Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 10-15-2008, 03:26 AM   #1
Teresa
Avalon Senior Member

Post How to stop the destructive force of hate in the world

Yes-- 'HOW' ? --I'm asking 'YOU'...

Any good answers ? --besides the usual;
"just let go of the hate... let it go...."

or,

"meditate and imagine only good thoughts..."

'HATE' is of the dark forces-- and it's a little harder to get rid of than simply meditating or wishing it away...
especially when the factor behind the hate; (usually a person or persons) do not 'apologize' for their ill behavior.

Usually these individuals repeat the cycle that was ingrained in them; being treated badly without being apologized to...
and it's rampant among the selfish ones of the world,
who, not by accident, make up the ruling elite; such as the "ill-luney-naughties".. and, thus,
you have the premise for the "ills of the world"

Here, below,
are some comments on the characterization of the problem..
but, unfortunately the 'solutions' are hard to come by:

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/321152

samples-

In some cases, hatred for someone is something that is nigh impossible to erase, and in most cases, it's something that may feel intensely painful, unnatural, and unjust to even *Try* to erase.
But hatred is toxic an destructive by nature to everyone exposed to it, and whether the object of your hatred deserves all the hate and resentment you feel for them, *You* don't deserve to be exposed to it.

Hatred to some extent is a necessary human emotion, it can fuel people to do things that can result in "Justice".
But once that concept of justice has been carried to a certain extent and burnt itself out, it's important to let go of the hatred that fueled it, because after that point, all the destructive energy of that hatred and resentment can only be directed inward, and/or towards people who don't truly deserve it.

The way I see it, if some one's done something that makes you hate them, and if they feel no remorse for it, then they must want to cause you pain.
So past a certain point, the worst thing you can do to them, and more importantly, the best thing you can do for yourself, is to let go of any and all emotion for them, and stop letting them cause you yet more pain by hating them.

Yes, I do believe that if you harbor hate it will poison you. Hate is insidious and sneaky. It hides in the hidden chambers of your heart until it festers and takes over completely. Just a little hate can infect your whole being before you are even aware it has taken root. Hate must be banished as soon as you feel it's first pangs in your heart. It will destroy you.

Hugs~Love~Peace
Kisses~Smiles~Joy

; )

http://www.rayelan.com/cgi-bin/forum.cgi?read=7983
Teresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 03:37 AM   #2
Circlewerk
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: How to stop the destructive force of hate in the world

I think Gandhi said " In order to stop war, you cannot hate it."

Hate is a one man war, fueling the the very thing I am against. In fact, being "against" anything, and focusing my emotional energy there, does nothing for me besides feed that which I am against.

Best I know, is to clean up my thinking, my vibration...
And to always practice opposite action, if I am having a hateful thought.
Watching my thoughts become emotions, and directing them into alignment with what I prefer, tenaciously, helps much. With practice, it becomes almost effortless.
I am not my thoughts, they seem acquired at times..
So I watch them and choose according to my highest vibration.
Love & harmony.
Circlewerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 03:44 AM   #3
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

I agree wholeheartedly. Multi-viewpoint processing is a happening thing. We have all done something provocative when under stress and we forgave ourselves.

Besides, with the current state of psychotechnologies the Ill-illumined can be cured or destroyed. Take your pick. Evil is an apparency. Sure, someone might have to go into a holding tank until things are orderly again.
Gnosis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 04:18 AM   #4
Sherab
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa View Post

or,

'HATE' is of the dark forces-- and it's a little harder to get rid of than simply meditating or wishing it away...
especially when the factor behind the hate; (usually a person or persons) do not 'apologize' for their ill behavior.

Usually these individuals repeat the cycle that was ingrained in them; being treated badly without being apologized to...
who, not by accident, make up the ruling elite; such as the "ill-luney-naughties".. and, thus,

Here, below,

samples-

In some cases, hatred for someone is something that is nigh impossible to erase, and in most cases, it's something that may feel intensely painful, unnatural, and unjust to even *Try* to erase.
But hatred is toxic an destructive by nature to everyone exposed to it, and whether the object of your hatred deserves all the hate and resentment you feel for them, *You* don't deserve to be exposed to it.

