Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 12-07-2009, 02:15 PM   #1
Tramik
Avalon Senior Member

Default Health Care - Researchers Help

So a friend and I were having a discussion about health care. I was wondering how giving 30 million people additional health insurance was going to save money. He said that by giving people medications you could prevent the need for (emergency) surgeries.

So, what I’m trying to figure out is the average net cost of health for people with and without insurance.

Feel free to give some input.
Tramik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 02:56 PM   #2
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Health Care - Researchers Help

Your friend IMO is wrong............medication causes problems.

Todays medications and vaccinations cause serious problems. In fact food alone causes problems and deseases

You ever notice that one pill fits many causes ? Sure check your friends medication and you will see that one pill is suppose to cure all

We all have it within ourselfs to heal ourselfs.
mntruthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 03:14 PM   #3
Jonathon
Avalon Senior Member

Any emergency surgeries that a medication would prevent would be in an extreme minority. Mostly the health care bill finally creates a conduit by which pharma can medicate 18 to 64 year old people, which is why they support it.

I'm in health care myself and my experience with medicine on the whole is generally negative, especially when it comes to any "long-term" conditions. It is possible that medications hurt more people than they help and keep people in the system for additional treatment of "symptoms".

That's not to say that there aren't beneficial treatments to various conditions. There is a lot of good that will be done in the 1st 6 months and likely a lot of expense for various elective and other surgeries, however once the bulk of this expense comes out, it will stabilize.

What this health care bill needs to include is patient bill of rights that eliminates conflicts of interest, like those between Big Pharma and physicians; Big Pharma and medical schools; Big Pharma and TV advertising (which allows them leverage over media). If you can't advertise tobacco on TV, I don't think pharmaceuticals should get time either. There is more efficacy in tobacco products than in most pharma products, and that says it all.
Jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:59 AM   #4
Tramik
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathon View Post
Any emergency surgeries that a medication would prevent would be in an extreme minority.
What I need to know is how much of a minority. Data like this.

Net cost of health, average, for people with insurance:

Net cost of health, average, for people without insurance:

What percentages of people need life-saving surgery:

What percentages of people require medication to prevent death/surgery:

What percentages of people need medication as a result of medication:

What percentages of people need surgery as a result of medication:
Tramik is offline   Reply With Quote