Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 12-15-2009, 12:12 AM   #26
New Age Messiah
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Americans are LAZY FAT & Stupid

There's my letter to the editor, that somehow got printed, after Obama got elected. Only in North Idaho, I guess, would they print this letter.

http://www.cdapress.com/articles/200...s/letter05.txt

This is an exerpt...

"Miss sniper fire landing and Obama are our poster children to the world. The U.S. government is a farce. Our enemies know this. We're not rich any more, smart, or virtuous, so it's pretty much over. Comparisons to past economic hardships are useless and overly optimistic, since in the past Americans weren't fat, stupid, lazy, liars and suckers."
New Age Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:34 AM   #27
pyrangello
Avalon Senior Member

Ah just as any family would do, start a squibble around christmas. I would say it's unfair to catagorize americans , there is definately a diet and consumption change that has happened in our culture which is being brought to the attention of many and acted proactivley by many as well. And it is for the better.

I remember when I went to Italy, France and switzerland for 17 days 10 years ago. I virtually ate as much and I could and still lost 7 pounds. The lack of additives, preservatives, and all the other **** that is put in our food here in america was non -existant. In addition to the amount of walking to almost everywhere . Oh wait were actually talking about something else, ah I get it , try'n to pull a sneaky on us here.

As an amercian I would say there are those who know, there are those who grasp, and there are those who say this doesn't make sense but do it anyway. I tagged one of those americans this morning and woke her up out of the sheeple state as she was going to get her 3 children the H1N1 shot and this was after 2 other people in her family told her not to. Yes there waking up but it's gonna take alot more effort, standing out on a limb and taking the heat. One thing I will say about americans is that in times of trouble or depair this group of people here on our earth will seek the right path when put to the test. Count on that.
pyrangello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:42 AM   #28
watermunky
Avalon Senior Member

I resemble the remarks made inthis thread
watermunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:38 AM   #29
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycharlie View Post
God I am starting to hate them. ( and I am one of them ! )
They watch Too Much TEEVEE and drink too much ..
They do not make any effort to learn anything NEW
( They must think they know it all )
Yea I know its NOT all of them but pretty close !
They are gonna go down HARD & SOON !

suggestions In how to cope while ROME burns ?
Such posts are counterproductive to a healthy understanding of human nature.

Yes, people do stupid things. But, you have to remember that the majority of those folks have good intentions and simply allow themselves to be manipulated by things they cannot or choose not to understand.

Love the key here and saying such things about your fellow humans, I believe, plays into the hands of the powers that were. They want us to "hate" and "despise" each other.

I totally understand your frustrations though.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:43 AM   #30
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Céline View Post

On a personal note.....

i wonder if i am the only one to take offense at the title of this thread...though i understand your position... may i ask...

why is fat included? do you associate fat people as lazy and stupid?
Good question. It now seems acceptable for society to discriminate against fat people, hurl slurs at them and "tell" people that they should diet this/diet that.

As someone that is fat and well-educated, it's just one more form of ignorance on the part of those who may decry ignorance.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:22 AM   #31
whitefluffy
Avalon Senior Member

that walmart site, omg, gotta feel sorry for them
whitefluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 05:11 AM   #32
truth and integrity
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Yes, stop applying hate to generalizations of groups of people even your own.
I find this thread and it's title offensive and if it wasn't for the positive replies it wouldn't be here anymore.
This is the type of thinking that got our species where it is.
Wake Up!
I agree that stereotyping does not help and we build our sense of reality based on sterotypes which are cognitive constracts that are difficult to change. However, I have a problem with hate speech. Recently, in Canada two very brave journalists challanged Human Rights Commision showing that you can not have a freedom of speech and hate speech. I do not like name calling either.I think that our challenge is to find a balance between being honest and respectful. And most importanty to learn to laugh. Good belly laughter helps to deal with this sad reality.
truth and integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:18 AM   #33
raulduke
Avalon Senior Member

Howdy charlie,

You forgot Canadians, they watch as much tv as us americans, who can blame 'em though, it's friggin cold outside!

