Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 01-26-2009, 01:37 PM   #1
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Default 'Global economy at risk without unity'-Gordon brown.World bank anyone?

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20090126/...y-dba1618.html
An orchestrated/generated economic crisis and recession appears to pave the way for a solution a world bank;problem/reaction/solution in front of our very eyes.

video on link above.

The global economy will be undermined unless countries work together, Gordon Brown has warned. Gordon Brown talks on economy revival plans Play video Gordon Brown talks on economy revival plans Play video 'Global economy at risk without unity'

He added that although there was a "great deal" individual states could do, the only long-term solution was international, with better regulation and co-ordinated government intervention.

The urgency of his comments were underlined when steel-maker Corus announced it was shedding 2,500 jobs in the UK.

Setting the scene for April's G20 talks in London, Mr Brown said: "If what happens to a bank in one country can within minutes have devastating effects for banks on a different continent, then only a truly international response of policy and governance can be effective."

He insisted the UK Government was taking the right action to tackle problems in the domestic financial sector, and banks were not getting "free money" from the taxpayer.

However, he highlighted that businesses and families were still suffering because lending from foreign institutions was drying up.

He said: "We have not yet seen the protectionism in trade with beggar-thy-neighbour policies such as the 1930s and I will work hard to ensure we do not."

"But we also need to work to ensure that we do not experience a new form of financial protectionism, of mercantilism, of retreat into domestic financial markets."
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:58 PM   #2
Avid
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: 'Global economy at risk without unity'-Gordon brown.World bank anyone?

Henry Kissinger is still plodding on with his "stop the chaos, time for new order" blatherings.
Perhaps it's time just to use a gold standard, and not fiat money. However, as I'm not an economist - there must be a solution without resorting to a potentially Illuminati-controlled world banking system.
Avid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 04:11 PM   #3
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: 'Global economy at risk without unity'-Gordon brown.World bank anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avid View Post
Henry Kissinger is still plodding on with his "stop the chaos, time for new order" blatherings.
Perhaps it's time just to use a gold standard, and not fiat money. However, as I'm not an economist - there must be a solution without resorting to a potentially Illuminati-controlled world banking system.
maybe people should start keeping their money "under the bed" and not in banks. It sounds like a joke but imagine no money in the banks. I'm talking about individuals as companies ,I guess, cannot do without them.
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote