Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2008, 03:01 PM   #1
Zelphael
Avalon Senior Member

Default Why I am gladly a Luciferian.

The following article I wrote in response to why I am a Luciferian and why I believe what I do.

I am not entirely sure as to the beliefs of the NWO. I am not certain theirs match mine, or true Luciferianism.

Read with an open mind.

---

Lucifer, The Only God Worth Knowing.

Lucifer – latin for “Light-Bringer” from lux or lucis meaning “light” and ferre, “to bear or bring”. Therefore, from etymology, Lucifer is one who brings light. With no other information, cultural connotations or otherwise, alone by itself this name would seem to indicate a positive idea or being much more than a negative one. Yet, second only to Satan, is it feared and detested.

If someone brings light to you in a dark place, you would thank and welcome him for his help in allowing you to see your surroundings. But that example is talking about optical light, photons.
If we take light in the metaphorical sense to mean illumination (the degree of visibility of your environment, clarification that removes obstacles to understanding, awareness of the place that one occupies in this world) then we can see that light, enlightenment, illumination, luminescence, etc all share a clear and healthy relationship with the mind, intellect, mental faculties which supply us with the ability to do this.

So Lucifer is one who brings light – illumination of the mind. Yet the Latin ferre also means “to bear”, meaning that Lucifer bears (contains, has within himself) that light. It could be derived from this that Lucifer is the personification of the mind, the intellect, the mental faculties, aptitude of interaction with and awareness of one's surroundings and, ultimately, reality. This is no bad thing. In fact, these things are the primary force which interfaces between our selves and the exterior world. This is a good thing. This is what we need. When this is not used properly, often enough or well enough, the self fails to interact with the world in any worthwhile, profitable or advantageous manner.

How does this tie in to “spirituality”? What is spirit? It is the mind. The mind is explicitly dependant on the body to live in it's current state, so the body provides the house for the spirit which is the mind, but there is not some “other” floating soul, astral energy or separate self governing the body and the mind. Spirit is the mind, soul is the body. If Lucifer is, loosely, an emanation or expression of the mind at it's best, most desirable and creatively productive state, Lucifer is the sole source of all spirituality.

Luciferianism is the most enlightened, practical and elaborate form of nousolatry: the interaction with, worship and appreciation of the mind. Greek nous (νοῦς) for “mind, intellect” and latreia (λατρεία), meaning “worship”.
While we all share the basic mental faculties which bear the Luciferian spirit, it is clear some possess it with greater, more productive, useful, worthwhile, skilful aptitude than others. Therefore, Luciferianism is not a universal or egalitarian ideal. It is elitist, esoteric and proactive in it's selective discrimination. These things are often looked upon with contempt by the masses, because (and for good reason) it often neglects to include them. But this is no fault other than their own.

Lucifer demands personal responsibility, development and actualisation of the higher self with relentless personal effort. Not only is elitism sensible, it's needed for progress to actually occur. Being highly skilled and selective, instead of generous with to whom are given opportunities and responsibilities when they completely lack the aptitude to carry them out properly, is ultimately better for all.
There is no greater challenge or pleasurable reward than relentlessly pursuing an active relationship with Lucifer. It is the ultimate of ultimates, to perfect one's own Luciferian spirit to the greatest it can be, taking into consideration the differing limits of capacity between individuals (as very few share the exact same potential, were it possible to quantify).

I unapologetically speak of Lucifer with anthropomorphic language. I feel this serves many beneficial purposes.
Firstly, man needs and has always craved one or more gods to call his own. Man has not yet had the chance to live without gods, and even those who claim to have none clearly do, just not in name, as they find other sources to which the same energy and thought is directed. Even affirmed atheism is never without the individual's own gods, explicitly acknowledged or not. God is the most ancient preoccupation for man's mind throughout our entire human history of civilisation. Think on that sentence alone, taking into consideration what I have said about the mind so far.
Secondly, there is a reason religions have more followers than “life philosophies”. People crave the satisfaction that comes with the process of externalisation of one's energy. In this, Lucifer is a useful anthropomorphic entity because he is 'the internal that is externalised'. He is a friend, a teacher, a helper, a lover, a guide. Humans crave the “other” and not all are ready to accept a completely self-reliant state of belief (and I would argue that, all other reasons considering, it is not a lesser or more perfect expression of Luciferianism to use or not use Lucifer in an anthropomorphic manner. This is completely up to the individual and he whom does not shouldn't look down upon he who does – the benefits of both are different and personal in their value.)
Furthermore, aesthetics and spiritual expression have always gone hand in hand. Religion is appealing because of the myths, ritual, psychodrama, mystery and theatrics. The diversity of religious belief around the world is obvious. One is free to pick and choose what is the name, character, appearance and nature of his god. And yet still, all gods are man-made inventions originating in the mind of man – any other assertion is a boldfaced lie. Therefore, the mind is the womb, playhouse and tomb of the gods.

