Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 06-18-2009, 08:43 AM   #1
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Default North Korea to send a missile in the

direction of Hawaii between 4-8 of July At least this is what official mainstream media say...what does it all mean?
Find a link in English if I don't...
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:51 PM   #2
metaw3
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: North Korea to send a missile in the

Japan warns that North Korea may fire missile at US on ...

Daily Mail - ‎11 minutes ago‎
By Mail Foreign Service North Korea may launch a long-range ballistic missile towards Hawaii on American Independence Day, according to Japanese ...

N.Korea may fire missile towards Hawaii: report

AFP - ‎2 hours ago‎
TOKYO (AFP) — North Korea may be planning to fire a long-range missile towards Hawaii in early July, a Japanese daily said Thursday citing an analysis by ...

North Korea 'preparing to launch missile towards Hawaii'

Telegraph.co.uk - ‎3 hours ago‎
North Korea is reported to be making preparations to fire a ballistic missile towards the US state of Hawaii. By Peter Foster in Beijing The report in Japan ...

"If we acknowledge North Korea possessing nuclear programs, other non-nuclear countries in Northeast Asia would be tempted to possess nuclear weapons and this would not be helpful for stability in Northeast Asia," Lee said in a meeting with former US officials and Korea experts, according to his office.
more by Lee Myung-bak - 3 hours ago - The Associated Press (218 occurrences)

North Korea may fire a missile toward Hawaii

The Associated Press - ‎3 hours ago‎
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — North Korea may fire a long-range ballistic missile toward Hawaii in early July, a Japanese news report said Thursday, ...

Similarities btwn NKorea crisis and Cuban missile crisis

Radio Australia - ‎5 hours ago‎
As the world moves towards tougher sanctions against North Korea over its nuclear program, the International Crisis Group has appealed for a diplomatic push ...

N. Korea Threatens To Fire Missile At Hawaii

ChattahBox - ‎32 minutes ago‎
US (ChattahBox) – President Obama and South Korean President Lee Myung-bak met in Washington this week to discuss building a strong, united front with ...

All 22 related articles »

Blogs

Should Obama bomb North Korea to prevent 2nd Pearl Harbor?

Daily Kos - ‎1 hour ago‎
by jerryE This is looking very bad now. It looks like North Korea wants to attack the US or make sure it could attack the US. People know where the base of ...

Report NKorea plans to fire missile toward Hawaii

The Southern Ledger - ‎8 hours ago‎
A South Korean soldier mans a weapon atop a military vehicle during a military drill against possible attack from North Korea near the border village of ...

All 3 related blogs »

Hawaii, USA

N. Korea may fire at isles

Honolulu Star-Bulletin - ‎4 hours ago‎
By AP TOKYO » North Korea may fire a long-range ballistic missile toward Hawaii early next month, a Japanese newspaper said today, amid escalating tensions ...

All 3 related articles from Hawaii, USA »
metaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 05:47 PM   #3
micjer
Avalon Senior Member

Ok lets assume that this is more than fear mongering. The US with their satelites viewing system and spy planes will know hours prior to a launch that they are serious. Don`t you truly believe that if the PTB didn`t truly want this to happen they would blow this thing up before it got a foot off the launch pad.

The other thing the US has surface to air missiles to take out the opponents` warheads. (remember the patriot missile s that took out the scud missiles in Iraq) I am sure that the warships stationed in the ocean around NK are fully equipped.

micjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 05:56 PM   #4
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

I'm surprised that they officially announced it giving dates even....
Old 06-18-2009, 06:13 PM   #5
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

HaHa, North Korea couldn't hit the broad side of a barn! Nothing to worry about here, and yes we would take it out before it even got over the ocean! LOL
Plus I think Hawaii is 4800 miles from Korea, which means they would be about 800 miles short!
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 06:14 PM   #6
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman62 View Post
HaHa, North Korea couldn't hit the broad side of a barn! Nothing to worry about here, and yes we would take it out before it even got over the ocean! LOL
Plus I think Hawaii is 4800 miles from Korea, which means they would be about 800 miles short!
that is why I think it is a distraction.....
Old 06-18-2009, 06:15 PM   #7
Jnana
Avalon Senior Member

North Korea is preparing for a transition of power to Kim Jong Il's youngest son. They are trying to firm up internal support by thumbing their nose at the US. It is highly unlikely that North Korea would actually do anything that would result in a counter attack. They know the entire country would be a glowing cinder in a matter of minutes. Even a preemptive strike against a missile on the launch pad is not in their interest - that is why they make sure the world knows about the tests.
Jnana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 06:22 PM   #8
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnana View Post
North Korea is preparing for a transition of power to Kim Jong Il's youngest son. They are trying to firm up internal support by thumbing their nose at the US. It is highly unlikely that North Korea would actually do anything that would result in a counter attack. They know the entire country would be a glowing cinder in a matter of minutes. Even a preemptive strike against a missile on the launch pad is not in their interest - that is why they make sure the world knows about the tests.
Exactly, it's all for his son, mini Kim, LOL.
I read an article that said Kim Jong Il isn't expected to make it until 2012 because of declining health after his stroke.
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 06:30 PM   #9
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

[QUOTE=Dantheman62;145982]HaHa, North Korea couldn't hit the broad side of a barn! Nothing to they stir the pot really well

I agree...they are just stirring the pot
BROOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 06:38 PM   #10
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

[QUOTE=BROOK;145990]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman62 View Post
HaHa, North Korea couldn't hit the broad side of a barn! Nothing to they stir the pot really well

I agree...they are just stirring the pot
However i just wonder who "they" in this case are...
To me it is one big "international plot"....
Old 06-18-2009, 07:03 PM   #11
viking
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgundia View Post
that is why I think it is a distraction.....
my thoughts exactly.... But distraction from what...

I am begining to wonder about the forcast of the solar flare on the 7th July !!! Well not long to wait ...

Seems to fit in with the grid going down about this time!

Viking
viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:25 PM   #12
micjer
Avalon Senior Member

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8108313.stm

as I was saying....

Quote:
US 'prepared' for N Korea missile
micjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:39 PM   #13
sleepingnomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnana View Post
This makes the most sense to me. It also doesn't hurt the PTB to use this to their advantage to instill more fear into those who do not agree with their agenda.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:45 AM   #14
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Ha!

Reminds me of Dr.Strangelove because the folks who think this is a good idea (TPTB? Kim?) are obviously out of their freakin' minds.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote