Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Project Camelot General Discussion

Notices

Project Camelot General Discussion Reactions, feedback and suggestions on interviews, current events and experiences.

Old 08-04-2009, 03:51 AM   #1
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Default Personal attacks (conducted on this forum)

Threads started for the sole purpose of personal attacks against members of this forum will be deleted.

The people to whom this message applies know the measure in which it applies to them.

One thread was removed today.

This thread is being left open to response, but please keep it civil.

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 04:39 AM   #2
TRANCOSO
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Personal attacks

The BS threads on Green, Deacon & Dan 'Rubbish' serve a purpose. A lot of Avalon members reply to these threads with genuine & pollite anger, & not without reason.
BS threads on fellow members of this forum are, in my opinion, absolutely 'not done'!
If we expect the world to become a better & more civilized planet, the least we could do is being an example to the way people should communicate with each other.
Love & Respect, ladies & gentlemen, Love & Respect.
Everybody has the same right to his/her opinion.
If you don't like what you read, ignore it.
Sticks & stones can break my bones, but words can never heard me.
BS'ers are filtered out by a natural process.
And remember, Project Avalon doesn't 'belong' to anybody, but to it's members & readers.
We are Avalon.
Let's keep it civilized & positive, please.
TRANCOSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 04:48 AM   #3
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

United we stand, divided we fall.
Let us not fall for illuminati style tricks aimed to divide and conquer.
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 05:10 AM   #4
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANCOSO View Post
The BS threads on Green, Deacon & Dan 'Rubbish' serve a purpose. A lot of Avalon members reply to these threads with genuine & pollite anger, & not without reason.
BS threads on fellow members of this forum are, in my opinion, absolutely 'not done'!
If we expect the world to become a better & more civilized planet, the least we could do is being an example to the way people should communicate with each other.
Love & Respect, ladies & gentlemen, Love & Respect.
Everybody has the same right to his/her opinion.
If you don't like what you read, ignore it.
Sticks & stones can break my bones, but words can never heard me.
BS'ers are filtered out by a natural process.
And remember, Project Avalon doesn't 'belong' to anybody, but to it's members & readers.
We are Avalon.
Let's keep it civilized & positive, please.
Henry Deacon has no BS threads, Dan Burisch and George Green are not forum members. In other words, I agree.

Last edited by tone3jaguar; 08-04-2009 at 05:16 AM.
tone3jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 01:35 PM   #5
Luminari
Avalon Senior Member

I am glad that a certain thread has been deleted, I'm not too happy about the situation. It was a karmic response to the hate messages espoused by the recipient recently.

Attacks on George Green will not be tolerated, I hope that is crystal clear.

I won't be doing any more 'enforcing'... but there are forces in play.

T3J I hope you are feeling better, please refrain from attacking people you do not know personally lest you meet the same end.
Luminari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 04:48 PM   #6
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminari View Post
I am glad that a certain thread has been deleted, I'm not too happy about the situation. It was a karmic response to the hate messages espoused by the recipient recently.

T3J I hope you are feeling better, please refrain from attacking people you do not know personally lest you meet the same end.
Please enlighten me as to how calling B.S. on one subject that George Green has spoken of is an attack. An attack is when you viciously go after another individual. I am just opening up a debate about fear inducing prophecy from an individual that could lead to unnecessary paranoia and fear. Blindly accepting everything that an individual has to say because once upon a time he put out some good stuff is not using good intuitive discernment.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:53 PM   #7
Luminari
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tone3jaguar View Post
Please enlighten me as to how calling B.S. on one subject that George Green has spoken of is an attack. An attack is when you viciously go after another individual. I am just opening up a debate about fear inducing prophecy from an individual that could lead to unnecessary paranoia and fear. Blindly accepting everything that an individual has to say because once upon a time he put out some good stuff is not using good intuitive discernment.
Your disrespectful attitude. I would have banned you for the titles of your Burisch and Green 'hit pieces'. Discussion is one thing.. what you're doing is another.
Luminari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 04:56 PM   #8
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
What forces?

Last edited by tone3jaguar; 08-04-2009 at 05:29 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:57 PM   #9
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminari View Post
Your disrespectful attitude. I would have banned you for the titles of your Burisch and Green 'hit pieces'. Discussion is one thing.. what you're doing is another.
So I take it you don't have an answer to my question?
Old 08-04-2009, 04:59 PM   #10
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Not be tolerated by whom?

Last edited by tone3jaguar; 08-04-2009 at 05:52 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:10 PM   #11
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
It was a karmic response to the hate messages espoused by the recipient recently.
So now you are a conduit for Universal Karma? This is starting to sound more and more like a certain type of philosophy I have heard of in the past.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:52 PM   #12
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

You mean these forces?

http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=15829

or these forces?

http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=13585
Old 08-04-2009, 06:07 PM   #13
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

It was also interesting how my computer spontainiously turned off for the first time since I bought it 1.5 years ago at about the exact moment that the Personal Attack was issued last night. It would not turn back on for about 10 min. I checked the heat sinc to make sure it was not overheating and it was not. When I turned it back on is when I found the new thread posted by you know who. I must have really hit some off the right truth buttons.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:14 PM   #14
TheChosen
Avalon Senior Member

Moderators? Please keep the energy at levels we have gotten used to.. you know what I mean..
TheChosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 06:22 PM   #15
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChosen View Post
Moderators? Please keep the energy at levels we have gotten used to.. you know what I mean..
We are short on moderators. This moderator is helping teenagers get ready for fair.

Can the members moderate themselves?

Can other members help with gentle reminders?

I have to go back to supervising the 3D situation in my back yard.
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 06:28 PM   #16
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

Its all good, maby this is part of the great revealing?
Old 08-04-2009, 06:30 PM   #17
Samarkis
Avalon Senior Member

In Peace & Respect....

I am asking all to pls add personal reflexives to their responses...it reduces tensions (i.e.-"in my opinion","I feel","it appears to me"....)it then becomes less of a frontal attack.....

Here in the US, we are used to saying anything and letting others prove or disprove what we say...It is my hopes, in the light of true discussion, that all can accept that mode as it opens new avenues of thought...if someone doesn't agree with your posts, either explain further or ignore...we are the "New Humanity" Let's set new precedents!!!!

Wishing you all success!

Samarkis as I AM Moderator.....
Samarkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 06:48 PM   #18
THEWATCHER
Avalon Senior Member

WOWZER!! Can I safely throw my 2 cents worth in here? I see some pretty close to threat material in this thread, and thats not on. What the hell is it coming to when someone cannot place their opinion of any individual so called insider whistleblower without being shot at by obvious supporters of that insider. It not cricket!!. I too have grave misgivings about Dan Burisch, maybe one or two others, GONNA TAKE A POP AT ME? I'm up for it

Barry
THEWATCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:35 PM   #19
Samarkis
Avalon Senior Member

In this particular thread, I am again asking all to use personal reflexives added to their comments so as to reduce the impression of frontal attacks...if you pls Watcher, that includes yourself.... In my opinion, that will open discussion instead of feeling like attacks....

Thank you all for co-operating!!!
Samarkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:56 PM   #20
TheChosen
Avalon Senior Member

There is a difference between a dissagreement and a personal attack. The problem is not the disagreement, but the way it is presented.

This forum is the place where the most controversial subjects are discussed, thus without presenting them in the right format it is very easy to offend someone or be quite misunderstood.

All it takes is to apply some assertiveness when presenting one's views.. nothing more. It can be a pain and limiting sometimes, but I personally believe it is the most optimal way of sharing information at the current level of cosciousness on this forum.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assertiveness

Last edited by TheChosen; 08-04-2009 at 08:00 PM.
TheChosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 08:01 PM   #21
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi Everybody,

I understand the need for some people to let off steam. I'm the same. However, what I say in the forum is only a small slice of what I say out loud to myself (good job I'm not being recorded!).

I think what the moderating team is trying to say is that we don't need to be brash to get our points over. I think I mentioned in another thread about George Green, that I wasn't on board with everything he said, nor did I understand why Henry Deacon was in Amsterdam. But I wasn't disrespectful in my comments, even though my thoughts were a little more direct.

In my opinion if people who call themselves 'insiders', 'experts', 'whistleblowers', or any other name that they wish to call themselves, making claims that, it could be argued, sometimes are hard to swallow, of course they are open to criticism by people who find it difficult to accept what they are saying. It's human nature.
I didn't make Deacon leap on to a stage in Barça and say that he went to Mars, I didn't make george Green Skype Amsterdam and say he had a message from the Pleidians. These comments should be discussed and opinions should be able to be made public, but we must keep the discussion in good taste, otherwise we will end up again, like we are, arguing the toss as to who insulted who and who upset who and the list can go on forever....

Keep it real, keep it objective, but keep it polite at least, even if you disagree and explaining why you disagree is always a good thing as that allows others to see your reasoning and could put a new light or other perspective to the idea.

Best regards,

Steve
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 08:25 PM   #22
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_A View Post
Hi Everybody,

I understand the need for some people to let off steam. I'm the same. However, what I say in the forum is only a small slice of what I say out loud to myself (good job I'm not being recorded!).

I think what the moderating team is trying to say is that we don't need to be brash to get our points over. I think I mentioned in another thread about George Green, that I wasn't on board with everything he said, nor did I understand why Henry Deacon was in Amsterdam. But I wasn't disrespectful in my comments, even though my thoughts were a little more direct.

In my opinion if people who call themselves 'insiders', 'experts', 'whistleblowers', or any other name that they wish to call themselves, making claims that, it could be argued, sometimes are hard to swallow, of course they are open to criticism by people who find it difficult to accept what they are saying. It's human nature.
I didn't make Deacon leap on to a stage in Barça and say that he went to Mars, I didn't make george Green Skype Amsterdam and say he had a message from the Pleidians. These comments should be discussed and opinions should be able to be made public, but we must keep the discussion in good taste, otherwise we will end up again, like we are, arguing the toss as to who insulted who and who upset who and the list can go on forever....

Keep it real, keep it objective, but keep it polite at least, even if you disagree and explaining why you disagree is always a good thing as that allows others to see your reasoning and could put a new light or other perspective to the idea.

Best regards,

Steve
To me, whistleblowers are people too. I'm not about to hold them on a pedestal and neither should anyone else. It doesn't mean that they should be attacked en masse like any other people. But, when people disagree, they should be able to express those disagreements in a civil manner.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 04:15 AM   #23
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

The cat all ways lands how?
Old 08-05-2009, 05:29 AM   #24
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

To quote that great American...Rodney King...'Can't we all just get along?'
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 12:02 AM   #25
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Ok - I just edited another post containing a personal attack and I am getting a bit bothered by all this.

I am quite prepared to face the **** storm that will happen when I start suspending people posting rights and/or closing and deleting threads.

Please think about what you are posting before you post it.

There is no need to attack anyone on this forum ever - even if you think they are leathery winged demons from hell spouting disinformation from a base on the moon - don't do it - there is no justification for disrepect or ad-hominem attacks on this forum.

We are all one and we all deserve eachother - no matter what - we are here to figure this stuff out, and the rules of this forum are that it will be done without attacking people who are members of the forum.

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote