Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 10-02-2008, 03:30 AM   #26
Arkan
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: How did Project Avalon/Camelot help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohiaaditya View Post
Hello,

I was wondering with all these threads coming on about how this 'idea' is going the wrong OR the right way, I decided to open a thread which talks about how this whole has benefited you/the person. Or even whether it has benefited you. This is not a place to talk about how bad the project is, just whether it benefited you or not. And of course feel free to explain and expand.
This website has been a real help to me. Before coming here I only knew one other person who was awake. There is a great deal of freedom here to express opinions and ideas. Since day one there has been a feeling of solidarity here because we all know Project Camelot and Bill and Kerry's work. Moreover, the fact that we can actually talk to them makes it even more unique.

Even though there is some ego and patronizing on Avalon, I have benefited greatly from this forum and the people on it. Sometimes I think my posts are interpreted incorrectly but thats my fault--never been good at talking to people.

I hope that when the Camelot section is reopened and Bill and Kerry come back on the 4th the energy will pick up again. I can see this forum going in a positive direction and it's due in part to threads like these.

Thanks lohiaaditya

Peace
Arkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 11:20 PM   #27
RSF
Avalon Senior Member

It was suggested to me in May of this year to check-out Project Camelot. That this husband & wife team are spectacular at asking all the right questions during interviews with knowledgeable people concerned with a variety of extreme issues.
In July I did.
Needless to say, as of Sept/08, I think I have read every article written on PC.

But to answer the question, Camelot didn't help me. It scared the crap out of me.
Avalon.. well?, I'm not sure yet. I'll see where it flows.
RSF
RSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 12:23 AM   #28
Princess Mew Mew
Avalon Senior Member

I have not been on or read anything in the Project Camelot forum yet. So far on Avalon.. I have been reading a lot of interesting things, looking at other people's perspective, ideas, etc. Giving my perspective, asking some questions, etc.. But it hasn't done much for me in the ways of productivity. I'm not going ANYWHERE being at my computer, reading posts, etc. I'm frankly tired of sitting around (personal, ego's need not to feel challenged) and I need to really DO something. Talking to people, connecting, isn't helping anymore for me. And I find myself on here mostly to tell everyone that I love them. This is a community, but I, in no way, see it being sustainable in the long term. Why? Because it is too spread out. What I think we should be concentrating on, in my opinion, is being self sustainable, helping others become self sustainable, mutual respect, patience and understanding and helping people in person more than on this forum. For those who are unhappy, for those who feel alone, this site may show you that you are not alone, but do you still consider yourself happy? Can you look at yourself and say that you are responsible for yourself? What is really important? Connecting to others around the world so that you don't feel lonely anymore? Or should you stand up, literally stand up, and do something that will ultimately benefit you and your loved ones and your future, can you stand up to your bosses? Can you stand up and say that you're not going to take this **** anymore? That you're going to give your children a better future? I see a lot of gloom and doom topics here, the forums seem chaotic. What have we created? A place for all of us to place our thoughts? Shouldn't our thoughts be created in the physical that we live in? And not just placed on a site to be pushed down the line eventually? What could we learn here that we could not learn in the real world? Are we still daydreaming? Has this place created anything for you? Are we still relying on what other people think to bring our happiness? This is how I feel, I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do, these are my thoughts, as always. May the force be with you

P.S. I do apologize if I have gone off topic. Love and Peace
Princess Mew Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 02:57 AM   #29
Racsouran
Banned

It hasn´t helped me at all in anything. Being sincere i wasn´t expecting help as i don´t really feel desperate to be asking for any. But i like to take a look sometimes to see what is cooking here. I am an observer, more than anything.

Princes Mew Mew, could you please write using paragraphs, the way you write makes it tedious to be read, those huge bunch of letters without spaces called paragraphs, thanks.
Racsouran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 01:54 AM   #30
Arkan
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Mew Mew View Post
the forums seem chaotic. What have we created? A place for all of us to place our thoughts? Shouldn't our thoughts be created in the physical that we live in? And not just placed on a site to be pushed down the line eventually?
I understand what you mean. It sometimes feels like time is wasted when you put a lot of thought and time into a thread or post and it just fades away. But remember, this website is only a month old, we're getting about 200 new members a day. Perhaps there will be more people who share the same interests and ideas and are able to contribute to these various threads. This forum is still growing and I think it has potential.

P.S. I don't mind the 'huge bunches of letters'.

Peace

Last edited by Arkan; 10-04-2008 at 04:46 AM.
Arkan is offline   Reply With Quote