Hatred to some extent is a necessary human emotion, it can fuel people to do things that can result in "Justice".
But once that concept of justice has been carried to a certain extent and burnt itself out, it's important to let go of the hatred that fueled it, because after that point, all the destructive energy of that hatred and resentment can only be directed inward, and/or towards people who don't truly deserve it.

The way I see it, if some one's done something that makes you hate them, and if they feel no remorse for it, then they must want to cause you pain.
So past a certain point, the worst thing you can do to them, and more importantly, the best thing you can do for yourself, is to let go of any and all emotion for them, and stop letting them cause you yet more pain by hating them.

Yes, I do believe that if you harbor hate it will poison you. Hate is insidious and sneaky. It hides in the hidden chambers of your heart until it festers and takes over completely. Just a little hate can infect your whole being before you are even aware it has taken root. Hate must be banished as soon as you feel it's first pangs in your heart. It will destroy you.

Hugs~Love~Peace
Kisses~Smiles~Joy

; )

What's wrong with the usual answer of "let go"? What you resist persists, so the only solution is to stop feeding it and starve it to death.

The simplest things are the most effective.
Sherab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 05:57 AM   #5
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

This year I learned about "neutral acknowledgements" and it is helpful in conjunction with meditation. For example, a thought against someone arises in my mind/emotions and instead of pushing it away or rationalizing it or stewing in it I look at it and acknowledge it ("I acknowledge that I feel anger towards ____) and I try to be very specific and I may have to work on it a few time to get to the specificity of the negative emotion. I don't want to make it sound like it is easy at first, but it comes with practice.

I also found, from studying EFT, that one can do "tapping" on acupoints while doing the neutral acknowledgement.

Sometimes I have to go and look at a past life to get to the root of my negativity towards someone, my hubbie for example. There are plenty of people who can help you go and take a look at a past life.

Also, if you are actively processing someone using one of the basic psychotechnologies (a big word, I know) you will gradually get the realization that all people are basically good, just that they have had a lotta lotta past life trauma and they did not always behave nobly and they need to forgive themselves and drop the energy ridges with their self-defeating messages, etc.

Also, as you have more past life dramas related to you in session you will start to get some idea of our recent cosmic history (and not so recent) and you will start to see that what really got us into trouble was our consistent refusal to fogive and love and understand and instead devise all kinds of punishments and controls. And here we are, the good and the bad, we're all in the same boat now.

I think that is what Jesus meant when he said that if you live by the sword you will die by the sword. The inventor of the guillotine should have taken heed.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:38 AM   #6
day
Retired Avalon Member

great thread with IMO a real question. Most people just accept that there will always be crime etc. and so a great process of busyness and emotional numbing just to survive where they live or what is going on in the world. People just become adjusted to crime and living with hate.

I d like to ask the opposite question to this: how can we get people adjusted to living with peace, love and the reality of spirit or soul? What can we do or think or believe in a unified way to bring this about?

great question thanks for posting!
day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:42 AM   #7
ForsakenFalcon
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

or,

Here, below,

samples-

Hugs~Love~Peace
Kisses~Smiles~Joy

; )

Well said and I completely agree however.... (lol)

My Dark side is saying "Poisen is sometime's the Anti-Vemon"
ForsakenFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:59 AM   #8
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circlewerk View Post
it[/I]."

Hate is a one man war, fueling the the very thing I am against. In fact, being "against" anything, and focusing my emotional energy there, does nothing for me besides feed that which I am against.
my grandfather used to say

it two men choose to fight, than both of them are fools
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 07:17 AM   #9
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

My 2 cents: Practically speaking, yes, the ill-illumined need to be restrained, if only for their own karmic good. Once that is accomplished people will not be so stressed and their basic goodness will spring back up, and, at the same time, there will be less suppression of spiritual and emotional healing methods.

Imagine a hospital where one can be healed with light and sound, not just chemicals. Imagine a hospital where the doctor lays his hands on a person and they are healed.

I think a huge formerly suppressed spiritual hunger will surface all over the planet.

After an agreed upon period of time the ill-illumined can be let back into the world and integrated through various healing methods. Whatever negative drama they hold onto it will only be a litmus test of our own purity and self-awareness.

Self-forgiveness and certainty and responsiblity will bring them into a new game. No more prisons or punishments because we now know how best to deal with those who intrude on our creations. Everyone wins.

We bring further order to the universe and other universes and we birth into the light of the creations of those other groups of beings who have already birthed themselves. I don't think the creation ever stops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by day View Post
great thread with IMO a real question. Most people just accept that there will always be crime etc. and so a great process of busyness and emotional numbing just to survive where they live or what is going on in the world. People just become adjusted to crime and living with hate.

I d like to ask the opposite question to this: how can we get people adjusted to living with peace, love and the reality of spirit or soul? What can we do or think or believe in a unified way to bring this about?

great question thanks for posting!
Old 10-15-2008, 07:32 AM   #10
777 The Great Work
Avalon Senior Member

EVIL Can't be stopped,it must be transmuted

Everything there are two poles, or opposite aspects, and that "opposites" are really only the two extremes of the same thing, with many varying degrees between them.

To illustrate: Heat and Cold, although "opposites," are really the same thing, the differences consisting merely of degrees of the same thing. Look at your thermometer and see if you can discover where "heat" terminates and "cold" begins!

There is no such thing as "absolute heat" or "absolute cold"--the two terms "heat" and "cold" simply indicate varying degrees of the same thing, and that "same thing" which manifests as "heat" and "cold" is merely a form, variety, and rate of Vibration. So "heat" and "cold" are simply the "two poles" of that which we call "Heat"--and the phenomena attendant thereupon are manifestations of the Principle of Polarity.

The same Principle manifests in the case of "Light and Darkness," which are the same thing, the difference consisting of varying degrees between the two poles of the phenomena. Where does "darkness" leave off, and "light" begin? What is the difference between "Large and Small"? Between "Hard and Soft"? Between "Black and White"? Between "Sharp and Dull"? Between "Noise and Quiet"? Between "High and Low"? Between "Positive and Negative"?

The Principle of Polarity explains these paradoxes, and no other Principle can supersede it. The same Principle operates on the Mental Plane. Let us take a radical and extreme example--that of "Love and Hate," two mental states apparently totally different. And yet there are degrees of Hate and degrees of Love, and a middle point in which we use the terms "Like or Dislike," which shade into each other so gradually that sometimes we are at a loss to know whether we "like" or "dislike" or "neither." And all are simply degrees of the same thing.

It is possible to change the vibrations of Hate to the vibrations of Love, in one's own mind, and in the minds of others. Many of you, who read these lines, have had personal experiences of the involuntary rapid transition from Love to Hate, and the reverse, in your own case and that of others. Good and Evil" are but the poles of the same thing. There is an art of transmuting Evil into Good, by means of an application of the Principle of Polarity.

The "Art of Polarization" becomes a phase of "Mental Alchemy. An understanding of the Principle will enable one to change his own Polarity, as well as that of others, if he will devote the time and study necessary to master the art.
777 The Great Work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 07:33 AM   #11
zorgon

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXchanger View Post
my grandfather used to say
it two men choose to fight, than both of them are fools
Had we applied that philosophy with Hitler we would all be speaking German right now...

Ich mag wirklich Ihre Augen, Fräulein
Old 10-15-2008, 07:33 AM   #12
777 The Great Work
Avalon Senior Member

Sorry ,duplicate response

Last edited by 777 The Great Work; 10-15-2008 at 07:35 AM.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:40 AM   #13
zorgon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 The Great Work View Post
Look at your thermometer and see if you can discover where "heat" terminates and "cold" begins!
At ZERO

Quote:
There is no such thing as "absolute heat" or "absolute cold"--
Absolute ZERO... the point were all molecular movement ceases... it does not get colder than that... (we don't yet have a top figure the other way)

Quote:
Between "Positive and Negative"?
The neutral point...

I understand what you are getting at... but between both opposites there is always a neutral point. Atoms have a Negatron (Electron) Positron AND a Neutron...

Sayings like 'achieving balance' are based on the neutral point. If you can walk that fine line along the neutral point you will have achieved balance and thus control

Without hate we would not understand love... without our darkside we would lose the ability to survive. The trick is control and balance

Last edited by zorgon; 10-15-2008 at 07:45 AM.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:53 AM   #14
777 The Great Work
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorgon View Post
At ZERO

Absolute ZERO... the point were all molecular movement ceases... it does not get colder than that... (we don't yet have a top figure the other way)

The neutral point...

I understand what you are getting at... but between both opposites there is always a neutral point. Atoms have a Negatron (Electron) Positron AND a Neutron...

Sayings like 'achieving balance' are based on the neutral point. If you can walk that fine line along the neutral point you will have achieved balance and thus control

Without hate we would not understand love... without our darkside we would lose the ability to survive. The trick is control and balance
Correct, between the two poles which exist in accordance with polarity. There is always an action and a reaction; an advance and a retreat; a rising and a sinking. This is in the affairs of the Universe, suns, worlds, men, animals, mind, energy, and matter. This law is manifest in the creation and destruction of worlds; in the rise and fall of nations; in the life of all things; and finally in the mental states of Man.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:20 AM   #15
Teresa
Avalon Senior Member

You all have said so much really good stuff--

I appreciate this "outlet" as I can't afford a shrink;

I'm afraid I might have to go to one though;
as lately i can't stop crying.. and that's not good.
Yes, as some of you
psychic ones surmised.. it is personal..
I have said an apology to "the party"--
without receiving any back.. and so that's
what really hurts.. to feel their hate and anger

when i only ever felt love towards this person..

i guess i'm one of those hyper-sensitive souls by nature;
a triple-Pisces.. and no matter what.. i 'feel'... and it's so hard
to live in this world with hate and envy all around..

i see why some turn to drugs or alchohol... I don't even
do cigarettes anymore.. but i have comforted myself with
**** like icecream..
(it's no wonder there's so many over-weight people in this world..)

i guess i could go get some "happy pills" from a dr. --
in order to tolerate this force of hate that has made me so sad..
I don't know what else to do..
Meditation and "thought erasing" has not helped..

Peace to all of you~
Old 10-17-2008, 01:29 AM   #16
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Teresa. If I may, here is my humble thought.

Mind won't erase anything if Heart isn't feeling for it.

First of all, in a dark experience relationship. It has to come from your heart, not your mind. And to heal your heart you need to re-learn to appreciate/love/respect yourself first and before anything else in this dark experience. Making peace with things you have difficulties to forgive yourself. I know it is hard, but not impossible. Forget others for now and only begin with yourself first.

When you will feel that you have learn enough to appreciate/love/respect yourself with forgiveness, only then you will be efficient to do the same with others linked in the dark experience.

Thoughts inspired from the Heart are powerful. But the Heart has to be feeling for it. Heart is energy.

We often talk about thoughts/mind/spirit, but it is not complete without Heart.

Namaste, Steven

Last edited by Steven; 10-18-2008 at 01:01 PM.
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 04:55 AM   #17
Teresa
Avalon Senior Member

Thank you, Steven,
your words mean a lot ~

{ & i too,
receive my greatest joy & strength
from kissing my baby's cheek (she's 5..)
and i relish the simple things; like her doing
seven pages of homework in one evening all by herself..}

all souls are special~

blessings to you & yours
Old 10-17-2008, 05:30 AM   #18
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

What a great thread. Whenever I start feeling a little disappointed in Avalon, along comes a great sequence of thoughts and counterthoughts that challenges and informs me, and I'm excited and grateful all over again.

Hate is a powerful passion, and in many ways is an analog of love. I think many things that we attribute to hate don't proceed from that passion at all, but rather from coldness and ruthlessness.

A lot of what we mistake for evil is in truth the consequences of our own choices.

Hatred of others is really hatred of self. On the other hand there really is evil in the world, and it must be opposed. But not with hate, that just feeds it.

We can stop hate in the world, but not by hating it. We stop it by making it obsolete. That can be done only with love.

The bottom line is what Gandhi said: We must BE the change we wish to see in the world.

Last edited by whitecrow; 10-17-2008 at 05:36 AM.
whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 06:36 AM   #19
Jeff Delano
Avalon Senior Member

I agree with Whitecrow, if there was some Anti-Illuminati task force out there that somehow managed to assassinate all the main people who control society there would still be an organization in this world that kills other human beings. People would be afraid to make an attempt to control other humans because they know they would be assassinated by that task force. After a while, someone who is very charming and manipulative would come along and destroy that Anti-Illuminati task force and that person would be the founder of a new Illuminati for a new world which would be just like this world.

Therefore we cannot have thoughts of hatred or fear of the Illuminati or other manipulative and controlling individuals. Controlling and manipulative individuals will naturally come in to existance and the earth will go back to the old ways of elitism if the masses are hateful, fearful, and ill-informed/unaware about their own rights.

So how do we stop the destructive force of hate in this world? We show the world the constructive force of love, through education, exposing lies and manipulation, then we can explain to the masses the power of cooperation/harmony/unity.
Jeff Delano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 08:43 AM   #20
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

But hatred is toxic and destructive by nature to everyone exposed to it.

It's important to let go of the hatred that fueled it, because after that point, all the destructive energy of that hatred and resentment can only be directed inward, and/or towards people who don't truly deserve it.

The way I see it, if someone's done something that makes you hate them, and if they feel no remorse for it, then they must want to cause you pain.

Stop letting them cause you yet more pain by hating them.

Just a little hate can infect your whole being before you are even aware it has taken root. Hate must be banished as soon as you feel it's first pangs in your heart. It will destroy you.
Blessings Teresa,

Quote:
I posted a Technique for Centering...Just HU at: http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4892

This has been very helpful for me when I feel the HEEBIE JEEBIES coming on.
Bless 'Em to Heaven

Quote:
On this post: Alex Collier Transcript of Messages from the Andromedans

http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4507

PART OF THAT TRANSCRIPTION:

"The love that you withhold is the pain that you carry lifetime after lifetime."

"What you do is just get into a space of blessing everything and it does in fact change the frequency. It will change the people that you work with. It might take a little while. But these are simple things; just little things that you can remember to do every day."

"Because it's conscious intent that every day when you do things like that, those things are easy to do. What you do is you begin to polarize, you begin to magnetize those spaces with your thoughts. And whatever you magnetize and you put out, it will come back, it will be mirrored back to you."
Hatred is not our burden to carry, it is our responsibility to transmute.

Quote:
"Children learn in their homes about animosity toward another group."
I always like to share these poignant lyrics from South Pacific (1949) by Rogers and Hammerstein that "summarize this learning concept".

'You've Got To Be Carefully Taught'

You've got to be taught to hate and fear
You've got to be taught from year to year
It's got to be drummed in your dear little ear
You've got to be carefully taught

You've got to be taught to be afraid
Of people whose eyes are oddly made
And people whose skin is a different shade

You've got to be taught before it's too late
Before you are 6 or 7 or 8
To hate all the people your relatives hate

I hope this might be as helpful to you as it has been to me.

Last edited by peaceandlove; 11-26-2008 at 02:13 PM.
peaceandlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 09:20 AM   #21
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

[SIZE="2"]
Peace Pilgrim

1908 - 1981

"This is the way of peace:
Overcome evil with good,
and falsehood with truth,
and hatred with love."

....Peace Pilgrim

Source: http://peacepilgrim.com Steps Toward Inner Peace Quick Link on left side of webpage.

Quote:
FOUR RELINQUISHMENTS

1. Relinquishment of self-will.

You have, or it's as though you have, two selves: the lower self that usually governs you selfishly, and the higher self which stands ready to use you gloriously. You must subordinate the lower self by refraining from doing the not-good things you are motivated toward, not suppressing them but transforming them so that the higher self can take over your life.

2. Relinquishment of the feeling of separateness.

All of us, all over the world, are cells in the body of humanity. You are not separate from your fellow humans, and you cannot find harmony for yourself alone. You can only find harmony when you realize the oneness of all and work for the good of all.

3. Relinquishment of attachments.

Only when you have relinquished all attachments can you be really free. Material things are here for use, and anything you cannot relinquish when it has outlived its usefulness possesses you. You can only live in harmony with your fellow humans if you have no feeling that you possess them, and therefore do not try to run their lives.

4. Relinquishment of all negative feelings.

Work on relinquishing negative feelings. If you live in the present moment, which is really the only moment you have to live, you will be less apt to worry. If you realize that those who do mean things are psychologically ill, your feelings of anger will turn to feelings of pity. If you recognize that all of your inner hurts are caused by your own wrong actions or your own wrong reactions or your own wrong inaction, then you will stop hurting yourself.
I love this woman and her message. Much more on the website dedicated to her.

Last edited by peaceandlove; 11-26-2008 at 02:17 PM.
peaceandlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 02:46 PM   #22
Oneworld719
Avalon Senior Member

My dearest Teresa, I am so heartfelt by your words, tears weld up and reminded me of my own experience. I lost my youngest several years ago and had the veil ripped right off and I too began to see the uglyness of the world. As I persevered through, these things I learned to be truths:
Every storm comes to an end,
If you want to cry, you go right ahead because:
When sorrow comes, REMEMBER its a mere reflection of the LOVE you once shared, and a reminder that it has not gone away!!!
Where there is hate-bring Love
Where there is wrong-bring forgiveness
Where there is discord-bring harmony
Where there is despair-bring hope
Where there is shadow-bring light
Where there is sadness-bring joy
Seek to comfort-than to be comforted
To understand-than to be understood
To Love-than to be Loved
If we become the change we wish to see in the world (as Mahatma Gandhi says) I believe soon the uglyness, hatred, and anger can be disolved. But for today look into the eyes of your children and see the LOVE that really exists.
Namasta
Oneworld719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 08:52 PM   #23
Teresa
Avalon Senior Member

Oh you all had such heartfelt, absolutely comforting messages ~ I 'truly' appreciate -- and I know others will learn from also !

Also--- someone i know said... "Just avoid 'those kind of people' that can hurt you !" --- (simple.. enough.. hmmm ?)

It's wonderful to "see" the 'lights' in a forum "turn on" when a dark cave sometimes blocks one's path~

I know i was in the cave yesterday--- i really was; figurtively speaking.. cuz knowing 'astrology'... the Moon was literally IN my '12th house' of emotions; or to the extreme; a deep, dark, "Pisces sea cave!"

* (People can save money by seeing their therapist during this "special time of month" that 'happens to all' ! --just during these one or two days..)

As a life-long student of astro knowledge; I should 'remember' THE LUNAR CYCLE !

See... just a day later--- (and with great words of encouragement from you all...) a storm has cleared....
NOW 'moon' is traveling thru the 1st house in my chart.... (much more fun!); I get to "fix my hair nice" and feel much better....

'No medicine needed' --- * (Hey, though, if it's bad.... use medicine... !)

I'd like to leave you all with a little astro "saying" i wrote at age 30...

About 'the MOON' ....

(( Just as the moon travels daily through a 'different sector' of "the sky"....
We, too, have a chance for a brand new day ! ~ ))

* Love & Peace to all~

Old 10-19-2008, 06:55 PM   #24
Realview
Avalon Senior Member

The world will cycle up and down. I think the main point for anyone is to pay highest attention to their own spiritual welfare. The creation isn't broken and it doesn't belong to me. I shouldn't interfere in it. That said, there is a certain personal responsibility to act rightly. There is a strong outward tendency mostly revolving around so called big issues like conflicts between countries or at the federal level. This is all misdirection. Where we as individuals have the greatest responsibility is with ourselves, our family, our community, our state and only then our nation and international. For example everyone looks at the Presidential election but what is important isn't the federal election but the local one. At the local level, you can demilitarize the police, get rid of fluoridation, deny the cell towers, build a local barter currency, network with neighboring communities, minimize corruption, publish a local newsletter education the community to reality, etc..
Realview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 03:41 AM   #25
Teresa
Avalon Senior Member

Very well said, 'RealView' ~
in nurturing, family-oriented (or local community) ; Cancer Moon

*(good time to call 'mamma'...)