Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 05-19-2009, 09:34 PM   #1
Machinamentum
Avalon Senior Member

Default Iran's Khamenei says US training terrorists in Iraq

http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/english/w...1108.asp?scr=1

ISTANBUL - Iran's supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei accused Washington on Tuesday of training "terrorists" in the Kurdish region of neighboring Iraq.

"Behind our western border, the U.S. is training terrorists. It is spending money and handing out weapons to be used against the Islamic republic" of Iran, Khamenei was quoted by AFP as saying in a televised speech in the western Iranian province of Kordestan.

Iran urged neighboring Iraq earlier this month to "pay special attention" to terrorist groups operating in its border areas, a week after Baghdad condemned the Iranian bombing of bases of the PEJAK, a breakaway faction of the terror organization PKK in northern Iraq.

Iran has neither confirmed nor denied reports its forces had bombed targets inside Iraqi territory.

"The Americans have dangerous plans for (Iraqi) Kurdistan ... Their plans are not aimed at defending the Kurdish people, but they want to control them," AFP also quoted Khamenei as saying in the city of Saqaz.

"Our Kurdish friends on the other side of the border have told us that the U.S. officers are paying the Kurdish youth on the Qandil hills in exchange for information," he said.

"They pay money to create mercenaries. It is unworthy of Kurdish youth," Khamenei added.

On Feb. 4, the U.S. Treasury branded PEJAK, the PKK's Iranian wing, as a "terrorist" group.

Iran and Turkey have long been fighting against the terrorist movements operated by both PEJAK and the PKK, which is listed as a terrorist group by Ankara and much of the international community, including the EU and the United States.

The comments of Iran’s supreme leader are likely to disappoint the U.S. administration of President Barack Obama, which is seeking rapprochement with Iran after three decades of mutual mistrust.

Khamenei spoke a day after Obama set a rough timetable for his diplomatic initiative to Iran for the first time, saying he wanted to see serious progress by the end of the year.

Obama also held out the prospect of tougher sanctions against Tehran "to ensure that Iran understands we are serious".

Washington and its Western allies suspect Iran's nuclear program is aimed at making bombs, a charge Tehran denies. But in a break with his predecessor George W. Bush's approach, Obama has offered direct talks with Tehran to resolve the dispute.

Iran, which has repeatedly rejected the West's strategy towards it, says the United States must show a real shift in its policies towards Tehran.
Machinamentum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:44 PM   #2
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Iran's Khamenei says US training terrorists in Iraq

LOL, I would expect no less than BS to come out of the mouth of Khamenei.
If Obama thinks that direct talks with Iran is the answer, he's kidding himself.
Talking to Iran is like talking to a brick wall, it doesn't do any good.
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:02 AM   #3
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman62 View Post
LOL, I would expect no less than BS to come out of the mouth of Khamenei.
What would you expect to come from the mouth of Obama? or any other president, or any politician?
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:01 PM   #4
Myplanet2
In The Mists

I don't believe in "natural conflict". Only the generated variety.

Who stands to gain, and what, is a logical question in any propaganda war.

I personally feel for the pawns in all this. The Iranian people who have to worry over when the shoe will drop. The Americans who still believe what used to be true of their country.

The middle east is a main hot spot on this chess board. The main players make their moves in ways which used to be hidden from view, but not anymore. I don't know if it's my perception, or whether it's generally true that most people no longer believe what they get from the main stream media. The primary propaganda tool of the players.

It's easy to see when someone is still influenced by MSM output, because they perceive the various polarized situations as real. "Don't trust Iran...." Well who is Iran? "Don't trust the Americans...." Who are the Americans? Americans and Iranians have to natural reason for distrust or animosity. That's all created out of some pathetic attempt at manipulating evens to fit a long established agenda.

All I can do is shake my head anymore when I happen to overhear any MSM broadcasts in my vicinity. I see the slants, the omitted information, the invitation to fear, or the lathering up in frivolous, inconsequential fluff. Also the deliberate pounding of psi-op programming in any prime time "entertainment".

I just have to wonder at anyone who is fooled by this charade anymore.
Myplanet2 is offline   Reply With Quote