Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 12-22-2009, 02:56 AM   #151
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The ego what is it? How to transcend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leunamros View Post
When all here makes you laugh, even the worst pain, you are ready to ascend.
This I tend to agree with, however, I also know it is very unnecessary to suffer if you do not feel the need to have this experience.

Suffering ends when we surrender to what IS, to reality beyond the matrix, beyond duality. In Oneness is no suffering.

As LindaBaker's signature says: How would we know what was awesome if we didn't know what sucked. (From Beavis and Butthead).

Reality doesn't suck, it's awesome, but the game we've been playing, is the game of seperation, the game of suffering.

NONE of us had to play this game, we were not forced here. All of us made decisions that led us to this level of creation, the outskirts where the illusion of seperation is very great, very dense.

For whatever reason, we wanted to experience suffering, and we have indeed done so.

We can climb back towards abundant reality whenever we wish, but the choice is ours.

We are the prodigal son, we have decided to go out and spend our inheritance, our light, on the things of the world, rather than accept the father's kingdom. Is the Father angry? No, not at all, in fact a great feast is prepared for us when we decide to come back home to the kingdom of Oneness that is inside of us here and Now.

But as long as we wish to remain away from home, in the illusion of ego and seperation, then we can continue to do so as long as we still have light to spend... the choice is ours and nothing, nothing whatsoever outside of us, no one, affects our own ability to come back home into Oneness ~ into the conscious state of co-creation with the infinite kingdom of Oneness that IS reality.

But, as long as we desire to play the illusion that we are separate from each other and from the source, as long as we wish to continue to experience pain, being a victim, fighting, then we can continue to do so. Because the consciousness that is the Father, our own I AM within, has ultimate respect for our free will.

We will reap as we sew and gain the experience we desire Now.
14 Chakras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 04:11 AM   #152
Leunamros
Project Avalon Member

the more you tell how great we are, how great our capabilities are, how special, the less i feel the universe around me. The less connected, i feel, if i listen to what you have just said.

That´s just the opposite i need. But i dont know where to get that humility, without doing drugs (hallucinogens).

Indeed, to overcome ourselves, to trascend ourselves, we have to recognice first how pathetic we are. How insignificant, how tiny we are, and walls of text show how pathetic we are.

You are pathetic, 14 chakras, i am pathetic, we all are.

It could be hard to see with you spiritually inflated egos, but those egos can be changed with others much better attunned with my idea of ascension. Because, we all can have some idea on how to do it, dont you think?. Even if it does exists,... because i dont know if ascension happens, im speculating.
Leunamros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 08:28 AM   #153
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leunamros View Post
But i dont know where to get that humility, without doing drugs.

Yes, I get that.

Truth is not black and white. This thread is about ego. Ego is not divine, not god. The separate self is the illusion. It is the prodigal son. The prodigal son thinks he's hot stuff, real hot stuff, and goes out to do it on his own. He ends up in the pig pen of suffering. He really is the Sun of the Father, but has certainly not been acting like it!

The school of hard knocks, you reap as you sew, has done a number or two on him. He decides to leave his experiences behind and go back home and is welcomed with a great feast when he does. In fact, the father has many mansions and has saved up an inheritance for the son and has a mansion waiting for him.

However, the Father has no desire to work against the sons free will. Should the son wish to continue to work in the pig pen then the Father respects the sons will.

If the son is still feeling high and mighty having left the kingdom of Oneness... then he will reap as he sews. Every thought, action, and energy used by the son will reap the consequences of the energy. If the son uses his energy correctly, he will reap abundance. However, when operating from the separate mind, the ego mind, the son simply will not sew rightly, he will sew the wind and reap the whirlwind. The mind of separation justifies all sorts of atrocities, but the energy must be repaid one way or another.

If we are still stuck in the high and mighty ego phase where we feel better than others and like we can do whatever we want regardless of it's impact on others... I suggest we will quickly learn our lessons. We live in a time when Karma is cycling much quicker so that we can learn our lessons and make this shift that is coming.

The school of hard knocks, which is simply the return of the energy we send out, will help us open our eyes and make a more clear decision of how much longer we wish to play the game of suffering and separation and stay in the mud of the pig pen...

The option is to come back into the abundance, the inheritance that awaits as we surrender our own need to keep up the struggle, keep up the fight, keep up the grudge, fear, being right etc. and surrender all the garbage for the reality of unconditional Love.

Essentially we have the option to give up our pocket change (human ego / suffering) for millions of dollars (the Kingdom of heaven consciousness that is inside of us, at hand Now).

In the end, the choice is always ours and ours alone!

Last edited by 14 Chakras; 12-22-2009 at 08:39 AM.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:38 AM   #154
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote Leunamros

When all here makes you laugh, even the worst pain, you are ready to ascend.
End quote.

We are agreed.
LIfe is a game play it.

Chris
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 03:54 PM   #155
Gringo
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
Hello again Gringo
Let me know how you get on with the meditation.
Consitancy is important. Ten minutes twice a day to begin with is better than trying to meditate an hour twice a wreek.

Chris
hello greybeard I started my meditations once yesterday and once today (this time in the morning) and it seems like it takes me about 10 minutes just to quiet my mind or not settle on any one thought or to watch them just float by. Although when I tried in the morning it seemed like I was more sucessful. Both times I meditated for about 20 minutes.
Gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 04:25 PM   #156
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gringo View Post
hello greybeard I started my meditations once yesterday and once today (this time in the morning) and it seems like it takes me about 10 minutes just to quiet my mind or not settle on any one thought or to watch them just float by. Although when I tried in the morning it seemed like I was more sucessful. Both times I meditated for about 20 minutes.
Hi Gringo
Youve made a good start.
Getting your mind relativly quiet in 10 minutes is an achievement.

When you can extend your meditation to 30 minutes.
Ive found that from twenty on it shifts a gear so to speak, but dont look for any result, that just gets in the way.

Best wishes
Chris
Old 12-22-2009, 08:39 PM   #157
bushycat
Avalon Senior Member

When you can extend your meditation to 30 minutes.
Ive found that from twenty on it shifts a gear so to speak, but dont look for any result, that just gets in the way.

Best wishes
Chris[/QUOTE]

I've wondered about the 20 minute shifting of gears also for years. And that's what I've called it,too. It seems to happen also when I go out jogging. Must be something to it. After the 20 minutes there is the calm place within. The connection more complete.

Love,
Bushycat
bushycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 08:42 PM   #158
Banned

We seem to want to make things like this complicated.

It's not.
371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 08:51 PM   #159
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 371 View Post
We seem to want to make things like this complicated.

It's not.
Agree -- though until the ego is trascended it seems complicated.

If one can just stay present in the eternal moment thats all that is needed.

Unfortunately up till now the sucess rate has been abysmal, not many enlightened souls as yet but many well into the process.

Ramesh Balsakar said.
God gave you an ego let him remove it.. and He does.

Regards Chris
Old 12-22-2009, 09:45 PM   #160
tigre
Avalon Senior Member

for me ego means an instrument ...
you are used by it,
then you use it,
then you discover the effects in good and bad, basicly all the emotion that ego can produce,
then when you have enough of ego you turn ego of, and you enter a new world
the new world has many names, nirvana, state of eternal joy, paradise, valhalla, kingdom of heavens ect ..
this world, or state of perception is the goal of each of us, eternal peace in eternal wisdom !
each of us has is own way to reach it, there is not one way, but infinite ways ... the only truth is that when you reach it you are like safe
tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 10:04 PM   #161
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigre View Post
for me ego means an instrument ...
you are used by it,
then you use it,
then you discover the effects in good and bad, basicly all the emotion that ego can produce,
then when you have enough of ego you turn ego of, and you enter a new world
the new world has many names, nirvana, state of eternal joy, paradise, valhalla, kingdom of heavens ect ..
this world, or state of perception is the goal of each of us, eternal peace in eternal wisdom !
each of us has is own way to reach it, there is not one way, but infinite ways ... the only truth is that when you reach it you are like safe
Thats as good a description of the process as any tigre.
Chris
Old 12-23-2009, 01:07 AM   #162
tigre
Avalon Senior Member

thnx chris,
I would like to develop a bit the "no ego state of perception" ...

it comes in a natural way, many of us experienced that state many times in life, it's like when you feel hungry, and you eat and then feel peace because you don't feel hungry any more ...
ego feeds in the same way, it is hungry and you feed it ... desires is the name of the beeing "hungry", feeding desires will give peace, for a while but wile not stop the desire to come back ... until your undertsand in yourself how the ego/engine works and stop it by yourself... your start reflecting inyourself of the engine when you meet with suferance .. suferance appears when you can't feed your desire, something is going wrong, you just can't get it, and your ego make you do anything to have it, this is sufering ... that's why people kill, war existe, laugh and tears, birth and death ...
So when you have suffered enough, you decide naturaly to turn your ego off, you are like mature, ready, to throw away yourself to find yourself ...
life of man is so short, time is lacking, not many are able to understand sufferness enough in their life time to overcome their ego ... but all the game is there, to overcome it !
so the best way, is just do what ever you have in mind, realise your desire, don't repress yurself, let it go, understand how it takes birth in your ego/mind and how it dies ... but keep focused on the law of cause and effect that are the same laws of ego and no ego ...

take care and figth your ego
tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 02:33 AM   #163
Moxie
Avalon Senior Member

You cannot live your life here without the Ego...
it is developed as a necessary outcome of being HERE.

Yes, the ego can manfest extremes.. but the ego is your differntiation in this world, from others Beings before you, it is your sense of Self... that which is Seen by Other Beings.

Your Ego is necessary, else it would not Be.

The sense you discern, that of the unseen reflection in the outward appearance, is WE, the ALL...

Our essence is "God"... from which all arises and lives.

God is either every thing or nothing at all...
is difficult for many to grock...
but how could it be otherswise?
The source is the source is the All, deemed "good" or "bad"...

every thing ends up back to source because no thing is lost.

Sounds about right ... ya think?
Moxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 05:25 AM   #164
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member

We are meant to grow back to source, not disappear into it. We are meant to expand the awareness of who we are, our unique flame, our unique take on things, back to source. We are an individualization of source.

We are source individualized.

The human ego is the false sense of identity that is separate from source and separate from each other. It is unconsciousness.

Do we need it here? Sure we do, if we don't want to have to make decisions for ourselves and we want to continue this karma recycle reincarnation wheel in 3d for however much longer, if we wish to remain slave consciousness, if we don't care about fixing our world and want to keep wrecking it till it's no longer around, yah we do.

However, if we want to take back our power and bring forth solutions to our world rather than letting it end up in a dark age, or even destroying it, then we have to grow up.

We have to surrender who we "think" we are separate from the whole, based on the illusion of separation, based on comparisons in the matrix, for who we really are in Oneness with the source.

We are the source individualized. We each have a Divine blue print, an I AM blue print, that's who we are, we are I AM.

We are not the human ego which can not survive in Being, instead needs to be living in the past or the future, cannot accept the BEing Now.

No need for human ego in the Now. No need for human ego with full consciousness Now.

The Eternal Now is reality where you and I are infinite potentiality.

Last edited by 14 Chakras; 12-24-2009 at 08:28 PM.
Old 12-23-2009, 06:07 AM   #165
Moxie
Avalon Senior Member

Me thinks that the Ego dies with the death of the transient body, IS the transient self, temperal... that part of us, the personality- ego runs ...

The true substance of our being has no self & is eternal< without face>or name or station.

Ego is transient here, now.. so strut your stuff as Ego is extremely aware of itself as a self, separate, isolated being !... it's all you have while you are individuated here as a body!
Death is all about that - Ego transient self perception. zip gone nada.

I think that it just might be the ultimate of mercy... you're here then you're gone and don't know the difference.

There is no justice... only Mercy. You die and your self awareness is gone and what is left is eternal and is none of our business.

It's late and I just entertained myself... g'nite.
Moxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 07:46 PM   #166
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
You cannot live your life here without the Ego...
it is developed as a necessary outcome of being HERE.

Yes, the ego can manfest extremes.. but the ego is your differntiation in this world, from others Beings before you, it is your sense of Self... that which is Seen by Other Beings.

Your Ego is necessary, else it would not Be.

The sense you discern, that of the unseen reflection in the outward appearance, is WE, the ALL...

Our essence is "God"... from which all arises and lives.

God is either every thing or nothing at all...
is difficult for many to grock...
but how could it be otherswise?
The source is the source is the All, deemed "good" or "bad"...

every thing ends up back to source because no thing is lost.

Sounds about right ... ya think?
I can see why you think this Moxie.
However
All I can say that every enlightened being who has live on this earth functioned ego less after the transformation.

My own experience is that having had a large ego, as my ego diminshed, through reading books by those who transcended the ego and doing as sugested, I became more free of fear, more alive, more what I really am.

Its like being released from a prison.

When the ego is fully in charge you dont even know you have one.
Self esteem is different.
Honestly the ego is not necessary to experience life fuly, in fact quite the reverse. It limits you greatly.

Regards Chris
Old 12-23-2009, 07:55 PM   #167
bushycat
Avalon Senior Member

I think this would apply here:

Eckhart Tolle says

The mind is a superb instrument if used rightly.
Used wrongly, however, it becomes very destructive.
It is not so much that you use your mind wrongly- you usually don't use it at all.
It uses you.
You believe that you ARE your mind. This is the delusion.

Love always,
Bushycat
Old 12-23-2009, 08:20 PM   #168
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushycat View Post
I think this would apply here:

Eckhart Tolle says

The mind is a superb instrument if used rightly.
Used wrongly, however, it becomes very destructive.
It is not so much that you use your mind wrongly- you usually don't use it at all.
It uses you.
You believe that you ARE your mind. This is the delusion.

Love always,
Bushycat
Thanks Busycat.

After the ego is transcended you still have a mind, I think I mentioned it in an earlier post, its called the working mind.
Its a very complex subject.

Dr David Hawkins wrote about 300 pages on the subject.

Eckhart Tolle keeps it simple and in away it is.
If we stay present in the NOW the ego cant exist, it needs past and future to survive.

Ive been fortunate to have been at two of his seminers and one weekend retreat at Findhorn. By an amazing coincidence he and Kim his partner were at the same small Bed and Breakfast and three of us share the breakfast table with them, a lovely humble person, very attentive to Kim, a gentleman.
We spent over an hour talking with them.
Thats my spiritual ego telling you this.

Be happy.
Chris
Old 12-23-2009, 08:27 PM   #169
kriya
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Ive been fortunate to have been at two of his seminers and one weekend retreat at Findhorn. By an amazing coincidence he and Kim his partner were at the same small Bed and Breakfast and three of us share the breakfast table with them, a lovely humble person, very attentive to Kim, a gentleman.

Greybeard,

What a blessing!!! He is a very beautiful soul. I've seen the Findhorn retreat he did on video, he is quite the comedian.

Love,

Kriya
kriya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 08:33 PM   #170
bushycat
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Thanks Busycat.

After the ego is transcended you still have a mind, I think I mentioned it in an earlier post, its called the working mind.
Its a very complex subject.

Dr David Hawkins wrote about 300 pages on the subject.

Eckhart Tolle keeps it simple and in away it is.
If we stay present in the NOW the ego cant exist, it needs past and future to survive.

Thats my spiritual ego telling you this.

Be happy.
Chris
Great, thanks, you tied in my post to ego so nicely. I have not been to any of ET's seminars, but you are right, he keeps it simple. I just took that quote from a 2010 calendar newly purchased with quotes from ET and nature photographs by David Muench, an old family friend in Santa Barbara.I love seeing the connection of two I care about. What a treat for you to have had casual time with him. Your spiritual ego must truly enjoy its observations as much as mine does!

Am Happy,
Bushycat

Last edited by bushycat; 12-23-2009 at 10:38 PM.
Old 12-24-2009, 05:33 AM   #171
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

The egoic thoughts just appear, I did not ask for them.
Then the problem occours if I identify with them.
They can be very seductive.
If I buy into them, make them my thoughts and act upon them then karma arises.
I have choice, free will.
If I realise what is happening, higher mind clicks in and I can make a quality choice of action or non action. Consequences are then of a different nature.

Classic example is Ghandi.
A man of integrity, non violence, humility, yet he overcame immense odds to free India from British rule.
Chris
Old 12-24-2009, 07:43 AM   #172
bushycat
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
The egoic thoughts just appear, I did not ask for them.
Then the problem occours if I identify with them.
They can be very seductive.
If I buy into them, make them my thoughts and act upon them then karma arises.
I have choice, free will.
If I realise what is happening, higher mind clicks in and I can make a quality choice of action or non action. Consequences are then of a different nature.

Classic example is Ghandi.
A man of integrity, non violence, humility, yet he overcame immense odds to free India from British rule.
Chris
Chris,I'm not clear if you are speaking of your obvious delight being with Eckhart Tolle? If you are, your story related here was just that- a story. I did not see ego there. You did not identify with any elevation of your purpose by relating the story;it was not bragging. You knew it would benefit our discussion here, a wonderful little tidbit about actually being with someone who knows us well.
It is very interesting, this ego. The little joking about "spiritual ego" was a very clever pun, I thought. There is really no such thing.

Or perhaps you were just carrying on with discertation on ego and it had nothing to do with breakfast with ET. I'll dwell on it further later.

It really is a thoughtful and interesting thread. Thank you.

Sincerely,
BC
Old 12-24-2009, 09:01 AM   #173
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushycat View Post
Chris,I'm not clear if you are speaking of your obvious delight being with Eckhart Tolle? If you are, your story related here was just that- a story. I did not see ego there. You did not identify with any elevation of your purpose by relating the story;it was not bragging. You knew it would benefit our discussion here, a wonderful little tidbit about actually being with someone who knows us well.
It is very interesting, this ego. The little joking about "spiritual ego" was a very clever pun, I thought. There is really no such thing.

Or perhaps you were just carrying on with discertation on ego and it had nothing to do with breakfast with ET. I'll dwell on it further later.

It really is a thoughtful and interesting thread. Thank you.

Sincerely,
BC
Hi BC
Id forgotten about the prvious thread so it was a generality.
I just woke up with the last post in mind so that was that.
Intention is the deciding factor.
Its ok to have a pride in genuine achievement. A world champion can say that fact, because its true.
If the intention is to become the "BIG MAN" then exageration creeps in and humility is out the window.
Its all quite subtle. However, humility takes you forward, and egotism while at first inflates you will lead to deflation.

There are a lot of interesting posts by people early on in the thread.

Chris
Old 12-24-2009, 08:20 PM   #174
bushycat
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Hi BC
Id forgotten about the prvious thread so it was a generality.
I just woke up with the last post in mind so that was that.
Intention is the deciding factor.
Its ok to have a pride in genuine achievement. A world champion can say that fact, because its true.
If the intention is to become the "BIG MAN" then exageration creeps in and humility is out the window.
Its all quite subtle. However, humility takes you forward, and egotism while at first inflates you will lead to deflation.

There are a lot of interesting posts by people early on in the thread.

Chris
Okay. Well said. Humility and being grateful seems to keep us in good place in many ways.

In Gassho,
Bushycat
Old 12-26-2009, 10:54 PM   #175
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

The ignorance of not knowing who we really are sets the stage for a batle between " good " and " bad " .
For ignorance of our true self breeds fear , fear breeds the need to control , and the need to control starts the strugle for power .
When we started our journey onto this plane we faced ignorance and thus dichotomies. We only have a vague idea of who we really are in essence. “Not knowing who we are” is the incentive behind change, growth and expansion in our universe.
The end of your journey will be that you have become larger than good and evil, light and dark. You will have created a third energy, the Christ energy, which embraces and transcends both.

Your earthly cycle of lives ends when the game of duality no longer has a hold on you. It is essential to the dualistic game that you identify yourself with a particular position in the playfield of polarities. You identify yourself with being poor or rich, famous or humble, man or woman, hero or villain. It really doesn’t matter that much which part you are playing. As long as you feel one with the actor on the stage, duality still has a firm grip on you.

This is not wrong of course. In a sense it was meant to be that way. You were meant to forget about your true self. To experience all the aspects of duality, you were meant to narrow your consciousness down to a particular role in the drama of earth life.

And you played it well. You got so caught up with your roles that you totally forgot about the aim and purpose of going through this cycle of lives to begin with. You were so forgetful about yourself that you took the games and dramas of duality to be the only reality there is.

Characteristics of the duality game

1) Your emotional life is essentially unstable.

There is no emotional anchor present, since you are always in the “up” or “down” side of a particular mood.

2) You are intensely involved with the outer world.

It is very important to you how other people judge you. Your self-esteem depends on what the outer world (society or your loved ones) mirrors back to you about who you are.

3) You have strong opinions about what’s good and what’s bad. Being judgmental gives you a sense of security. Life is so well organized when one divides actions, thoughts or people into right and wrong.

Common to all these characteristics is that in all you do or feel, you are not really there. Your consciousness resides in the outer layers of your being where it is driven by fear-oriented patterns of thought and behavior.

By going within and making contact with the hidden, suppressed parts of yourself, you are becoming more present. Your consciousness is rising above the fear-motivated patterns of thought and behavior that you have taken for granted for such a long time. It is taking responsibility for itself.

Characteristics of releasing duality

1) You listen to the language of your soul which speaks to you through your feelings.

2) You act upon this language and create the changes your soul wishes you to make.

3) You value quiet time alone, for only in silence can you hear the whispers of your soul.

4) You question the authority of thought patterns or rules of behavior which block the free expression of your true inspiration and aspirations.

The turning point in letting go of duality

Your earthly cycle of lives draws to a close when your consciousness is able to hold all the experiences of duality in its hand, while remaining centered and fully present. As long as you identify with one aspect of duality rather than another (with light as opposed to dark, with rich as opposed to poor etc.), your consciousness is on a swing.

This center is the exit point for the karmic cycle. The predominant feeling tones in this center are stillness, compassion and quiet joy. Greek philosophers had premonitions of this state which they called ataraxia: imperturbability.

Judgment and fear are the energies that most take you off-center. As you release these energies more and more, you become more quiet and open inside. You truly enter another world, another plane of consciousness.

Releasing the grip of duality takes time. Unraveling all the layers of darkness (un-consciousness) is a gradual process. Yet once you embark upon this road, the road to the inner Self, you are slowly distancing yourself from the game of duality. When you have tasted the true meaning of ataraxia, the turning point is taken. When you have felt the silent yet all-pervading joy of simply being with yourself, you will know that that is what you’ve been looking for all along. You will go inward time and again to experience this peace inside.

You will not shy away from worldly enjoyment. But you will have found an anchor of divinity within yourself, and you will experience the world and all its beauty from that state of bliss.

When there is peace and joy in your heart, the things and people you meet will give you peace and joy.

From the Lightworkers series : the teachings of Yeshua
http://www.jeshua.net/

The entire story of the ego stems entirely upon not knowing who we really are .
We are divine sparks of Light animated by Love that has no bounderies . The moment we experience this the ego fades away and we step out of the realm of dichotomies ,linear time , judgement and fear. The ego may have served us during our journey out of ignorance but once self realization is attained we will have outgrown it and only pure Love and compassion will remain.

Love Always
mudra

Last edited by mudra; 12-26-2009 at 10:58 PM.
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote