Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Books, Videos, Articles, etc.

Notices

Old 01-19-2010, 05:48 AM   #1
JudgeMental
Avalon Senior Member

Default Vatican Admits ET's "could exist" (you wanted discloser?)

Namaste. Seems the Vatican has already beat the world governments to discloser. This happened in May of 2008. Not that I trust anything the Vatican has to say. This still remains most interesting. Perhaps the religious community is being prepared so they don't freak out. Or so when full discloser comes out on CNN the Vatican can claim they admitted ET's first.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7399661.stm

Last edited by JudgeMental; 01-21-2010 at 01:25 AM.
JudgeMental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 05:57 AM   #2
Ravencalls
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Vatican Admits ET's "could exist" (you wanted discloser?)

smiles~~.. they "could exist"...

Im not to sure this can be seen as disclosure... But its a step in the right direction for sure.

thanx for the info.
Ravencalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 06:32 AM   #3
Shaynard
Avalon Senior Member

I was very happy with the article until the final paragraph.

Thank you for the thread and info. It's good to hear them say something.

In light, of love
Shaynard
Shaynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:44 PM   #4
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

Proves to me what liars and great manipulators they all are

My favorite part was they will not hold original sin...........
mntruthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:38 PM   #5
JudgeMental
Avalon Senior Member

I still would be curious to read the Vatican newspaper article "Aliens Are My Brother". If I could find it.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:38 AM   #6
Mercuriel
Avalon Senior Member

Arrow Re: Vatican Admits ET's "could exist" (you wanted discloser?)

While this is kind of Old News - Lets not forget what this means and understand the gravity of It.

For Hundreds if not Thousands of Years - Those Who've talked about those above have either been branded Lunatic, Troublemaker, Heretic or Dangerous...

Many have died in keeping this Info out of the Mainsteam so understand this please...

For the Vatican to finally say that ETs are God's Children too means the fall of 2000 Years of Dogma. Thats Epic and does not come out for no reason at all. They are not just trying to be safe...

We're being prepared on purpose...

Another Vatican doozy if You were unawares is the admonition by Pope John Paul II, that there is no Hell except that which You create for Yourself by Your own Thoughts and Guilt over Them...

EPIC...

Mercuriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:46 AM   #7
illuminate
Avalon Senior Member

having been forced to ingest way too much catholicism as a child,
I must admit that I can't wait for the vatican to publicly eat
the truth... but all I really want is one of their library cards!!!

~ one love ~
illuminate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:47 AM   #8
lindabaker
Avalon Senior Member

Mercurial: You are absolutely right about the enormity of these statements. If you look at the long view of the Vatican's stance on things, these admissions are a huge turnaround. Linda
lindabaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:49 AM   #9
Majorion
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuriel View Post
We're being prepared on purpose...
Yes we are being prepared, albeit, very very slowly.

Frankly, I don't care about waiting for some disclosure from the same people who have been suppressing the truth for decades if not centuries. They can keep their lies to themselves, I don't expect any major announcement within the next 50 years.

On the other hand, science, will confirm extraterrestrial life, primitive and/or microbial ET life in the next 10 years or so, and thats what the vatican is preparing for, thats why they are playing politics right now. They don't want to lose control over their followers, thats why Catholicism is embracing alien life, they know they have to do it.
Majorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 03:23 AM   #10
haibane
Avalon Senior Member

I'd say they're just securing their power in case one of the main pillars of the dogma crumbles to bits ... They don't want to look like complete idiots if teh mothership lands on the Vatican lawn. My 2 cents, anyway : )
haibane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:24 PM   #11
enemyofNWO
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by haibane View Post
I'd say they're just securing their power in case one of the main pillars of the dogma crumbles to bits ... They don't want to look like complete idiots if teh mothership lands on the Vatican lawn. My 2 cents, anyway : )
Considering that a representative of the Vatican was present at the signing of the treaty between the US and an " alien race " in February 1954 the admission of an alien possibility is a small concession to reality .
According to author William Cooper
" The papal representative was Catholic Bishop MacIntyre of Los Angeles . "
This from page 202 of William Cooper's " Behold a pale horse " .
So this statement about the existence of the aliens is just like having a bet each way ....
With the history of fascist control mentality of the church it is likely that this change has been forced on the Vatican . Their survival is at stake .
enemyofNWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 03:30 PM   #12
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemyofNWO View Post
Considering that a representative of the Vatican was present at the signing of the treaty between the US and an " alien race " in February 1954 the admission of an alien possibility is a small concession to reality .
According to author William Cooper
" The papal representative was Catholic Bishop MacIntyre of Los Angeles . "
This from page 202 of William Cooper's " Behold a pale horse " .
So this statement about the existence of the aliens is just like having a bet each way ....
With the history of fascist control mentality of the church it is likely that this change has been forced on the Vatican . Their survival is at stake .
Who do you think forced this on the Vatican ?

The Black Pope runs the Vatican and we all know who he is Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, the General of the International Military Order of the Society of Jesus, commonly known as “the Black Pope

This is not a force but part of their initial plan of what is to be. things are moving along just fine.
mntruthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 03:40 PM   #13
Peace of mind
Avalon Senior Member

The only interest I have concerning the Vatican is the secrets hidden underneath it. All original scriptures and artifacts should be left public not stored away so the truth can be fabricated. Once I realized that people actually kisses a ring on the popes hand (as if he is God) I lost the little respect I had for this conglomerate.

Peace
Peace of mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 04:56 PM   #14
enemyofNWO
Avalon Senior Member

"Who do you think forced this on the Vatican ? "

Just events like partial disclosure about UFO and ET . More people becoming aware about those things . A possible disclosure and public revelation of ET would ignite a lot of philosophical questions about the " Christ " .
Ignoring the possibility of "existence " of ET could prove damaging later ..
From my point of view it would be more important to recognize equal civil rights to aliens of any type . It must be remembered that the Vatican has one or more astronomic observatory and it has been an active accomplice of the PTB' s suppression of information for a long time . Consideration about the negative effects of disclosure on society , religions , economy and social order were used from the very beginning by the US as an excuse to keep the secrecy and continue it . The Vatican rulers must have a pretty good idea of what is our possible future . Besides that ,even here in Italy , it is known that the seminaries are empty and the average age of priests is over 50 year . All of those things point to a global " awareness " about the traps of organized religion . My crystal ball makes me think that in 50 years the churches could be relegated to the garbage bin of history by a combination of future events .

Regarding the secrets of the Vatican library I think it is a scandal that so much information has been locked up for so long . Again another egregious example of control of the information , history and the truth . The nature of the beast is fascist .
enemyofNWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 05:44 PM   #15
JudgeMental
Avalon Senior Member

Forced you say? That is an interesting angle on that. Forced or realizing the truth is the only thing that going to save them from loosing their grip on the world. Makes one mad when thinking of the people that have been whacked to hide this stuff.
Opening the library by releasing the information would be better. Not sure I would want to be anywhere near the basement of that place. If the info went on a web page they sure would have the biggest website in history with the most hits for years. That will never happen.

NO ONE EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!
Old 01-21-2010, 12:58 AM   #16
nagual
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeMental View Post
Namaste. Seems the Vatican has already beat the world governments to discloser. This happened in May last year.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7399661.stm
Hi JM,
the article is from May, 2008...
nagual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:23 AM   #17
JudgeMental
Avalon Senior Member

Yes I myself noticed that. Has not quite hit me its 2010 yet. The years fly by.
Old 01-21-2010, 05:14 PM   #18
JudgeMental
Avalon Senior Member

Well I went to the Vatican newspaper website looking for the article "Aliens Are My Brother". I ended up emailing the Vatican archives. I will post the article here. If I get it.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:13 PM   #19
JudgeMental
Avalon Senior Member

Well I got a reply from Vatican. This is the email they sent me. Apparently the world must come to God. But it can't come to god without your financial contribution.

Re: Aliens Are My Brother‏
From: Archivio Storico - Osservatore Romano (vati1026@ossrom.va)

You can find it on
http://www.vatican.va/news_services/.../112q08a1.html.

If you want iy in english, please send a fax to the following number: 0039/06/69883675, or an e-mail to: archivio@ossrom.va with your complete postal address, e-mail address,the code A6290 and adding the receipt for the payment you have made.

The cost of transcoding is 8 Euro

Payment may be made by:

- postal current account n. 649004 (Italy only);

- international postal order;

- credit transfer to Istituto per le Opere di Religione

account n. 20996-001 (Euro)

c/c n° 20996-002 (U.S dollars)

- accredito bancario presso la BANCA DI ROMA
VIA DELLA CONCILIAZIONE – 00193 ROMA
ACCOUNT NUMBER 74136
IBAN (INTERNATIONAL BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER)
IT54O0300205008000000074136
BIC (BANK IDENTIFIER CODE) OR SWIFT CODE: CAPTITRR;

- cheque issued by an American bank

- credit card

_ Visa _ Eurocard/Mastercard _ Diners _ American Express

N. _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Date of expiry of credit card ____/_____

Authorization to deduct an amount of: ______________________________________

Date _________________ Signature of credit card holder _______________________________

Full name and address of credit card holder ___________________________________;

This should be faxed, attention to:

Editor, L'Osservatore Romano - 00120 Città del Vaticano

Best Regards,
Fabrizio Peloni
Archivio redazionale de L’Osservatore Romano
Via del Pellegrino – 00120 Città del Vaticano
Tel: 0039.06.69899311/2
Fax: 0039.06. 69883675
E-mail: archivio@ossrom.va
Old 01-26-2010, 06:13 PM   #20
JudgeMental
Avalon Senior Member

Here is the article translated

Italian to English translation

Show romanization
The relationship between astronomy and faith in an interview with Father Funes, director of the Vatican Observatory
The extraterrestrial is my brother

Francis M. Valiante

"So we went to see the stars." Cites Dante - the famous verse that closes the last canto - to describe the mission of astronomy. Which is primarily to "give back to people the right size of creatures small and fragile against the backdrop of immeasurable billions and billions of galaxies." And if it turns out not to be the only ones to inhabit the universe? The hypothesis not worried too much. You can believe in God and the extraterrestrials. We can admit the existence of other worlds and other lives, even more advanced than ours, without calling into question the belief in creation, incarnation, redemption. Word of astronomer and priest. Word of Jose Gabriel Funes, director of the Vatican Observatory.
Argentino, forty-five, a Jesuit, Father Funes since August 2006 has the keys located in the historic Papal Palace of Castel Gandolfo, which Pius XI granted Vatican Observatory in 1935. In about a year, will return to receive those of the Basilian monastery located on the border between the Pontifical Villas and Albania, where they will move the studies, laboratories and the library of the Observatory. Combines courteous and calm at the slight detachment from earthly things to those used to keep our eyes turned upward. A little 'philosopher and a little' detective, as all astronomers. Contemplating the sky is for him to act more authentically human can do. Why - explained to L'Osservatore Romano "-" expands our hearts and helps us get out of so many hells that humanity has created on earth: the violence, wars, poverty, oppression. "

How was the interest of the Church and the Popes in astronomy?

The origins can be traced back to Gregory XIII, who was the architect of the reform of the calendar in 1582. Father Christopher Clavius, a Jesuit Roman College, was part of the commission that studied this reform. Between the eighteenth and nineteenth century arose three observers on the initiative of the Popes. Then in 1891, in a time of conflict between the world of the Church and the scientific world, Pope Leo XIII wished to establish, or better pay, the Vatican Observatory. He did this precisely to show that the Church was not against science but science promoted a "real and solid", according to his own words. The Observatory was created with a purpose so essentially apologetic, but over the years has become part of the Church's dialogue with the world.

The study of the laws of the universe close to or away from God?

Astronomy has a profound human value. It is a science that opens the heart and mind. It helps us to put into perspective our lives, our hopes, our problems. In this sense - and here I speak as a priest and as a Jesuit - is also a great apostolic instrument that can bring to God

Yet many astronomers do not miss a chance to make a public profession of atheism.

I would say that is a bit 'a myth believe that astronomy atheism promotes a vision of the world. It seems to me just who works at the Observatory offers the best evidence of how people can believe in God and doing science in a serious way. Over many words count our work. Count the credibility and awards won at international level, collaboration with colleagues and institutions from all over the world, the results of our research and our findings. The Church has left a mark on the history of astronomy.

There are some examples.

Just remember that thirty craters of the moon named after Jesuit astronomers old. And what an asteroid was named after my predecessor to the direction of the Observatory, Father George Coyne. One might also recall the importance of contributions such as those of Father O'Connell to the identification of the "Green Ray" or brother Consolmagno the downgrading of Pluto. To say nothing of the Father Corbally - Deputy Director of our Astronomy Center of Tucson - who has worked with a team of NASA to the recent discovery of asteroids remnants of binary systems of stars.

The Church's interest in the study of the universe can be explained by the fact that astronomy is the only science that has to do with infinity and then with God?

To be precise, the universe is not infinite. It is very big but it is finished because of an age: fourteen billion years, according to our latest knowledge. And if you are younger, it means that a limit in space. The universe was born in a given time and has since expanded continuously.

From what it originated?

That remains the big bang, in my opinion, the best explanation of the origin of the universe that we have so far from a scientific perspective.

And then what happened?

For three hundred thousand years the matter, energy, the light remained united in a kind of mixture. The universe was opaque. Then they separated. So we now live in a universe transparent, we can see the light: the most distant galaxies, for example, who came to us after eleven or twelve billion years. We must remember that light travels three hundred thousand kilometers per second. And it is this limit to confirm that the observable universe today is not infinite.

The big bang theory corroborates or contradicts the vision of faith based on the biblical account of creation?

As an astronomer, I continue to believe that God is the creator of the universe and that we are not the product of chance but the children of a good father, who gave us a project of love. The Bible is not fundamentally a book of science. As emphasized in the Dei Verbum, is the book of God's word addressed to us. It is a love letter that God wrote to his people, in a language that dates back two thousand or three thousand years ago. At the time, of course, was totally alien a concept like the big bang. So you can not ask the Bible a scientific answer. Similarly, we do not know if in future more or less near the Big Bang theory will be superseded by a more comprehensive and complete explanation of the origin of the universe. He is currently the best and is not in contradiction with faith. Is reasonable.

But in Genesis it talks about the earth, animals, man and woman. This excludes the possibility of the existence of other worlds or living beings in the universe?

In my opinion this possibility exists. Astronomers believe the universe is made up of one hundred billion galaxies, each of which consists of one hundred billion stars. Many of these, or almost all, could have planets. How can you exclude that life has developed elsewhere? There is a branch of astronomy, the astrobiology, which studies precisely this aspect which has made much progress in recent years. By examining the spectra of light coming from stars and planets, soon will identify the elements of their atmospheres - so-called biomakers - and whether there are conditions for the emergence and development of life. Furthermore, life forms could exist in theory even without oxygen or hydrogen.

It also refers to beings like ourselves or more advanced?

Possibly. So far we have no proof. But certainly in a universe so big we can not exclude this hypothesis.

And this would not be a problem for our faith?

I think not. Just as there is a multiplicity of creatures on earth, so there may be other beings, even intelligent, created by God This is not inconsistent with our faith because we can not put limits on the creative freedom of God In the words of St. Francis, if we consider the earthly creatures as "brother" and "sister", because we could not speak of a 'brother extraterrestrial'? Would however also part of creation.

And what about redemption?

Borrowing the gospel image of the lost sheep. The shepherd leaves the ninety-nine in the fold to look for one that has been lost. We think that in this universe can be a hundred sheep, corresponding to different forms of creatures. We who belong to the human race could be just the lost sheep, the sinners that need the shepherd. God became man in Jesus to save us. Thus, even if there were other intelligent beings, it is said that they should have need of redemption. Could have remained full in friendship with their Creator.

I insist: if it were sinners, could be a redemption for them?

Jesus has been incarnated once and for all. The incarnation is a unique and unrepeatable. However I am sure that they, somehow, would have the option of enjoying the mercy of God as it was for us men.

Next year we are celebrating the bicentenary of Darwin's birth and the Church back to confront evolutionism. Astronomy can contribute to this confrontation?

As an astronomer I can say that the observation of stars and galaxies there emerges a clear evolutionary process. This is a scientific fact. Even here I see no contradiction between what we can learn evolution - provided an ideology does not become absolute - and our faith in God there are some fundamental truths that still do not change: God is the creator, there is a sense to creation, we are not children of the case.

On this basis, it is possible a dialogue with men of science?

I would say that it is indeed necessary. Faith and science are not irreconcilable. He said John Paul II and Benedict XVI has repeated it: faith and reason are the two wings with which elevates the human spirit. There is no contradiction between what we know through faith and what we learn through science. There may be tensions or conflicts, but we should not be afraid. The Church should not fear science and its discoveries.

As was the case with Galileo.

That is certainly a case that has marked the history of the Church community and the scientific community. It is useless to deny that the conflict there was. Perhaps in future there will be more similar. But I think it's time to turn the page and look to the future instead. This incident has left some wounds. There have been misunderstandings. The church has somehow recognized its mistakes. Maybe you could do better. But now it's time to heal these wounds. And what can be achieved in an environment of calm dialogue and collaboration. People need that science and faith to help each other, without betraying the clarity and honesty of their positions.

But because today is so hard this collaboration?

I think one of the problems of the relationship between science and faith is ignorance. On the one hand, scientists should learn to correctly read the Bible and to understand the truths of our faith. Second, theologians and churchmen should update on the progress of science, to be able to give effective responses to the questions it raises continuously. Unfortunately, even in schools and parishes lack a path that helps to integrate faith and science. Catholics are often left without the knowledge learned at the time of the catechism. I think this is a real challenge from the pastoral point of view.

What can be done in this regard, the Observatory?

John XXIII said that our mission must be to explain to astronomers, the Church and the Church astronomy. We are like a bridge, a small bridge between the world of science and the Church. Along this bridge there are those who go in one direction and those who go in another. As recommended by Benedict XVI to us Jesuits at the last general congregation, we must be men on the frontiers. I believe that the Observatory has this mission: to be on the frontier between the world of science and the world of faith, to give testimony that it is possible to believe in God and being good scientists.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:35 PM   #21
chelmostef
Avalon Senior Member

Seems like they are happy to believe in aliens... But metion Darwinian to them and its quite a different matter..
chelmostef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 06:58 PM   #22
JudgeMental
Avalon Senior Member

The line that grabbed me was "I think one of the problems of the relationship between science and faith is ignorance". This line grabs me due to the fact that the ignorance he speaks of will remain until the Vatican library is a public one and the Vatican decides to start talking about the truth.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:56 PM   #23
JudgeMental
Avalon Senior Member

In the face discloser and no further comments? If you agree with this or want to pick it apart. I would really like to hear from you. It was very painstaking for me to ask the Vatican for something. j/k

Last edited by JudgeMental; 01-28-2010 at 05:09 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:21 AM   #24
JudgeMental
Avalon Senior Member

Nothing?

Last edited by JudgeMental; 01-28-2010 at 05:09 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:10 PM   #25
JudgeMental
Avalon Senior Member

Just wow.