Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > What Does It Mean ?

Notices

What Does It Mean ? What does this all mean for the Ground Crew ?

Old 04-10-2009, 11:22 AM   #1
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Default Antarctic Sea Ice Up Over 43% Since 1980, Where Is The Media?

http://www.globalwarminghoax.com/com...ent.news.109.3

Sea ice at Antarctica is up over 43% since 1980 and we hear nothing in the news, yet Arctic ice is down less than 7% and they're all over it! We've been waiting for the main stream media to pick up on the increase of Antarctic ice but so far they're been totally absent. Guess its doesn't fit the plan.
Still no sign of the national media on the extraordinary growth of sea ice at the antarctic. They sure haven't missed a chance to point out the relatively small loss of ice at the arctic. Did did it ever occur to them that perhaps there is a natural process at work that has shifted ice growth from one pole to the other? Do they not want to admit that there are things man doesn't yet understand about how this planet works?

Remember that some of the “models” predicted increased antarctic ice, but they predicted increased “interior ice” due to increased snow fall. None of the models predicted increased sea ice around the antarctic. Yet that is what we have, and not just a little increase but a 43% increase since 1980!. This is highly significant yet hardly anyone in the main stream media (MSM) is talking about it.

Sea ice is much different than interior ice. Some of the models predicted increased ice over the interior of antarctic. If you've ever lived in the extreme cold temperature regions you already understand this. When it gets very cold the air become drier and it snows less, as the temperature warms towards freezing it actually snows more. Since the antarctic rarely even gets close to freezing its understandable that warming would cause more snow fall. Over time compacted snow would lead to more ice. But that is not what is happening here. We're seeing a dramatic increase in “sea ice”, this ice is over the ocean. Sea ice is caused by colder temperatures, not by increased snow fall. An increase of 43% is highly significant, but we hear nothing from either the MSM or the scientific community. Especially compared to the out 6%-7% decrease at the arctic (this isn't year over year, this is a 6% decline since 1980!).

Antarctic Sea Ice for March

Extent Concentration2009 5.0 million sq km 2.9 million sq km1997 3.8 million sq km 2.2 million sq km1980 3.5 million sq km 2.0 million sq kmThis is an increase of 45% for ice concentration since 1980. This continues a long trend that has been noted here for several months..

Interior ice is also increasing but not due to warming as the models have predicted. According to NOAA GISS data winter temperatures in the antarctic have actually fallen by 1°F since 1957, with the coldest year being 2004. All the while global CO2 levels have gone up and the main stream media has been reporting near catastrophic warming conditions. They regularly show Antarctic sea ice shelves breaking apart, which is an entirely normal process (though they never tell you that part). The main stream media and certain segments of the scientific community truly must have no shame.

If you have doubts about the increase in ice you can run the numbers yourself at the National Snow and Ice Data Center's website (part of the University of Colorado and funded by the National Science Foundation).

And if you want to read something really amusing take a gander at Michael Asher Blog about climate modelers trying to explain antarctic warming.... agh .. cooling....agh... warming it's delightful.
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:35 AM   #2
Steve_G

Default Re: Antarctic Sea Ice Up Over 43% Since 1980, Where Is The Media?

I bet the guy who wrote this isn't on Al Gore's Christmas card list.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:38 AM   #3
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Dead right Steve-it's true though how transparent and under the kosh the 'popular media' are-i couldn't work for a newsgroup that hides truths and never gives the full blown information.It says something about the people that work in these territories.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:54 AM   #4
Iceman
Avalon Senior Member

Good find thanks for the Info
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:56 AM   #5
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

I'm glad you find it interesting iceman with that username i feel fulfilled in the post!!lol.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:43 PM   #6
Dominic
Avalon Senior Member

More lies exposed. Now why the geo engineered chemtrails??

Was it just me or is it much colder outside? But the news says it is warm. It must be warm then.
Dominic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 01:03 PM   #7
micjer
Avalon Senior Member

micjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 01:06 PM   #8
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

The pole-shift is finally happening!
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 01:09 PM   #9
alyscat
Avalon Senior Member

Well, the data is from a global warming hoax website. I'll view it with jaundiced eyes. After all, we apparently are just about to lose or have just lost the wilkins ice shelf. And if you all can't feel how much hotter the sun is these last couple of years, then I'm guessing you aren't as sensitive to UV as I am.

That said, is it man made, carbon footprint issues? Which comes first, the chicken or the egg? I'm willing to admit that I don't know the answer to that. All the planets in the solar system seem to be warming up. SOMETHING is going on. Laughing and lurching about Al Gore isn't going to stop whatever that is, and neither will ignoring it.

alys

Last edited by alyscat; 04-10-2009 at 01:12 PM.
alyscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 01:39 PM   #10
Egg
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_G View Post
I bet the guy who wrote this isn't on Al Gore's Christmas card list.
hahahaha too true.
Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 02:04 PM   #11
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

right now it is unusually warm in Poland. For more than a week we've been having summer-like temperatures; people are walking around wearing T-shirts, sandals, sometimes light jackets. But it doesn't mean that the summer will be hot. In fact it could be quite cold since we are having summer now....
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:13 AM   #12
Dominic
Avalon Senior Member

The pacific northwest has had a very cold and snowy winter more snow and hail today. 15 to 20 snow events and we usually only get a couple. I would have to say things are cooling fast. I spend a lot of time outside and I watch nature and things are different. The chemtrails are making it even cooler.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:23 PM   #13
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi alyscat,

You are right to question the source of any information for interest or conflict of interest reasons.

However, you may also take their suggestion:

"If you have doubts about the increase in ice you can run the numbers yourself at the National Snow and Ice Data Center's website (part of the University of Colorado and funded by the National Science Foundation)."

Once again you must question the source of that information also.

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyscat View Post
Well, the data is from a global warming hoax website. I'll view it with jaundiced eyes. After all, we apparently are just about to lose or have just lost the wilkins ice shelf. And if you all can't feel how much hotter the sun is these last couple of years, then I'm guessing you aren't as sensitive to UV as I am.
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 02:02 PM   #14
Steve_G

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyscat View Post

That said, is it man made, carbon footprint issues? Which comes first, the chicken or the egg? I'm willing to admit that I don't know the answer to that. All the planets in the solar system seem to be warming up. SOMETHING is going on. Laughing and lurching about Al Gore isn't going to stop whatever that is, and neither will ignoring it.

alys
It's from a global warming hoax website because they believe man-made global warming is a hoax. There is a lot more credible scientific data supporting that view than the tripe continually vomitted out by the corporate media and the elite funded and controlled "scientific" establishment.

Why should we need to stop it? The planet heats up and cools down continually, it's a natural cycle and it's well within the global temperature range from the last 2000 years. I just object to mankind being told that it's their fault and they should pay for it, especially by a man who's making a mint trading in carbon futures and thus profiting directly from the scam he helps perpetuate.

We don't need to stop it, we need to adapt to it just like humanity has done for thousands of years. I'm all for cutting REAL pollution and cleaning up our act but I don't think paying billions in extra taxes to the PTB is the way to go about it, especially when their supression of free energy technology is the reason for our (irrelevant) carbon emissions.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:52 PM   #15
micjer
Avalon Senior Member

Revealed: Antarctic ice growing, not shrinking

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...3-2702,00.html

ICE is expanding in much of Antarctica, contrary to the widespread public belief that global warming is melting the continental ice cap.

The results of ice-core drilling and sea ice monitoring indicate there is no large-scale melting of ice over most of Antarctica, although experts are concerned at ice losses on the continent's western coast.

Antarctica has 90 per cent of the Earth's ice and 80 per cent of its fresh water. Extensive melting of Antarctic ice sheets would be required to raise sea levels substantially, and ice is melting in parts of west Antarctica. The destabilisation of the Wilkins ice shelf generated international headlines this month.

However, the picture is very different in east Antarctica, which includes the territory claimed by Australia.

East Antarctica is four times the size of west Antarctica and parts of it are cooling. The Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research report prepared for last week's meeting of Antarctic Treaty nations in Washington noted the South Pole had shown "significant cooling in recent decades".

Australian Antarctic Division glaciology program head Ian Allison said sea ice losses in west Antarctica over the past 30 years had been more than offset by increases in the Ross Sea region, just one sector of east Antarctica.

"Sea ice conditions have remained stable in Antarctica generally," Dr Allison said.

The melting of sea ice -- fast ice and pack ice -- does not cause sea levels to rise because the ice is in the water. Sea levels may rise with losses from freshwater ice sheets on the polar caps. In Antarctica, these losses are in the form of icebergs calved from ice shelves formed by glacial movements on the mainland.

Last week, federal Environment Minister Peter Garrett said experts predicted sea level rises of up to 6m from Antarctic melting by 2100, but the worst case scenario foreshadowed by the SCAR report was a 1.25m rise.

Mr Garrett insisted global warming was causing ice losses throughout Antarctica. "I don't think there's any doubt it is contributing to what we've seen both on the Wilkins shelf and more generally in Antarctica," he said.

Dr Allison said there was not any evidence of significant change in the mass of ice shelves in east Antarctica nor any indication that its ice cap was melting. "The only significant calvings in Antarctica have been in the west," he said. And he cautioned that calvings of the magnitude seen recently in west Antarctica might not be unusual.

"Ice shelves in general have episodic carvings and there can be large icebergs breaking off -- I'm talking 100km or 200km long -- every 10 or 20 or 50 years."

Ice core drilling in the fast ice off Australia's Davis Station in East Antarctica by the Antarctic Climate and Ecosystems Co-Operative Research Centre shows that last year, the ice had a maximum thickness of 1.89m, its densest in 10 years. The average thickness of the ice at Davis since the 1950s is 1.67m.

A paper to be published soon by the British Antarctic Survey in the journal Geophysical Research Letters is expected to confirm that over the past 30 years, the area of sea ice around the continent has expanded.

micjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:06 PM   #16
Dominic
Avalon Senior Member

More snow in the mountains near my house today! I am keeping my avatar until it quits snowing here in Washington.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:51 PM   #17
Sarahmay
Avalon Senior Member

Didn't Clif High say in a recent interview that reports would come out that said that the ice was expanding....but what is really happening is that the ice is thinning out and the actual volume of ice is much, much less? And this would precipitate the pacific coastal event?
Sarahmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:54 PM   #18
Sarahmay
Avalon Senior Member

This was in the news today:

Antarctic ice nearly size of N.Y. City breaks up

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30477787...8287?GT1=45002
Sarahmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:59 PM   #19
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

Each morning around 6:00am I read our outdoor temperature gauge. Comparing the current day's temperature with that for the previous five years I find that since the first of July 2008, there have only been 24 days when the day's temperature was warmer than each of the previous five years. The differences varied from +1C to +17C with 10 days where the difference was 10C or more. Now 24 days out of 304 is only about 8 per cent warmer days.

On the other hand, there were 56 days where the day's temperature was colder than each of the previous five years. That's 18 per cent colder days. The difference varied from -1C to -14C with 49 days where the difference was -10C or more.

Global warming? Not by my figures.
Brinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:35 PM   #20
Dominic
Avalon Senior Member

More snow today in the mountains can't pull the plants out the the green house yet?? I wish I could plant the garden.