! But if people keep falling over every time the government says BOO they will just keep piling on more laws and reasons to throw you in prison.

You might want to go back to step 3 and read what I wrote about "repealing" the laws so nobody goes to jail. As a matter of fact if they repeal the current laws most of those people already incarcerated for marijuana related charges get a "get out of jail free" card... but the corrupt prison system doesn't want that because they will lose a good portion of their slave labor force. Oh my... let me refrain before the thread police accuse me of being irrelevant.

Quote:
Honestly sir, your reasons "sound" good, but your speaking politics to me.....and well It really bares no weight on the subject.
Your just being cute...

Quote:
Just being honest.

LEGALIZE IT
An opinion is an opinion. What you are mistaking as your own honesty is the Naïveté of a misguided individual who has played into the hands of government propaganda. You have your eye on the prize instead of the finish line.

Quote:
peace

P.S. I just want to stress, that I dont care what new spin the government uses with the legalization movement. I want to be free.
You don't care what spin the government uses... yes that's obvious... your stuck on the idea of "legalization" and you have firmly planted yourself on the bandwagon and closed your mind.

Freedom is a state of mind. Ask Spoon Jackson.

Peace to you as well brother.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:19 PM   #20
illuminate
Avalon Senior Member

imo Shift has brought up some excellent points here.

I wouldn't want my medicine to come from big brother either
that's why you didn't see me in the vaccination line

unfortunately, at the end of the day, the deciding factor is usually
money, instead of what's best for the people.

~ one love ~
illuminate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 05:23 PM   #21
shiftmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Shiftmonkey Im not trying to pick on you but your posts represent a train of thought that I would like to point out.
Hey I understand. Really! and you can pick on me all you like. Just don't expect me to fall over and agree with you.

Quote:
It seems that your basic argument is that it is overall safer if we dont make it legal for everyone to use. Because The elites of corporate companies and other negative interests will use this to their advantage for more control. Im afraid that this is becoming a hard reality for "awakened" people to realize. The fight isnt going to end. Its called authority. They dont stop because we sneak around doing things instead of out in the open with no apologies.
You have completely misinterpreted my stance on legalization. See my answers in the previous post for clarification.

oh... and you have way too much confidence in authority. Just my opinion.

Quote:
Im sorry that things will escalate, but that is inevitable. Politics is a sink hole. There is always gonna be someone with a gun in their hand telling you what to do. Im also sorry that is so.
Have you noticed that you keep apologizing for the government?

"It's inevitable that things will always escalate?" "There is always going to be someone with a gun in their hand telling me what to do?" You have a pretty grim view of the future! Maybe you should take some of your own advice: "When you start assuming the future of the game, well your losing the idea of what free will is and its importance with the people."

Those things may be true in your reality but my reality looks quite different. Personally I feel that the government as we know it today will be history within 20 years, possibly sooner. The future looks pretty bright as far as I'm concerned, but I also believe that the next few years are going to be one hairy ride so I hope you've got your seat belt on.

Quote:
People need to understand that reacting to the government and authority is only useful in the moment.
The way I see it "reacting" is not useful at all. "Responding" is a far more effective means of getting things done.
Quote:
When you start assuming the future of the game, well your losing the idea of what free will is and its importance with the people.
I have not assumed anything. I have simply stated my opinion and it is my free will to do so.

Quote:
ok I'll stop now. I think my point is pretty clear and obvious. Atleast I hope to god it is.

peace
Yeah... I'd like to stop now too. Let's shake on it!
Old 02-03-2010, 05:55 PM   #22
shiftmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Ok, I'm just curios how do you know what the restrictions are gonna be?
It's just an educated guess on my part based on the governments track record and the way things are managed here in California where medical marijuana legislation has already been passed.
Quote:
How can it with legalization on a federal level be possible to still be illegal to grow your own pot?
You'll be able to grow your own pot if you have a doctors prescription. If you don't have a doctors prescription you will still get thrown in jail.
Quote:
I'm not confusing. I'm not American, so my vocabulary is not that detailed.
I'm aware of the differences between hemp and pot, and that's exactly what I was talking about. The true good side of the legalisation would be a new raw resource for the gigantic paper and clothing industry. Thats the most important thing in the legalisation of the plant, and that is where the money lays. So, I'm not all that assured that the corporations will focus on marijuana, because it will still be grown by small buisnesses, or on your own, but on hemp which would turn in to a multi-billion dollar industry.

Just my 2 cents.
I apologize if I came across as presumptuous. The mix-up between marijuana and hemp is very common. I didn't realize that you have a limited vocabulary in English.

I totally agree with you. Hemp would be an outstanding resource for industry. The problem is that the majority of paper and textile factories are not set up to deal with hemp fiber. To convert the factories over to hemp will cost billions of dollars, so don't expect industry to be very supportive of hemp decriminalization.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:01 PM   #23
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Shiftmonkey.......what we have here is problem, reaction, solution. A solution we all will not like or approve of.

shiftmonkey, you have made some really valid points in your post, & to be honest, ones I had not contemplated. The cigarette industry is struggling for survival, so the legalization of marijuana would be a nice cash cow for them.

Just like people don't grow their own tobacco for their cigerattes, neither will people bother to grow their own weed when they can buy it at the local corner store or drugstore.

This is a perfect win/win for government & industry. However, since govt. & the pharmaceutical industry is not in the business of "curing" people of disease, don't expect them to sell you a product to cure your cancer.

I agree, legalizing the herb will only benefit industry.
waitinginthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:33 PM   #24
Waking.Up
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
It's just an educated guess on my part based on the governments track record and the way things are managed here in California where medical marijuana legislation has already been passed.

You'll be able to grow your own pot if you have a doctors prescription. If you don't have a doctors prescription you will still get thrown in jail.
I'm sorry, but that is not what legalization means. Legalization laws have been passed in Netherlands for many years now. You can buy, grow and smoke your own pot wheter you have or have not a doctors prescription.

Quote:
I apologize if I came across as presumptuous. The mix-up between marijuana and hemp is very common. I didn't realize that you have a limited vocabulary in English.

I totally agree with you. Hemp would be an outstanding resource for industry. The problem is that the majority of paper and textile factories are not set up to deal with hemp fiber. To convert the factories over to hemp will cost billions of dollars, so don't expect industry to be very supportive of hemp decriminalization.
It's really not a problem. I'm sorry if I came across too crude. Thats just my style of thinking in english
I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:10 AM   #25
Firstlook
Avalon Senior Member

Shiftmonkey,

The underlying justifications for your "responses" to authority seem like this :

The government will do this, The Industry will do that. People will make the wrong choices.

Yet Ive been accused of having the grim outlook.

I think you might be less independent in your intent then you realize.

You have explained politics. You loose by default. You support the infringement on Individual Choice. It is the same for all issues within politics and law.

What I am trying to explain is reality in the most neutral way possible. Duality. People will always make wrong choices and do harm to others. When I say "will" its for the sake of being neutral. Its not a "grim" outlook, its the structure of something important. Free Will. Its the human ability to do either negative or positive.

I want things to get better. I dont want to get distracted by numbers, compromises, laws, "responses", etc......

I think people on this thread agree "FULL" legalization is what we want. And yet I have a sinking feeling that people think its something to be planned. Nope. You say one thing. Full legalization. Thats it.

I understand the urge to use government for good by keeping things tougher for Industry and Corporate America to do. We are all scared of things. Thats why you follow laws that you dont agree with. You meaning most people. But all your really talking about is control. Not freedom. Safety. Its backwards talk. Surely you see the conflict.

If you watch politics and engage in the process. Then thats the problem. I'm sorry they have guns and will use them. Thats about as far as my understanding goes about Politics.

I could have made this point alot easier by just stating that I try to avoid the law as much as possible. I lie to the authorities when need be. I do not believe in government what so ever.

I know we both have the right concerns and best wishes at heart. I merely see where the issue is more..........fearlessly?

I dont have a family to support, so my burden is of my own. But I do not compare burdens and decide which are more important. This is the thinking in which your logic on this issue is based. Others too?

But I digress. Perhaps this is something for another thread.

For now I'll quit while Im...............awww ****.

peace my friend.