Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Global Ground Crew Networking > United States

Notices

Old 09-24-2008, 03:24 PM   #26
mortalcoil
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Nebraska Self Organizing Collective Lincoln/Beatrice/Omaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUESTINY View Post
I can make it to the Sept 27th meeting.
I will be arriving as well
mortalcoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 03:26 PM   #27
mortalcoil
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Nebraska Self Organizing Collective Lincoln/Beatrice/Omaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan Burke View Post
Try this:

http://www.siloworld.com/

The other site is legit. They are good folks.

Jonathan
jonathan, thanks so much for the links, the silo they have in roswell is fantastic. You said they have one available near beatrice?! Could you post the link for that as well?
Old 09-24-2008, 04:00 PM   #28
jonathan Burke
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Nebraska

Hello all!

I want to take a moment to impress upon everyone the necessity of getting together this weekend. I'm sorry if I'm being "serious" here, but there is quite a heavy gravity to the situation right now. Anyone that knows me would tell you I am not a SERIOUS person at all. So please take me seriously here on a little analogy for the moment.

If the economy came to a screeching halt tomorrow before our meeting and everything went hell in a hand basket, where would you be?? No plans, no on group to work with, nothing. You're on your own, right?

Second scenario, you come to the meeting, people meet each other, we codify some core issues, we have phone numbers, addresses, and starting plans galore.

Which situation sounds more confrontable???

There are only two ways you can be wrong in this physical universe of ours.

Over or under estimation of effort.

I would much rather overestimate the amount of effort in our current situation and have people of a like mind to survive with etc. myself. Not to mention the scenarios beyond that which need more data evaluation and estimation still...

How about you?

Please listen to the new George Green audio posted yesterday. If 50% of the things occur, we are in big trouble. Maybe they won't at all, but, at least we can be prepared and ready if for nothing at all.

Please attend this weekends meeting in Kansas City for yours and everyone else's sake. Sorry to be so hard core, but it gets the point across.

Thank you.

Jonathan
jonathan Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 04:43 PM   #29
QUESTINY
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan Burke View Post
Hello all!

I want to take a moment to impress upon everyone the necessity of getting together this weekend. I'm sorry if I'm being "serious" here, but there is quite a heavy gravity to the situation right now. Anyone that knows me would tell you I am not a SERIOUS person at all. So please take me seriously here on a little analogy for the moment.

If the economy came to a screeching halt tomorrow before our meeting and everything went hell in a hand basket, where would you be?? No plans, no on group to work with, nothing. You're on your own, right?

Second scenario, you come to the meeting, people meet each other, we codify some core issues, we have phone numbers, addresses, and starting plans galore.

Which situation sounds more confrontable???

There are only two ways you can be wrong in this physical universe of ours.

Over or under estimation of effort.

I would much rather overestimate the amount of effort in our current situation and have people of a like mind to survive with etc. myself. Not to mention the scenarios beyond that which need more data evaluation and estimation still...

How about you?

Please listen to the new George Green audio posted yesterday. If 50% of the things occur, we are in big trouble. Maybe they won't at all, but, at least we can be prepared and ready if for nothing at all.

Please attend this weekends meeting in Kansas City for yours and everyone else's sake. Sorry to be so hard core, but it gets the point across.

Thank you.

Jonathan
Mortalcoil and I will be there please send me the exact address so that I may mapquest it and we will be there.
Thanks
QUESTINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 05:05 PM   #30
mortalcoil
Avalon Senior Member

Yes both questiny and I realize the gravity and the importance of having a collective in the vicinity. That's why we support this 100%

You mentioned if we have a website, I am a webmaster and would be delighted to build something for us here. Lets shoot some ideas around on how we'd like it and I'll get to work on it.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:59 PM   #31
QUESTINY
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortalcoil View Post
Yes both questiny and I realize the gravity and the importance of having a collective in the vicinity. That's why we support this 100%

You mentioned if we have a website, I am a webmaster and would be delighted to build something for us here. Lets shoot some ideas around on how we'd like it and I'll get to work on it.
We will bring our laptops and get a network together.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:26 PM   #32
strayslack
Avalon Senior Member

As I've mentioned before, I will be attending with a friend who does novice filmmaking. He and I, assuming there are no objections, would like to film the meeting. If you plan on hosting a web site, this film could be downloadable to folks in the area who are unable to attend.
Good stuff happening, folks!

Questiny and Mortal Coil,
If Jonathan doesn't respond to your request for a map, please let me know.
strayslack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 07:12 PM   #33
QUESTINY
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by strayslack View Post
As I've mentioned before, I will be attending with a friend who does novice filmmaking. He and I, assuming there are no objections, would like to film the meeting. If you plan on hosting a web site, this film could be downloadable to folks in the area who are unable to attend.
Good stuff happening, folks!

Questiny and Mortal Coil,
If Jonathan doesn't respond to your request for a map, please let me know.
Yes, please bring the camera. We have no problem with it. This will prove very useful.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:48 PM   #34
QUESTINY
Avalon Senior Member

Are we still on for Saturday? Can you give me the exact address for Mortalcoil and I to make sure we are on time and at the right place.

Thanks
Old 09-26-2008, 01:52 AM   #35
strayslack
Avalon Senior Member

[QUOTE=QUESTINY;27819]Are we still on for Saturday? Can you give me the exact address for Mortalcoil and I to make sure we are on time and at the right place.

Thanks[

Everything is a go. I've spoken with Carrie Todd, and she and Jonathan are in. The address and web site are as follows:
816-523-4677
520 W. 75th St.
Kansas City, MO 64114

http://www.75thstreet.com/

Looking forward to seeing everyone there.
Old 09-26-2008, 02:10 AM   #36
QUESTINY
Avalon Senior Member

Mortalcoil and I will be there at 6PM this Saturday!
Old 09-26-2008, 03:03 PM   #37
jonathan Burke
Avalon Senior Member

Sorry I, missed your posts Questiny. I've been busy trading the markets this week and hadn't looked in on you guys.

Everything is a go at the address listed in the prior post.

Jonathan
Old 09-26-2008, 03:32 PM   #38
gordon
Avalon Senior Member

Questiny, this SOC Cult of yous...Does the website-s of your cult have any Information about "free energy" and -home made-free energy-electromagnet-generator- Sorry, I am not sure...so I had to ask! If not on the website-s, where else could or would the members-outsiders of the cult would beable to see the Information???
gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 03:36 PM   #39
gordon
Avalon Senior Member

The reason why I have asked the other Question-s is because, if you are going to have this SOC underground shelter, I honestly think it IS *important* in everyway to know the facts about the other post-question-s of what I have asked.
gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 06:11 PM   #40
mortalcoil
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon View Post
The reason why I have asked the other Question-s is because, if you are going to have this SOC underground shelter, I honestly think it IS *important* in everyway to know the facts about the other post-question-s of what I have asked.
Gordon, I know your ways, have read other posts of yours.

None of your posts have any relative value and only seek to undermine what is being built here.

Because you are neither hot nor cold I will spew thee out of my mouth.

I recommend no one on this thread entertain your mischief by answering your skeptical questions. There is no justification in seeking these answers from us.

Further more I also recommend we adjourn this thread for this very reason and retreat to more private means of communication. If anyone else wishes to seek us out for more constructive purposes they know how to find us.
Old 09-27-2008, 03:45 AM   #41
jonathan Burke
Avalon Senior Member

FYI.

The meeting at the 75th Street Brewery will be held upstairs in the Nest.

Here is a description:

The Nest gives you and your guests a birds-eye view of the brewery from our indoor "balcony." It accommodates up to 25 for a sit-down meal or up to 30 for a casual cocktail party. The Nest is the perfect place for a business luncheon or a birthday party.

Here's their web site for more details....

http://www.75thstreet.com/

See you tomorrow night...

Jonathan
Old 09-27-2008, 04:28 AM   #42
Toby
Avalon Senior Member

Just found your thread.... am in the Council Bluffs area.. Have corresponded with Jonathan an hope to possibly make it to KC but have to convice the wife of its importance... According to George Green the southern hemisphere is the best part of the world to be in has anyone given that anythought? Will be checking back here off and on for up dates.
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 03:18 PM   #43
QUESTINY
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
Just found your thread.... am in the Council Bluffs area.. Have corresponded with Jonathan an hope to possibly make it to KC but have to convice the wife of its importance... According to George Green the southern hemisphere is the best part of the world to be in has anyone given that anythought? Will be checking back here off and on for up dates.
Hi Toby, glad your here. We would really love for you to make it to the meeting! The Southern Hemisphere is not for everyone. There are a lot of issues with it. #1 You will have citizenship problems. #2 English may be a second language to most. #3 You will not know your terrain, laws and customs as you would here in the states. #4 You will still need to be away from the coasts. #5 There will be plenty of safe places here in the states, it just takes research. We can discuss these and many more at the meeting or you can Private Message me.

Welcome. Look forward to meeting you
Old 09-28-2008, 09:15 PM   #44
strayslack
Avalon Senior Member

Questiny, it was a pleasure meeting you.
I meant to talk to you about seeds. Given the urgency of the situation at hand, what would you suggest I could do right now to obtain a decent stock of seeds?
Old 09-28-2008, 11:01 PM   #45
QUESTINY
Avalon Senior Member

It was a pleasure meeting you as well.

The two main companies we buy from are Spring Hill Nursery and Harris Seeds. Only buy the Heirloom seeds and have them send you a copy of their free catalogs. There is a 3rd we buy from but I can't remember right now but as soon as I check I'll send you a PM about them. Look them up online. Thanks
Old 10-13-2008, 04:54 PM   #46
jopatch
Avalon Senior Member

Hi,
Just joined the forum, and live in Omaha.
If you meet again, I would live to join in.
jopatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:47 PM   #47
QUESTINY
Avalon Senior Member

Thank you to everyone for your interest. All Nebraska people are welcome to post here or send me a private message. Really appreciate the like minded networking.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:50 PM   #48
QUESTINY
Avalon Senior Member

Hello Heartlanders,

We are having our second meeting this Saturday night 10-11 at 6:00 in the Kansas City area.

Our first meeting was very good with 13 people attending. We were able to get much more set into motion than I had hoped.

Please post here if you are interested in attending and someone will be in touch with the actual location.

NOTE: Our Saturday meeting was excellent with a great turnout. We added two more great people to our community.
Old 10-19-2008, 03:58 PM   #49
Blufire77
Avalon Senior Member

Arrow Re: Nebraska

Hello Midwesterners,

Our third “physical” meeting (we have had several on chat) will be this Saturday, October 25 at 4:00.

The meeting will be here on my organic/eco farm just south of Kansas City. We wanted to combine the meeting part with a Autumn get-together . . . . complete with camp fire, smores, animals (lots of baby chicks), fishing, organic hamburgers and laughter. Come meet like minded people that you may want to form a community with. We are on our way in establishing 2 possibly 3 zoned communities now.

We are people from all walks of life, we look like and are your neighbors, co-workers, college students, doctors, financial advisors, electricians, computer programmers, lawyers, teachers, printers, farmers, mothers, fathers, husbands, wives and children. Normal people in a very difficult world who want to build a new abundant life.

Also I wanted to announce that I will be giving homesteading, herbal and gardening classes this coming year here on the farm. Learn how to grow and preserve your own food, chickens, medicine or just how to survive out of the concrete jungle!

Post here if you are interested in coming to the meeting this Saturday or in the classes and we will be in touch.
Blufire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 04:40 PM   #50
QUESTINY
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blufire77 View Post
Hello Midwesterners,

Our third “physical” meeting (we have had several on chat) will be this Saturday, October 25 at 4:00.

The meeting will be here on my organic/eco farm just south of Kansas City. We wanted to combine the meeting part with a Autumn get-together . . . . complete with camp fire, smores, animals (lots of baby chicks), fishing, organic hamburgers and laughter. Come meet like minded people that you may want to form a community with. We are on our way in establishing 2 possibly 3 zoned communities now.

We are people from all walks of life, we look like and are your neighbors, co-workers, college students, doctors, financial advisors, electricians, computer programmers, lawyers, teachers, printers, farmers, mothers, fathers, husbands, wives and children. Normal people in a very difficult world who want to build a new abundant life.

Also I wanted to announce that I will be giving homesteading, herbal and gardening classes this coming year here on the farm. Learn how to grow and preserve your own food, chickens, medicine or just how to survive out of the concrete jungle!

Post here if you are interested in coming to the meeting this Saturday or in the classes and we will be in touch.
Thank you so much. Us Nebraska Folk will be there!