Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:11 PM   #26
Majorion
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Turned off my TV, what a difference.

I don't think many people actually enjoy watching TV anymore.

Even whom those most hooked and addicted.

Its just become such a widespread habit for people to KEEP THE TV ON at all times.

Notice when you turn off the tube, the silence in the room immediately puts perspective on your life, since distractions are off, the focus on the far more important issues becomes easy and clear.
Majorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:57 PM   #27
pyrangello
Avalon Senior Member

At my cabin, no phone, no tv, just a radio. Makes things much more quality time spent with others, It's very nice indeed and very refresching when I return home for a weekend there.
pyrangello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:10 PM   #28
Ruach
Retired Avalon Member

Yes Majorion! It is something that we just do without thinking about it, it is always on, spouting it's commercials, "news," and sitcoms. TV has become a member of our family, it is the spoiled child that we drop everything for and pay attention to no matter what.

As you mention, when the TV is turned off, we are faced with the reality of our lives which is precisely the reason, I believe, why so many keep it turned on. People don't want to live in reality as it is truly is but instead want a "reality" that will never ask them to face their problems, fears, or require that they interact with another human being for that matter. These are hall marks of addiction, the denial, the escape, the desire to never deal with the issue at hand.

I truly do see it as a system of control via distraction, addiction, and mind control as I mentioned before. The NWO (New World Order for those that don't know that acronym), has most, but not all of us where they want us. But the sooner we all realize who is behind it all, the sooner we will be persuaded to refuse to be enslaved by whatever has controlled us. This is one giant step we all can take in the fight against the NWO and the "prison planet" they seek to establish.
Ruach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:11 PM   #29
Ross H
Project Avalon Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrangello View Post
At my cabin, no phone, no tv, just a radio. Makes things much more quality time spent with others, It's very nice indeed and very refresching when I return home for a weekend there.

Where I live there are no cables of any kind to my property. Off the grid.

Satellite for Internet, mobile ph, thats it, tho I do have a TV, but it has a habit of looking blank...

Peace
Ross H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:31 PM   #30
Instead
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operator View Post

I also have plans to get of the grid but unfortunately did not manifest that completely yet.
Living from the land is already in progress but not yet developed enough ...
VERY Cool! We are working on a version of this as well. Kind of a modern day couple of hippies in a VW van. Inspired by Timothy Ferriss' "The 4 hour work week".

We ARE working on the TV issue. For us we are starting by cutting out all negative programming: Snapped, Americas most wanted, C.O.P.S., and the like. Work in progress still.
Instead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:51 PM   #31
Ross H
Project Avalon Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instead View Post
VERY Cool! We are working on a version of this as well. Kind of a modern day couple of hippies in a VW van. Inspired by Timothy Ferriss' "The 4 hour work week".

We ARE working on the TV issue. For us we are starting by cutting out all negative programming: Snapped, Americas most wanted, C.O.P.S., and the like. Work in progress still.
Inch by Inch...it's a sinch

Peace
Old 12-14-2009, 11:58 PM   #32
Operator
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jross View Post
Satellite for Internet, mobile ph, thats it, tho I do have a TV, but it has a habit of looking blank...
Hi jross,

So if you have those then you need power ... what's your power source ?

cheers
Operator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:00 AM   #33
Ross H
Project Avalon Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operator View Post
Hi jross,

So if you have those then you need power ... what's your power source ?

cheers
Solar, 1600 watts of panels, 3200 watt inverter, 60 amp regulator. 670 amp/hr Batteries, 4x6volts=24 volt system

Works extemely well!

Peace

Last edited by Ross H; 12-15-2009 at 12:07 AM.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:15 AM   #34
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
Avalon Senior Member

its very liberating ive not really watched it now for about a year and before tha ti went travelling alot so prob 3 years now without much tv.

im find ing myself in an odd situation where im watching the news more to see what the propaganda versus reality gap is now. its getting ridicoulus in some cases..

i wouldtn care if i nver saw it again tho
pineal-pilot-in merkabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:31 AM   #35
Derek
Avalon Senior Member

Ya ever since I stopped watching tv Ive felt like a completely different person as well. Thought you guys might enjoy some facts

tv dramatically decreases activity in the left hemisphere of your brain. The left hemisphere Is used for critical and logical thinking. When it is shut down all your defenses are shut down, and information can be absorbed into your subconscious mind without any critical or logical thinking. It also puts you in an alpha brainwave state which makes you more susceptible to hypnosis.
Some of the things absorbed:

Number of murders seen on TV by the time an average child finishes elementary school: 8,000

Number of violent acts seen on TV by age 18: 200,000

Number of 30-second TV commercials seen in a year by an average child: 20,000

Number of TV commercials seen by the average person by age 65: 2 million

and all that propaganda, sex and (mind) programming

Witnessing repeated violent acts can lead to desensitization and a lack of empathy for human suffering

Percentage of local TV news broadcast time devoted to advertising: 30

Percentage devoted to stories about crime, disaster and war: 53.8

People who watch 3 hours of TV per day are twice as likely
to be obese than people who watch less than 1 hour per day

Average*US*parent*spends*only*38*min/week*in*meaningful**
conversation*with*children*vs.*31½*hours/week*watching****
TV.**

TV*viewing*in*children*at*ages*one*and*three*is*as sociated**
with*ADHD*symptoms*at*age*seven.

Viewing*TV*violence*is*the*single*strongest*predic tor*of**
aggression*later*in*life,*according*to*long‐term*s tudy

Students*who*watched*an*hour*of*TV*per*day*or*less *scored**
the*best*on*achievement*tests.
TV*is*addictive.

tv contains subliminal messages

The*average*American*watches*4*hours*35*minutes*of *TV*per****
day.**There*is*simply*so*much*else*to*do*in*life

tv makes you apathetic and 'entertained'

televisions create a ton of electromagnetic pollution which does all sorts of damage

who knows what the new hd tvs have in them

Children spend more time watching television than in any other activity except sleep

54% of kids have a TV in their bedroom

66% of children (ages 10 to 16) surveyed say that their peers are influenced by TV shows

"In a national opinion poll conducted for TV Guide (8/2/03), 57% of TV viewers said they 'noticed an increase in offensive material on television lately.'"

Media violence may cause aggressive and antisocial behavior, desensitize viewers to future violence and increase perceptions that they are living "in a mean and dangerous world."

Children younger than 8 "cannot uniformly discriminate between real life and fantasy/entertainment… They quickly learn that violence is an acceptable solution to resolving even complex problems, particularly if the aggressor is the hero." - ibid

Research has shown that "mindless" television or video games may idle and impoverish the development of the pre-frontal cortex, or that portion of the brain that is responsible for planning, organizing and sequencing behavior for self-control, moral judgment and attention. - American Academy of Pediatrics

Children often behave differently after they've been watching violent programs on television. Children who watched violent shows were more likely to strike out at playmates, argue, disobey authority and were less willing to wait for things that children who watched nonviolent programs. - American Psychological Association

ABC's Desperate Housewives is the most popular broadcast-network television show with kids aged 9-12 according to Nielsen stats
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:48 AM   #36
Ross H
Project Avalon Moderator

Good work Derek...

excellent post.

Peace
Old 12-15-2009, 01:26 AM   #37
Snowbird
Avalon Senior Member

I haven't ordered cable for about 20 years. I haven't viewed a TV for almost 10 years. TV bores me. The commercials are the worst.

I am also grateful for what I have learned since removing myself from the TV. My "TV" is now reading, posting and learning.
Snowbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:36 AM   #38
watermunky
Avalon Senior Member

Can anyone give a suggestion as to how one can get others to see this issue as being valid and not come off as zealot.I have been screaming turn off your tv for a couple years now.Everyone I know watches the tube and relies on it for their main source of information.Most folks don't read so much these days,everywhere you go the mass media is there trying to put it in your face.Radio TV Headlines it can realy be overwhelming.
I am realy running out of patience Its everywhere except the woods
maybe thats where I belong
watermunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:55 AM   #39
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Oh, good then you are a safe person, not one of the tv zombies (THEY'RE EVERYWHERE

I have not watched television in over a decade and do I talk like a Sheeple?

Well done!

Gnosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruach View Post
I haven't watched TV since June of this year and I feel like a new person! It's only been the last couple of months where I've noticed how much of an effect not watching TV has had on me. I do watch movies from time to time via my Bluray player but I do not have cable installed in my home.

I actually never intended to quit watching TV, it just so happened I bought a house and never got around to installing cable. I kept putting it off because I was going to get DirecTV. But, after some thought, I decided to go without it.

It's been one of the best decisions I've ever made. And recently, to confirm my suspicions, I began reading about the ability to control the mind via the TV set i.e. Mind Control. This is absolutely unbelievable. Without getting into a lengthy post, I believe one of the most powerful tools the NWO has is the TV set. There are millions of them and they are in nearly every room of every home in the US.

In short, the NWO not only wants to distract us and keep us all preoccupied with football, Survivor, American Idol, and the like, they want to control our thoughts and they have the ability to do it with the TVs in our homes. Check out the Sound of Silence here:

http://www.wariscrime.com/2008/12/15...nd-of-silence/

I find that I now can think more clearly since not watching TV. Subtle details in my daily life now stick out to me. I'm able to "connect the dots" easier with various issues and see how one thing relates to something else in an entirely new way. I don't have the desire to "consume," a huge tactic that the TV wants us all to do. TV has replaced God in our lives, this is wrong.

Bottom line, TV is all about distracting the public to get us so preoccupied with meaningless things that we become enslaved, controlled, and can easily be manipulated. TV isn't reality, it's make believe. Yet so many of us believe that TV is reality and we adapt our reality to it. Unfortunately, many of us don't know that living in a dream world has serious consequences.

We must fight back. Think for one minute. If every American or person (where ever you are from) refused to watch TV. Think of what would happen? Really, think about it, let it sink in. Think of ALL the implications not watching propaganda and no longer being mind controlled would have on the Elite. Think about how much power they would lose and how much power we would gain. Think about the millions of people who would finally begin to live their lives for the first time.

It is possible. Turn off your TV, and take back what they stole from you.
Gnosis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:58 AM   #40
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbird View Post
I haven't ordered cable for about 20 years. I haven't viewed a TV for almost 10 years. TV bores me. The commercials are the worst.

I am also grateful for what I have learned since removing myself from the TV. My "TV" is now reading, posting and learning.
Count me in, although when we were renovating the basement for a tenant and had the tv installed I did gravitate to Holmes on Holmes and the house they were building in New Orleans -- I believe he is on the internet too, plus tons of DIY home improvement websites/videos. Who needs tv when there's internet?

I'd rather talk with you fellas than watch tv -- no commercials.

cheers!
gnosis
Gnosis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:36 AM   #41
Tango
Avalon Senior Member

This will explain it......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTVJq...layer_embedded

Keeping it Real...

Trooly,

Tango
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:49 AM   #42
Connecting with Sauce
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycharlie View Post
I am am hooked on internet radio interviews-mp3 etc
Me too... One of the best I've found is "oneradionetwork" for health, wealth and awareness and he also has a balanced NON-collapse view on matters but does interview a wide selection of guests.

At a recent Allangelsday in bury st edmunds in the UK a presented talked about the TV being broadcast on a fear frequency of 440Hz (I thave no proof of this) I'm just repeating what the presenter said... It's a shame as there is a love frequency of 528 Hz which would be far nicer.

I haven't really watched TV for a long time and only seem to watch 1 - 2 hours a week now. I do watch DVD's on my projector but the news and BS is no longer watched. Also the adverts for xmas are so obvious... My Russian Girlfirend is amazed at how much SELL SELL SELL there is! I'm on my way to removing myself from this tv world.

The trouble is you no longer can relate you the dross that your work colleges talk about as you haven't watched aload of toot the night before...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredkc View Post
This does present a problem. I have basically replaced my TV time with reading. I probably read 6+ hours every day. The problem? After a few years you'll find that you end up with almost nothing in common with most people you run across. Education sounds a noble cause, but most lack the attention span, or inclination.

Maybe I'm just getting old in my grumpy age. Who knows?

Fred
Exactly!!!! (not to the old grumpy bit

Oh and I almost forgot... this may have some good stuff...

http://www.whitedot.org/issue/iss_front.asp

For the newer ones who didn't see the old telly's when you switched them off they made a small white dot int he middle as the Cathode Ray Tube powered down...

Last edited by Connecting with Sauce; 12-15-2009 at 12:11 PM.
Connecting with Sauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:09 PM   #43
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitinginthewings View Post
I have not watched TV in over 2yrs now.....don't miss it either. But something I've noticed here in North America is; people will ask you over for dinner or to a party & they have the full big screen tv blaring in the background with images flashing from one screen shot to the next. This is very strange to me, why leave the tv on when you are people over & you are supposed to be socializing with each other. The tv is so distracting with its noise and flashing images.....I personally find that this is a rude behaviour.
I agree it's very rude to keep the tele on when you have guests

Fred

I think you are right it definitely looks like MS will be racing next year.
Who do you think will win the championship?? Lewis, Alonso or MS??
My moneys on Lewis
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 02:29 AM   #44
lightnoise
Avalon Senior Member

Great topic, & it is good to see you folks waking up & shutting down these devices. I think it is fairly evident t.v is destroying the whole fabric of our society with all the sex,violence,bad language, etc etc being streamed into peoples heads 4 or 5 hours a night.I am by no means some kind of prude, but do we really need this kind of input constantly ? we hear almost weekly of people going on killing sprees after "watching certain types of films". I used to be as addicted to television as much as the next guy, but in the last couple of years i hardly watch anything, except to keep tabs on the rubbish the media spout out which i do find quite amusing. Finally i think i am right in saying that when project camelot 1st mentioned the long awaited dr peterson interview it said he had some very interesting info on this very subject ! but sadly it seems to have been edited out, i'd guess it would probably be very much along the lines of, what some of the very perceptive posts to this topic say
lightnoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 03:16 AM   #45
haibane
Avalon Senior Member

I've been off the thing for 4 years now, after a life-long addiction ... I now feel SO sorry for all the people who do watch TV whom I visit on occasions (and most of them are no sheeple zombies), especially if they have children and they use the TV to entertain them. Not that I don't understand, they'd need a granny (i.e. mother-in-law) on the premises most of the time, which is far less acceptable for them then to rid of the TV set.

Having the opportunity to get an occasional glimpse of what I was wasting time on is quite revealing, even though being rather a geek I've got great respect for the technology. But the content just doesn't justify the time, effort and resources invested in it.

Btw anyone here familiar with Strugatski brothers' Inhabited Island?
haibane is offline   Reply With Quote