We're all north american scum!

Seriously though, one thing I noticed about myself soon after "waking up" (blah hate that but can't think of a better phrase) that I didn't like very much was that I was becoming a bit arogant, like thinking I knew so much more than all these yokels I gotta interact with everday (exaggeration for emphasis). After awhile of trying to shake people into opening their minds and having little succes via that avenue, I basically gave up. Recently though I have been surprised by several people close to me who have begun to ask the same questions I had a few years ago. I would have never expected it from one of them especially.

I suppose all I'm tryin to say here is that it's easy to fly under the social radar these days, in as much as you can educate yourself very well on virtually any topic without anyone else knowing, and I'd suspect for a good percentage of people who are interested in camelot type of stuff, they keep that soley to themselves. If you don't believe me go just have a look at the ratio of logged in members against lurkers here. It's a good thing though, like Mark Twain said "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot."

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycharlie View Post
suggestions In how to cope while ROME burns ?
Hate to sound preachy here mate, but i'd say, just remember that (more than likely if ur in the US) you have it so much better than so many others.

That's actually the exact issue that set me on this path, wondering why should life be so easy (relatively) for me and such an uphill battle for so many others. What makes us in the first world so special? Nothing, we're blinded to the fact that our standard of living is propped up by the third world, and to keep us docile, tptb bought us out with cheap gas and shiny toys. People are waking up now though, tptb are in scramble mode, so keep the faith brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth and integrity View Post
I do not like name calling either.I think that our challenge is to find a balance between being honest and respectful.
Agreed. I once heard someone say a million ills can be forgiven in the name of "honesty". Well honesty may be the best policy, but you can still have some tact, it's just more productive, unless you're looking to provoke.
raulduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 11:57 PM   #34
housemouse2
Avalon Senior Member

I do not agree that Americans are lazy, fat or stupid.

Americans are:

over worked
trying to keep what little they have
trying to understand why theings cost so much but to no avail.
mis informed via TV and the propaganda media
worried about how they will pay bills
worried about if their car will last another year with another major repair

Comparing an American family of 4 from 1960 to today: All numbers adjusted for inflation.

we pay 75% more for housing.
we pay 50% more for food. We buy less meat and more pasta.
we have 2 cars per household but we keep the cars long. we pay 25% more.
we pay 400% more for higher education
we pay 50% more for basic household utilities
we pay 100% more for daycare
90% of families have dual incomes or MORE
Insurance increased by 75%

real unemployment is 18%

savings rates in 1960 were 12%
today savings rate is 0%

disposable income was 50% in 1960
disposable income today is 0%

credit card debt was less than 2% of house hold incomes in 1960.
credit card debt today is 12% or more.

In order to survive we pay more for food and housing. We have dual income and still cannot survive in the same standard of living our parents had.

We work longer and for less money. The average working male today actually makes 5% LESS than his father did in 1960.

Americans are UNDER FINANCIAL SIEGE. Many have no idea we are under siege by the banksters and government. They only have a piece of the puzzle. They know they do not have enough money left at the end of the month and must use a credit card to buy gas. They know they have to use a credit card to make emergency purchases...of food.

We are not lazy, fat or stupid. Obesity comes from stress. Yes, stress and low cost convenience foods. The "obesity" crises is another manufactured crises to sell more products to people...diet food. It's to sell more splenda, nutrasweet and other cancer casing chemicals.

In 1900 the average housewife spent 7 hours just preparing food for the day. When mothers started to go to work a whole new industry opened up. We buy more food than our mothers used to buy. The food we buy is corn syrup laced, ready to pop in the microwave, convenience food.

we are under financial siege! There is no way around it. The banks have been raping Americans for so long we didn't even know we are being raped.

Women's lib was for the sole benefit of convenience industry and income tax collection. It was never meant to liberate women from the "home" but rather enslave the other half.

