Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 04-23-2009, 12:51 PM   #51
Dominic
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Kind thoughts for Antaletriangle

I feel like I have lost a friend.

We want you back.
Dominic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:10 PM   #52
Avid
Avalon Senior Member

Aye-up mate!
If you're on your hols have a good'un - if you're a laal bit fed-up don't be lad!
Blimey - it's not the same without you.
'ave a hug frae me, and get yersel' back 'ere asap x
Avid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:18 PM   #53
blastawaycas
Avalon Senior Member

I find this all a little sad..............when ifirst started using this site in july/august last year i was transcended into a world that i always believed existed. as time went on we got this warning that warning and it started to get a bit blah blah blah a bit Peter and the Wolf.
Then subscriptions smashed the forum group..... posts / threads dried up, i stayed with it.... and one or two excellent subscribers kept me coming back because the info and input and downright straight as a die truthfulness was shattering (they know who they are).... as well as some very very lovely lovely people it would be a pleasure to meet..... the dreamteam and love and light brigade, certain members who needed to endure a little exposure due to some unprovable facts and there above the clouds approach it was nice to see they were only human too.

But look at us now how very very sad.
We are slowly diseminating......thats a big word probebly mis spelt
I have a feeling that it is a long slow drown, i am so sorry about it
Because there are a real chocolait eclair mix
i mean eclectic mix.............. nice people that you just know are tree huggers but it does'nt matter because they are warm and genuine
others who you really know have had it real, seen it, done it, and know what they are saying. The survivalists bear trappers and Davey Crockett types,
the sponges like myself who watch read and listen with intent
and then there are those who believe the Teletubbies are based on a species of Alien along with the Clangers and some of the gang from Sesame Street

But I fear this is all drawing to a close with one or two slowly drifting into Cosmic Mass Ejection one day it will be a stampede

PLEASE DON'T TAKE MY RAMBLINGS WITH ANY OFFENCE FOR THERE IS NON INTENDED ALL I HAVE WRITTEN HERE IS WITH AFFECTION FOR NO MATTER OUR SKILL AGE RACE GENDER OR BELIEFS WE ARE ONE UNDER THE AVALON BANNER.....A BANNER I AM AFRAID LOOKING A LITTLE LIKE THE FRENCH FLAG AT WATERLOO....WHATS GOING ON PEOPLE ???

My Kindest Regards To You All Dave Caster
blastawaycas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:38 PM   #54
Malletzky
Avalon Senior Member

Dave, thanks for your above post, and...no need to worry my friend...even if this forum really goes down slowly as you feel, I don't care...I don't care, as I met You, all of you dear friends, I met you here and you all brought more light and knowledge in my life...

So even if we're all gone one day, we will know who we are when we meet again, as pure light, somewhere else...

malletzky
Malletzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:00 PM   #55
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeddo View Post
If anyone out there knows of a deserving person who would like to use what is left of my years subscription, drop me a pm and we can sort it from there. And NO moderators, you cannot say this is not allowed, I paid for it and I will do with it as I please. Zedd Out
Hi Zeddo,

I've been handling the issues around subscriptions that need one on one attention from a moderator. That is fine if you want to leave and give your subscription to anyone you want to - no problem with that. You can also donate it to the "gift subscription fund." Kerry has been most generous in giving a free subscription to anyone who asks. We have had donations to cover all but about 30 $12/yr subscriptions, so we are still $360 short on that. Your choice. If you find someone to take over your subscription just send me a PM and we'll get them to set up to post.

Gift subscriptions are available for those with low income - all you have to do is ask. karen@projectavalon.net.

Once again the moderating team profusely apologizes for this incident with Wayne and asks forgiveness from the forum members. It is not our intent to go rampaging through the forum being control freaks and in fact most of the forum guidelines are not even enforced, but we would ask your cooperation to give them a read and help us out. (see the bottom of this post for a link) One important guideline we need to pay attention to is not to post entire articles, but only a snippet or summary with a link to the article.

We are a random group of volunteers from all over the world that give a lot of time doing a lot of things behind the scenes that no one ever sees. And yes, sometimes one of us makes a mistake - we are just mere humans after all.

Our apologies, please forgive us,
Karen

Last edited by Karen; 04-24-2009 at 01:45 AM.
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:22 PM   #56
judykott
Avalon Senior Member

All moderators thank you for all the work you do. We are all human and as humans at times do things which others do not agree with. I hope that both Jack and Wayne stay as an example and inspiration for others to see as each living their truths, expressing it in different manners and learning to forgive and let go of the differences in a respectful way towards one another. I would miss either one if they left, but I would respect either one in their decision whatever it may be. My best regards to everyone in their decisions and hope to see you both back soon!!

Last edited by judykott; 04-23-2009 at 11:45 PM.
judykott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:23 PM   #57
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by piers2210 View Post
If it is "controlled" to any serious extent, eg what themes are acceptable/unacceptable, then tell us, because we can happily leave and move on. I joined, and have made a decent contribution to Camelot's funds too, because i believe that what Camelot/Avalon are doing is providing knowledge. Atb, Piers
Hi Piers and everyone,

No, there are not any acceptable/unacceptable themes or control of the the forum other than to follow the guidelines - as Colin says they were written by Bill and Kerry. We apologize for any actions that the various volunteer moderators have taken that might make one think otherwise. Please forgive us. We love you all!

See the link to our guidelines below.
Karen
Old 04-23-2009, 11:26 PM   #58
DAYDREAMER
Avalon Senior Member

Hey Antaletriangle don't bother about what that guy said to you. Your contributions to this forum are much appreciated and very useful and informative. There is a place for all kinds of postings in this forum, not just what 1 person thinks there is.

Looking forward to seeing you active once again soon
DAYDREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:37 AM   #59
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

I just talked to Wayne and he's fine, just been busy and also taking a break for a bit.
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:07 AM   #60
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Thank you Dan for the update.

Here's a question for some of you. Must we demonize Jack and the mod team try to help make Wayne feel better about the situation?

As I explained above, and will explain further now, I know what was in Jack's heart when this incident happened! He tried to connect with me twice for a voice skype, but it was a long Easter weekend with lots of family in town, some of them staying at our place for a Thurs through Monday holiday.

Maybe if I could have spent some time talking with Jack, I have 57 years of life experience and perhaps could have guided him on a more appropriate path. I've been faced with the "we must only think on positive things to manifest a positive future" school of thought enough times to be able to present the other side of that coin. Jack did talk with Carol, and some of the mods like the idea for Wayne to have his very own sub-forum like the witnesses had. (Had - as in certain members drove them all away.)

But then as Colin pointed out each new sub-forum must be approved by Bill and Kerry, and good luck with that as they are already inundated as it is - which is why I decided not to bother them right now with softening up the forum guidelines.

Do we have to play the one-up-manship game to encourage one that is hurt? We have to more seriously hurt the other? I say no. We are humans becoming - help each one become.

Karen
Old 04-24-2009, 02:13 AM   #61
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

I agree Karen...as I stated before..Jack was only trying to start a positive flow here....his intentions were only good..just not thought out enough to implement...I would still like to see where he was going with his infamous thread...I know it was heading in a good direction..and one that would probably help many of us here who are victims of the current economy...a solid way to ovecome some of the hurdles
BROOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 02:23 AM   #62
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

I just need to give you a friendly heads up here Karen, Antaletriangle doesn't want his own sub-forum. That's 100% for sure because he told me! He just gets on a roll and wants to share a lot of different information in all subjects and then let us decide what to take and what to leave, just like it should be.

I also like Jack a lot and have a lot of respect for him because he's a very smart guy at his age. He's been on the forum since day one and has given me a lot of info on certain people to read up on and watch videos on. His name should never have been brought up here.

Susan should've left it alone, and Karen also should've left it alone. I'm not bashing you two, but you shouldn't have said a word and just looked the other way.

Last edited by Dantheman62; 04-24-2009 at 02:29 AM.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:12 AM   #63
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Anatale should have his own sub-forum simply because he was doing the job that the Newsbot tried to take over. That damn Newsbot! Good thing we got rid of it.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:59 AM   #64
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman62 View Post
Susan should've left it alone, and Karen also should've left it alone. I'm not bashing you two, but you shouldn't have said a word and just looked the other way.
I agree and I disagree with you Dan. At this point, let me tell you there is a much larger story around this than I have told. I thought it was time for more communication not less. Every moderator is a person just like Wayne.

I so much dislike it when people start making assumptions that the moderators are power abusing ogres. In such a case I think more information is helpful, not less. We've been a great team since I joined them. We keep each other in line when someone reaches too far. I got a nice slap-down in mod chat not too long ago myself - Jeez I think I got up to one day to read about 2-3 pages of it. We live, we learn - just like everyone else. We like to get two or MORE to agree when any serious action needs to be taken. And 99.999% of the time it is best to keep the mod business between the mods and out of the public forum. There's so much going on behind the scenes it's impossible to properly explain. This is not some brag about being privy to an insider clique - damn, this is a lot of hard work.

I insisted on a few changes when I joined the moderating team. I did this because I watched the list to see what people were complaining about. Once the subscription mess settled down, I think it's been a real nice list. Then this awful thing happened with Jack and Wayne, and I know Jack felt encouraged by some of my comments and I do feel partly responsible for this. There's a time to bury sh*t and a time to dung it out!

I'd like to propose a Come Back Jack campaign because he hasn't signed onto the forum for the past week - way before this thread started.
If anyone wants to send an email to Jack ...
http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/member.php?u=4873
Click the contact tab and you can send an email.

And I'd really like to know - 'cause a legal beagle I am not - after Jack revised his thread that Piers complains about - what exactly is illegal about teaching people the results of having a positive attitude, teaching people to fish instead of just giving them a fish, and how to help revive the economy?

I have not liked participating in this thread being hijacked from "Kind thoughts for Antaletriangle." So if someone is not done having their say - why don't we start a different thread? Thanks for listening.

Karen

Last edited by Karen; 04-24-2009 at 10:13 AM.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:03 AM   #65
piers2210
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Karen,

Firstly, I think you're doing a great job - carry on! I still like the Forum, and often find great insights and info in here. Along with many other sources, it has helped me develop, learn, and join the dots.

I also like the fact that people eg Dan above, DO have the ability to make comments/suggestions/opinions in a public forum. Brilliant.

Secondly, I am a great believer in open communication. I used to promote, whenever i could, the reduction in secrecy when i was the head lawyer worldwide (outside the USA) acting for various major, very powerful, global corporations who had the ability to affect people's lives (btw, i am no longer a practising attorney after thirty years in the profession as i am embarking on a lifestyle change) - there are many benefits of "knowing what is going on". The benefits are too vast to reduce to writing here. But i DO think it was the right course of action for both you and Susan to have revealed certain information known to you both respectively, and it is appreciated. Believe me, when people find out truth, info, they change their attitude. Most bad attitudes are caused by ignorance.

Thirdly, the "legalities" of Jack's thread. I don't have the time, or desire, to go back over his thread and consider, from what he has written, whether he is acting inside or outside the law...BUT remember the following: this forum is about providing information, opinions etc. The mission statement is clear. It is NOT (so far as i'm aware) a forum for selling services. Regardless, anyone who makes "representations" about a service they are selling or promoting (or worse still is actually requesting money) rather than just saying "here's the info, do what you will with it" is almost certainly opening themselves up to potential liability, which is generally not a good thing! It also can impact other people's lives in unintended ways, which is even more serious - so all i can say is, be aware of the "consequences" of what you promote.

The subject matters contained within points 2 and 3 above are too vast for this thread, but i only suggest a bit of caution. It is merely friendly commentary from me, but one understands better the consequences of what you do as you get older. "Karma" and "consequences" under buddhist doctrines is for another thread!

Oh yes, and finally, not all lawyers are bad!! Many, but not all...."ego" is the problem...

P.
piers2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:03 PM   #66
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post
Anatale should have his own sub-forum simply because he was doing the job that the Newsbot tried to take over. That damn Newsbot! Good thing we got rid of it.
I understand Karen!
And Humble read my post right above yours. Antaletriangle does NOT! want his own sub-forum.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:32 PM   #67
chitty
Avalon Senior Member

I have always thoroughly enjoyed his posts, and effort. I pray he his o.k. and wish him the best.
chitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:17 PM   #68
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Quote:
Thirdly, the "legalities" of Jack's thread. I don't have the time, or desire, to go back over his thread and consider, from what he has written, whether he is acting inside or outside the law...BUT remember the following: this forum is about providing information, opinions etc. The mission statement is clear. It is NOT (so far as i'm aware) a forum for selling services. Regardless, anyone who makes "representations" about a service they are selling or promoting (or worse still is actually requesting money) rather than just saying "here's the info, do what you will with it" is almost certainly opening themselves up to potential liability, which is generally not a good thing! It also can impact other people's lives in unintended ways, which is even more serious - so all i can say is, be aware of the "consequences" of what you promote.

The subject matters contained within points 2 and 3 above are too vast for this thread, but i only suggest a bit of caution. It is merely friendly commentary from me, but one understands better the consequences of what you do as you get older. "Karma" and "consequences" under buddhist doctrines is for another thread!
P.
OK, I see,Piers thanks for the comments and clarifications, but you are not talking about the revised version of Jack's idea. It was not made abundantly clear on that thread that after the mod team pulled Jack's thread, Jack revised his first post to state that the 1 euro fee was just a small token of a person's commitment to participate - a symbol - and then he put back out on the forum. In the revised thread he stated that he would not receive any money - here's the new title and a link to the thread.

The guide to a happy succesful, fullfilling life. Recession or no recession. For Free
http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=12793

And your legality statement was made after the revision if I remember correctly, so I am guessing you missed the changes? I was tempted to post a comment at the point when the thread reappeared because people had to go back to the first post to understand - I had advised Jack to just start a new thread. Ha, in order to do everything I am tempted to do, the day would need to be 10 times longer.

Karen
Old 04-24-2009, 11:15 PM   #69
piers2210
Avalon Senior Member

You are right, Karen, my comments were made after the change, and its much better that no money is changing hands. However, the way the law works, you don't have to "take money" to incur liability where you are making representations or providing a service. I can't remember now what he was promoting though. Did he ever get as far as telling people what he was promoting? Whatever, nothing is really free.

Do you want me to be your first buddhist lawyer?

with love,
Piers
Old 04-25-2009, 12:29 AM   #70
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Quote:
You are right, Karen, my comments were made after the change, and its much better that no money is changing hands. However, the way the law works, you don't have to "take money" to incur liability where you are making representations or providing a service. I can't remember now what he was promoting though. Did he ever get as far as telling people what he was promoting? Whatever, nothing is really free.
Let's hop on over to Jack's thread for that discussion - the first post as far as I can recall is a total rewrite and a quick read. He even goes on a bit about "the law." (link above)

Quote:
Do you want me to be your first buddhist lawyer? with love,Piers
LOL! What's your definition of a "buddist lawyer?"

Do you work for free?

I have consulted a lawyer about once in my 57 earth years.
Even when I divorced my X - I said to my X - take everything, the house, the kids, the bills, just give me this car and the computer and my peace of mind. I'm not going to fight with you anymore and give half of everything to a lawyer. Good bye. And then I probably drew up some paralegal papers a couple of years later for a legal end to the 20 year nightmare.

Might be a prudent thing for Jack to consult a buddist lawyer if he wants to continue his project.

Kind thoughts for all,
Karen
Old 04-25-2009, 12:37 AM   #71
piers2210
Avalon Senior Member

Well i work on buddhist principles...so for the right cause that is "free".

Tell Jack to PM me if he is serious, and i'll look at his thread in a bit more detail.

P.

PS : I might be a lawyer, but i gave my "ex" most of the accumulated wealth. You should have married me, maybe you'd have got a better deal when we parted!!! I have a strong belief in balance, justice and fairness. I'm a libran, after all too!
Old 04-25-2009, 12:57 AM   #72
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Oooo....a free Buddhist lawyer......hmmm
Karen...if you don't marry him I will...but first he will have to
Help me with my divorce...free of course

Just kidding...of course I could not resist
BROOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 01:21 AM   #73
piers2210
Avalon Senior Member

Hahahaha! You girls crack me up!

For the right cause, advice is free!

I like the Camelot cause!

P.
Old 04-25-2009, 03:43 AM   #74
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

Both Jack and Ant are very valuable members of this forum and I hope for our sake they come back refreshed, relaxed and revitalized to just be who they are and not let others steer them off course.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:36 AM   #75
Starlah
Avalon Senior Member

Post Re: Kind thoughts for Antaletriangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman62 View Post
I just talked to Wayne and he's fine, just been busy and also taking a break for a bit.

Well THATS A BIG RELIEF! After everything I've read...Antale this Forum has at times been "a bummer" to me too from certain individual posters who don't seem to appreciate anything except their own viewpoint. As a matter of fact this has been my first posting after a month ago when a certain "someone" decided they needed to be extremely sarcastic on what I had presented on the Forum.
I think the posters who are in their 20's feel they know it all which is typical of "youngsters" another word for it "egocentric".
A great big "Bearhug" for you Antale...I'm taking another Break!