Philosophy has often sought God and not found him, yet come up with elaborate, descriptive and wonderfully sublime systems of belief to explain the nature of the universe and metaphysical reality. While these systems may or may not suffice for their intended purpose, to many, they are impersonal and lack that utter “something” to be desirable. This is why time and time again, religion has prospered over philosophy. The stories and mythical characters living out highly fantastical lives are enjoyable and aesthetically rewarding.
Lastly, speaking of Lucifer as a living entity and a being in his own right makes for an interesting thought experiment. The faculty is certainly living, as long as we are, and we use it rightfully. So could it be Lucifer is “real” enough to be in his own right? That is up to the individual to decide. At this point in my journey, I would personally say 'no' to that question, but each to his own.

Lucifer is not Satan. Neither Jews nor early Christians ever knew the name Lucifer. It was not until the Roman Church latinised the texts and the name Lucifer was used to describe Nebuchadnezzar. A later misinterpretation of the original scripture caused tradition to accept this as the story of Satan's fall, and as such the name Lucifer became synonymous and interchangeable with that of Satan.

As a pagan god in his own right, Lucifer was the Roman name for the Greek god Phospheros, the Morning Star (and the Evening Star was his brother Hesperos, spoken of separately by Homer, but he did not realise these were both the same “star” they the Greeks were seeing; they did not know they were both the same planet Venus until Pythagoras discovered this in 550 B.C.E.
If Lucifer is both the Morning and the Evening Star, he is both the conscious mind of the day and the subconscious mind of the night. Both conscious thought and unconscious expression through dreams are rewarding.
Some god names which are either completely, partially or somewhat loosely associated with the Lucifer archetype (as I describe it) are Ahura Mazda, Thoth, Hermes / Mercury, Prometheus, Satan, (etc.) Lucifer is the Serpent, The Dragon and The Sun, in their positive (and sometimes negative) expressions. The most ancient expressions of wisdom, light, knowledge and action.

I choose to use the name Lucifer, because it is not a Christian term and theologically has nothing to do with Christianity, unlike Satan (which is a different idea from what I'm describing, even in a LaVayan sense) and etymologically makes the most sense. There is also a historical tradition of Luciferianism in that express name, in opposition to the movement of Christianity which is the pinnacle of everything that goes against the far superior Luciferian ideals. Christianity is subservient to an external god, makes the worshipper dependant and not self reliant, but a slave. The list goes on, and modern Satanists have documented the points far better. I concern myself not with Christianity here as I see Luciferianism to be entirely unrelated and far more ancient, historically speaking.

Lucifer is the oldest god on the planet, and the only one who has ever propelled mankind forward into higher states of development and evolution. He may be the oldest and greatest, but he is certainly not jealous or possessive, as he needs us not, yet without him we are worthless. Lucifer is the only saviour that mankind will ever have over his own destiny, and that is because he is us (yet we are not always in rightful communion with him).
Lucifer gives to those who earn it. He discriminatingly chooses his human partners and his rewards are hard earned, and can be taken away swiftly. The relationship must be constant, it must be enveloping in its love and always yearning for a greater depth. His modus operandi, while not always understood or accepted by the lower masses, is a far more personally empowering one, because doing things his way is the highest that man can attain, if he is properly evoked from within and worked with attentively.
He is never evil, cruel or malicious (highly subjective terms to begin with; what is “evil” is not always agreed upon). Evil is not a part of the fabric of our universe, as many schools of thought have attempted to justify. If anything, it is all a result of chosen actions by individuals expressing the faculty of free will. There is no evil force in nature.
However, a general understanding and acceptance of human morality in its most widely accepted and understood form would clearly indicate that perceive certain actions and events to be “evil”. It is a human construct, but a useful and arguably necessary one. Lucifer can never be truly evil, but he can and is always the highest expression of all that is good for the self, and what is good for each self, if properly actualised by each self, is eventually good for all even if all do not initially see and realise the logic, or detest the intensive requirements to get there or the methods used by others in their self-realisation. Misuse of a tool does not make the tool itself evil.

How Lucifer differs from LaVey's Satan, to those familiar with it – indulging in pleasures does not always lead to actualisation of Lucifer. Laziness is often pleasurable and desirable but ultimately damaging. Sex is enjoyable but short lived and not very progressive to the development of the self. Satan is instant gratification and appeals on the soul (body) level, Lucifer is deferred gratification and appeals on the spirit (mind) level. Satanism is materalistic, Luciferianism is essentially spiritual. Lucifer enjoys Satanic expression, but when and where appropriate and not to the detriment of the self's journey. Satan is raw, unrefined energy, whereas Lucifer is focused, refined and highly attuned and directed. Morality does not largely differ between the two schools of thought.

The Luciferian Pentacle: Man, upright within a pentagram, with the spirit (mind) point at the top, as opposed to the satanic inversion with the four elements (the body) above spirit to symbolise materialism over spirituality.
The equal-armed cross within the circle is the glyph of Earth and represents Man at the centre of his universe as his own god. The moon and five planets are not essential (this is from Cornelius Agrippa's occult writings). The pentagram has also been strongly associated with Venus, and this is another connection to Lucifer the Morning and Evening Star.

HE ALONE IS WORTH KNOWING! HAIL LUCIFER!
Zelphael is offline   Reply With Quote