Prior to dual income families if a husband fell sick they had a back up. The wife could go to work till he got better. Now, if one falls sick there is a 50% loss of income.

Basically, we need to return to single income families. The only way we can do that is to return sound money, good jobs and limited government.

We are not sheeple. We are not lazy and fat. We are not stupid. We are under attack! The banks, the government, the throw away society has been attacking us. We consume 25% of the earths resources and house 5% of the population. It never was this way. That type of economy was INVENTED in 1950. It's a failed experiment that needs to end.

We are under economic siege. We need to realize this is an economic experiment gone horribly wrong. We can bring it back, but we need to shake off the chains.
housemouse2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 02:40 AM   #35
Unified Serenity
Avalon Senior Member

My hat is off to you housemouse2! Excellently written and completely true! We have been robbed blind by the elites and their lawyer money grubbing friends in banking and government.

I do not believe it was an experiment but a means to an end goal of ruining the middle class of America and returning to the surfdom the elites want us to live within. There may be an uprising, but to what end? I say go back to the country, grow your own food, and get off of the standard of living which so many of us have become accustomed to. Return to community based living, knowing your neighbors, having strong families, and away from cable tv, new toys, and the Roman games that distract us.

Thanks for the post, it was great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by housemouse2 View Post
I do not agree that Americans are lazy, fat or stupid.

Americans are:

over worked
trying to keep what little they have
trying to understand why theings cost so much but to no avail.
mis informed via TV and the propaganda media
worried about how they will pay bills
worried about if their car will last another year with another major repair

Comparing an American family of 4 from 1960 to today: All numbers adjusted for inflation.

we pay 75% more for housing.
we pay 50% more for food. We buy less meat and more pasta.
we have 2 cars per household but we keep the cars long. we pay 25% more.
we pay 400% more for higher education
we pay 50% more for basic household utilities
we pay 100% more for daycare
90% of families have dual incomes or MORE
Insurance increased by 75%

real unemployment is 18%

savings rates in 1960 were 12%
today savings rate is 0%

disposable income was 50% in 1960
disposable income today is 0%

credit card debt was less than 2% of house hold incomes in 1960.
credit card debt today is 12% or more.

In order to survive we pay more for food and housing. We have dual income and still cannot survive in the same standard of living our parents had.

We work longer and for less money. The average working male today actually makes 5% LESS than his father did in 1960.

Americans are UNDER FINANCIAL SIEGE. Many have no idea we are under siege by the banksters and government. They only have a piece of the puzzle. They know they do not have enough money left at the end of the month and must use a credit card to buy gas. They know they have to use a credit card to make emergency purchases...of food.

We are not lazy, fat or stupid. Obesity comes from stress. Yes, stress and low cost convenience foods. The "obesity" crises is another manufactured crises to sell more products to people...diet food. It's to sell more splenda, nutrasweet and other cancer casing chemicals.

In 1900 the average housewife spent 7 hours just preparing food for the day. When mothers started to go to work a whole new industry opened up. We buy more food than our mothers used to buy. The food we buy is corn syrup laced, ready to pop in the microwave, convenience food.

we are under financial siege! There is no way around it. The banks have been raping Americans for so long we didn't even know we are being raped.

Women's lib was for the sole benefit of convenience industry and income tax collection. It was never meant to liberate women from the "home" but rather enslave the other half.

Prior to dual income families if a husband fell sick they had a back up. The wife could go to work till he got better. Now, if one falls sick there is a 50% loss of income.

Basically, we need to return to single income families. The only way we can do that is to return sound money, good jobs and limited government.

We are not sheeple. We are not lazy and fat. We are not stupid. We are under attack! The banks, the government, the throw away society has been attacking us. We consume 25% of the earths resources and house 5% of the population. It never was this way. That type of economy was INVENTED in 1950. It's a failed experiment that needs to end.

We are under economic siege. We need to realize this is an economic experiment gone horribly wrong. We can bring it back, but we need to shake off the chains.
Unified Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote