Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Health / Alternative Medicine

Notices

Old 11-11-2008, 10:18 PM   #1
smat
Avalon Senior Member

Default Water Distillation

Hi guys,
I am interested in what you think of water distillers.

With not knowing what the future will bring I thought that it would be handy to discuss them.

Advantages of water distillation:-

1. It removes all the fluoride and toxins from the water.
2. It could be used in emergencies if you don't have access to pure drinking water.
3. It is the only way to separate radio active dust particles from your water.
4. protects your immune system.

Disadvantages of water distillation:-

1. Expensive bulky equipment.
2. It can be a slow process.
3. It takes a lot of power if you use the electric one and what if you have no electric.
4. I might buy one and never need to use one.
5. I leave my non electric one in the shed and it rusts.

conclusion:-

Check out on google how to distill water using a pan with a lid, some tube (preferably copper) and a glass (to collect the distilled water).
The basic process is heating water/collecting the steam and turning it back into water in a clean glass.

Know that you can put a clear glass bottle of water out in the sun and the ultra violate light will kill some of the bacteria leaving it settle on the bottom of the bottle, that can be stage one of cleaning your river water/rain water of bacteria before you distill it.

http://blog.wired.com/wiredscience/2...t-and-kam.html

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question...1061620AAcLzaV

This could be a serious upcoming issue, it is as well to inform yourself with knowledge on this.
smat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 12:59 AM   #2
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Water Distillation

The moonshiners had home distillation down to a science 75 years ago. Basically you need a heat source, a boiler and a condenser. The most elegant homemade versions I've seen lately consist of a double boiler, some tubing and a small radiator. Since I have access to a solar oven I am working on a way to set up a small still using this as a heat source.

A version of this is an air well that uses condensation from convection currents to pull water out of the air. This is apparently how cities in the desert in ancient Iraq sustained themselves.
whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 03:47 AM   #3
Reunite
Avalon Senior Member

Hey smat

Check out Connecting with sauce's thread on water distillers

http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5028

there's some useful links
Reunite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:31 AM   #4
Darkshade
Avalon Senior Member

Another disadvantage is that you are taking away minerals and bacteria that is good for you. Though if the water is polluted you have to distill it :/
Darkshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:53 AM   #5
Connecting with Sauce
Avalon Senior Member

The biggest thing is that you remove the energy of the water or the structured aspect of it... It can be added back in and I'm about to add some more information with regards that to my thread when I get a spare moment. So watch that space

With regards structured water I suggest you google "water meditation crystal" and look at the pictures of ice crystals with different intentions...
Connecting with Sauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:42 AM   #6
smat
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks for your replies guys.
I will check out that info now.
smat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 04:26 PM   #7
herbivore
Avalon Senior Member

can't you boil water (212 F+) to get rid of all the toxins?
herbivore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 04:45 PM   #8
Connecting with Sauce
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbivore View Post
No. Everything with a boiling point higher than water may leave or combine to form another molecule. I will update the other thread with what I've done. It is just my views on things mind
Old 11-12-2008, 04:50 PM   #9
Leadman
Avalon Senior Member

Very useful site on structured water & all things water related.

Here: www.healingwateronline.com
(links,reports,videos etc. + Torben is a really nice guy)

Also a MUST WATCH video: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...77589537728517

Enjoy.
Leadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:36 PM   #10
Tara
Avalon Senior Member

Steam Distilled water is the most pure. Typically 99.9% pure. In this day and age, expecting to get nutrition from your water is just not going to happen. You can add minerals back to pure water. Have you seen recent AP articles on pharmacueticals in the water supply to include municipalities, water sheds, rivers, and lakes? Bad news.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/03/10...er1/index.html

Also waiting for Dean Kamen to come out with the "Sling Shot". This unit not only purifies (via steam distillation) waste water from around your house, but it also produces energy. Check it out.

http://www.impactlab.com/2008/04/22/...r-regenerator/

There is no point in drinking structured, or alkaline, or any other "snake oil" type water if it isn't pure. For what it's worth.
Tara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:43 PM   #11
Connecting with Sauce
Avalon Senior Member

Trying to compile a water resource thread in health as it is so important with all of the many interesting threads all in one location to link to from...

Of course thi thread is on theretoo

Here it is

http://projectavalon.net/forum/showt...8179#post78179

if there is a moderator which is able to sticky it... we can then add to it. WATER is so important to ourt health.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:41 AM   #12
Hotema
Avalon Senior Member

I used to distill all my water. I got tired of the weird taste, the cleaning of the heating chamber, and the very slow distilling process.

I researched water filters and ended up buying a Doulton gravity feed water filter.

It filters water quickly, taste GREAT and I can use it when the power goes out. You can literally fill it with lake water and the filtered water is pretty darn pure.

There are stats online that explain everything this filtering system removes from water, I was very impressed, its quite a long list.

As the guy who I purchased mine from explains:

"when one distills liquids ALL liquids with vaporization temperatures above that of water are also distilled and end up in the final pot ... it turns out that MOST volatile poisons are in this category. pretty much all those chemicals that have lower vaporization temperatures than water will all end up in the end product ... not exactly what i want to drink for supper"

BTW, minerals in spring water and well water especially are not generally usable by the body. After a certain age, your ability to utilize these rock based minerals will decline, and they will get stuck in various organs and the tubules, nephrons and of course glomerous of the kidneys.

I am MUCH happier with my gravity fed water filtration system, if TSHTF, I am grabbing it and leaving my distiller behind in the dark. I run the water through the Doulton, stick it in a Vitalizer Plus for 27 minutes, exposing the water to decals with sacred geometry affixed directly to the water pitcher while playing Solfeggio frequencies through the pitcher into the water using special headphones. The result is dramatic, to say the least. Add 1/4 drop of Essential oil of Peppermint before turning on the Vitalizer Plus, and you have a fresh tasting super charged water source. Of course all this is useless without electricity, but I am having fun experimenting while the lights stay on.

Doulton filters are found all over the net, I suggest ordering one quickly, because the factory in England that makes them only employs a few hundred people and they are now on a 6 week back log of orders (seems like many people know something big may be around the corner?)

You can also find tons of info about their filtering capability on the web.

Hope this helps someone, at the very least its perhaps new info to some and may help in a small way.
Hotema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 09:32 AM   #13
Swanny
I dont need a label !

I have one of these water filters
http://www.freshwaterfilter.com/cate...ravity_Filters
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 07:27 PM   #14
halebox
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotema View Post
I used to distill all my water. I got tired of the weird taste, the cleaning of the heating chamber, and the very slow distilling process.

I researched water filters and ended up buying a Doulton gravity feed water filter.

It filters water quickly, taste GREAT and I can use it when the power goes out. You can literally fill it with lake water and the filtered water is pretty darn pure.

There are stats online that explain everything this filtering system removes from water, I was very impressed, its quite a long list.

As the guy who I purchased mine from explains:

"when one distills liquids ALL liquids with vaporization temperatures above that of water are also distilled and end up in the final pot ... it turns out that MOST volatile poisons are in this category. pretty much all those chemicals that have lower vaporization temperatures than water will all end up in the end product ... not exactly what i want to drink for supper"

BTW, minerals in spring water and well water especially are not generally usable by the body. After a certain age, your ability to utilize these rock based minerals will decline, and they will get stuck in various organs and the tubules, nephrons and of course glomerous of the kidneys.

I am MUCH happier with my gravity fed water filtration system, if TSHTF, I am grabbing it and leaving my distiller behind in the dark. I run the water through the Doulton, stick it in a Vitalizer Plus for 27 minutes, exposing the water to decals with sacred geometry affixed directly to the water pitcher while playing Solfeggio frequencies through the pitcher into the water using special headphones. The result is dramatic, to say the least. Add 1/4 drop of Essential oil of Peppermint before turning on the Vitalizer Plus, and you have a fresh tasting super charged water source. Of course all this is useless without electricity, but I am having fun experimenting while the lights stay on.

Doulton filters are found all over the net, I suggest ordering one quickly, because the factory in England that makes them only employs a few hundred people and they are now on a 6 week back log of orders (seems like many people know something big may be around the corner?)

You can also find tons of info about their filtering capability on the web.

Hope this helps someone, at the very least its perhaps new info to some and may help in a small way.
It doesnt say it removes fluoride though
halebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 07:31 PM   #15
Swanny
I dont need a label !

I bought a extra filter for mine that does remove fluoride
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 08:22 PM   #16
ucan
Avalon Senior Member

Water is one of my favourite subjects but distilled water is not good to drink - http://www.4optimallife.com/Distille...To-Health.html

But it is usefull for all sorts of things such as extractions and infusions - something that most people don't realize is that the Ice that forms on the inside of your domestic freezer is of a distilled form due to evaporation. Water evaporates at any temperature and has many other strange properties. The best water would be fresh living spring water direct from the earth... anyone rember that "pure" water that Coca-cola invented (I forget the name) and then withdrew it due to some nasty chemicals found in there due to the process - they still havn't fixed the process and re-released it!!!!! - this should be a big hint everybody :-)

Water IS Life
ucan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:43 PM   #17
Hotema
Avalon Senior Member

Doulton offers aux. filters that attach to the standard filters which will remove flouride and lead. I have these and the water tastes AWESOME.
Hotema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:54 PM   #18
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbivore View Post
The answer is yes you can boil water!, if you're out in the desert or in the woods and want clean water, just boil it and strain it through a t-shirt or something, you're not going to worry about "the structure" of water if you're dying of thirst.
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:31 PM   #19
Reunite
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by halebox View Post
It doesnt say it removes fluoride though
Reverse Osmosis Filters remove Fluoride
Old 11-13-2008, 11:52 PM   #20
Operator
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman62 View Post
The answer is yes you can boil water!, if you're out in the desert or in the woods and want clean water, just boil it and strain it through a t-shirt or something, you're not going to worry about "the structure" of water if you're dying of thirst.
Hi Dan,

Maybe do it the other way around ... first filter and than boil it.

There are 2 more observations I want to add to this thread.

1. In some cases you don't have to boil water at all !
Have you ever considered that there is lots of water already in the air ! Just condense it back to water.
The relative humidity will differ from place to place. But where I live a cold bottle of water from the refrigerator will condense
as much water as 5 .. 10% of it's own contents ! So it's not all about heating up but think also on cooling down.

2. Another way to get clean water maybe electrolysis
If you have electricity available you may benefit from creating oxygen and hydrogen both in the right volumes to burn it
(use the energy) into clean water again.
Be aware that electrolysis of seawater will have a different result. It's conducting much better so the process
will be much faster. However together with oxygen chloride forms at the anode (postive pole). You want to get rid of
that since it is poisonous. You can still burn the hydrogen with oxygen just from the air, end result is clean water again.

Hope this will stimulate new practical applications.

Cheers
Operator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 04:11 AM   #21
halebox
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reunite View Post
I dont think so
halebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 04:26 AM   #22
Reunite
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by halebox View Post
I dont think so
where did you here that from?

check out these links

http://www.historyofwaterfilters.com...tillation.html

http://www.pwgazette.com/problemfluoride.htm
Old 11-14-2008, 06:17 AM   #23
Peace2all
Avalon Senior Member

Hi All... I have been following this post and have done quite a bit of research regarding water purifiers from UK & US which where either very expensive or not efficient to use, some even left FLUORIDE in, too longer time to boil, ceramic breaks easily, waiting time for water and to clean unit!! Thanks to a tip from Avalon Member, Tez, I finally found a Stainless Steel Water Purifier. Its called a "Stefani" holds 8 litres, GRAVITY FED through COLLOIDAL Silver filters and takes out 99% plus of all bacteria, fluoride, cysts and everything else nasty. My family LOVE ours and my teenagers who love coke are finally drinking lots of water!!! We are on tank water, I noticed our water now taste "softer". I have had so many people impressed that I have approached the company and just TODAY became a distributor in Australia!! Just put the first ad on ebay. It cost $137.00 AUD, not sure of US transfer should be much cheaper. Can post worldwide, if interested send me a message. Cheers Pep
Peace2all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 02:20 AM   #24
SuperManny
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reunite View Post
Yes indeed it does! I've been using it for about 10 years. It removes EVERYTHING, even removes salt from sea water!

Only problem is because it removes everything, the water is kinda dead, so I rejuvenate it with crystals, sacred music, and Slim Spurling's Harmonizer, and of course blessing it.

The main thing I don't like about distilled water is because it has zero minerals it will leech the minerals out of your body when you drink it. So be sure to add minerals to it and it will be much healthier.
SuperManny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 02:44 AM   #25
Operator
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperManny View Post

Only problem is because it removes everything, the water is kinda dead, so I rejuvenate it with crystals, sacred music, and Slim Spurling's Harmonizer, and of course blessing it.

The main thing I don't like about distilled water is because it has zero minerals it will leech the minerals out of your body when you drink it. So be sure to add minerals to it and it will be much healthier.
Hi SuperManny,

I am currently working on getting water distilled from seawater using solar power and/or condensing it from the air.

I guess I will meet the same problems you encountered ...
Can you elaborate a little more on how to 'enrich' the water again ... ?
(crystals, minerals ... what is Slim Spurling's Harmonizer ?)

I already 'bless' and 'express my gratitude' before I put my bottles in the refrigerator ...
(It's too warm to drink otherwise)

Cheers
Operator is offline   Reply With Quote