Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 01-07-2010, 01:45 AM   #1
conec
Avalon Senior Member

Default a different type of spiturality?

does anyone else here feel like they cant relate?
I have been learning about reality since I was around 8 years old but I feel like I dont understand what people talk about most of the time when they talk about the spititual life that is so good and that its the right way to live. I feel differently. I think I'm one of those angry indigos, or possibly not of this world. I never feel like I belong, like this is not my world, I come from somewhere else and I find humans curious and hard to relate to, I dont get normality. I find myself pining for somewhere else, my home.
I think its time to turn the tables. When we are told to shake off the shackles of this paradigm maybe its also the time to shake of the shackles of what we call spirituality?
I think I am a very spiritual person BUT I dont communicate with the other side, I dont meditiate, I dont live a clean wholesome life. I go out most weekends with my friends, I'm generally all over the place, I struggle to pay the bills, all I care about is learning, I only learn. Does that make me less spititual because I'm not living the good life? I suppose it does, because I dont treat my body with respect. BUt I have a fire burning in my belly, its all about energy?

Heres to all those people out there who are trying so hard to get it right. May we keep on trying and never give up!
conec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 04:23 PM   #2
SteveX
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: a different type of spiturality?

This sounds like me when I was a lot younger. Would I be correct that you believe you don't need religion to prey? That you'll find your own way in life no matter what others try to ram in your head?

Ive done a few hippy chicks in my time. They give it the large one about nature the universe and everything but there's only one large one your interested in giving them?

Some say its better to travel than arrive. Be nice while you collect lifes experiences. Enjoy the journey.

P.S you might be an INTJ (you cut out the bollocks and get to the heart of the matter) Try the link below.
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

Regards
SteveX
SteveX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:45 PM   #3
Peace of mind
Avalon Senior Member

I’ve always been pegged as being anti-social but that statement is far from being true. My interest are mainly in metaphysics, science, philosophy, arts and spirituality, all of which few people are in to. Every now and then, I’ll indulge in menial discussions about sports, politicks and other current events but they often lead into confined ideology, the conversations are predictable and offer no food for thought.
I’m someone who is very aware of the boundaries of this reality but love venturing outside of the box. It’s obvious to me that we are being manipulated on various levels and it bothers my energy field when others unknowingly try to keep me in their zone.
I’ve learn to enjoy solitude because many people appear to be hypocrites, lazy, whiners, users, conspirators and envious deluded souls…among other things. Its rough being social and when ever I express myself or question particular issues…people start assuming I’m thinking I’m better than them. Why do they feel like this? I don’t force my ideas or want to cause confusing so I just let them be and continue to do my own thing.

Maybe this is a prison planet / hell, filled with devilish souls who may also be unconsciously creating strife and chaos simply because it’s in their nature. Maybe we were cast here to purify our souls before being let back into the galactic community. Obviously many of us welcome negativity and will justify its existence. As for me, I’ve lived many years experiencing beauty without it. IMO, as an adult I don’t see the need for it because the only negative experiences I encounter were in my youthful years…and there were many, many lessons to change my outlook on life.

There are plenty of adults justifying harmful practices on themselves and other living beings so it’s no wonder to me why they still go thru rough times. It can be disheartening seeing how adults still go thru these hardships….I’ am assuming they are still learning some lessons or juggle with ways on committing themselves…

Peace
Peace of mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:39 PM   #4
New Age Messiah
Avalon Senior Member

"After reading The Future of an Illusion, Rolland wrote to Freud, declaring that while he completely agreed with his interpretation of the “common man’s” religion as being rooted in an infantile need for protection, Freud had neglected the true source of religion. The latter was a subjective experience that Rolland described as “oceanic,” an inner realization of mystical unity that was independent of all dogmas and creeds yet had been utilized and co-opted by the various religious traditions."

http://ahalmaas.com/PDF/culture_narcissism.pdf

Any cognition of spirituality, putting it in do's and don'ts, doctrines and rules, etc. is a distortion or a jading of the real, which is non-conceptual, purely spiritual, as in, children and animals "know" spiritual truth.

There are truisms, no doubt, but the hens and wankers that run around telling people how to be need to just Mind their own business.
New Age Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:06 AM   #5
Mirror
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by conec View Post
does anyone else here feel like they cant relate?
I have been learning about reality since I was around 8 years old but I feel like I dont understand what people talk about most of the time when they talk about the spititual life that is so good and that its the right way to live. I feel differently. I think I'm one of those angry indigos, or possibly not of this world. I never feel like I belong, like this is not my world, I come from somewhere else and I find humans curious and hard to relate to, I dont get normality. I find myself pining for somewhere else, my home.
I think its time to turn the tables. When we are told to shake off the shackles of this paradigm maybe its also the time to shake of the shackles of what we call spirituality?
I think I am a very spiritual person BUT I dont communicate with the other side, I dont meditiate, I dont live a clean wholesome life. I go out most weekends with my friends, I'm generally all over the place, I struggle to pay the bills, all I care about is learning, I only learn. Does that make me less spititual because I'm not living the good life? I suppose it does, because I dont treat my body with respect. BUt I have a fire burning in my belly, its all about energy?

Heres to all those people out there who are trying so hard to get it right. May we keep on trying and never give up!
Well... From what I've come to experience there's no one way to "god" but infinite amount... I say follow your heart and the answers will be there!

- Jose
Mirror is offline   Reply With Quote